HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Great Falls :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I'm thinking of relocating to Great Falls...
Posted by: Oscar Goldman ()
Date: November 02, 2015 05:52PM

Specifically the Locust Hill Drive area. We'll be buying our first single family home, and we're attracted to the reasonable prices in that neighborhood.

Anyone here live in that neighborhood? If so, what are the pros? cons? Are the neighbors friendly and approachable? How are the recreation opportunities in the immediate area (parks, pools, etc.)? Any thoughts are welcomed and appreciated.

In case it matters, I will commute to Rockville. I know the commute to/from work will suck, and I feel prepared for that. But I do welcome any input from others in that area making a similar commute.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm thinking of relocating to Great Falls...
Posted by: Oscar Weiner ()
Date: January 18, 2016 12:49PM

Nearby Shouse Village is a much better subdivision.

Posted by: jojomom ()
Date: February 04, 2016 10:42PM

I don't live in that exact subdivision, but I'm close by. Parks in GF are great but you usually can't walk to them. GF National Park is amazing, has lovely hiking paths and beautiful views of the falls. Riverbend national park is also lovely with a nature center and trails. The only pool option is a private pool (GF Swim & Tennis), joining a country club, or joining a gym with an outdoor/indoor pool (Reston Lifetime is new, pretty close, and has both).

Shouse is a great community in nearby Vienna, VA with its own pool, accessible to Shouse residents only. The prices are higher in general than Locust Hill, but you get the pool membership. There are lots of young families.

Good luck with your search!

Posted by: 7 years in ()
Date: June 19, 2016 07:45PM

I moved to Great Falls 7 years ago from a congested city on the West Coast and fell head over heels with our house sitting on a wooded 2 acres. Jobs being what they are I was forced to take on in Rockville, and I would not have done that intentionally, been looking for another job since. I didn't realize people move to GF to get away from having to deal with or interact with neighbors alogether and with kids that is depressing.

Posted by: Tron Endean ()
Date: February 06, 2017 11:59PM

If you like police cars getting shot at, double murder suicides, child sex traffiking, dead bodies in great falls park, teenagers with bad drug problems funded by their parents absurd wealth, and crazy rednecks like myself who drive drunk as hell at break neck speeds with a loaded 9mm under the seat then yeah relocate to great falls..... if you can afford it that is. really nice area for doing illegal things behind closed doors

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.