HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Vinifera
Posted by: Oenophile ()
Date: May 29, 2008 07:18AM

I checked out a new wine bar in Reston last night and thought I'd mention it to others who might be interested. Vinifera is part of the Westin on Sunrise Valley and just opened a few weeks ago. The atmosphere is warm and comfortable with plenty of space both inside and outside. They haven't done anything in the way of advertising or promotion so there weren't many people there yet. Nice stemware and good, friendly service. My only real complaint is that the list of wines by the glass is not terribly interesting--most of them are readily available at Wegman's or Whole Foods and commonly seen on menus. La Crema Pinot Noir, for example. I didn't really examine the list of wines by the bottle so I can't comment on that yet. The bartender was very generous about letting us sample wines before ordering a glass. Bottom line is that it's a great place to meet friends for a glass of wine and good conversation.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.