HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Merrifield/Dunn Loring :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Merrifield at Dunn Loring Station apartments
Posted by: ralph m. ()
Date: May 28, 2012 12:51PM

we have a terrible roach problem in our apartment. My wife and I just discovered that lots of other people have had the exact same problem with these apartments, and that they weren't able to solve the problem.

Does anyone have experience trying to break their lease early? We would like to get out of there ASAP.

Thanks for any advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Merrifield at Dunn Loring Station apartments
Posted by: Kent ()
Date: August 08, 2012 01:09AM

well, you chose to live in Merrifield so what did you expect?
So I would say just pay the fucking extra $$ to brake the rent but you live in Merrifield so I doubt you can afford to do that.

Posted by: fff ()
Date: August 31, 2012 10:40AM

There's been a major roach problem in those apartments since at least 2001/2002.

When we were living there, management would regularly make people remove everything from their kitchen cabinets so they could treat for roaches. On extermination day, a guy would run into the kitchen & spray something behind the stove (being in the apartment for all of about 30 seconds). Never anything sprayed into the cabinets. One time, notices were posted telling the residents that in order to decrease the roach problem, they had to stop leaving cooked rice and other food sitting out overnight and they had to use HOT water with SOAP when cleaning greasy surfaces.

The only way they're ever going to get rid of the roaches there is to bulldoze those bldgs and replace with more upscale to keep the dirty 3rd world inhabitants out.

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: March 13, 2019 07:20AM

by roach do you mean oriental?

Posted by: sane ()
Date: March 27, 2019 08:02PM

Can't just blame it on Third-World Immigrants. Roaches were also a problem decades ago, even when many apartments were majority-white.

Date: April 02, 2019 05:12AM

Looks like I found the gook lover.

Date: August 07, 2019 06:21AM

Bump.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.