HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
McLean :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
student who stole exam is admitted to uva
Posted by: mhs teacher ()
Date: February 24, 2017 08:28PM

A senior at McLean HS stole a BC Calculus exam from McLean's testing center.

He has already been admitted to the University of Virginia -- home of the famous honor code.

MHS isn't reporting the honor code violation to UVA.

How do you feel if your kid has been waitlisted to UVA knowing that a cheater has been admitted and won't be ratted out because of bad PR??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: student who stole exam is admitted to uva
Posted by: McLean Parent ()
Date: February 27, 2017 03:11PM

I heard this from my child too. My child told me cheating is going on all the time....some teachers turn a blind eye, other students don't bother to report it, since they know the administration will not do anything...too much effort I was told. This is HORRIBLE.

My student told me that another child who has consistently cheated since Freshman year is wait listed at an Ivy. All I told my student that karma will get this child eventually. If the student cheated their way into UVA or another school, they will cheat again and get kicked out.

It is totally unfair to the child that is not admitted and is honest. I am sorry to hear this. And I would like to see reform at McLean HS.

Posted by: res ()
Date: March 31, 2017 12:29PM

FCPS does so much more than private schools do to prevent cheating. Kids cheat in every school. In the private schools, upper classmen sell the test to the younger students. The students still have to at least study the particular questions. Who knows, they could have shared the test with their whole class.

Posted by: j4Lkh ()
Date: March 31, 2017 03:46PM

The surprise isn't that it happened. The surprise is that it was reported. There is a double standard for cheating just as there is a double standard for drug violations.

Posted by: XGMDM ()
Date: August 29, 2017 02:55AM

Lots of people cheat their ways through college, too.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.