HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Mount Vernon :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Am I Nuts?
Posted by: 2concerned ()
Date: May 24, 2012 05:21AM

Okay, I'm going to try to "bend the rules" without breaking them. This isn't my forum, and I'll try to be respectful of that.

An "operator" of this site recently closed down a thread that I'd be "bumping." He probably made the right call -- I was going to keep it at the top of the list until it got some attention. He made some pretty nasty and racist remarks when he closed the thread, but I've come to realize, that's normal around here.

But, over the course of the past six days, my sanity has been called into question, and I've been unable to get help in figuring out what the question even is...

I've boiled it down to:

1) a man, unknown to myself (or anyone else, including event staff and performers) was behaving erratically in a school parking lot last weekend, and operating a motor vehicle in an illegal and dangerous manner.

2) the man was interviewed by police, determined not to pose an immediate threat, but ordered to park his vehicle, or leave.

3) the man pops up in the auditorium, makes a comment about you calling the Police, and then dissapears.

4) during the finale of the event, the man pops up among a throng containing ALL of the children who were present for the event (including my Daughter)

5) you beg, please, and cajole to get attention, but NOBODY will take you seriously

6) FCPS tells you that they're not responsible for SACC

7) SACC won't respond

8) the Principal of said school labels the event "not an issue" because nothing bad actually happened

9) NOT A SINGLE PERSON AT THE COUNTY OR STATE LEVEL IS WILLING TO TELL ME WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY CHILDS SAFETY.

They won't return emails, calls... I've done things I'm not proud of. I mean, I'm getting ready to "photoshop" Terrence Yarborough in with Pedobear, and label it as a photo from a "Grateful Dead" concert in Berkeley.

Really, I've tried every single thing I can think of. I'm often creative, so I'm sure I'll come up with more, if left alone; but really, I only want:

The name of one person who will review the entire incident (I saw things that others didn't and have tapes that nobody will look at) from beginning to end, determine if existing policies were met, and if they weren't what needs to be fixed.

That's all I've been asking for.

PLEASE... if you have suggestions about how to get traction on this, I'd be more thankful than you could know.

Thank You!!!
-A Sleepless Father of Two in FCPS/SACC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Am I Nuts?
Date: May 24, 2012 05:44AM

Let me also say to the "ops":

I apologize, in advance, for what I'm going to try to do.

I'm going to try to do it again. I kept the last one afloat for two days, and somehow, only one of the hundreds present even responded. Nobody's phone rang, either at FCPS, SACC, or VA DOE.

But this time, I won't bump it myself.

At least not until I have something intelligent to add.

... and I hope this counts as something intelligent(?)

Anyway, for everyone else: I'm going to try to keep this FUNNY.

I hope I can pull it off without going over the line. I really do.

But I do have a dry, dark sense of humor.

Here are the rules (I hope):

1) you say something

2) I can respond

I hope that's fair. I'm a programmer, and a "cyber-guy." I've got more IPs at my disposal than I'd care to count, and I could come from any one (or all) of a bunch of different countries. But, no, I'm not going to "cheat," and bait myself.

I might "troll", though.

Sound cool?

Date: May 24, 2012 05:48AM

Oh, I'm going to try to "Fark myself" again, too.

"Round 2... Begin!"
Attachments:
18stop1.jpg

Date: May 24, 2012 08:14AM

I didn't realize that the previous link was not only closed, but that you "can't" get to it.

Please see here:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/913359/914605.html#msg-914605

This particular vulnerability is called an "Insecure Direct Object Reference."

It's in the OWASP Top 10, and really, pretty remedial.

Date: May 26, 2012 06:25PM

My sincere apologies to all.

The "hack" wasn't a "hack" at all, BTW. It was from an email. I chose to share this in order to avoid violations of applicable laws.

The attack that was used to "close" the thread, which I didn't look at, at first, was actually an injection vulnerability (also OWASP Top 10).
Attachments:
ThreadClosed.jpg

Posted by: What ()
Date: May 28, 2012 03:16AM

There is something seriously wrong with you. You should be seeing a psychiatrist about getting some medication. You have custody of children? That's fucked up.

Date: May 28, 2012 04:04AM

It took nightmares to raise my concerns, and the help of many supportive friends and family to refine them into this message. I hope you'll consider the words. I truly believe they'll save a child's life.

http://wh.gov/LuQ

Posted by: perspective ()
Date: May 29, 2012 01:46PM

You ask your friends if you are nuts, some say yes, and you jump on them as if they somehow betrayed you when you SHOULD have taken that as an answer to your question.

I mean why ask the question if you are going to bark at your friends for giving you an honest answer? You think it is better if everyone posts that they agree with you, even if they do not?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.