HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Getting a suspension removed from your DMV record
Posted by: LessonLearned ()
Date: August 02, 2012 04:25PM

Before everyone rams my ass for being a shitty driver, I'm not. My license was suspended because I failed to maintain insurance on my motorcycle for 2 months in the winter of 2011. Because of the one "Major Offense", I had to pay $600+ to get my license reinstated, have to maintain an SR-22 on file with the DMV until 2014 for each vehicle I have registered ($10) and there is no company that will insure me for less than $120/mo for a car worth less than 10K. I am not denying I let my insurance lapse which was dumb of me but I've learned my lesson x10. I don't make shit for money as it is but if I could get this taken off, my insurance rates would drop dramatically. Is it even possible or do I have to wait until 2016 for the insurance companies that go back 5 years for major offenses (which I think all do). If it is possible, any recommendations on lawyers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting a suspension removed from your DMV record
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: August 02, 2012 04:30PM

You have to wait. To my knowledge nothing but time will make your rates go down and there is no way to have it removed.

Posted by: Fu ()
Date: August 02, 2012 04:59PM

You dont have to have SR-22 if your a good SOBOR driver. You dont get your license suspended for not being a "shitty driver".

Pay the consequences for your actions. Good luck trying to scam your way out of the penalty for your "Major Offense" and be lucky you didnt kill someone.

Fu

Date: August 02, 2012 05:23PM

Fu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You dont have to have SR-22 if your a good SOBOR
> driver. You dont get your license suspended for
> not being a "shitty driver".
>
> Pay the consequences for your actions. Good luck
> trying to scam your way out of the penalty for
> your "Major Offense" and be lucky you didnt kill
> someone.
>
> Fu

Obviously, you're the type that must have the fear of God in you, otherwise you wouldn't think with your ass. An SR-22 is required for 3 years if your insurance lapses and the accompanying license suspension is a major offense. Read up on it.

Date: August 02, 2012 05:33PM

BTW, learn how to spell Sober, fu**ing foreigner.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 02, 2012 06:07PM

LessonLearned Wrote:
> motorcycle

LOL, enough said. You big dummy.

Posted by: lolyer ()
Date: August 03, 2012 01:23PM

Shiiiittttt... Failure to pay fine... = suspended license..

Cost $150 just for reinstatement plus (+) whatever you owe plus interest... And if you have a MD or DC license.. then you gotta pay them too! Even if the failure to pay was in VA.. They getcha coming and going

Posted by: Samantha Robb ()
Date: January 07, 2013 08:27PM

Ongoing horror story... Without adding too many details I will cut to the chase and let everyone know what a joke the DMV/CSE and the its governing body in a whole is. I had my license suspended due to non-payment of child support (long story with validity). I obtained a stay as required by state law. I drove for two years, while paying off the balance. I was involved in an accident and to my surprise found my license had been suspended the entire time. I was forced to pay bail money for a suspension I had been assured by the State of Missouri's CSE was invalid. I maintained my obligation by showing up for court and was severely chastised by the judge. Upon leaving the court I insisted on seeing the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney to clear up the misunderstanding. He informed me the stay was NEVER entered in the system and this was a result of too many departments having their hands in the "pot". He apologized to me profusely and dismissed the charges immediately. I was told to carry all my papers with me if in case I was pulled over again there would be no question this was a governmental issue and I had done nothing wrong. One and a half months later I was pulled over for speeding. I was quickly handcuffed (cutting off the circulation to my right hand and the officer refused to loosen the cuff). I informed the officer of the paperwork I faithfully carried with me. Upon which I watched him search my vehicle without permission. When he brought the folder to me I asked again to have the handcuff loosened so as to be able to show him the pertinent paperwork. He refused calling me argumentative. I was ARRESTED yet AGAIN and forced to pay more bail money for the same departmental mistake that still had not been rectified (not to mention had been previously pointed out to me was not my error but one of the state!). I now have to appear in yet another court in a different county with all the paperwork showing I was never in the wrong. Well, as of to date... I have lost bail money times two caused by an issue of overpaid government employees unable to straighten out their mistakes. Tends to make one wonder how much longer this will take to clear up as well as how much more money they will obtain from me under false pretenses.

Posted by: Truth Be Told 2 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 08:43PM

A couple of years ago you could contact the DMV and have a DMV hearing to have the SR removed. They would take you in a backroom and quiz you. You have to show that the reason for suspension was "hardship" related.

There is a HUGE HUGE difference for being suspended from a DUI and being suspended for lapse of insurance. Driving on a suspended for DUI carries a huge penalty including jail time.

My suggestion is contact the DMV and ask about having the SR removed. You might be surprised that the DMV may actually be helpful to you.

If you do choose to call the DMV please post back on how everything went. I'd like to know the outcome.

Posted by: The Duke ()
Date: January 07, 2013 10:56PM

Samantha Robb Wrote:
> Ongoing horror story...

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.

--- Attributed to John Wayne

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.