HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cool unknown places?
Posted by: doesntmatterok ()
Date: August 24, 2012 01:30PM

I'm a teen. Fairfax is incredibly boring. So, anyone know any different places/things to do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cool unknown places?
Posted by: unknown coolness ()
Date: August 24, 2012 01:35PM

If the place is unknown, how do you know it is cool? Or, if it was cool, how could it be unkown?

Posted by: _-_-_-_-_-_-_ ()
Date: August 24, 2012 01:55PM

Geez. Just hop on Metro and go into the city.

Posted by: Shhhhhh ()
Date: August 24, 2012 02:02PM

We could tell you but then we'd have to kill you.

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: August 26, 2012 10:42AM

That's funny. I always assumed Fairfax had plenty of playgrounds for you teens.

Posted by: Teenager today, leader tomorrow ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:34AM

0tter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's funny. I always assumed Fairfax had plenty
> of playgrounds for you teens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isn't this forum one?

Posted by: gunnar deed ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:55AM

From Out of COntrol: An Informal History of the Fairfax County Police

ARRESTED FOR DRINKING IN A BAR
In December of 2003, the Fairfax County Police went undercover in 20 local bars to arrest people whom they felt were drinking too much. They raided bars in Herndon and Reston on five nights and arrested nine people for public drunkenness. Seven of the nine challenged their arrests.
Daniel Crowley was arrested in a bar in Reston on karaoke night just before Christmas. His crime was drinking six beers. A female undercover cop actually sat near him and counted the drinks.
"I didn't know what was going on," Crowley testified in Fairfax County General District Court. “I'd paid my tab, and I was ready to go home.”
Crowley was convicted of being publicly intoxicated and ordered him to perform 25 hours of community service.
Then he was arrested.
"I'm not happy with the way they can walk into a restaurant and do as they please," Crowley said of police. "I don't want to go to places in an atmosphere where you don't know who is who."
Patrons and bar owners alike said that those who were arrested were drinking responsibly and causing no commotion. Crowley and his drinking companions disputed police testimony that the cops saw Crowley, though the darkened bar, spilling beer in his lap, slurring his speech and having trouble staying upright on his seat.
Under cross-examination from Crowley's attorney, police acknowledged that neither they nor bar patrons had complained that Crowley was acting unruly or meddlesome. They also testified that he did not disobey their orders, even though he declined to submit to a breathalyzer test.
Pat Habib, the designated driver in her dinner party drank one alcoholic drink and then had two sodas. After she finished the second soda, undercover police yanked her outside for a sobriety test. The cops said that they had received a complaint about an unruly blonde woman matching her description. Then she watched as police tested other women looking nothing like her.
Instead of explaining why they were acting like Nazis, the cops actually defended their actions by saying the people they arrested deserved to be arrested. "They drew attention to themselves by their actions,” said their spokesperson.
"It does smack of a pending police state if law enforcement is going into establishments to monitor behavior,” said Lynne Breaux, executive director of the Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Association.
At Champs, a bar in Reston, general manager Kevin O'Hare described police as "antagonistic”. He said they "pulled" people from their chairs who were making no commotion. "They're always welcome to come in anytime," he said of police. "It's not an issue when they talk to our guests. But when they actually pull people out of their seats, it is an issue. When it's borderline harassment, it's an issue."
The Board of Supervisors actually took a stand on this one, on the side of the cops.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.