HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Alexandria :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Philip Baroody
Posted by: Tom Masters ()
Date: January 09, 2016 11:03AM

I am a lawyer and like the rest of us work very hard for met money. A few months ago my girlfriend asked me to donate to he son's former Ty Kwon Do teacher's Go Fund Me account. I was happy to donate and did so annonomusly. He had explained he was battling vasculistis and the medical bills had taken a toll on him. I was appauled to learn that what he was battling was actually an heroin addictition and the facility he ended up at in Florida was a drug treatment center. I plan on filing a wire fraud case and felt everyone else that donated to this bogus heroin fund should have the option to do so as well. I also felt parents would like to know that he was high on heroin while teaching their children. I would have attached a file but Mr.Baroody included his young son in the picture and I think being exploited by your father is bad enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Philip Baroody
Posted by: Katherine ()
Date: January 10, 2016 12:02AM

Master Baroody from AllStar Martial Arts on Duke? I'm disgusted but not surprised.

Posted by: MaryBW ()
Date: October 10, 2016 07:24PM

My child used to go to All Star Martial Arts and I was just searching online for any updates about Baroody. Surprised to read this! How did the poster learn of the information and how certain are you of accuracy? I wonder if it's possible Baroody was on strong pain meds for his condition and got addicted to those. Either way, I do wish him well. Addiction can happen to anyone (if indeed he has been battling that).

Posted by: OldStudentsParent ()
Date: October 30, 2016 01:36PM

Probably what MaryBW suggests. The disease he had is very very painful so I wouldn't be surprised he took opioids under doctor supervision. My son was instructed by Master Baroody and I never found him to be intoxicated in the least. He was a good teacher. I saw him briefly over the summer playing tag with his son and he seemed healthy and happy.

Posted by: Gina ()
Date: April 02, 2017 01:35PM

Master Baroody was an amazing instructor and the kids loved him. He taught them discipline, heart, respect and citizenship with warmth, firmness and fun. Addiction, especially to prescription pain Meg's can happen to anyone, it's why as a country we're in the middle of an epidemic. Regardless of his challenges, he's a good man and excellent with kids.

Posted by: Another parent ()
Date: April 19, 2017 11:13PM

I happened to come here while trying to find out about Master Baroody. I agree with all the parents that posted considerate messages about him as I saw him as a kind soul. He was trying hard to raise his kid alone as much as I know and struggling to run his business with fluctuating number of kids attending. I'm appalled to learn about the accusations. I've never seen him being 'under the influence' kind of situation but upbeat and towards the end sometimes obviously tired. He still managed to transfer/sell his business in a way to grand his contractual obligations though I'm sure there were other ways.

Mr. Masters: do you have any evidence that you could share with us as to his going to a rehab program for specifically heroine addiction instead of his vasculitis treatment or teaching kids when under such influence? Because they'd help more than his picture with his kid posted on gofundme. I donated some $100 and I'm sure whoever did knows that picture. I'd very much like to get convinced about the facts of the case before making a judgement though I personally don't feel compelled to do one. Otherwise, especially if hearsay, I will see thsee accusations just unjust and unkind; it could be a double stunner on him, one by life and one sadly by us.

Posted by: Mr. Concerned ()
Date: May 05, 2017 10:21PM

I have personally known Master Phillip Baroody for 25 years. He is a very well respected martial artist. I have known him to always look on the positive side of every thing that has come his way. I do know that he has had some major issues personally that have caused him great physicals I never think of abusing their trust. All I can say is when you are faced with a serious physical illness that causes great pain your only entitled a few options. I sincerely hope this had not caused any sill rumors leading to Master Baroodys dimise.

Posted by: Mr Concerned ()
Date: May 05, 2017 10:27PM

I got cut off as I am not sure how to use this site. I just wanted to post my thoughts of Master Baroody. He is a stand up martial artist trusted by many. The Master Baroody I know would never take anyone's trust for granted. Please keep an open mind.

Posted by: EO ()
Date: June 23, 2017 03:57PM

I was one of the few Adults at the school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I made contact with Phil by using an old email address on file (personal not the studio) and he replied yesterday. He said he is better with a few aches and pains but is busy raising his son. He stated that I shouldn't believe any lawyer that misspells that much and posts his intentions on a bully website like fairfaxunderground and nothing ever came of this. He said it seemed like a rival school posted it to harm him but he is fine and teaches in Fairfax sometimes when available. I wish he would go back although the name has changed. We tried to keep going but lost momentum.
- EO

Posted by: Best friend ()
Date: September 27, 2017 08:15PM

Yes....you can ask him...he doea not deny being on heroin and if you look at his istagram there is a a picture of a stripper wearing a shirt he gave her that says heroin sucks. He doeant deny it and ita all true.

Date: September 27, 2017 08:22PM

Im Kristins best friend...he lost his school becuae he was a junkie. Your kids were taught by an active addict...i wouldn't want to believe I was that blind either. And sorry...the strippers shirt says i hate heroin and kristin did watch him take the go fu d me money to spend on dope. Sorry.

Posted by: NT ()
Date: September 27, 2017 08:25PM

This is all true...the man is a narcissistic sociopath...thank you for posting this.

Date: September 27, 2017 08:53PM

Please check back tomorrow for proof of heroin addiction...hard to belive but its true and thia sick man and his mothers money are hurting an amazing mother and very strong woman.

Posted by: Ed Baroody Sr/ ()
Date: October 30, 2017 12:15PM

Sir No one knows Philip Baroody better than me and also all the over 200 plus students he traiones and many championships he and his team have won. You are so wrong as many can attest. to. You have a right to express your opinion although it is misguided.

Posted by: Ed BaroodySr ()
Date: October 30, 2017 12:33PM

AGAIN FAKE NEWS. WHERE DO THE IDIOTS COME FROM. AS THE BIBLE TEACHES HE WHO IS WITHOOT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE. pHILIP HAS BEEN CLEAN FOR OVER 10 YRS OR MORE AND DUE TO HIS ILLNESS AND PAIN DOCTORS HE WAS ON H FOR ONLY 1 MONTH AS THE MOST SO STOP LYING ABOUT HIM

Stop Bullying
Posted by: PACERCTR ()
Date: May 10, 2018 09:53AM

Posted by: KaratePhill ()
Date: October 21, 2019 10:07AM

Her Best friend knows a lot about the family. I don’t think they have ever met. Which best friend is it now? They come and go. Always the same result.
This post from years ago still pops up and I refuse to pay a reputation company 5,000 to remove it or hide it. If you’ve kept up with the drama you know the truth by now.
I had chemotherapy, cytoxan infusions 3 times...then Imuran infusions every six months - fried the nerves in my body head to toe.
Doctors gave me everything in the book to help me..ended up hurting me. I felt like I was living in a fireplace all day long. I can blame the doctors that prescribed me Fentanyl and Oxycodone, and Percocet all at once..right there on Duke st but it was my mouth that took the medicine. Got that straightened out.
So add online bullying to it. At age 45? Chemo+getting off medicine+ raising a son alone was hard.

How do I raise my son by myself? Especially if these bad things are true? Maybe it’s not true.

Blessings to everyone reading this I miss teaching in Alexandria. I loved our studio.
My son is old enough to google me now. So this pops up.
We are living good. Same place. He’s 9! It took him 5 years but he got his gold belt. )
The other side of this post is the sad one - that if someone is mad at you they can just post just about anything and apparently it stays up. Hubbard style.
So the reputation companies make money. That’s why Fairfax underground is necessary to the system.
So comment, blast, make fun of call me whatever you want true or false..I’m a guy raising his son. I take him to school, I pick him up. We go to the park, plays with his friends, guitar lessons, karate, tutoring, doctors - he’s my right arm.

Few of the cast of the last seasons gang seems to have awakened and jumped ship even moved - good timing. Except the one who’s madly in love. There’s a secret compartment hidden with four more at all times depending on their need.
Court is sad and it’s coming again soon.
A new set of cast members always appear or some posters re-appear and it resets all over again. Like a glitch in the matrix. It’s not just on this site look at any social media. - I’ve lived through all the arrows and bullets. Villianized. Don’t know who Derek is or glory days.
We have started a non-profit to help kids who are terminal or have a chronic illness participate in the arts. I’m not hard to find.
If your bullied or talked about in a negative light..the real truth comes to light. Especially when the bully tries to become the victim. Just keep going. Let the snakes talk. Sooner or later they zap the energy field (and your money) of the ones around them. Remember - You are eternal. I have all the info - But you know the deal.. There’s a time to use it. Not on here. Which is why I have one of the two 24/7 the other is far away.
Have at it behind the keyboard or don’t. The last time the Great Grand Master was there At the school he signed the autographs - Truth Beauty and Love.
Contact me. I’d love to hear from my old students and friends.

Posted by: Grace Episcopal ()
Date: October 21, 2019 06:16PM

Another reason to avoid Grace Episcopal—it holds Baroody camps in the summer!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.