HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Open Letter to Ted Lerner, Owner Wahington Nationals RE: Getting Home From the Stadium
Posted by: Former Nats Fan ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:18PM

Dear Ted,
Last night, I took my teenage son to see the Nats play the Braves. We parked at Vienna Metro and rode the train in. What an exciting game, eh Ted? 13 innings! And the Nats get another curly W! But, you know who DIDN'T get a curly W, Ted? You, Ted.

Imagine sitting through a 2 hour rain delay but staying for the game because you know...that's what REAL baseball fans in DC do...getting the win and knowing it's 1am and I have to be in the office in 7 hours and I'm 2 hours from home. But we got that fucking curly W, didn't we Ted? We...got it.

And then we walk down to Metro and the station is closed! Closed, Ted! How the fuck am I supposed to get home, Ted? How? I mean...Leonsis keeps the Metro open, Ted when Caps games run late. Why don't you? And where's the fucking announcement in the stadium to TELL US that the station will be closing at regular time Ted? Oh right...there wasn't one. Because if you announced Metro was closing at regular time then you'd miss out on another million dollars in beer and hotdog sales.

So, you know how I got home Ted? I took a cab, Ted. To Vienna Metro, Ted. It cost me $50! Fifty fucking dollars, fucktard! And then to top it all off? I couldn't get my car out of the Metro parking lot, Ted. Because as you know...Metro was closed. So, I had to hop back in the cab, Ted. And that was ANOTHER $20 to get me home. It was 2:58AM, Ted. I did not have my car, Ted.

But wait...there's more, Ted. I had to take a cab BACK to Metro again to get my car in the morning so...that's another $20. I want my $90, Ted. And I want you to pay to keep the Metro system open on nights that the games run late, Ted. Or at the very least...ANNOUNCE in the stadium a reminder message about Metro's closure so fans can make an informed decision, Ted. Or stop telling the fans how fucking convenient Metro is to get to and from the games. And fuck you...you old fuck!

Signed,
Former Nats Fan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open Letter to Ted Lerner, Owner Wahington Nationals RE: Getting Home From the Stadium
Posted by: Hmm ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:36PM

Sounds to me like you are a grown-up, capable of making grown-up decisions and finding out information. After all, you did bring a child into this world. As a grown-up, it is your responsibility to find out about your transportation home. Also, just because a game runs late or into extra innings alcohol sales are still cut off after the bottom of the 7th inning, there isn't a provision that allows alcohol to be sold after the 7th inning inside the ball park. Unless you are seated in a small section of the stadium.

A $90 lesson is one that you needed to learn and one that your son has learned at a young age. Now please don't make the same mistake again.

Re: Open Letter to Ted Lerner, Owner Wahington Nationals RE: Getting Home From the Stadium
Posted by: Ted ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:47PM

Sounds like your beef is with Metro, a sad excuse for a transit system in a supposedly "world class" city. Bet you can grab a train leaving Yankee Stadium at 1AM.

Posted by: You are an idiot ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:51PM

Hey moron

During the game the nats announcer told people that metro hours would be ending and let them know they needed to leave to catch the last trains. Perhaps you should take on personal accountability instead of blaming a guy who brought baseball back to us and is putting a winning team out there and a much better experience at the stadium than any other team in town.

Fuckin tool

You made the decision to stay, deal with it. Oh wah wah wah life is tough.

Posted by: Siege ()
Date: August 21, 2012 05:58PM

I hate when people do this "open letter" bullshit like it means anything or that the person would actually read it. If you had the balls you'd send it to him.

It's not his fault the Metro was closed. He doesn't own the metro.

Stop whining.

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: August 21, 2012 06:09PM

I had a close friend who went to the game from Vienna Metro and he heard the announcement and he left to catch the last train home. No fault but your own.

Our Metro is one of the cleanest and best in the country. It was reported that the last time the Nats paid (by the hour to Metro) to keep it open the number that rode Metro that night was under 200. Not worth the investment. If you have ever taken the New York subway system you know that truely is a piece of crap so don't even try to compare. Must be a damn Yankee fan.

Posted by: replay ()
Date: August 21, 2012 06:31PM

You are an idiot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey moron
>
> During the game the nats announcer told people
> that metro hours would be ending and let them know
> they needed to leave to catch the last trains.

It was on the big screen too, if you missed the train you are an idiot, sorry "former nats fan" bred.

Posted by: Research ()
Date: August 21, 2012 06:34PM

http://www.wmata.com/rail/station_detail.cfm?station_id=84

Site for the Navy Yard station. Scroll to the bottom and it has the last train listed. Took me about 30 seconds to find.

Know before you go.

Date: August 21, 2012 06:42PM

@Hmm: I did find out about my transportation. I found out that Ted Lerner does not value his customers enough to pay to keep the Metro open the way other owners do. Ted Leonsis values his customers. Ted Lerner does not. Beer sales are indeed cut at the 7th inning. You are correct. I was incorrect. What difference does it make to you whether I make the same mistake again? Go fuck yourself. #HmmIsATroll

@Ted: Nope, my beef is with Ted Lerner. It's been established in this city that it's the team's responsibility to pay to keep the system open. And yes, the NYC system is open 24 hours so, there are always trains after the games. But, the trains are shitholes because they are never taken out of service to be properly cleaned. But, it's NYC...#CessPoolCity

@YouAreAnIdiot: Announcement? What annoucement? If I HEARD the announcement and I KNEW I had taken Metro why the fuck would I CHOOSE to stay and then be pissed off about spending $90?!?!?! What announcement? #DWIDrinkingWhileInterwebz-ing

@Siege: Oh, I'm mailing it in there, Ace McKeyboard...don't you worry yourself. It is Ted's fault, team owners are morally responsible (or should be)for keeping the system open beyond regular hours. Again see Leonsis comma Ted or stop telling us how fucking convenient Metro is to get to and from the stadium. How is an additional $90, convenient? #CluelessPoster

@BigK: What announcement? When? Was that the announcement that was made so late no one could get to the train on time? That announcement? Running a sports team is not about looking at one game's worth of financial performance. Does $200K (and I dispute that figure until you post a link) make sense on one night's receipts? No. Against the entire season where it may only happen 4 or 5 times? Yes. The Nats had 21,298 at the yard last night; not a sell-out. The phone booth in Slopetown seats 19,000 for hockey when sold out. Leonsis makes that $200K expense work but T-Lern can't? The Nats operate a tight ship to be sure, but last time I looked Ted wasn't living in Anacostia. #AnFUPosterWhoNormallyPostsQualityContentButShitTheBedOnThisOne

Date: August 21, 2012 06:45PM

@Replay: Yep, because I'm in my seat and can see the screen EVERY SECOND I'm in the ballpark...#Capt.Obvious

@Research: Great...too bad you weren't sitting next to me so I can use your smartfone. #90'sBrickFonesRULE

Date: August 21, 2012 06:51PM

I wan't at the game so I don't know when, but one of my best friends was and he left after the announcement and made it in plenty of time. Yes, he missed the end of the game, but that is the chance you take when you rode Metro.

And I didn't say $200k. What the Nats reported is that less then 200 riders on metro after the late game. Not worth the cost per hour to continue running.

You are the one that decided to take Metro and if you have followed the team over the years they rarely run the Metro late unless the game is close to ending at the normal closing time.

If the owner of the Caps wants to pay that is his choice. It is a business so I can't blame the team for not wanting to pay to keep it open late.

Posted by: Holy Fuckin Shit ()
Date: August 21, 2012 07:04PM

Hashtags?!?! You think this is fucking twitter, you fucking retard?

Date: August 21, 2012 07:08PM

@BigK: 200 fans got it. My apologies. Why would I follow this team over the years? They've done nothing. This was my 3rd game at the stadium and my first night game. #T-LernIsNotCustomerFocused

Date: August 21, 2012 07:10PM

@HolyFuckinShit: #ObviousTrollIsObvious

Posted by: Umm.. ()
Date: August 21, 2012 07:12PM

Guys, what's with the "you deserved what you got" crap? This is supposed to be a MAJOR METROPOLITAN AREA. REAL cities manage this kind of stuff, as part of crowd control, and just general daily urban management.

Shame on DC, Metro, and the Nats. As much as I love the beauty of this city, it can't do s**t to manage itself.

Date: August 21, 2012 07:14PM

Former Nats Fan Wrote:
> @BigK: 200 fans got it. My apologies. Why would I
> follow this team over the years? They've done
> nothing. This was my 3rd game at the stadium and
> my first night game. #T-LernIsNotCustomerFocused

Then you were never really a Nats fan to begin with. Fair weather fans are not real Nats fans.

Posted by: Ricoooo ()
Date: August 21, 2012 07:28PM

@Former Nats Fan: Oh hey look, another asshole is complaining on the internet again.. #jackass

Posted by: Fairfax MOFO ()
Date: August 21, 2012 07:29PM

Hey dipshit! Park at the stadium for $20 and drive home faster than the Metro.

Date: August 21, 2012 07:34PM

The self entitlement of people in this area is remarkable. Do you blame Lerner is they don't have soft enough toilet paper for your tender ass in the public restrooms?

Nice to know you've only been following the team for a few months now. Its even better to know you won't be doing that anymore.

Posted by: beer guy ()
Date: August 21, 2012 07:39PM

If you've EVER been to a baseball game before they stop selling beer in the 8th inning. Don't get all righteous and blame him for penny pinching. That's an MLB rule not Ted's. Capitals games NEVER run past the closing of the Metro. They have a 5 minute overtime followed by a shootout. There is pretty much a set time the games could possibly end (excluding playoffs). Why don't you be a responsible adult and make sure you and your teenager aren't wandering around southeast at night because you missed the metro.

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: August 21, 2012 07:40PM

If I were Ted Lerner I would be happy to no longer have you for a fan.

Posted by: ROCKO MEATS ()
Date: August 21, 2012 08:51PM

Metro does really SUCK World class City my ASS!!!

Posted by: P Collins ()
Date: August 21, 2012 08:59PM

Im surprised I didnt see this story under breaking news on Channel 4. Some other favorites are personal gripes like treehouses in front yards and carpet cleaning jobs gone bad. this one would fit right in...

Posted by: Lerner Sucks ()
Date: August 21, 2012 09:00PM

The Lerner family sucks.

And the Lerners did not bring MLB to DC dumbass, MLB brought the Expos to DC and then sold the team to the Lerners despite a better bid from a group that was more focused on baseball. All the Lerners wanted was ownership stake in the anchor tenet for redevelopment in SE DC.

The Lerners have never been about putting a quality product in the field or the fans. They have been about making easy money off of the sweetheart deal MLB strong armed the DC government.

According to WTOP it costs 20k to keep metro open.

And for a team in a penant hunt, only 22k fans last night? Pathetic!

Date: August 21, 2012 09:07PM

Lerner Sucks Wrote:
> The Lerners have never been about putting a
> quality product in the field or the fans. >
>
> And for a team in a penant hunt, only 22k fans
> last night? Pathetic!

Considering the fact that the Nats have the best record in all of baseball the first statement is bullshit.

On a rainy Monday night 22k was a good crowd.

The fact that you even state that they are in the pennant hunt alone shows your first statement is crap.

Posted by: shocker ()
Date: August 21, 2012 09:38PM

Should have move the team to virginia instead of fucking dc. common sense never works in this area.

Date: August 21, 2012 09:56PM

@BigK:

Um yeah, so after 8.75 years the Lerner's record is what 568 wins and 686 losses? A whopping winning percentage of .45 and not a single winning season. 2004 was the best at 81-81.

22k is pathetic for August regardless of rain.

You must be a fairweather fan BigK because you were not there last night in the rain.

Date: August 21, 2012 10:04PM

I do go to games often and if I am not there I watch every game on TV. So I am far from a fair weather fan. I stayed awake to the end of the 13 inning game last night and didn't miss a pitch.

When the Nats came here they were in bad shape. It takes years to develop and acquire a winning team. If you were a REAL baseball fan you would understand that.

I am amazed at all the negative people on this shitty forum. At times it is hard it ignore the idiots here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2012 10:06PM by BigK.

Posted by: Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah Honey boo boo WAH! ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:06PM

Considering they came from the historically worst team in the history of baseball, the expos, who averaged 30 games a season for the first 4, its pretty god damn impressive.

You sir are a fucking tool moron. Go!!!! LEAVE. We dont even want you as a virginian, let alone a nats fan. Fuck off you douche.

You are the kind of person that ruins this area for the rest of us. Wanna know why this area sucks, look in the mirror you self righteous world revolving tool. Go jump off a bridge. No one wants your kind here. Appreciate what you have fucking ass hole. Go live in St Louis, or Tampa Bay and fucking come back here and tell me this area sucks as bad as those. Oh waaaaaah the metro which covers the 3rd largest area in the country doesnt work at the exact random moment of the night that I want it too.

You are probably the same person who complains that metro requires public funds for its operations. Either you pay more for the fare, the times of night it works are less, or your shut the fuck up! Those are your options idiot, money doesnt grow on fucking trees. When only 200 people ride a train, its called a net loss for the system and seeing as the region keeps having to pay subsidies to the metro and people keep complaining when the fare goes up a whole fucking dime, its the only option they have. To that point I say GOOOD its your fucking fault for living so far out that you had to spend 90 bucks on a cab. Learn to live closer douche.

Either way, I dont care, just burn in hell already

Posted by: Oh look ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:08PM

Another self important cunt who thinks he's entitled. Fuck off you faggot. #Sonyourdaddyisafuckingqueer #LacksWittyComebacks

Posted by: a non moron ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:33PM

You do realize this isn't twitter, right?

Posted by: To The OP ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:39PM

Adults don't assume some billionaire is going to hold the train for them. Grow the fuck up so your kid doesn't grow up just like you...a fucking child

Posted by: to the op ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:40PM

Former Nats Fan Wrote:
> Dear Ted,
> Last night, I took my teenage son to see the
> Nats play the Braves. We parked at Vienna Metro
> and rode the train in. What an exciting game, eh
> Ted? 13 innings! And the Nats get another curly W!
> But, you know who DIDN'T get a curly W, Ted? You,
> Ted.
>
> Imagine sitting through a 2 hour rain delay
> but staying for the game because you know...that's
> what REAL baseball fans in DC do...getting the win
> and knowing it's 1am and I have to be in the
> office in 7 hours and I'm 2 hours from home. But
> we got that fucking curly W, didn't we Ted?
> We...got it.
>
> And then we walk down to Metro and the
> station is closed! Closed, Ted! How the fuck am I
> supposed to get home, Ted? How? I mean...Leonsis
> keeps the Metro open, Ted when Caps games run
> late. Why don't you? And where's the fucking
> announcement in the stadium to TELL US that the
> station will be closing at regular time Ted? Oh
> right...there wasn't one. Because if you announced
> Metro was closing at regular time then you'd miss
> out on another million dollars in beer and hotdog
> sales.
>
> So, you know how I got home Ted? I took a
> cab, Ted. To Vienna Metro, Ted. It cost me $50!
> Fifty fucking dollars, fucktard! And then to top
> it all off? I couldn't get my car out of the Metro
> parking lot, Ted. Because as you know...Metro was
> closed. So, I had to hop back in the cab, Ted. And
> that was ANOTHER $20 to get me home. It was
> 2:58AM, Ted. I did not have my car, Ted.
>
> But wait...there's more, Ted. I had to take a
> cab BACK to Metro again to get my car in the
> morning so...that's another $20. I want my $90,
> Ted. And I want you to pay to keep the Metro
> system open on nights that the games run late,
> Ted. Or at the very least...ANNOUNCE in the
> stadium a reminder message about Metro's closure
> so fans can make an informed decision, Ted. Or
> stop telling the fans how fucking convenient Metro
> is to get to and from the games. And fuck
> you...you old fuck!
>
> Signed,
> Former Nats Fan

Be happy, Free parking

Posted by: danny the runt ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:40PM

Nats beat Braves again. I can live with a little distraction on Metro in exchange for finally having a winning team in DC. It will comfort me through the redskins 3-13 upcoming season.

Posted by: Sherlock ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:41PM

a non moron Wrote:
> You do realize this isn't twitter, right?

#noshit

Posted by: Clinton Portis ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:42PM

danny the runt Wrote:
> Nats beat Braves again. I can live with a little
> distraction on Metro in exchange for finally
> having a winning team in DC. It will comfort me
> through the redskins 3-13 upcoming season.

At least you can remind the fans of all those great seasons I had with the Skins...going on IR in the pre-season. Running two yards and falling down without being touched. Good times. Good times.

Date: August 21, 2012 10:42PM

I refuse to even pay any attention to the Skins until baseball season is over. Pre-season is a waste of time anyways. The Nats are for real this year. The best record in baseball.....period.

Posted by: Your Son's Mommy ()
Date: August 21, 2012 10:49PM

A year from now, will your son remember...

The excitement of a 13-inning game where the home team won, followed by a unique ride home in a taxi?

OR

The ranting you did in front of him all the way home?

Is it any wonder that you are divorced or soon will be?

Posted by: Mikeymike ()
Date: August 21, 2012 11:01PM

Wtf else is there to do during a boring ass baseball game except listen to the fucking announcements and read the fucking signs?

Posted by: Tedlaughsatu ()
Date: August 21, 2012 11:02PM

Former Nats Fan, Ted will never see your rant because he never reads this site. That's what you get for relying on other people to get you around. I drive to sporting events. I am not a fucking idiot like you.

Plus you are a fucking baby, coming to cry like a little bitch on FU.

Drive YOURSELF fucktard.

Date: August 21, 2012 11:45PM

OMG the Nats won! Just need to gain another 117 games to bring the franchise to .500!

Posted by: i agree ()
Date: August 22, 2012 01:01AM

I agree that it is a little ridiculous to blame the owner about the metro being closed. You have to blame the Metro authorities. I have never seen a more disfunctional metro system in my life. I went to the game tonight and it felt like I spent more time on the metro than at the actual stadium. Getting home from the games is absolutely ridiculous. They hold up all the trains to cram as many people onto trains as possible (instead of just running a constant cycle of trains to keep the flow going) then on top of that they have delays all over the fucking place due to rail construction or maintenance. Northern Virginia has turned into a shithole due to the traffic and constant construction so you would think that the metro would be a faster way to commute. Unfortunately it is equally as bad on the metro. The DC, MD, and VA area is one big mess that will never be completely fixed. There is just too many people living here and this area will never be able to support that big of a population. Everyone has to just learn how to deal with it.

If you are going to a nats game you just have to accept the fact that no matter how you commute to the game, whether it is on the metro or driving, you are going to deal with traffic and congestion, its just a matter of deciding if you want to pay an extra 50 bucks for parking or take the metro for cheap.

Posted by: NATs in the World Series ()
Date: August 22, 2012 01:17AM

I went to the NAT's game tonight and used the Vienna metro. Before the game I tried to find an easy answer to the question of when does the "last train from the Navy Yard leave for the Vienna metro?"

God, you would think I was trying to land the Curiosity Rover on Mars.

I overheard a man asking the question at the Navy Yard station so I asked him. He said the same thing you said, "They say they will announce it but last night I didn't hear any announcement. I missed the last train."

As for beer sales? Don't they stop serving beer in the 7th inning of MLB ballparks?

With the number of increasing Nationals fans using the metro, I'd give the Nationals a D for communication between the two.

Posted by: Series this Year ()
Date: August 22, 2012 01:18AM

As for the Nationals baseball team... Can you say playoffs this year? Even more... World Series Baby!

Posted by: metro ()
Date: August 22, 2012 07:40AM

The announcement was clearly made on the scoreboard. How long have you lived in the area? You dont know when metro closes or how to use the interent to find out? Maybe you should just stay home

Posted by: metro ()
Date: August 22, 2012 07:41AM

I will agree that the people who work in the metro station are about as useful/knowlegable as talking to the wall

Posted by: Metro sucks ()
Date: August 22, 2012 08:09AM

Don't blame Ted, blame Metro.

Do you know the amount of money the baseball team brings to the Metro and they can't stay open? That's BS.

I love how the OP is a "REAL" fan, but it's their 3rd game in 7 years. Drive to the damn game, there is a $5 lot 6 blocks away you lazy bitch.

Posted by: Dr. Gridlock Explains ()
Date: August 22, 2012 09:11AM

This topic has been covered by The Washington Post in the past and there was an explanation in yesterday's paper:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dr-gridlock/post/baseball-fans-stranded-after-nats-game-runs-late-and-metro-closes/2012/08/21/949229a0-ebb3-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_blog.html#pagebreak

"It costs Metro $29,500 for each hour it stays open late or each hour it is open early. This isn’t just about keeping the Navy Yard station open, because a fan could be going to any of the 85 other stops within the system. As a result, all stations must remain open and staffed, while all trains have to run in both directions on all five lines."

"A portion of this $29,500 deposit is refunded to the event organizer, though this is based on how many riders enter the system during the extra hour. Metro calculates the number of riders during the extra hour of service and refunds some of that money to the organizers. The key thing here is that event organizers have to make these plans in advance. The agreement has to be signed and a deposit has to be paid before the event."

As noted earlier, a regular season Capitals game will always finish before Metro closes even with the 5-minute overtime and shootout and the Capitals do maintain a deposit with Metro for post-season games like the triple OT versus the Rangers.

I rarely use Metro and never at night. Parking at Nationals Park is easy and cheap - lots near the Navy Yard are $15-20 - and it is an easy and safe walk given the number of people in the area after a game.

Posted by: Metro suuuucks ()
Date: August 22, 2012 09:47AM

Why the fuck would you take Metro? Do the math. Metro is so overpriced that is about the same price for two or more people to drive into the city and pay to park for a Nats game.

Posted by: C'est Whaaaaattttt? ()
Date: August 22, 2012 09:54AM

I took MY TEENAGE SON to that Monday night game, and we parked at Vienna Metro and took Metro down. While I was in the bathroom after the 8th inning, MY TEENAGE SON saw the announcement on the big screen and heard the same. When I returned to my seat, I noticed a growing exodus of fans headed to Metro. MY TEENAGE SON told me that we needed to leave to catch the last train. We left, got on Metro, rode to Vienna, and when we got home, we saw the 13th inning on TV.

I was not happy that we had to leave before the 9th inning, but only a complete tool would have failed to see or hear the announcement, not to mention failing to wonder and figure out why roughly half of the fans at the game were leaving all at once as the 9th inning of a tie game was starting...

Posted by: losers! ()
Date: August 22, 2012 10:39AM

i agree Wrote:
> I agree that it is a little ridiculous to blame
> the owner about the metro being closed. You have
> to blame the Metro authorities.

Blame for what? For not being open when they say they won't be open? The responsibility for getting your ass home is.....yours. If you can't afford the $90 you incurred for staying late, perhaps you shouldn't have left home to begin with.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 22, 2012 12:00PM

The tl;dr version of the complaint is:

"I am no longer a Nationals fan because I disregarded signs and didn't make sure I knew how to get home from a game following a highly-unusual rain delay. Strasburg and Zimmerman and Harper can all suck me for what they did to me and I am no longer a fan of their team."

Posted by: Tards shut up ()
Date: August 22, 2012 01:43PM

Lerner Sucks Wrote:
> OMG the Nats won! Just need to gain another 117
> games to bring the franchise to .500!

Who the fuck cares if the nats are over 500 as a franchise. The rays sucked 95% of the time and yet got 2 world series. All that matters is championships you fuckin tard.

Date: August 22, 2012 01:48PM

Tards shut up Wrote:
> Lerner Sucks Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OMG the Nats won! Just need to gain another
> 117
> > games to bring the franchise to .500!
>
>
> Who the fuck cares if the nats are over 500 as a
> franchise. The rays sucked 95% of the time and yet
> got 2 world series. All that matters is
> championships you fuckin tard.

Well stated.

Posted by: Yankees Suck! ()
Date: August 22, 2012 03:19PM

Tards shut up Wrote:
> Lerner Sucks Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OMG the Nats won! Just need to gain another
> 117
> > games to bring the franchise to .500!
>
>
> Who the fuck cares if the nats are over 500 as a
> franchise. The rays sucked 95% of the time and yet
> got 2 world series. All that matters is
> championships you fuckin tard.

That was the Marlins you fucking tard!

Posted by: Agree ()
Date: August 24, 2012 09:22PM

agree that the Nats need to pay to keep Metro open for their fans..............not Metro's responsibility

Date: August 25, 2012 09:58PM

Hey Tard - maybe you should stick to things you understand - such as the fine taste of shit. You and BigK are so full of shit that it must be all that you guys eat.

Rays and two world series championships, ha! Such knowledgable baseball fans you two are.

Talking World Series and the Nats can't even beat the Phillies! Phuck the Nats and Phuck Ted Lerner.

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: August 26, 2012 10:56AM

Former Nats Fan Wrote:
> Dear Ted,
> Last night, I took my teenage son to see the
> Nats play the Braves. We parked at Vienna Metro
> and rode the train in. What an exciting game, eh
> Ted? 13 innings! And the Nats get another curly W!
> But, you know who DIDN'T get a curly W, Ted? You,
> Ted.
>
> Imagine sitting through a 2 hour rain delay
> but staying for the game because you know...that's
> what REAL baseball fans in DC do...getting the win
> and knowing it's 1am and I have to be in the
> office in 7 hours and I'm 2 hours from home. But
> we got that fucking curly W, didn't we Ted?
> We...got it.
>
> And then we walk down to Metro and the
> station is closed! Closed, Ted! How the fuck am I
> supposed to get home, Ted? How? I mean...Leonsis
> keeps the Metro open, Ted when Caps games run
> late. Why don't you? And where's the fucking
> announcement in the stadium to TELL US that the
> station will be closing at regular time Ted? Oh
> right...there wasn't one. Because if you announced
> Metro was closing at regular time then you'd miss
> out on another million dollars in beer and hotdog
> sales.
>
> So, you know how I got home Ted? I took a
> cab, Ted. To Vienna Metro, Ted. It cost me $50!
> Fifty fucking dollars, fucktard! And then to top
> it all off? I couldn't get my car out of the Metro
> parking lot, Ted. Because as you know...Metro was
> closed. So, I had to hop back in the cab, Ted. And
> that was ANOTHER $20 to get me home. It was
> 2:58AM, Ted. I did not have my car, Ted.
>
> But wait...there's more, Ted. I had to take a
> cab BACK to Metro again to get my car in the
> morning so...that's another $20. I want my $90,
> Ted. And I want you to pay to keep the Metro
> system open on nights that the games run late,
> Ted. Or at the very least...ANNOUNCE in the
> stadium a reminder message about Metro's closure
> so fans can make an informed decision, Ted. Or
> stop telling the fans how fucking convenient Metro
> is to get to and from the games. And fuck
> you...you old fuck!
>
> Signed,
> Former Nats Fan
Attachments:
Scared1.gif

Posted by: DH ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:45PM

Jim Vance did an editorial on this the other night. In his opinion the Nats should pay to keep Metro open as the Wizards and Capitals do. He also stated that the cost to keep Metro open after an event is $20,000.
I wonder if the $20,000 fee is a good estimate?

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:52PM

DH Wrote:
> He also
> stated that the cost to keep Metro open after an
> event is $20,000.
> I wonder if the $20,000 fee is a good estimate?

Possibly... if they keep that station open and trains running, all the possible union-staffed destination stations need to be kept open as well.

I can see them putting $20k down to be able to choose when Metro stays open, but not just any day. If some weeknight game that didn't pull in many fans went late it isn't worth the cost. A big weekend game maybe, but then again Metro is open later.

I think broadcasting widely like they did that trains would stop running after a certain time should be good enough. If some dummies are too drunk while they are supposed to be taking care of their families and don't get the message, tough tittie.

Posted by: Dan the Man ()
Date: September 02, 2012 09:40AM

To start, this ballpark really doesn't have much character. Yes, it's nice and new but if the Nationals weren't playing there, you'd really have no idea it's their stadium. I understand longevity and winning help all this, but those were my initial impressions.

Pros
- It still looks almost brand new
- Since it's not that big (and I view that as a good thing), there's really not a bad seat in the house
- Cool, local concessions (ex. Ben's Chili bowl)
- Prices weren't completely through the roof
- Air conditioned bar (Red Loft)
- Metro station close to the stadium

Cons
- I bought seats in section 233 (which is 2nd level) and I was a little disappointed, because that particular section is built pretty far off the field
- This is my biggest reason for the negative review. They had the sloooooowwwwwweeeeeesssssstttttt concessions workers that I have ever witnessed in my life. It took forever to grab a few beers at the Miller Lite bar in right field. The line wasn't even that long but it took them absolutely forever to serve people. I was in utter shock - it was seriously ridiculous. If it wasn't for this, I would have given the stadium 3 stars.
- I had to watch the Mets play (not the stadium's fault but pretty painful)

So...that's my review for Nationals Park. It's great that the Nats are winning this year and the fans have something to be excited about, but they've really got to do something about the concession workers here.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.