HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
See for Yourself: Episcopal Priest Bob Malm’s Evasions and Lies Under Oath
Posted by: Eric Bonetti ()
Date: August 27, 2018 10:10AM

In the attached interrogatories, which Dysfunctional Bob answered under oath, Bob told several lies and repeatedly evaded answering legitimate questions. In addition, several are logically inconsistent.

That begs the question: If Bob really felt threatened, why not lay his cards on the table? Why the fun and games? And why, if he fears I wouldn’t honor an agreement in resolution of this conflict, did he just send over a settlement proposal? “I was threatened. Now just quit blogging and we’re cool.”

Doesn’t work that way.

Moreover, Jeff “Sugarland” Chiow, by endorsing and supporting Bob’s evasions and untruths, has undercut the church’s moral authority in this matter. Readers can quickly see that the church is morally bankrupt. And it’s not just one minor issue—throughout this matter the church’s conduct has been outrageous and appalling, including trying to subpoena a dying woman. All I can say is I hope Bob’s mom didn’t have to deal with asshats like this as she was dying.

First, Bob’s lies:

* Meetings were NOT repeatedly cancelled between him and various family members. Mom never asked to meet Bob, nor would she. One meeting was canceled with Bob with my friend and relative, Liz, after Bob informed her at the last minute that he couldn’t keep the appointment as he’d planned for several weeks to be out of town. Given that she was already on the road, the meeting simply wasn’t doable, and Bob’s lack of prior notice was, at a minimum, rude. But what else would you expect?

* As he well knows, his daughter Lindsey has repeatedly blogged about the matter. Yet he claims it’s only his wife.

*Dysfunctional Bob claims he didn’t lie when we met with the bishop. This is flagrantly false. The exact words of his lie: “Having resigned from the vestry, you were no longer eligible to serve as a trustee.” To which I replied, “Why, then, are none of your current trustees vestry members?” The fact that Bob can look his own bishop in the eye and lie is appalling.

Second, his inconsistencies:

* Where’s the penitent in all of this? Just because a priest is in the room doesn’t mean something is confidential. Sorry to spring it on you, Chiow.
* Bob says that the voice of my blog and Mom’s blog is similar, yet he claims in hers that it’s shifted to being angry. So which is it?
* Bob says he doesn’t think I’d abide by any agreement, yet he just offered to settle. Huh? (BTW, in my entire legal career, I have yet to hear of a settlement agreement involving a protective order. You’ve either been threatened, or you haven’t. It’s binary.)
* Bob uses the word “terror” repeatedly on the church blog, as well as the phrase “white supremacist.” If mere use of a word is a threat, Bob is seriously threatening, as is the church, and is a white supremacist to boot. But then, given his efforts to shut down First Amendment rights, I wouldn’t be surprised.
Bob claims that clergy disciplinary proceedings are confidential, yet he disclosed to Jeff Aaron and Jeff Chiow, as well as church staff. How does that work?

Needless to say, Dysfunctional Bob’s not only not a real priest; he’s got some other issues as well.
Attachments:
54091919-2924-4921-B708-5ABB0EA9AC5D.jpeg
BF070B4A-3A23-493D-A5A1-E01DD05C80C3.png
7F53E7D8-A5E6-48B8-82BC-4590E42EB759.jpeg
CB041736-24A5-4C52-89AB-BA3216FF4B70.png
4F37D38C-A99E-4401-904B-88563744DCFF.jpeg
DC095A68-59EB-435F-8D4B-DB97A40D14B6.jpeg
8B1A8CCF-7745-473C-9A6B-B8A2EEBD94D5.jpeg
CFC40DA7-EDFB-4BC1-B93D-F0C288BAA8F4.jpeg
5853BA90-11C4-4E74-99A9-A3F3C629DFC7.jpeg
53D057FC-8946-432F-81D4-9FE4D209A0E9.jpeg
4D6B2EEA-8E0D-4880-9099-EDBAD4C13250.png
F9BBBD7F-E93B-4EE1-93E4-7FFF1A21CD65.jpeg
38420366-9410-47DD-A461-459A75282024.jpeg
0BC71D9C-4C6D-44FE-8003-8A5C0EE9940A.png

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.