HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why does the Diocese Support Perjuring Priest Bob Malm?
Posted by: Grace Episcopal Alexandria ()
Date: November 25, 2019 06:01PM

The Episcopal Diocese of Virginia: Mad Men Revisited

Someone recently asked me why the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia continues to defend Bob Malm, his perjury, and Grace Episcopal’s attempts to game the legal system. Of course, only the diocese knows for sure, but I believe I know why.

In large measure, it’s the same paradigm, I believe, as led diocesan officials to support Bishop Bruno, despite clear evidence he’d behaved badly on multiple occasions. Specifically, trust in people known to the diocese, combined with arrogance, complacency, and a psychological paradigm in which questioning one’s preconceived notions intertwines with fear of questioning one’s faith. On top of that, there’s evidence to suggest that diocesan chancellor, JP Causey, gives folks bad legal advice, in which he urges diocesan officials to take a hands-off approach in order to minimize potential liability, despite canonical requirements to the contrary and larger ethical issues. And there’s the gut instinct to protect the institution at all costs, even when doing so actually results in lasting damage.

Of course, it is this very same confluence of factors that leads churches to ignore sexual abuse. The Catholic church has been handling issues this way for decades, with predictably disastrous results. And the church adheres to a Madmen-era definition of abuse: Unless it involves children or sex, it doesn’t count.

At the same time, the one thing that can be said for the vestry at Grace church and the diocese is that Christianity has nothing to do with their conduct. Even a rudimentary review of the evidence would make clear that Bob Malm misused the legal system, lied to the courts, and committed perjury during discovery. But the diocese doesn’t want to go there, as doing so would uncover these inconvenient truths. And parishioners continue with their laughable, “Bob Malm wouldn’t do that,” routine.”

In short, no matter how things play out in court, it’s important to realize that this situation illustrates a larger truth, which is that there is simply nothing Christian about the diocese of Virginia or its officials. Yes, there are churches in the diocese that do hold to a real faith, but they face profound challenges when they send money to an utterly broken and corrupt diocese.

So, if you are looking for real Christian faith, my advice is to look elsewhere. Otherwise, you may wind up wasting a lot of time, money and energy on an utterly illusory situation.
Attachments:
9A52E3C0-8C29-4983-8B43-23312845DD11.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why does the Diocese Support Perjuring Priest Bob Malm?
Posted by: Grace Episcopal Alexandria ()
Date: November 25, 2019 06:14PM

Grace Episcopal, the clergy perjury parish
Attachments:
E75F04F8-2B97-4B80-BBE7-EE914D8A1496.jpeg

Posted by: Lisa Gardner ()
Date: November 25, 2019 11:39PM

The Diocese and the Church support Bob Malm because he is well loved and you are psychotic and a compulsive liar. The people of Grace who went to Court say you are the one that committed perjury. You lied on the stand numerous times, made up fictional people and wrote a fictional will. You tell so many lies I think you believe your own stories. You must be a very miserable little man if this is all you do with your life. To think you can represent yourself in a lawsuit against Grace and the Diocese is pathetic and shows how really sick you are. You will end up broke and with egg on your face. You’ll make an utter fool of yourself! But, you’ve been doing that already for the last 4 years.

Posted by: 10/10 post ()
Date: November 26, 2019 06:38AM

^^^^
Hahahahaha, this. You nailed it. Unfortunately, the mentally ill don’t know they are crazy, and I believe he thinks he is correct. I would feel sorry for him, but he keeps bothering other people about this church, and I don’t think he sees what a lunatic he comes across as.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.