HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: What are the WORST places to Eat at in Northern VA?
Posted by: 20167 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:21PM

This place by far as the strangest menu I have ever seen. All the food on the menu is food that you would expect for any given restaurant. But not all on the same menu. The restaurant is supposed to be New Orleans inspired. However, looking at the menu, you're not really sure where the inspiration comes from. From enchiladas to pasta to burgers to fish to salads w/ muffins, there really isn't any cohesion to the menu.

Enjoyable atmosphere, but that's where it ends. Over bearing waiter, hovered. First visit one of two orders was wrong. OK, we'll give it another try. Second visit, one of two orders was cold, waiter was hard to find. Alright, last try, one of two orders was wrong. Server was unconcerned. We gave it a fair shake. No more.

Overall, the decorations in the place are cool to look at, but I don't think we'll be going back to this place anytime soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 20167 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:22PM

oops the name of the place is Mimi's Cafe in sterling

Posted by: LaraJ ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:24PM

lueinyon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had really horrible experience in Honey Pig.
> This place has terrible service with terrible
> food. I can see that people like this place, cuz
> it opens for 24hrs. However, they have average bbq
> and side dishes were so unfresh and dried
> out!!!!!! The servers in this restaurant were very
> unkind and gave impression to make people to eat
> fast to turn table as fast they can. I totally
> recommend other bbq places in Annadale which they
> have way better service and quality foods!!

Oh I've eaten at honey pig before.

I went at 10pm on a Sunday night. The place was full, with families with small children to couples to friends hanging out. I always think a Korean place must be good if the Koreans always go to it- well Honey Pig is one of those places, Il Mee buffet is too.

I ordered bulgogi, my bf ordered the spicy pork belly, which they are known for. You sit at the table and cook it there... but oh dear. I don't like spicy food, which is why I went for the safe choice of sweet, marinated beef, but beware- they cook all meat on the same grill. I watched as the waitress ruthlessly turned and flipped spicy pork belly with the same tongs, on top of each other, mixing it all together... the end result was spicy bulgogi and spicy pork belly.

The bulgogi was dry and bland anyway- some of the worst and most expensive bulgogi I've ever had, and I lived in South Korea for two years so I can tell good bulgogi from bad bulgogi and this is definitely not their specialty. The pork belly, on the other hand, has a very good flavor, which I was surprised to find that I enjoyed despite a burning mouth from spicy red marination on it.

Service is fine, restaurant looks like you're in a grunge warehouse basement with low ceilings, silver metal, cement floor, lots of Korean posters. They're open 24/7. Also, they keep pepto bismol at their register area if you need it :)

Oh yeah, its right next to a karaoke place if you want something to do after eating.

Posted by: unhappy camper ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:29PM

Has anyone been to the Bertucci's in Vienna? I came here a few weeks ago and left disappointed. Their signature chicken piccata was burnt, but luckily, the manager took the cost off the tab. The sangria was almost all ice, and the dining area was so dark that I could barely see my food (good and bad). The appetizer sampler was burnt also.

Today, I ordered the Sporkie pizza (+ pepperoni) online for pickup since they had a $10 off $20 tab promotion. From online, you can request up to 11 of their freshly baked dinner rolls too....for FREE!!! I also put in a request to keep cheese off 1/4 of the pizza.

When I got the order, not only did I receive an incredibly delicious thin crust sausage, pepperoni, ricotta, and mozz pizza that rivals any NY style pizza that I've eaten in this area and NY, but I also got my delicious dinner rolls, AND A FREE PERSONAL SIZE SPORKIE PIZZA (minus cheese) BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO CONSIDER MY REQUEST TO KEEP CHEESE OFF 1/4 OF THE ORIGINAL PIZZA ORDER.

WOW!

Posted by: green gills ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:34PM

lueinyon Wrote:
> The servers in this restaurant were very
> unkind and gave impression to make people to eat
> fast to turn table as fast they can. I totally
> recommend other bbq places in Annadale which they
> have way better service and quality foods!!

Yechon is worse believe me.

Came here pretty late one night (maybe around 10 pm) on a weeknight. Restaurant was 3/4 full. I was pretty happy that we were greeted right away and sat down w/ menus. And then it all went to.. sh-- well, you know.

We rang the service button 4 times... no one. I tried my best to raise my hand and make eye contact with someone- ANYONE but w/ no success. 10 mins later I saw 2 tables sit down next to us and get serviced. After probably about 15 mins, I finally got up and went up to who looked like the manager. He asked me where I was sitting and then said he'd take the order himself.

And then nothing. Well then the food came (which was great btw- which is where the 2 stars come in). The spicy galbitang was YUM. I thought most dolsot bibimbaps come with a fried egg on top but this one didn't have one. I would've asked if you know, there was actually someone serving us. Didn't see anyone pay attention to our existence until it was clear we were done and looking to pay. Given that one person sat us down, another took the order, one person brought the food, and another person took the check, we weren't sure who was gonna get the tip. The other tables seemed to have established servers. I still don't get why we didn't have one. And to be fair, I was more annoyed after a 5 hr drive from VA beach (and craving korean food the entire time). I have to wonder what my Korean parents would've done if they were ignored like this. I guess no extra banchans, napkins, or refills for us. :(

Now if this was the only Korean restaurant in the city, I'd bear with it. But come on, it's Annandale. There's plenty of other restaurants who won't ignore me this much.
Attachments:
Yechon 001.jpg

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:35PM

unhappy camper Wrote:
> When I got the order, not only did I receive an
> incredibly delicious thin crust sausage,
> pepperoni, ricotta, and mozz pizza that rivals any
> NY style pizza that I've eaten in this area and
> NY, but I also got my delicious dinner rolls, AND
> A FREE PERSONAL SIZE SPORKIE PIZZA (minus cheese)
> BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO CONSIDER MY
> REQUEST TO KEEP CHEESE OFF 1/4 OF THE ORIGINAL
> PIZZA ORDER.
>
> WOW!

Then why are you an unhappy camper? lol

Posted by: Tippy's Rules ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:41PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> Blue Ocean Japanese Restaurant.
>
> Went for the first time with a couple of Asian
> friends and it was great. Went with my girlfriend
> and the service was horrible. Asian family that
> came in and was seated after us, got their food
> before we even got our water. My girlfriend's
> food came and we ate it before mine even showed
> up. SHITTY PLACE! Snobby servers.

I call BS on that. Blue Ocean is great. The only izukaya in the area. And one of the only Japanese restaurants in the area actually owned, managed, staffed, and actually frequented by real live Japanese. Not Koreans or Chinamen pretending to be Japanese. Legit place and I have never heard of anyone having poor service there.

You're probably some sort of BMW-driving roundeyed prick.

Posted by: REALLY??? ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:47PM

Tippy's Rules Wrote:
> Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Blue Ocean Japanese Restaurant.
> >
> > Went for the first time with a couple of Asian
> > friends and it was great. Went with my
> girlfriend
> > and the service was horrible. Asian family
> that
> > came in and was seated after us, got their food
> > before we even got our water. My girlfriend's
> > food came and we ate it before mine even showed
> > up. SHITTY PLACE! Snobby servers.
>
>
> I call BS on that. Blue Ocean is great. The only
> izukaya in the area. And one of the only Japanese
> restaurants in the area actually owned, managed,
> staffed, and actually frequented by real live
> Japanese. Not Koreans or Chinamen pretending to be
> Japanese. Legit place and I have never heard of
> anyone having poor service there.
>

Really??? Service is SOOO bad it's unbelievable. I've given this place 10 tries already because it looks like it should be so good. Not once has a server ever taken my order without me trying to hunt one down. It makes me feel like an annoying American, which I may be, but after so many tries you figure it's just the attitude of the people who work there. The worst part is making eye contact with a server who now sees that you're agitated and then intentionally serves each of the tables around you. Makes me fume. Stay away.
Attachments:
imagesCAP2B1B7.jpg

Posted by: Chipotle racial profiling ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:53PM

Let me just preface this with the fact that, like most other red-blooded Americans, i love Chipotle. Their meat is succulent and tasty, and their serving sizes are large enough to feed a small third-world country for a month. What's not to like?

I'll tell you. Racial profiling. At least from what I've experienced at both this location, the location on Route 7 in Sterling, and the location on Elden Street in Herndon. I can tell you that each and every time I've gone to one of these restaurants I've gotten completely jipped on meat. I mean, how can you not get irritated when you get less than a spoonful (usually equates to about 1/2 cup worth) of chicken or barbacoa? How can you not be even more pissy about it when the guy in line in front of you and the one behind you both got HEAPING MOUNDS OF STEAMY GOODNESS plopped into their burritos?

I am not racist. I don't seek out to identify and then subsequently complain about what appear to be "racially charged" situations - but I have noticed a pattern; all of the Chipotles that have a certain type of ethnic group working at them, WILL HOOK UP customers of the same ethnic group. That's the best way I can put it (not trying to be offensive at all). I called a lady out on it once and she spat "you pay more if you want extra meat" to which I replied by walking out. The other guy wasn't ordering "extra meat" - she just gave it to him with an amicable smile and a conversation completely in the United States' second-native language.

COME ON - cuz I'm WHITE means i don't deserve as much FOOD as the other guy?! Not fair. Chipotle corporate needs to work some serious 'equal opportunity'-type training on their folks. I love their god damn food, but I've gotten crapped on so many times it's not worth going anymore. (read: I'll probably still go every now and then, but I'll be mad about the quantity of food I'm getting compared to customers of the "right" ethnicity). /end rant.

Posted by: Tippy's Rules ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:54PM

BMW or not?

Posted by: WTF!?! ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:58PM

Chipotle racial profiling Wrote:
> Let me just preface this with the fact that, like
> most other red-blooded Americans, i love Chipotle.
> Their meat is succulent and tasty, and their
> serving sizes are large enough to feed a small
> third-world country for a month. What's not to
> like?
>
> I'll tell you. Racial profiling. At least from
> what I've experienced at both this location, the
> location on Route 7 in Sterling, and the location
> on Elden Street in Herndon. I can tell you that
> each and every time I've gone to one of these
> restaurants I've gotten completely jipped on meat.
> I mean, how can you not get irritated when you
> get less than a spoonful (usually equates to about
> 1/2 cup worth) of chicken or barbacoa? How can
> you not be even more pissy about it when the guy
> in line in front of you and the one behind you
> both got HEAPING MOUNDS OF STEAMY GOODNESS plopped
> into their burritos?
>
> I am not racist. I don't seek out to identify and
> then subsequently complain about what appear to be
> "racially charged" situations - but I have noticed
> a pattern; all of the Chipotles that have a
> certain type of ethnic group working at them, WILL
> HOOK UP customers of the same ethnic group.
> That's the best way I can put it (not trying to be
> offensive at all). I called a lady out on it once
> and she spat "you pay more if you want extra meat"
> to which I replied by walking out. The other guy
> wasn't ordering "extra meat" - she just gave it to
> him with an amicable smile and a conversation
> completely in the United States' second-native
> language.
>
> COME ON - cuz I'm WHITE means i don't deserve as
> much FOOD as the other guy?! Not fair. Chipotle
> corporate needs to work some serious 'equal
> opportunity'-type training on their folks. I love
> their god damn food, but I've gotten crapped on so
> many times it's not worth going anymore. (read:
> I'll probably still go every now and then, but
> I'll be mad about the quantity of food I'm getting
> compared to customers of the "right" ethnicity).
> /end rant.

Chipotle racist against white people? You've got to be kidding right?

Posted by: @Chipotle racial profiling ()
Date: June 24, 2012 01:59PM

I had a simliar experience with the one in Ashburn. When I walked into this particular Chipotle, it struck me as odd that there was no one else in line (considering the line is usually backed up near the door), (this was lunchtime when I went too), so I just walked right up (which initially I viewed as a good thing...). There were only a couple people in the restaurant.

Even though none of the servers were busy, they all just stood there all with an expression of... what I would describe as a cross between "I'm very unhappy to be working here" look, crossed with a real attitude problem/arrogant-kind of look, is the best way I know to describe it. (never seen that before at a Chipotle, everyone's usually upbeat, friendly, and good team workers!) It took a while for the guy to get to me even though he was standing at the tortilla press the whole time with his head down and I know he knew I was there, but at long last he did, and even then no greeting or a word from him. The vibe I got was that *I* was taking up *his" time or something like that. So I just went ahead and ordered, (and had to say, 'wait, there's something else'--there was no "Is there anything else?" from him, just a rush and I got the vibe he was trying to be rid of me). I don't know what it is, but seriously there is a BIG vibe of an attitutude problem in this place. I soon realized the attitude thing was actually between him and the other employees there. The way they treated each other and spoke to each other was appalling, and it made me very uncomfortable standing there...

Next stop was another employee who after my burrito with minimal meat, just glared at me and tried to quickly wrap up my burrito. I had to keep saying, "no, wait--I want this" and "no, wait--I want that"--and each time she would unfold the burrito with a weary/annoyed/angry expression my way, and each time add just a shred of lettuce, a teeny drizzle of sour cream, a few shreds of cheese--you get the idea. With an attitude I sensed toward the cashier, she slid the burrito down the line to the cashier, who rang it up for me silently, but I had to say I had ordered a cheese quesadilla as well. The cashier seemed very intimidated about asking the girl in the middle about it, and that girl glared at her when she did and acted like it wasn't her problem, then there was an exchange of words and finally the girl in the middle went and got the first guy who very reluctantly came back from mopping the floor with an attitude about fetching the quesadilla, then they started arguing whose responsibility it was right in front of me, and finally the middle girl just grabbed it and slid it down, again with an attitude, at the timid-looking young cashier (I felt sorry for her).

About this time, the middle girl came over to the register and looked over the young girls shoulder and started criticizing her for something that I guess she'd apparently done wrong, and then they both started yelling rudely into the restaurant (mostly the middle girl) for this one customer to come back. This customer finally came over--there was some issue with a mix-up with a guacamole, and I witnessed this big scene between the customer as she kept explaining all she wanted was something & how they'd asked her twice about it and that's why she'd said answered the way she did... so this was their fault... and the employees treated her a bit rudely and didn't apologize or anything, then the customer just left--I got the feeling she felt irritated and insulted. Then I just paid and left, myself.

So that was my experience. I ate my burrito in the car, I just didn't want to be in the "vibe", and my burrito was very small compared to other Chipotle burritos and not that tasty (by comparison).

So again, just my experience. Hopefully this Chipotle can get their act together at this restaurant. I strongly feel the management needs to work on training these employees a LOT better on how to act toward each other, and to customers, and how to make a good burrito.... or get some new employees, or something... I don't know why there is such a big discrepancy between this and other Chipotles!!
(Regardless, I still love Chipotle! Tasty food in general, and a HUGE HUGE applaud to their commitment to serving healthier food!!!)

Posted by: notforme ()
Date: June 24, 2012 04:17PM

John's Place on Lee Highway- eat there and you might die!

Posted by: Eater of Tacos ()
Date: June 24, 2012 10:11PM

One of the worst in the county:

Taco Lucas on Jeff Davis Highway in Hybla Valley. Want some roach meat with your tacos? The ants crawling on the food make it muy autentico.

Posted by: harry reems ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:17AM

Old Country Buffet in Fairfax. The smell alone when you walk in is crazy. I'm not sure if it from the oldies hanging out there or the food or the carpet.

Posted by: WHINE HOUSE IN FFX ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:46AM

The Wine House in Fairfax should be called the "Whine House". I can't understand
why that place gets good reviews. This was our experience:

My wife and I and our four-month-old son went in for an early dinner last night; though our son is very good when we eat out (no fussing, we're lucky), we always go out early to beat any crowds, to avoid getting the stroller in the way of others, and to be out before our son's own feeding time. We arrived just before 5 p.m., took a seat in the outside seating area, and when our waiter arrived (quickly, I should add) to take our drink orders, we told him we were ready to order dinner as well; we picked out two entrees and took the waiter's recommendations for wine pairings -- which he also brought quickly.

However, that's when the trouble started. AFTER bringing our wine, the waiter said that he actually wouldn't be able to place our dinner order until 5:30 when the kitchen opened -- still nearly a half-hour away -- and wondered if we'd like a cheese plate in the meantime. We tried to explain that we'd ordered immediately precisely BECAUSE we didn't have time for too leisurely a dinner, given the baby, and if the orders weren't even PLACED until nearly a half-hour later, how long would it be before the food actually arrived? Didn't seem much he could do about any of that except to offer for us to get a cheese plate INSTEAD of our dinners -- no concern, of course, about the wines he'd recommended. Given the timing, we ended up simply having to cancel our dinners. "I'll bring you the check for the wine," the waiter said, and that was that.

If a restaurant is actually NOT open for dinner at the time of seating a patron, I believe that the hostess or the waiter should explain that -- whether or not there's a baby in the party. We were NOT told this, either at the time we were seated and a dinner menu presented to us OR at the time that the waiter took our order -- but only informed AFTER the wines were delivered and the pitch was made for a cheese plate to help us bide our time. Additionally, the waiter offered only the tersest of apologies for the timing and made no mention of the fact that we'd ordered wine pairings on his recommendation for food that we simply wouldn't get.

We love the *idea* of the Wine House and have tried to eat there on several occasions, wanting to support a local business. But each time we've been left with some disappointment: once, the waiter told me that each of the two entrees I'd chosen (one after the other) were no longer available; another time, dessert took nearly 45 minutes to arrive. Other times, we've called to ask about specific wines and never gotten calls back. After a while, sad to say, it's just time to give up.

Posted by: lunchlady doris ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:48AM

notforme Wrote:
> John's Place on Lee Highway- eat there and you
> might die!

Vinnie's Restaurant off mainstreet in Fairfax.

This was the worst meal I have ever had. I would give it zero stars if I could. We ordered the crab dip to start and it had this really strange taste and was drenched in oil. It took a couple tries before I even got to any crab, which tasted like old canned crab. The first couple bites were basically oil and onions. It was disgusting!!!

Next was my salad. It was a pretty basic salad. This was also the best thing I had there. I ordered the Italian dressing and I got just oil. It was not good so I just ate the lettuce without dressing.

I had already ordered the crab cakes for dinner. This place was advertised as a seafood restaurant so I figured they'd be okay....NO WAY!! They were literally the most disgusting crab cakes I have ever eaten. There was hardly any crab in them, just all the other filling, which was also not good. Again, the crab tasted canned - like that cheap thinly shredded kind. They were deep fried and hard on the outside, not pan seared as crab cakes should be. My fiance had some seafood pasta dish. It was made with cheap spaghetti and was also not any good. We could have made something better out of a can of pasta sauce and a box of spaghetti.

The ambiance was also no good. It looked like it hadn't been updated since 1950. We were also seated by this door that went to this indoor/outdoor patio and it was freezing cold. People kept going out on this patio that said "No Smoking" to smoke cigarettes. Since we were right beside it, we got to smell all the cigarette smoke....how pleasant with your meal!?!

We bought the deal from the Daily Delaster website and still have 10 more buy one get one deals. That will be going in the trash or given to someone we really don't like. Also, when I tried to write a review on the Daily Dealster website where they were selling more of those gift certificates, they would not post it. I said the same stuff I said in this review. Don't be fooled. Don't waste your money like we did. Gross!!

Posted by: Dog's Lunch ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:51AM

Carlos O'Kelly's back in the day but its closed now. Anyone remember this place?

It's not often I get all Gordon Ramsay-ish in my reviews, but they really ought to call this place Carlos O'Nasty's.

You ever encounter a restaurant that you mostly go to just because it's close by and convenient? You know, it's okay, but just there more than anything? That's what Carlos O'Kellys was for a long time for us. They have "Mug-O'Rita's" for under 3 bucks, so that alone was enough to keep us coming.

Then one time the wife and I went there for dinner, and both came out feeling terrible. So we didn't go back for a while.

And then you know how several months pass, and you start thinking that maybe that visit was a fluke? So you go and give it another shot and it really was bad? That's where I was with Carlos O'Kelly's until I heard some friends complain about it too.

Last visit featured the "Margarita Fajitas", which sounded real good on the menu, but turned out to be a greasy buttery fatty mess on a skillet with no sizzle at all. As for my wife's food, I don't know how one can screw up plain black beans, but they did it here.

Everything seems to be obviously microwaved. Somehow it seems like I can get the same effect at home. Think I'll pass on dropping $30 bucks for that when 2 Trader Joe's burritos will do the job much more cheaply.

Decor is amusing. I get the sense this place was happening back in the late 80's and early 90's. It also seems like it doesn't look any different from what it did back then either.

Seriously, it's like Taco Bell with waiters and alcohol. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Posted by: The Green Tree Stay Away! ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:56AM

The Green Tree off king street in leesburg va. Ridiculously horrible. I wonder how they are still open?

Let me put it this way: at least my friend and I were not murdered. We kind of thought we would be when we sat down, but that's just the creepy ambiance of this place. I felt like I was trapped in the song "Hotel California".

Worst food in Leesburg... Avoid this place like the plague. I had the roast duck a few months back and it was the driest thing that I've ever eaten. Everyone else at our table also commented on their meals' overall blandness and horridness.

How this place stays in business, I'll never understand. But that's ok - I will never be back. There are MUCH better places to eat in town than the overpriced tasteless fare offered here.

They advertise that they feature 18th Century Cuisine, and the posted special was.....Chicken Parmesan. BWAHAHAHAHA! Reeeeeal authentic, guys!

Ordered the veal parm for $28. Let's see, it was actually chicken. The waiter apologized and said they grabbed it from the wrong bin--- everything was frozen. And the sauce was a disgusting canned pizza sauce. The parmasean cheese was that you would get at pizza hut but the container was all crusted. The over all place was filthy. Even if some one is buying your dinner, steer away from this disappointment.

HORRIBLE!

Also avoid Kings Court Tavern, Balls Bluff, Colonial Inn and Bella Luna they are all owned by the same person.

Save yourself a trip to the doctor - it will make you sick!

Posted by: @Dog's Lunch ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:59AM

Dog's Lunch Wrote:
> Carlos O'Kelly's back in the day but its closed
> now. Anyone remember this place?
>
> It's not often I get all Gordon Ramsay-ish in my
> reviews, but they really ought to call this place
> Carlos O'Nasty's.
>
> You ever encounter a restaurant that you mostly go
> to just because it's close by and convenient? You
> know, it's okay, but just there more than
> anything? That's what Carlos O'Kellys was for a
> long time for us. They have "Mug-O'Rita's" for
> under 3 bucks, so that alone was enough to keep us
> coming.
>
> Then one time the wife and I went there for
> dinner, and both came out feeling terrible. So we
> didn't go back for a while.
>
> And then you know how several months pass, and you
> start thinking that maybe that visit was a fluke?
> So you go and give it another shot and it really
> was bad? That's where I was with Carlos O'Kelly's
> until I heard some friends complain about it too.
>
> Last visit featured the "Margarita Fajitas", which
> sounded real good on the menu, but turned out to
> be a greasy buttery fatty mess on a skillet with
> no sizzle at all. As for my wife's food, I don't
> know how one can screw up plain black beans, but
> they did it here.
>
> Everything seems to be obviously microwaved.
> Somehow it seems like I can get the same effect at
> home. Think I'll pass on dropping $30 bucks for
> that when 2 Trader Joe's burritos will do the job
> much more cheaply.
>
> Decor is amusing. I get the sense this place was
> happening back in the late 80's and early 90's. It
> also seems like it doesn't look any different from
> what it did back then either.
>
> Seriously, it's like Taco Bell with waiters and
> alcohol. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I seriously think Taco Bell has better food and if forced to choose between the two, I'd definitely hit the Taco Bell.

I distinctly remember getting some sort of Navajo dip here and a friend of mine who has no standards and can and will eat ANYTHING gave up after two bites.
Also, it's kind of grody.

Posted by: Barbacoa ()
Date: June 25, 2012 12:53PM

Whether it is Chipotle, or Adoba, all the people who work the line act is if they are annoyed to be helping you. Worst is, they grab a handful of whatever and have half of it in your burrito, or bowl, as you scream "NO LETTUCE!!" or "NO CHEESE!!", half the time they don't even look at you. I thought I would try using spanish to alleviate the problem and they still just ignored me. If I am an annoyance to you and your store, i will eat elsewhere. When you lose your job becuase people stop coming to your store, maybe then you'll understand.

Posted by: THE WORST PLACE TO EAT IN LOUDOUN COUNTY ()
Date: June 25, 2012 12:57PM

THE WORST PLACE TO EAT IN LOUDOUN COUNTY

I went to Nick's Corner Grill for the first time and I have to say it is the worst place to eat in Loudoun County. I took my parents there for a nice dinner but go service like McDonalds. The server came to our table and told us the special for the night but when we asked him specific things about the specials, he had no clue. The food tasted like they just put in a microwave. The food had on taste even something simple like my hamburger. When I asked for the manager the server came and told me that he does not have the time to talk to us. IF YOU ARE A MANAGER OF A RESTERAUNT DO NOT BE SCARD TO TALK TO YOUR COUSTOMERS AND DON'T TELL THEM YOU DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SPEAK WITH THEM. I AM TELLING YOU TO NEVER GO TO NICK'S CORNER GRILL UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAST YOUR TIME AND MONEY. If I had to rate this place on scale form one to ten, I would give it a ONE.

Posted by: ugh Rangoli ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:03PM

As we were dining at Rangoli in Chantilly (Northern Virginia) the other day, we were eerily reminded of what our favorite essayist Macaulay wrote in his essay on the Prussian king Frederic the Great.

The food in Frederic's eccentric father Frederic William's place, Macaulay wrote, "was so bad that even hunger loathed it."

Odds are Frederic William's kitchen was a gazillion times better than Rangoli, a Chantilly kuppa-thotti (dumpster-dive) that's lazily trying to morph into an Indian restaurant.

Next, there are the trannies with their silicone-babies slutting oops strutting down Walnut St in Philadelphia on a late Friday afternoon. Again, harmless except in the mutilation they inflict on their bodies.

Finally, there are the really harmful freaks like Kumar Iyer who inflict horrendous torture over hapless victims like us unfortunate enough to step into their fiefdom.

Tell you what, these Iyer monsters deserve to be locked up in a Supermax dungeon with no chance ever of seeing daylight again.

Now, now, be patient, children.

We do realize that you want to know more about this Iyer character. As the smart ones amongst you have already guessed, Iyer is none other than the owner of the Rangoli gulag and, to make matters worse, a hardcore recidivist.

Notwithstanding what the ignorati may say, Rangoli is not an Indian restaurant. At least, not in the real, authentic cuisine sense.

Among the repulsive Indian restaurants we've dined in over several years here in the U.S, this pathetic piece of shit easily ranks among the worst of the worst.

Posted by: WORST Ruby Tuesdays in Manassas, VA due to Manager/Bartender ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:04PM

Just recently a friend of mine complained about this Tuesdays and her service a few weeks ago. After some of the worst service I've gotten in the past few months, and after hearing what happened to her (plus reading complaints on Yelp and other sites), I've decided enough is enough...something MUST be said.

Back in September, Nikki, the restaurant's worst bartender, forgot my drink (for the 3rd time in less than a year). I got frustrated and made a comment to my server. Nikki found out about this and confronted me with a bad attitude and humiliated my friends and I. Then I lodged a complaint to the managers the next day. I went back a week later and Nikki got upset, making threats of assualt and death (according to a friend that works there) and then called me a "f***ing..." something as she turned her back and burst through the kitchen door.

Craig, the manager, was apologetic and promised to pay my next check. I went proceeding nights but he was never there and I never got the free meal he promised. I filed a complaint with corporate but the complaint came back to Craig. I encountered him at another Tuesdays and said I don't go back because "Nikki ***." He got upset and proceeded to make a somewhat threatening call the following Monday (saying I was "rude" and "disrespectful"), but then tried to save himself by reopening his offer (clearly he forgot) for the next time I came in.

His threatening tone though was so intimidating that I actually haven't been back since. Another friend of mine said she also got horrible service the following week and she now won't go back. And one more friend of mine said she won't go back because that Tuesdays is not worth driving out for anymore.

What amazes me to this day is how someone (Nikki) can receive up to six customer complaints (and possibly more) about missed drinks, bad attitude, and bad service and still be employed (not to mention walking out on her shift on more than one occasion). One employee Craig fired made me aware of Craig's unprofessional behavior and how he drove other employees away (including one that's worked with the company 11 years).

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:43PM

Correcting the post above where the anon poster who posted a novel in the "your name" field.

Posted by: Oscar Mantana ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:47PM

FACE!!!

Posted by: Captain 0bvious ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:50PM

Honey Pig is fine by me. Quite affordable, moreso than other local Korean restaurants. The spot is open until 2 AM on weekdays, which certainly doesn't hurt.
(Protip: Spicy dishes not your cup of tea? Avoid Korean food in general. The majority of it IS spicy.)

Posted by: Captain Oblivious ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:55PM

Korean food has to be spicy to cover the fact it is mostly meat gone bad, or rotting, like kimchi.

Posted by: Burger Meister Meisterburger ()
Date: June 25, 2012 03:04PM

I was all set to add Five Guys, a perenial bad place to eat onto this list, until Saturday night. I went to Five Guys in Fiarfax because my girlfirend really likes the fries, so I figured I would give it another shot. I have to say, that was the best meal I had ever had there. The fries were not super greasy like they normally are and the burger was well cooked. This has to be a fluke....I will give them one more chance....

Posted by: Arthur Treacher's Rocks ()
Date: June 25, 2012 07:05PM

"Forgot one. Arthur Treacher's. Nasty, fat dripping shit."

I disagree

Posted by: Captain 0bvious ()
Date: June 25, 2012 08:53PM

Captain Oblivious Wrote:
> Korean food has to be spicy to cover the fact it
> is mostly meat gone bad, or rotting, like kimchi.

Kimchi is fermented. Wine is rotten grape juice and prosciutto is spoiled bacon instead of cured pork, by the same LOLgic.
¯\(°_°)/¯

Posted by: KellyT ()
Date: June 26, 2012 07:58AM

WORST Ruby Tuesdays in Manassas, VA due to Manager/Bartender Wrote:
> Just recently a friend of mine complained about
> this Tuesdays and her service a few weeks ago.
> After some of the worst service I've gotten in the
> past few months, and after hearing what happened
> to her (plus reading complaints on Yelp and other
> sites), I've decided enough is enough...something
> MUST be said.
>
> Back in September, Nikki, the restaurant's worst
> bartender, forgot my drink (for the 3rd time in
> less than a year). I got frustrated and made a
> comment to my server. Nikki found out about this
> and confronted me with a bad attitude and
> humiliated my friends and I. Then I lodged a
> complaint to the managers the next day. I went
> back a week later and Nikki got upset, making
> threats of assualt and death (according to a
> friend that works there) and then called me a
> "f***ing..." something as she turned her back and
> burst through the kitchen door.
>
> Craig, the manager, was apologetic and promised to
> pay my next check. I went proceeding nights but he
> was never there and I never got the free meal he
> promised. I filed a complaint with corporate but
> the complaint came back to Craig. I encountered
> him at another Tuesdays and said I don't go back
> because "Nikki ***." He got upset and proceeded to
> make a somewhat threatening call the following
> Monday (saying I was "rude" and "disrespectful"),
> but then tried to save himself by reopening his
> offer (clearly he forgot) for the next time I came
> in.
>
> His threatening tone though was so intimidating
> that I actually haven't been back since. Another
> friend of mine said she also got horrible service
> the following week and she now won't go back. And
> one more friend of mine said she won't go back
> because that Tuesdays is not worth driving out for
> anymore.
>
> What amazes me to this day is how someone (Nikki)
> can receive up to six customer complaints (and
> possibly more) about missed drinks, bad attitude,
> and bad service and still be employed (not to
> mention walking out on her shift on more than one
> occasion). One employee Craig fired made me aware
> of Craig's unprofessional behavior and how he
> drove other employees away (including one that's
> worked with the company 11 years).

I used to work there... and let me tell you, Craig Davis fired me on December 23, 2009. You're right, he is the very reason that the restaurant is closed. He continued to play favorites and let the employees he liked get away with terrible things, whilst the good employees (whom he hated, for whatever reason) be treated like crap. I'm so happy that they're closed. I just hope Craig isn't working at another Ruby Tuesday's... because I guarantee they'll be driven into the ground too.

Posted by: king of the parkway ()
Date: June 26, 2012 08:13AM

susans Wrote:
> every restaurant in Burke

You got that right. Burke is void of anything that even merits the name restaurant.

Posted by: Jumpin Jack ()
Date: June 26, 2012 08:14AM

Arthur Treacher's Rocks Wrote:
> "Forgot one. Arthur Treacher's. Nasty, fat
> dripping shit."
>
> I disagree

This place is horrible. First off, I have never been to an "Arthur Treacher's" but this can't be how they all are. This place smelled funny. Looked like it was from the early 80's.

My expectations were set when I walked in and saw it was fast food...no biggie, we can do that. Prices seem fair. Looks shady, but oh well.

So, we ordered food. Two of their combo meals. One fish and one chicken.
Had my 2 year old who is a super picky eater and will only eat fries and only drinks water. No need to order her a drink. I asked for a kiddie cup, the woman gave me a styrofoam cup instead of the official kiddie cup. I said I need a lid and she said that was the only cup available for water. I explained I had a 2 year old and she didnt' budge. I saw the plastic cups with lids. She didn't even offer a full size cup which they did have lids for. Frustrated, I grunted and walked away. I have worked in fast food, casual dining and upscale restaurants...this is not how you treat people.

Moving along, the fish was kind of lame, no flavor. The chicken was overcooked and hard as a rock. I had to ask for tarter sauce....? Why is it not automatic? Why did she only give me two? I got three big pieces of fish (the big combo) I asked for a sauce for the chicken and she gave me one, I had to ask for second one.
As my frustrations grew, I noticed that the cup I was drinking out of didn't have a logo on it. It was a styrofoam cup like you get at the gas station, weird?
I then noticed my ketchup didn't have a Arthur Treacher's company logo...and my sauces didn't either. In fact, they didn't have any company logo...just generic stuff, like the cups. Weird?

Sounds to me like the owner is taking shortcuts and I doubt the chain knows this is going on...(all locations can't be like this?) Anyhow, this place is ghetto. I won' t be back. I should have gone across the street to Chik-Fil-et.
Attachments:
19treacher.jpg

Posted by: I know ()
Date: June 26, 2012 08:14AM

IHOP in Centreville. IHOP is just plain gross but that location is just nasty.

Posted by: @I know ()
Date: June 26, 2012 08:16AM

I know Wrote:
> IHOP in Centreville. IHOP is just plain gross but
> that location is just nasty.

I remember seeing a post here on FFX Undeground where someone had a picture of a fly on a pancake that was taken there. GROSSSSSSSS!!!

Posted by: randy savage ()
Date: June 26, 2012 08:38AM

Anything that has the word buffet in it should be off limits. Not because they serve bad food but because you people are fat enough already and make pigs of yourself.
Attachments:
Obesity1.jpg

Posted by: Lord Dukes ()
Date: June 26, 2012 09:13AM

Dr Bombay Wrote:
> Romano's Macaroni Grill Wrote:
> -----
> > Romano's Macaroni Grill is the worst dining
> > experience we have ever had (no exaggeration).
> The
> > server (Aida) was rude and condescending. She
> > ignored our table most of the night. We
> understand
> > if a location is under-staffed, but we couldn't
> > help notice that her attitude towards other
> tables
> > was significantly different. Other than the
> color
> > of our skin (we are not white), we couldn't
> notice
> > anything different from her other customers. If
> it
> > hadn't been for our two little kids (3 and 1),
> who
> > were hungry, we would have walked out.
>
> It was probably because no one wants to deal with
> 2 foul little kids. It's not a kid friendly place
> but you didn't take the hint. I get sick and tired
> of parents of litle kids who feel unwelcomed. YOU
> ARE UNWELCOMED. Get over it and stick to place
> that have plastic table mats.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, because that's why they (Macaroin Grill) have paper table "cloths" and give you crayons.

Posted by: Bobby Collingsworth ()
Date: June 26, 2012 09:30AM

Chipotle racial profiling Wrote:
> Let me just preface this with the fact that, like
> most other red-blooded Americans, i love Chipotle.
> Their meat is succulent and tasty, and their
> serving sizes are large enough to feed a small
> third-world country for a month. What's not to
> like?

What is not to like is that they sell 7 dollar rice burritos with 2 oz of meat and literally 18 oz of rice and have 100% of your daily sodium in 1 meal.

I stopped going there a while back. Even when you tell them light on the rice, every bite is 80% rice. I don't get why they have people lined up out the door. Most overrated eatery in the area.

Posted by: Billy Mays here... ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:18PM

Posted by: WIne Houser ()
Date: June 26, 2012 02:20PM

The Wine House was excellent when I went there two weeks ago. It's on you that you didn't check their serving hours first.

Posted by: oh yeah huh ()
Date: June 26, 2012 02:28PM

Romano's Macaroni Grill Wrote:
> Romano's Macaroni Grill is the worst dining
> experience we have ever had (no exaggeration). The
> server (Aida) was rude and condescending. She
> ignored our table most of the night. We understand
> if a location is under-staffed, but we couldn't
> help notice that her attitude towards other tables
> was significantly different. Other than the color
> of our skin (we are not white), we couldn't notice
> anything different from her other customers. If it
> hadn't been for our two little kids (3 and 1), who
> were hungry, we would have walked out.

How about idiots like you not show up to restaurants with your fkn 1 year old and fkn 3 year old. It ruins the ambience of anywhere but a McDonalds. Don't you animals get the hint?

Posted by: Facts ()
Date: June 26, 2012 04:51PM

WHINE HOUSE IN FFX Wrote:
> The Wine House in Fairfax should be called the
> "Whine House". I can't understand
> why that place gets good reviews. This was our
> experience:
>
> My wife and I and our four-month-old son went in
> for an early dinner last night; though our son is
> very good when we eat out (no fussing, we're
> lucky), we always go out early to beat any crowds,
> to avoid getting the stroller in the way of
> others, and to be out before our son's own feeding
> time. We arrived just before 5 p.m., took a seat
> in the outside seating area, and when our waiter
> arrived (quickly, I should add) to take our drink
> orders, we told him we were ready to order dinner
> as well; we picked out two entrees and took the
> waiter's recommendations for wine pairings --
> which he also brought quickly.
>
> However, that's when the trouble started. AFTER
> bringing our wine, the waiter said that he
> actually wouldn't be able to place our dinner
> order until 5:30 when the kitchen opened -- still
> nearly a half-hour away -- and wondered if we'd
> like a cheese plate in the meantime. We tried to
> explain that we'd ordered immediately precisely
> BECAUSE we didn't have time for too leisurely a
> dinner, given the baby, and if the orders weren't
> even PLACED until nearly a half-hour later, how
> long would it be before the food actually arrived?
> Didn't seem much he could do about any of that
> except to offer for us to get a cheese plate
> INSTEAD of our dinners -- no concern, of course,
> about the wines he'd recommended. Given the
> timing, we ended up simply having to cancel our
> dinners. "I'll bring you the check for the wine,"
> the waiter said, and that was that.
>
> If a restaurant is actually NOT open for dinner at
> the time of seating a patron, I believe that the
> hostess or the waiter should explain that --
> whether or not there's a baby in the party. We
> were NOT told this, either at the time we were
> seated and a dinner menu presented to us OR at the
> time that the waiter took our order -- but only
> informed AFTER the wines were delivered and the
> pitch was made for a cheese plate to help us bide
> our time. Additionally, the waiter offered only
> the tersest of apologies for the timing and made
> no mention of the fact that we'd ordered wine
> pairings on his recommendation for food that we
> simply wouldn't get.
>
> We love the *idea* of the Wine House and have
> tried to eat there on several occasions, wanting
> to support a local business. But each time we've
> been left with some disappointment: once, the
> waiter told me that each of the two entrees I'd
> chosen (one after the other) were no longer
> available; another time, dessert took nearly 45
> minutes to arrive. Other times, we've called to
> ask about specific wines and never gotten calls
> back. After a while, sad to say, it's just time to
> give up.

Sounds like you didn't tell the waiter your constraints until after you ordered and he/she (quickly) brought you your wine. Probably assumed that since you seated yourselves you knew the place.

Your bad, not the waiter's, who did their best by offering the cheese plate until your order could be prepared. What more do you think they could have done?

I've always had good experiences there. Far from a Worst place to eat in Northern VA.

Posted by: lolyer ()
Date: June 26, 2012 05:06PM

Worst place by far is FAIRFAX ADC... fuccin bologna sandwiches all day until you beg to be moved or after 7pm after classification

Posted by: Son in Law ()
Date: June 26, 2012 06:24PM

The Yechon experience reminds me why we only tend to get Korean food when we are with my Korean mother in law. My wife knows that the service is not nearly as good at nearly any of these restaurants when it is just her speaking English.

Last time we went there with her Mom though, she was ordering all sorts of things in Korean the whole time and we never lacked for service and were seated quickly despite the place being packed.

Green Tree in Leesburg stinks. It is owned by the same guy who owns the shithole "Kings Court" and "Balls Bluff Tavern". No one knows how they stay in business. He must be using them as a fence for something.

Posted by: Service withouta smile ()
Date: June 26, 2012 07:25PM

The Bombay Cafe!

The quality of food at this restaurant is very bad, and the service is the worst. The buffet contains very few items and the food is totally junk. Once you taste the food, you will feel that the quality of food is almost a week old and tastes horrible. Also, there is no service at this restaurant.

Posted by: Sheri ()
Date: June 26, 2012 07:27PM

Facts Wrote:
> WHINE HOUSE IN FFX Wrote:
> -----
> > The Wine House in Fairfax should be called the
> > "Whine House". I can't understand
> > why that place gets good reviews. This was our
> > experience:
> >
> > My wife and I and our four-month-old son went
> in
> > for an early dinner last night; though our son
> is
> > very good when we eat out (no fussing, we're
> > lucky), we always go out early to beat any
> crowds,
> > to avoid getting the stroller in the way of
> > others, and to be out before our son's own
> feeding
> > time. We arrived just before 5 p.m., took a
> seat
> > in the outside seating area, and when our
> waiter
> > arrived (quickly, I should add) to take our
> drink
> > orders, we told him we were ready to order
> dinner
> > as well; we picked out two entrees and took the
> > waiter's recommendations for wine pairings --
> > which he also brought quickly.
> >
> > However, that's when the trouble started. AFTER
> > bringing our wine, the waiter said that he
> > actually wouldn't be able to place our dinner
> > order until 5:30 when the kitchen opened --
> still
> > nearly a half-hour away -- and wondered if we'd
> > like a cheese plate in the meantime. We tried
> to
> > explain that we'd ordered immediately precisely
> > BECAUSE we didn't have time for too leisurely a
> > dinner, given the baby, and if the orders
> weren't
> > even PLACED until nearly a half-hour later, how
> > long would it be before the food actually
> arrived?
> > Didn't seem much he could do about any of that
> > except to offer for us to get a cheese plate
> > INSTEAD of our dinners -- no concern, of
> course,
> > about the wines he'd recommended. Given the
> > timing, we ended up simply having to cancel our
> > dinners. "I'll bring you the check for the
> wine,"
> > the waiter said, and that was that.
> >
> > If a restaurant is actually NOT open for dinner
> at
> > the time of seating a patron, I believe that
> the
> > hostess or the waiter should explain that --
> > whether or not there's a baby in the party. We
> > were NOT told this, either at the time we were
> > seated and a dinner menu presented to us OR at
> the
> > time that the waiter took our order -- but
> only
> > informed AFTER the wines were delivered and the
> > pitch was made for a cheese plate to help us
> bide
> > our time. Additionally, the waiter offered only
> > the tersest of apologies for the timing and
> made
> > no mention of the fact that we'd ordered wine
> > pairings on his recommendation for food that we
> > simply wouldn't get.
> >
> > We love the *idea* of the Wine House and have
> > tried to eat there on several occasions,
> wanting
> > to support a local business. But each time
> we've
> > been left with some disappointment: once, the
> > waiter told me that each of the two entrees I'd
> > chosen (one after the other) were no longer
> > available; another time, dessert took nearly 45
> > minutes to arrive. Other times, we've called to
> > ask about specific wines and never gotten calls
> > back. After a while, sad to say, it's just time
> to
> > give up.
>
> Sounds like you didn't tell the waiter your
> constraints until after you ordered and he/she
> (quickly) brought you your wine. Probably assumed
> that since you seated yourselves you knew the
> place.
>
> Your bad, not the waiter's, who did their best by
> offering the cheese plate until your order could
> be prepared. What more do you think they could
> have done?
>
> I've always had good experiences there. Far from
> a Worst place to eat in Northern VA.

Ha!

This was the worst meal I've had in a while. I was going to get the mussels but wanted something a bit more substantial, so I opted for the duck. The duck breast was decently cooked, but could have used some salt, and the skin could have been crispier. The major problem was with the sides.

Included were 5 or 6 flavorless green beans on top of some sort of black bean compote. It tasted like tomatoes from a can, some cumin, and black beans mixed together. I didn't even eat it, and that's saying a lot cause I can usually scarf down anything. There was a balsamic reduction lining the plate which I used for the duck. I can't remember the last time I've had such a terrible flavor combination.The waitress asked me how I enjoyed the meal, and I was honest and told her it was awful. She mentioned something about how the chef changed the dish recently and maybe it didn't work... Great. Change it back.

My New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was good. My friend liked her crab cake. There's free parking in the garage next door. The atmosphere is inviting. Are these things enough to make me come back?

Not after that meal. I want my $40 back.

Posted by: Angry Soccer Mom ()
Date: June 26, 2012 07:30PM

I've got one for you - Sakoontra Thai Restaurant off West Ox Road in Fairfax (price club plaza).

I decided to try Sakoontra for delivery rather than the place I usually choose... big mistake! The Keow Wahn chicken, described as being "simmered in green curry with coconut milk, bamboo shoot, and basil" was horrible. The chicken was dry to the point of being inedible; it actually tasted like it might have been freeze-dried at one point. The curry sauce was tasteless and did little to hide the dryness of the chicken. I also ordered a House Suggestion - Stir fried crispy duck with chili pepper, garlic and basil. The duck could have been any random reconstituted meat, and it certainly wasn't crispy. Just chucks of mushy poorly spiced "meat" - It almost had a texture of a firm Spam or something...definitely NOT "crispy duck". The Pad Thai was barely edible, but was the least offensive of the bunch! Never Again!

also...

If you value the privacy of your credit card number, DO NOT ORDER DELIVERY FROM THIS RESTAURANT! It is their practice to write your credit card number and expiration date on the slip on which they write your order when you call. I found this out because THE DELIVERY DRIVER HAD THE ORDER SLIP and therefore, also had my credit card number! When I called the manager to tell him that this is a breech of privacy, he told me that his employees are all trustworthy and that, if I'm "sad" about this, I should next time tell the person who takes my order to immediately tear up the number after they enter into the machine.

I told him that this is unacceptable and that I will never order from this restaurant again, and that I will advise my friends of the same. He smugly told me that he did not care.

This is not my first run-in with the management of this restaurant. On the first occasion, I had called ahead and made a reservation for a book club group for lunch one Sunday. I informed the person who took my reservation that we would have 10 people, that it was a book club and that we would require several checks. When we arrived and were seated, we were told that they were only permitted to create 2 separate checks per table.

After this second non-consumer friendly policy, I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere.

Posted by: RESTAURANT FROM HELL! ()
Date: June 26, 2012 08:07PM

Bentleys in Falls Church right off of Arlington Blvd!!!!

I don't know where to start about this hell hole of a restaurant . First of all my wife"s family and I were treated like some animals by the manager of this hell hole. We arrived at this hell hole at around 3 p.m. on July 4,2011 after during some sight seeing of the DC area.

The waitress seated us ( A party of 30) and took our drink orders.It took our waitress 3 times to get our correct we ordered 2 glasses of water and 3 ice teas at my table. She finally came back 10 minutes later to take our orders and thats when everything went completely out of control. She began to bring out food 1 plate at a time, every plate of food that came out was uncooked. Half cooked eggs in a omelete, microwave chicken wings, cheese sticks & onion rings that were microwave and not fried. Some members of our family never even got water or food they had ordered.

After about 10 minutes of this the manager finally came out if you call him one. Yelling at us to just get out of his restaurant right now . His exact words were GET OUT ! GET OUT! GET OUT NOW! LEAVE MY RESTAURANT NOW! He was yelling and screaming at us like we were some sort of animals he was herding up. I have never experience anything like this before in my life. I"m in my mid 50's and travel a lot with my job this was uncalled for very disrespectful to anyone who witness this>.
Attachments:
facilities_026_240172300_std.jpg

Posted by: Art ()
Date: June 26, 2012 08:20PM

Regarding Arthur Treacher's:

This place is horrible. First off, I have never been to an "Arthur Treacher's" but this can't be how they all are. This place smelled funny. Looked like it was from the early 80's.

My expectations were set when I walked in and saw it was fast food...no biggie, we can do that. Prices seem fair. Looks shady, but oh well.

So, we ordered food. Two of their combo meals. One fish and one chicken.
Had my 2 year old who is a super picky eater and will only eat fries and only drinks water. No need to order her a drink. I asked for a kiddie cup, the woman gave me a styrofoam cup instead of the official kiddie cup. I said I need a lid and she said that was the only cup available for water. I explained I had a 2 year old and she didnt' budge. I saw the plastic cups with lids. She didn't even offer a full size cup which they did have lids for. Frustrated, I grunted and walked away. I have worked in fast food, casual dining and upscale restaurants...this is not how you treat people.

Moving along, the fish was kind of lame, no flavor. The chicken was overcooked and hard as a rock. I had to ask for tarter sauce....? Why is it not automatic? Why did she only give me two? I got three big pieces of fish (the big combo) I asked for a sauce for the chicken and she gave me one, I had to ask for second one.
As my frustrations grew, I noticed that the cup I was drinking out of didn't have a logo on it. It was a styrofoam cup like you get at the gas station, weird?
I then noticed my ketchup didn't have a Arthur Treacher's company logo...and my sauces didn't either. In fact, they didn't have any company logo...just generic stuff, like the cups. Weird?

Sounds to me like the owner is taking shortcuts and I doubt the chain knows this is going on...(all locations can't be like this?) Anyhow, this place is ghetto. I won' t be back. I should have gone across the street to Chik-Fil-et.

I've got to disagree. While the aura of the restaurant isn't glamourous, the food is fantastic. Gotta try those hushpuppies. THE best I've ever had.

Your anal retentiveness about needing a special cup and lid for your kid to drink out of shouldn't diminish the rating of this place.

Posted by: Dr Bombay ()
Date: June 26, 2012 09:22PM

Lord Dukes Wrote:
> Dr Bombay Wrote:
> -----
> > Romano's Macaroni Grill Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Romano's Macaroni Grill is the worst dining
> > > experience we have ever had (no
> exaggeration).
> > The
> > > server (Aida) was rude and condescending. She
> > > ignored our table most of the night. We
> > understand
> > > if a location is under-staffed, but we
> couldn't
> > > help notice that her attitude towards other
> > tables
> > > was significantly different. Other than the
> > color
> > > of our skin (we are not white), we couldn't
> > notice
> > > anything different from her other customers.
> If
> > it
> > > hadn't been for our two little kids (3 and
> 1),
> > who
> > > were hungry, we would have walked out.
> >
> > It was probably because no one wants to deal
> with
> > 2 foul little kids. It's not a kid friendly
> place
> > but you didn't take the hint. I get sick and
> tired
> > of parents of litle kids who feel unwelcomed.
> YOU
> > ARE UNWELCOMED. Get over it and stick to place
> > that have plastic table mats.
>
> ---------
>
> Yeah, because that's why they (Macaroin Grill)
> have paper table "cloths" and give you crayons.

You are a liar. The crayons are for you ,Gump

Posted by: Homer ()
Date: June 26, 2012 09:59PM

Dr Bombay Wrote:
> Lord Dukes Wrote:
> -----
> > Dr Bombay Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Romano's Macaroni Grill Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Romano's Macaroni Grill is the worst dining
> > > > experience we have ever had (no
> > exaggeration).
> > > The
> > > > server (Aida) was rude and condescending.
> She
> > > > ignored our table most of the night. We
> > > understand
> > > > if a location is under-staffed, but we
> > couldn't
> > > > help notice that her attitude towards other
> > > tables
> > > > was significantly different. Other than the
> > > color
> > > > of our skin (we are not white), we couldn't
> > > notice
> > > > anything different from her other
> customers.
> > If
> > > it
> > > > hadn't been for our two little kids (3 and
> > 1),
> > > who
> > > > were hungry, we would have walked out.
> > >
> > > It was probably because no one wants to deal
> > with
> > > 2 foul little kids. It's not a kid friendly
> > place
> > > but you didn't take the hint. I get sick and
> > tired
> > > of parents of litle kids who feel unwelcomed.
> > YOU
> > > ARE UNWELCOMED. Get over it and stick to
> place
> > > that have plastic table mats.
> >
> >
>
> > ---------
> >
> > Yeah, because that's why they (Macaroin Grill)
> > have paper table "cloths" and give you crayons.
>
> You are a liar. The crayons are for you ,Gump

Posted by: Faccia Luna BLAH ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:04AM

Faccia Luna in alexandria!

The worst service in Old Town with sketchy food. Had a friend in from London and went there for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. The waitress, Gana, did not come to our table until 10 minutes after we sat down. Then never checked back with us after our meal came to refil our drinks. I asked another waiter if I could get a refill and then waited another 5 minutes, so I went inside and they both were just standing there at the wait station chatting. I finally got my drink refilled, but neither of them came out to see if we needed anything else after that.

Both of us had the Trattoria with Feta salad with salmon. It was mostly lettuce with little feta and only one small bit of pecan. Now, within 2 hours later, it's rushing us to the bathroom. And we had already been served the food before I went inside to get a refill, so it was not "unhappy with the service" induced by them or the chef.

Anyhow, I will seriously avoid this place for a long time. I should stick with Southside Grill next door. Never a problem or disappointment there!

Posted by: Don't eat at Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe in Woodbridge VA! ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:22AM

Food was horrible. I had the butterfly shrimp (Caramones Diabloes), the shrimp tasted like it had been soaked in lighter fluid. The lobster and crab soup was inedible. Cheese enhilada was terrible, cheese was not melted on the inside. Chicken enchilada was below average, lacked flavor. Only bright spots, the chips and salsa were good and service was good. One of the two worst restaurants I have ever been to.

Posted by: Uncle Julio's Rio Grande sucks ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:26AM

Don't eat at Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe in Woodbridge VA! Wrote:
> Food was horrible. I had the butterfly shrimp
> (Caramones Diabloes), the shrimp tasted like it
> had been soaked in lighter fluid. The lobster and
> crab soup was inedible. Cheese enhilada was
> terrible, cheese was not melted on the inside.
> Chicken enchilada was below average, lacked
> flavor. Only bright spots, the chips and salsa
> were good and service was good. One of the two
> worst restaurants I have ever been to.

Wow, I have never, ever, been treated this badly and I have dined in downtown DC. My boyfriend and I walked in for an early dinner at 430 and were greated by the hostesses (two of them) who asked how many in our party and a name. My boyfriend gave them his asked if we could sit on the patio, when they walked away we were confused. The place was empty, I mean really empty, perhaps five tables seated inside. After a no kidding 10 minute wait, the hostess came back and tried to take us out back to the side patio that faced a construction site. I asked her if we could please sit out front in the sun because it was really breezy in the shade. She responded that she felt the front patio was breezier and continued to lead us to the side. I stopped and again asked if we could please sit out front, after a dramatic sigh she turned around and led us out front where she promplty put is in the corner, as far away from the sun as possible, ans stormed off. Now this was our date night and neither of us was poorly dressed so it couldn't have been that we were dressed in and unapproved manner so I was a little offended. After about 5 minutes an employee came by and dropped off water, chips and salsa smiled and walked away. And then we waited, and waited, and waited, the patio wasn't busy and we could see five servers standing around and talking but no one greeted us or even looked our way. After 15 minutes of waiting and being completely ignored I told my boyfried I was done and wanted to leave. We went back up to the hostess stand and asked to speak to the manager. The hostess asked why and I asked her again to please get the manager. When we related to the manager what had happened and told him I was very upset he said, "Thank you for letting me know." and then held the door open for us to leave. I was shocked. I have related my experience to many of my friends and they have shared simlar stores back, or ones about having to pay extra for totillas when the fajitas came with just two, being charge 2 dollars for a side of sour cream that never showed up, being left to sit for over 30 minutes after food came out wrong, then getting the check delivered, never having gotten the corrected dish and still being charged for it. Don't waste your money coming here, it isn't worth it or your time.

Posted by: JD ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:49AM

Yeah, swore off Anita's in Chantilly years ago when I watched a guy bus a table, wipe it down with a nasty cloth, then, with those same hands, unwashed, carry our food to us. Done.

Posted by: JD ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:53AM

Arlington blvd. Wrote:
> how many peeps post under the name gordon blvd.?
>
>
> there's a red rocks in chantilly?

It's in Centreville but I swear it Is something else now.... I think.... It is at 29/28 intersection(ish), next to Velocity Grill.

Posted by: Anitas chantilly = rat trap ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:56AM

JD Wrote:
> Yeah, swore off Anita's in Chantilly years ago
> when I watched a guy bus a table, wipe it down
> with a nasty cloth, then, with those same hands,
> unwashed, carry our food to us. Done.

We visited Anitas Friday night for the first time. I had high expectations based on the recent publicity and tv ads we have seen. I am sorry to report that it was absolutely the worst Mexican food I have ever had in my life. I am not saying that to be mean it is the honest truth. The enchilada I ordered was just slapped together with nothing but tasteless schredded chicken inside in some red sauce and there may have been cheese on top. The dish literally looked like a plate of slop. Please folks save your money and don't go to this restaurant. The food is just awful. We paid 40.00 for two terrible dishes and two drinks.

The Chantilly restaurant looks like it's falling apart, there's cigerette butts all over the sidewalk leading up to the front door, in the grass and all over the outside patio. Inside isn't much better with a greasy looking carpeted floor and furniture that's seen much better days. The host never looked at us except to ask how many and threw our menus on the table. The waitress wasn't much better, she never smiled, didn't come back and offer refills or ask about the food. My son went to school with the owners daughter and we tried the place because of this but NEVER again. It's a rat trap with high prices for lousy tasting Mexican food.

Posted by: Wwwwwell ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:58AM

Its not glamorous, location isn’t great, and I get claustrophobic walking in the front door, but its been a legend for me for many years. Its about the 99 cent breakfast burrito ( now $1.29). I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone and bought 20 or 30 for fellow co workers, family etc. now eating 2 is lots, 1 is fine.

Anita’s doesn’t pretend to be anything its not. It does a huge takeout business, so you’ll always see landscape trucks and construction vehicles outside. English is not a first language here either but the waitress’ are generally lovely and great English. Want a Corona and Huevos Rancheros? This is your place. Its reasonably family friendly. It can be a bit loud, but not hateful. Sit outside and watch the 6 lanes of traffic fly by on route 50. Food prices are decent and the food is good.

After you’re finished go next door to the variety store, Truly a gem stuck in time, You’ll know the minute you walk in and the ancient hardwood floor creaks under your foot

Posted by: Piero's Corner Ristorante Italiano in Franklin Farm ()
Date: June 30, 2012 10:01AM

The food is to die for. LItterally. Its not good. We have been trying this place for a few years from time to time. Anything you get thats not a pizza is disgusting. Everything taste frozen and or pre-made. I usually get the whole wheat pasta marina sauce and meatballs. Tasteless. Also when I ordered to main entres to go, the young lady brings my order loosley bagged with no care, so I had to rebag it and secure it for the trip home myself at the bar. Then she says "and here is your pizza". I'm like... ummm.. what pizza? She was not paying attention when I ordered and for some reason thought I ordered a pizza. LOL ! Then instead of just making it right she spent some time making me wrong and her right. Whatever. Never going back.. Its really a sham.

Posted by: china ()
Date: June 30, 2012 04:02PM

China star at fair city mall

Posted by: UnFriendly ()
Date: June 30, 2012 09:15PM

Sorry but the hands down winner of this contest is Friendlies on Burke Center Parkway.
Granted, when you eat at Friendlies, your aren't expecting a Ramseyesque trip to culinary nirvana; in fact, when you eat there you should be planning to go home immediately thereafter to avoid a robust , water supply challenging battle with the shits. However, you do deserve to expect that you will at least RECEIVE your barely edible food, but alas, on multiple occsasions even this menial expectation didn't get met.
When you enter Friendlies you will notice that there is a platoon of employees waiting to disappoint you: some are misanthropic, educationally unsuccessful teens and some are defeated, financially folorn geezers but the two groups create a perfect storm of ineptitude based on ambivalence and incompetence in equal parts.
Based on the number of employess that are there I have often wondered how a restaurant that is almost always half vacant can afford to pay such a throng of idiots, and I have considered that it is merely a money laundering establishment for some sort ot organized crime, but no matter what when you enter you are doomed.
On multiple occasions I have entered with two small children , ordered , then sat half grateful and half pissed for 45 minutes while our food fails to make the journey from the kitchen to our table. If it were just myself, I wouldn't care, but my kids actually like the slop there and LOVE the ice cream, so I keep making the effort. All the while, you can see the teens chatting om cell phones and the geezers futiley trying to meet all of the same expectations that they have failed to make in the past, which is why they are waiting at Friendlies to start with. If the teens were smart, they would see their inevitable future in their elderly compatriots, but the barrier of youth blinds their vision. As for you, the customer, plan to leave dissatisfied in multiple ways

Posted by: @china star ()
Date: July 07, 2012 12:29PM

china Wrote:
> China star at fair city mall

NEW CHEF?

China Star was one of the greatest gems of Fairfax City and now there appears to be an all new chef.

The dishes are all drastically different (taste, texture, color) and its just not the same. The staff admitted that the chef had just changed and didn't say where the old kitchen maestro went.

I may be tied too much to the old but at this point China Star has lost its shine. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted by: Sterling Chipotle ()
Date: July 07, 2012 01:47PM

Whoever posted about the racial profiling at this restaurant is spot on. I go here about once/twice a week, and it's always the same guy doing the meat. It's obvious he hates everyone not hispanic. He jips me on rice, beans, and/or meat every single time, it is absolutely unreal and annoying.

Posted by: Big D ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:23PM

Thank you for plagiarizing my Yelp review. Write your own material, Fuckwit.

Posted by: Every Chipotle ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:24PM

If we could get away with spitting in your food, we would. We hate white people.

Posted by: Big D ()
Date: July 07, 2012 09:28PM

"'Do you have wifi?

We do, but we don't have the password.

How can you not have the password?

The manager has it, but he won't give it out.

Thus was my Monty Python-esque introduction to Frozen Dairy Bar & Boardwalk Pizza. They serve reasonably good chili dogs, but having to deal with a counter-lady whose IQ likely does not break into high double digits made it painful experience.'"

Thank you for plagiarizing my Yelp review. Write your own material, Fuckwit.

Posted by: Famous Dave Chantilly ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:29PM

Horrible, horrible service, mediocre food at this location.

Posted by: Cockmunchg ()
Date: July 08, 2012 12:04PM

Taco bell in fAir lakes always fucks up on the orders oh and minerva in chantilly

Posted by: china star ()
Date: July 08, 2012 12:34PM

They definitely have a new chef. We ordered our usual favorite dishes:

Lamb in a sizzling pot (cumin lamb)
Shredded Pork in Garlic Sauce
stir-fried eggplant
dried fried string beans
beef chow foon
steamed fish

Beef chow foon and steamed fish were good. If you had Beef chow foon there before, you know they make it differently than a Hone Kong Style restaurant. With this new chef, beef chow foon is the standard kind. My kids had 2 orders of beef chow foon. The steamed fish was flavorful and tender.

But all the Sichuan style dishes were different. The flavor of the dishes were too mild to be Sichuan style food. The most disappointing dish was the stir-fried eggplants. The color, texture and the flavor of the dish was completely wrong. The eggplants were supposedly to be crunchy on the outside and soft inside. And the sauce created a nice garlicky coating on the eggplants itself. The dish we had was nothing like it. We had to send the dish back. The manager did not admit that the dish were done differently or there was a new chef. She said the kitchen must made a mistake and cooked a different eggplant dish. When the waiter came back with the eggplant dish again, there was no improvement. The kitchen didn't make a mistake. The new chef just couldn't make the same dish.

We wouldn't go there again for Sichuan food. If we want beef chow foon or steamed fish, we would go to a Hong Kong style restaurant (like XO Taste). Well...there is no reason to go to China Star again.

Posted by: Viet Crystal ehhhhhh ()
Date: July 08, 2012 01:37PM

Dining at Viet Crystal gives off the same vibe and atmosphere as when eating in a Viet family's home -- particularly the feeling of being force-fed by someone's mother serving you TOO much food in one sitting. Just kidding, or am I?

Our server, and I think manager of this establishment, was quite nice, yet aggressive.

She walked over to our table while we were skimming through the vast menu and asked what we would like to drink..in Vietnamese. We looked up and gave her the ::blank stare:: look and then she immediately responds "oh sorry!" and reverts back to asking us what we want to drink in English. (Yeah, I get mistaken for Vietnamese pretty often. I'm Filipino, but it must be the light skin tone that confuses people. That and my Chinese ancestor blood). We order two Vietnamese iced coffees and a side of cha gio (crispy spring rolls).

She promptly comes back with our cha gio and drinks and asks us if we are ready to order. Though feeling a little rushed, we give her our orders because we already had dishes in mind prior to coming and knowing they offer pretty great rice and vermicelli dishes.

I had to go with the combination com suon with pork, chicken, and shrimp with rice with an over-easy egg on top and the SO went with combination vermicelli bowl with a side of pho.

We munched on the cha gio and sipped on our iced coffees while we waited for our main lunch entrees. There was a perfect ratio of coffee to milk -- strong, but not overpowering.

She comes back with our orders neatly presented and ready-to-eat with a side of extra utensils.

I liked how each type of meat was served on individual short skewers along with a mound of rice and dipping sauce on the side. My only complaint was the overloaded bed of spring mix underneath the meat and rice which got in the way of me scooping my rice onto my spoon. But overall, it was a perfect lunch portion.

I was a fan of the marinade or seasoning used in the various meat and seafood that came with our dishes. You can tell they took the time to properly grill it and overall authenticity and taste of each dish were definitely present.

The small side of pho seemed a bit too sweet for me, but I think that was the heaping full of hoisin's fault. Woops, will have to go back and try a full bowl next time.

I love how the lady makes you feel "rushed" (when really she's just being overly accommodating), yet insists you take your time. LOL, oh Asian moms and their mannerisms.

When she took our plates, she was happy that we enjoyed her cooking, just like any mom would be pleased to hear.

This is definitely a decent go-to when you want something more than just pho since Viet Crystal offers a full menu.

Posted by: Absolutely ()
Date: July 08, 2012 07:06PM

Piero's Corner Ristorante Italiano in Franklin Farm Wrote:
> The food is to die for. LItterally. Its not good.
> We have been trying this place for a few years
> from time to time. Anything you get thats not a
> pizza is disgusting. Everything taste frozen and
> or pre-made. I usually get the whole wheat pasta
> marina sauce and meatballs. Tasteless. Also when I
> ordered to main entres to go, the young lady
> brings my order loosley bagged with no care, so I
> had to rebag it and secure it for the trip home
> myself at the bar. Then she says "and here is your
> pizza". I'm like... ummm.. what pizza? She was not
> paying attention when I ordered and for some
> reason thought I ordered a pizza. LOL ! Then
> instead of just making it right she spent some
> time making me wrong and her right. Whatever.
> Never going back.. Its really a sham.

Absolutely, I went there on Father's Day and was told "the pizza man isn't in yet". People who came in 5 minutes later (and sat across from me) got two hot pizzas. And the service was terrible.

I'd never go back, even for a free meal.

Posted by: NBF ()
Date: July 08, 2012 07:57PM

Any place that attracts alot of niggers would automatically be at the top of the list of worst places to eat.

Posted by: ChrisB ()
Date: July 09, 2012 04:30AM

Cockmunchg Wrote:
> Taco bell in fAir lakes always fucks up on the
> orders

¿Como se dice, "That's not my effing order!"?

You better get out your Spanish dictionary if you have any hope of these people getting your order right on the first try. I can't count on both hands the number of times they've gotten my order wrong. I spent 10 minutes a few nights ago explaining that the three tacos they gave me were not equivalent to the five tacos I ordered.

Moreover, they are slow. It's June, so if you want your food by Thanksgiving, you ought to go ahead and place your order now. No joke, a 15-minute wait is not uncommon. This place should not be categorized as fast food by any means.

Otherwise, it's a standard Taco Bell. Questionable meat product that makes a tasty late-night snack.

Posted by: Panache Restaurant@ Tysons Corner ()
Date: July 09, 2012 04:41AM

I was with 5 friends and had dinner at this place. Spent $375.00 and had the "worst restaurant experience". The Manager/Owner was so rude. My friends are regular customers of Capital Grille but one of my girlfriends wanted to try this restaurant because we were planning a group party there in the near future. When we got there at 6:30 pm, there were 2 tables occupied in the entire restaurant ( which is a bad sign on a Friday evening)...and some crowd having a group event at the bar... nice interior but food was bad and service was the worst. The manager is so arrogant he talked rudely to my lady friend who was making the reservation for a future party over a question on party discount. He was irritated by the question and went ballistic......There was no apology over his outburst.

Obviously we are not having our party there but also telling everyone we know the place is nice but empty, food is bad and service is the worst ever... go to McDonald's instead!!

Posted by: Chics n Wings/Tysons ()
Date: July 09, 2012 05:20AM

Slow, not quite rude, but definitely not friendly service, bad food.I went to this place with two friends for lunch. One of my friends ordered a cheeseburger with no mustard. The waitress repeated the order back to my friend and appeared to write it down. Despite the place being almost deserted, after about 20 minutes, our very simple bar food order arrived and the cheeseburger had mustard and no cheese. My friend politely sent it back after re-convincing the waitress of the order. After another 10 minutes the same burger comes back with the mustard scraped off, but still clearly visible on the bun and meat, and a still-cold, completely un-melted piece of cheese added to it.The other two orders were right, but all three entrees were barely edible.

The ambiance was outstanding if you like sticky tables and the smell of stale tobacco smoke.

Posted by: russad ()
Date: July 09, 2012 05:28AM

The Fairfax Glory Days has a consistent trend of poor service. On my last visit, I noticed many dirty tables, which was odd since there were more waiters than customers. On one occasion, I waited literally 20+ minutes with no service. All the while, the servers were socializing as if they were at a party. A table nearby us, was also complaining about poor service. After my last visit, I sent a very professional email to the senior management team at Glory Days and didn't get a response. No wonder the service is so poor....the management team (if you can call them that) doesn't even care! On previous visits to the Fairfax restaurant, the food was merely mediocre (at best), but I should note that the service was was also very poor.

Posted by: Glory Days FFX - AWFUL ()
Date: July 09, 2012 05:31AM

russad Wrote:
> The Fairfax Glory Days has a consistent trend of
> poor service. On my last visit, I noticed many
> dirty tables, which was odd since there were more
> waiters than customers. On one occasion, I waited
> literally 20+ minutes with no service. All the
> while, the servers were socializing as if they
> were at a party. A table nearby us, was also
> complaining about poor service. After my last
> visit, I sent a very professional email to the
> senior management team at Glory Days and didn't
> get a response. No wonder the service is so
> poor....the management team (if you can call them
> that) doesn't even care! On previous visits to the
> Fairfax restaurant, the food was merely mediocre
> (at best), but I should note that the service was
> was also very poor.

Pretty much a miserable spot. I get this is a bar so my standards were already low going in. Little did i know that I would leave and never want to step foot in again.

We ordered wings and specifically asked for them to be double fried and crispy. They came out mushy. I asked for extra celery, didn't get it. The boneless chicken wings tasted so disgusting and definitely straight out of the freezer bag. The burger patty was dry, but the sweet potato fries were decent.

To top that all off, service was terrible. We couldn't even find our waitress most of the time! Maybe they are short staffed in general, but even when we needed extra napkins (of course, eating wings here!) we couldn't find her!

THEN, we get the check and they had double charged us on the wings....the wings that we had asked htem to take back and double fry. Overall, the experience was just quite terrible and I will not want to come back!

Posted by: @glory days ()
Date: July 09, 2012 05:53AM

God, the cocktails here are awful. Flat out worst drinks I have ever had. The Kentucky Lemonade was made with a lemonade mix and no bourbon. I had the Irish Coffee during winter and it tasted like chemicals. They never put in the proper amount of alcohol and the list of available cocktails is completely uninspired. Really, I don't know why they bother.

The food is the same you can get anywhere. Huge plates of full of bar food.

The service is dreadful. They take forever to come to your table and never check back. Every. Single. Time.

Posted by: SCROTUM ()
Date: July 09, 2012 06:10AM

Brion's Grille - BAAARF!
Attachments:
Brions-grill.jpg

Posted by: Ernie Banks ()
Date: July 09, 2012 06:21AM

"Glory Days FFX - AWFUL"

food is overpriced but do tend to get more food than one can eat problem being after several bites you don't want to eat anymore it tastes so bad

I don't eat the food there anymore. sit at bar have bottled beer and watch the ballgames on the big screen. not bad experience when that's all I expect of the place

Posted by: Springfield Hard Times ()
Date: July 10, 2012 05:19AM

2 Sunday's back was in Springfield area and decided what the heck I'm hungry I'll try Hard Times. Being a hot day I welcomed the well functioning a/c in the bar area. I also thought the picture quality on the 46 incher was great and decided to watch the ballgame for awhile. then things turn bad.

A full inning and half goes by with no sign of waitress. I didn't think the place was particularly crowded. I decide to go to bar and ask if they don't have waitresses I'd just as soon order at bar and take the food to a table. Bartendress said she'd get me a waitress. Inning later a waitress shows up with no mention of the long wait. Asks me what I'd like to drink and if I wanted a menu. I said diet coke and no didn't need a menu. She gave me a look like "oh so your a freeloader". She was gone before I could say I was ready to order. Upon her return many minutes later I told her I wanted a patty melt samwhich.

Well 2 1 / half innings go by before the food comes. While waiting and trying to enjoy the ballgame I found myself having to endure a pissing match over control of the jukebox by the Our Viet Cong kids and some odd looking(no really) rednecks on the other side of the bar. So the Our Viet Cong kids keep dropping dollars in the juke to play house/dance music which I hate and the rednecks play tired old classic rock. I don't want to hear no leonard skinnard no more. Interestingly when the house music is playing its way louder than the classic rock for some reason. Well with the endless wait for food and the loud crap coming from the jukebox I was ready to just split even if the ballgame was interesting.

Aw. but just as I was ready to leave the food finally arrives with again not word one from waitress about the long wait. Just drops the plate on table and she's off. Oh what a pile of awful food. The very lightly toasted bread tasted like it had been covered in half a stick of butter. yuck! and the tater tots were quite cold as if baked earlier in day and placed on the plate. I tried to overlook the cold tots by using ketchup but my bottle was empty. Knowing it might be 10 minutes+ till I might see the waitress I went about tracking some down for myself along with napkins. What an overpriced crappy meal it was.

When next I saw the waitress I asked for a diet coke refill and my check which she already had ready in her pocket and said nothing and went on her way. Man I really didn't want to tip her at all but left 15% and later regretting it. Bad food and bad service!
My 3rd time at Springfield HT in last year with each time getting worse. I frequent the Fairfax City Hard Times and is usually good service if okay overpriced food but no more Springfield.

Posted by: David Bowtie ()
Date: July 10, 2012 07:53AM

HolaAmigos100 Wrote:
> Tippy's Taco. You'll get diahhrea.

+1. Tippy's is a germ factory. Eat it and you will lose 10 years off your life.

Posted by: Jose Vargas ()
Date: July 10, 2012 08:45AM

Tippy Taco the loose meat comes from cows south of the border ole'

Posted by: ahgag ()
Date: July 10, 2012 10:58AM

Two- Romanos Macaroni Grill sucks, bad food, bad service and La Tolteca in Fairfax Station, YUK

Posted by: unimpressed ()
Date: July 10, 2012 07:20PM

Strictly on the principle of service, Buffalo Wing University's staff consistently exemplifies an utter lack of hospitality & absolute disregard for customers in both the bar & dining area, respectively.

BWU is all about informality(to say the least)since the spot is essentially a bar while the kitchen plays second-fiddle. However B-Dub's casual college atmosphere does not excuse its cast of apathetic, unprofessional employees.

Last time I visited, I arrived with two friends. Initially we sat at the bar area, which was becoming increasingly crowded during our first round. Having noticed the other areas of the establishment were empty, I let a server know we'd rather sit somewhere else.

"Ugh. I mean, I *GUESS* I could set y'all up with table..." was her aggravated response. The waitress' surliness was uncalled for, especially because there were no tables occupied in the dining area, nor within the bar area.
From there, at least 4 different servers approached the table we were seated.

Yep, not gonna spend another cent at Buffalo Wing University.

Posted by: ugh La Tolteca ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:14AM

ahgag Wrote:
> Two- Romanos Macaroni Grill sucks, bad food, bad
> service and La Tolteca in Fairfax Station, YUK

I've lived in burke for 15 years now and have only been there 3 times hoping it would somehow get better. it doesn't. When the food does come it's very mediocre mexican food. The cheese on my enchilada tasted like velveta, the chips and salsa are okay but you'd have to try to mess that up.

The 3rd and final time i went with my husband was about 4 months ago. We came in the waitress sat us and threw the menus on the table, and stormed off quickly..seriously?!! It looked like she was the only one working. After sitting there for another 10 minutes stupidly, we just left. We looked at the waitress and she just shrugged at us.

Posted by: agreed ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:15AM

This place should be renamed "La Tol-Gross-a" The food is disgusting. Mexican at it's most horrible....possibly mexican that has already been eaten and wasted by someone and served to another. It's downright gross! The servicer seemed a little pissed to be having to even help our table and we did not even finish our meals- we paid and left!

We were surprised how hopping the bar was though-maybe you have to get super drunk/wasted to enjoy this food......!?!

Posted by: PaulieG ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:16AM

What happened to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Seriously - it used to be a pretty good chain. It was never the best Italian food you could get anywhere, but it never was the worst - at least not before.

I've noticed a fairly steady downhill slide at Romano's over the last couple of years, and it all culminated at my most recent visit at lunch today.

I don't expect anything super awesome from Romano's when I visit. I just expect decent food at a decent price. Not amazing. But not terrible.

One problem I've seen over the last few years has been incredibly low client turnout. Which came first? The bad experience or the bad turnout? Who knows. At any rate, there's a good reason for it now.

They appear to have completely revamped their menu. At least, they layout is different than it used to be. It now sits on one, large piece of paper, whereas it used to be arranged in the classic "book" style. I can't say that I'm a fan, but it appears to be the least of their problems.

Today we got the $25 special for two - it comes with two tapas and two entrees. We both got the Carmella Chicken Pasta, which is rigatoni pasta with chicken and marsala wine sauce. This dish used to be good. I know, because I've had it on multiple occasions in the past. Well it's not good anymore. Neither of us finished our dish. We ate part of the apps, but they weren't all that appetizing.

The service was okay. It was slow. I noticed the servers no longer where white, button down, long sleeve shirts with ties, and at least today, the waiter didn't write his name for us upside down on the paper table-cloth. That's okay. I would have to have done all that nonsense if I was there, but then I have to ask myself, "Is that all that was holding them together before? White shirts and ties?" Who knows.

Their bread recipe seems to have changed to - that free bread you get at the beginning of the meal - it's not the same as it used to be. "Not the same" doesn't necessarily mean worse, but in this case it does.

I hope that Romano's pulls itself out of this downward spiral, but right now I wouldn't bet on it. This review obviously won't help them much, but the truth must be told.

Posted by: Buffalo Wing University Argh ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:18AM

If you are looking for a place to go, experience some world class, no don't wanna give 'em that kind of credit, ASS CLASS Douche bags, mediocre(being generous here)at best service by girls that need to act like they have no dignity, shitty wings, and a cramped college environment, then THIS is your 5 star spot!

For me, not so much. I will go out of my way to avoid this place.

I don't normally "hate" on places, and I won't start now, but this place has very few redeeming qualities, like curly fries and really good Ranch Dressing, and that is about it.

Food= Wings. And not even all that good, super small. OK, I just thought of another "redeeming" quality, they do a Crispy Chicken Bacon Sam'ich type of thing and it is good. The pizza we got was under cooked and doughy.

Service= It's a majority college kids it seems, and if you are not one of their friends/frat bos/sor sis, you seem to fade into the distance as you shrivel up, and wither away while waiting for a beverage, or refill. Generally slow, and selective.

Ambiance = Sports bar. That's it. OH, and a shit ton of country music, nickleback, and creed. Lord kill me now.

Beverage= Actually, Beer selection is fair, and it's cold. Ok, so one more redeeming quality, but honestly, it's cold beer at a bar. . .duh, it's a given(hopefully).

Price= For what you get, there is certainly better to be had. I know it draws a crowd for $1 bottle night on Thursdays, so if you go on a Thursday the price is good, but due to the howevermanycollegekids there, it would take 6 hours to consume a 6 pack. Wings are over priced considering the small size of the wings given. If this is truly a Wing University, I would drop out.

Overall= Maybe I am getting old, maybe I am getting cynical, maybe I just don't like that kinda crowd. . .what I do know: I won't go out to purposefully go there, I will see what other resources are available first, and if worse REALLY comes to worse, and I don't feel like gnawing my own arm off, I may just swing by. . .or see what 7-11 has instead.

Posted by: blech ()
Date: July 11, 2012 02:01PM

I saw Mimi's above. Yup, that place sucks.

Farther out, there is a pizza place in Middleburg called Teddy's. Not only is the pizza overrated, but the owner is incredibly surly.

Posted by: unimpressed ()
Date: July 11, 2012 05:17PM

Buffalo Wing University Argh Wrote:
> mediocre(being generous here)at best service by
> girls that need to act like they have no dignity,
> shitty wings, and a cramped college environment,
> then THIS is your 5 star spot!
>
> Ambiance = Sports bar. That's it. OH, and a shit
> ton of country music, nickleback, and creed. Lord
> kill me now.

Thank you, I failed to mention yet another noteworthy downside to Buffalo Wing University: questionable music selections by BWU jukebox DJs. As you mentioned, pop-country, John Mayer, Nickelback and an odd Linkin Park song from 2004 is a typical soundtrack. Fail.

Posted by: Mikey doesn't like it ()
Date: July 12, 2012 03:19AM

> If you are looking for a place to go, experience
> some world class, no don't wanna give 'em that
> kind of credit, ASS CLASS Douche bags,
>
> For me, not so much. I will go out of my way to
> avoid this place.
>
> I don't normally "hate" on places, and I won't
> start now, but this place has very few redeeming
> qualities, like curly fries and really good Ranch
> Dressing, and that is about it.
>
> Food= Wings. And not even all that good, super
> small. OK, I just thought of another "redeeming"
> quality, they do a Crispy Chicken Bacon Sam'ich
> type of thing and it is good. The pizza we got was
> under cooked and doughy.
>
> Service= It's a majority college kids it seems,
> and if you are not one of their friends/frat
> bos/sor sis, you seem to fade into the distance as
> you shrivel up, and wither away while waiting for
> a beverage, or refill. Generally slow, and
> selective.
>
> kill me now.
>
> Beverage= Actually, Beer selection is fair, and
> it's cold. Ok, so one more redeeming quality, but
> honestly, it's cold beer at a bar. . .duh, it's a
> given(hopefully).
>
> Price= For what you get, there is certainly better
> to be had. I know it draws a crowd for $1 bottle
> night on Thursdays, so if you go on a Thursday the
> price is good, but due to the
> howevermanycollegekids there, it would take 6
> hours to consume a 6 pack. Wings are over priced
> considering the small size of the wings given. If
> this is truly a Wing University, I would drop
> out.
>
> Overall= Maybe I am getting old, maybe I am
> getting cynical, maybe I just don't like that
> kinda crowd. . .what I do know: I won't go out to
> purposefully go there, I will see what other
> resources are available first, and if worse REALLY
> comes to worse, and I don't feel like gnawing my
> own arm off, I may just swing by. . .or see what
> 7-11 has instead.

Ugh. This place is where people go to complain about their lives and drink cheap beer. The food isn't very good and neither are the waiters. The wings aren't breaded and just tossed in the sauce right out of the frier. They have a ton of beer on tap and I've never seen so many bottles of Burnett's Vodka before in my life. But when you see the type of people that frequent this place, it doesn't surprise you.

Posted by: Wha happened to BWU owner? ()
Date: July 12, 2012 07:52AM

"Thank you, I failed to mention yet another noteworthy downside to Buffalo Wing University: questionable music selections by BWU jukebox DJs. As you mentioned, pop-country, John Mayer, Nickelback and an odd Linkin Park song from 2004 is a typical soundtrack. Fail"

When I frequented the dump I often had the overwhelming desire to tell them STOP THE MADNESS!

Do they still have world's nastiest bartendress? Al something? She was nasty unless you were a good friend. I could often hear her complaining about not getting good tips. Doh. Tried to avoid her at all costs but seemed to become the main bartender in the evenings

I always got impression the place was more for the employees versus the customers.

Posted by: viet ()
Date: July 12, 2012 07:55AM

I went here while I was waiting for an appointment at Salon Mint. I ordered a buffalo chicken salad and they gave me salad that was rotten. You know how you leave salad in a bag and it starts look like sea weed, all wet and translucent? Well this is what they tried to feed. me. They tried to fix the situation but after you see that do you really want another dish from the same kitchen? I paid for my bottle water and got out of there fast. This place reminds me of a bar at Radford University, but at least the food there was good.

Posted by: C*H*I*L*L*Y ()
Date: July 12, 2012 08:14AM

@BWU small wings.
horrible service.forgot my food...TWICE. ( out of a group of 7 I was da ONLY one she kept on forgetting?)

there are maybe 20 different choices of sauce for the wings.
"how's the SO & SO"
"never had that"
"ok how's the choice #2"
"i don't know *gigglez*"
"how about the CHOICE #3?"
"HEHEHE i DUNNO SORRY"
WTF are u really working here???the most unhelpful service I've ever met!

put TWO regular drink on bill when only ONE was ordered and actually DIDN'T wanna take it out by arguing with us. I don't mind paying that extra 3 bucks but they included gratuity because of our party of SEVEN. (thought it was 8?) which she def did NOT deserve!

SUCK IT wing university.if it wasnt for my friends dragging me out, i prefer glory days!

btw, ur all u can eat for 15.99. I ate 6 wings. i ordered like 234324 more and had it ALL in front of me and took it to go for the bf.
gawd, where do all these senseless, horrible service restaurants come from?! i sense another close down SOON.

Posted by: DAN THE MAN ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:06AM

I have had a poor experience here. Food was pretty high and of poor quality (burgers were terrible). Customer service stinks: had to ask for drink refills and two of us (had separate checks) were both short-changed and had to ask for the remainder of the change. (if you decide to go and pay in cash, ALWAYS make sure to check your change as it seems like they don't like giving out coins - they gave us each $1.00 when we only needed $0.80). Yes, not very significant but to the budget-focused person, this is important.

Posted by: Alan hates BWU ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:09AM

> If you are looking for a place to go, experience
> some world class, no don't wanna give 'em that
> kind of credit, ASS CLASS Douche bags,
>
> For me, not so much. I will go out of my way to
> avoid this place.
>
> I don't normally "hate" on places, and I won't
> start now, but this place has very few redeeming
> qualities, like curly fries and really good Ranch
> Dressing, and that is about it.
>
> Food= Wings. And not even all that good, super
> small. OK, I just thought of another "redeeming"
> quality, they do a Crispy Chicken Bacon Sam'ich
> type of thing and it is good. The pizza we got was
> under cooked and doughy.
>
> Service= It's a majority college kids it seems,
> and if you are not one of their friends/frat
> bos/sor sis, you seem to fade into the distance as
> you shrivel up, and wither away while waiting for
> a beverage, or refill. Generally slow, and
> selective.
>
> kill me now.
>
> Beverage= Actually, Beer selection is fair, and
> it's cold. Ok, so one more redeeming quality, but
> honestly, it's cold beer at a bar. . .duh, it's a
> given(hopefully).
>
> Price= For what you get, there is certainly better
> to be had. I know it draws a crowd for $1 bottle
> night on Thursdays, so if you go on a Thursday the
> price is good, but due to the
> howevermanycollegekids there, it would take 6
> hours to consume a 6 pack. Wings are over priced
> considering the small size of the wings given. If
> this is truly a Wing University, I would drop
> out.
>
> Overall= Maybe I am getting old, maybe I am
> getting cynical, maybe I just don't like that
> kinda crowd. . .what I do know: I won't go out to
> purposefully go there, I will see what other
> resources are available first, and if worse REALLY
> comes to worse, and I don't feel like gnawing my
> own arm off, I may just swing by. . .or see what
> 7-11 has instead.

This place is horrible, it takes you 30 minutes just to get a drink order (Multiple Occasions too), then it'll take another 20 minutes to get your order taken, and then another 35 minutes to get your wings, and then 20 minutes to get your server to tell them you need your BILL, then another 15 minutes to get the actual BILL, then God help you if have a credit card instead of cash...........Oh heavens.... Plus check your BILL cause 9 out of 10 time your BILL WILL BE WRONG!

Posted by: cryin ryan ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:32AM

Back in 2006, my friends had a happy hour every Tuesday night at BWU. The wings were tasty and cheap as was the beer. The clientele was what you would expect from a college bar, but nothing too sketchy. At that point, I would probably have given BWU three stars. Fast forward to last night and it's definitely getting one star.

I was out with some pals at Hard Times and we got a hankering for some wings, so we decided to reconvene at BWU. I arrive first and wait by the door for the rest of the peons. After a couple of minutes, I see a guy staggering up to the front with blood streaming down his head. Apparently somebody whacked him with a bottle. He gets cleaned up and then rushes outside to participate in some kind of royal rumble in the parking lot. By this time, the rest of my party had arrived and we decide to hightail it out of there. Unfortunately, the cops arrive at this point (with guns drawn), and block my car in. We're still hungry, so we head to Hooters and come back later for my car. Needless to say, BWU is banned!

Posted by: william ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:35AM

blech Wrote:
> I saw Mimi's above. Yup, that place sucks.

My wife and I decided we try Mimi's for breakfast since we hadn't gone out for breakfast in a long time. When we arrived, shortly after 9 AM on Sunday, the place was crowded, and we had to wait about 10 minutes, which wasn't too bad. The large crowd may be partially to blame on recent severe storms that shut-down other competing restaurants in the area because of no power.

After we were seated, we were served drinks and coffee promptly. However, it took about 10 minutes before the waiter returned to take our order. The wait for the food was a little longer than desired, approximated 25 minutes from the time we ordered, but I just chocked that up to the restaurant being busy.

THE ONE STAR - The biggest disappointment was the food. It was cold, cold eggs and my whole wheat toast was stale, hard as a brick, like it was prepared the night before. Wife's scrambled egg meal was equally cold. Not sure what happen, possibly the server forgot about us while our food sat ready in the kitchen.

Anyway, we won't be going back to Mimi's anytime soon for breakfast, though I've had lunch at Mimi's twice and it's been pretty good.

Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.