HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Petition to Charge out of county residents to use Clemyjontri Park (like Burke Lake)
Posted by: Clemyjontri needs your help ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:33AM

Friends,

I just created a petition: Clemyjontri Park Fairfax County Park Authority: Charge out of county residents a fee to use the park (like Burke Lake), because I care deeply about this very important issue.

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, click here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/clemyjontri-park-fairfax-county-park-authority-charge-out-of-county-residents-a-fee-to-use-the-park-like-burke-lake?share_id=KkEwQZFyWS

It'll just take a minute!

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word!

Park
------------------------------------

Looking for more ways to spread the word? Read our handy guide to promoting your petition on the web:
http://www.change.org/guides/promote-your-petition

Thanks,
- The Change.org Team

BACKGROUND

Clemyjontri Park, located at 6317 Georgetown Pike in McLean, is one of the first large-scale parks in the United States specifically planned and built so children with and without disabilities can play side-by-side.

It has a two-acre playground with carousel where children who use wheelchairs, walkers or braces, or who have sensory or developmental disabilities can enjoy a complete and unrestricted playground experience.
Use of the park has exceeded all expectations with nearly 200,000 children and adults visiting Clemyjontri each year.

The resulting wear and tear on the park and its unique play equipment and surfacing material require continuing and expensive maintenance and repairs.

On any given day there are many out of state licensed vehicles parked in the parking lot (often the ratio is (1/4 to 1/2 out of state license plates).

Fairfax county residents are in one way or another paying for maintenance through county taxes but out of county residents are using the park without compensating Fairfax County.

To assist with funding for maintenance, out of county residents should pay a fee to enter the park. Such fees are already being charged at other Fairfax County parks such as Burke Lake.

If the park continues to be over used and worn out without adequate money towards maintenance and repairs, the park could deteriorate and eventually parts of it may shut down due to safety concerns resulting from a lack of adequate maintenance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Petition to Charge out of county residents to use Clemyjontri Park (like Burke Lake)
Posted by: Shame on you! ()
Date: June 12, 2012 10:52AM

You want to charge for kids with disabilities to use a park? Like being a parent with a child who has problems does not already have enough out of pocket costs.

How about everyone must show their tax returns? Just charge the 1% an extra fee.

Better yet hold a fun fair and ask each parent donate what they can to the park.

Re: Petition to Charge out of county residents to use Clemyjontri Park (like Burke Lake)
Posted by: You stupidsss? ()
Date: June 12, 2012 11:18AM

Shame on you! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You want to charge for kids with disabilities to
> use a park? Like being a parent with a child who
> has problems does not already have enough out of
> pocket costs.
>
> How about everyone must show their tax returns?
> Just charge the 1% an extra fee.
>
> Better yet hold a fun fair and ask each parent
> donate what they can to the park.

The majority of out of county people using the parks are NOT disabled. If you go there the ratio of the disabled is VERY low. They could grant a waiver for the disabled. I would say about 98% of the people are NOT disabled.

Posted by: reallyapark ()
Date: June 12, 2012 11:20AM

As a Fairfax County taxpayer - I for one am GLAD to support this park and help the children (from anywhere) that have challenges and need a place to play.

Are we really that shallow that only "our" kids can play in our sandbox

Go back and read "I Learned Everything I really need to know in Kindergarten"

Posted by: Shocked Dad ()
Date: June 12, 2012 11:34AM

As the father of a child with special needs, I understand maintenance and other costs are an issue. Yet with the cost of my sons medicines, equipment, and physical therapy which greatly enhances his life and I'm glad to work extra hours to pay for it, charging non residents at this park is ridiculous. A collection jar, secured properly makes sense, as we all can do our part, small amounts add up quite nicely, but this park should be available to people and children of all abilities at no charge.

Posted by: why you no understand me ()
Date: June 12, 2012 11:37AM

reallyapark Wrote:
> As a Fairfax County taxpayer - I for one am GLAD
> to support this park and help the children (from
> anywhere) that have challenges and need a place to
> play.
>
> Are we really that shallow that only "our" kids
> can play in our sandbox
>
> Go back and read "I Learned Everything I really
> need to know in Kindergarten"

Read this issue with the maintenance costs:
http://fairfaxparkfoundation.org/projects/clemyjontri.htm

YES if a fee was charged there could be an exception for the disabled but the MAJORITY of out of state people are NOT disabled. Why do we always have to go with the most riciculous exceptions like his mom's dad's dog's neighbor's brother's son might be disabled so we should make the exception the rule?

Now what sort of cold hearted little BITCH do you have to be to gonna want to charge ANY kid to play at a damn playground.....................
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 12, 2012 11:45AM

really, O.P? REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!?

that's just effing cold.......................I mean shit, yo.

Mr "Morton" would be turning in his grave at the thought of it

----------------------------------------------

The Lebowitz Family Gift

Mrs. Adele Lebowitz, who envisioned this playground and park, generously donated this 18-acre property.

Clemyjontri Park is an oasis, preserved in perpetuity for everyone to enjoy. The park is the dream of our benefactor Mrs. Adele Lebowitz, who envisioned this playground and park and generously donated this 18-acre property.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments:
banner2.jpg

Posted by: duhhhh ()
Date: June 12, 2012 11:50AM

While I appreciate your attempt to encourage people to donate and help support our parks vs just using them until they fall apart, the actual financial statements on their website do not indicate any shortage of cash.

http://fairfaxparkfoundation.org/images/about/financial_statements_2011_2010.pdf

For at least the last 2 fiscal years they have been net positive in the $100k+ range.

Seems to be your concern about other people using the park is more about some form of elitism than any sort of viable concern of the parks financial stability.

Re: Now what sort of cold hearted little BITCH do you have to be to gonna want to charge ANY kid to play at a damn playground.....................
Date: June 12, 2012 11:56AM

looks to me like that sign says "where EVERY child can play" so I say let 'em!!

Charging ppl to get into Burke Lake Park(888 acres!!!) it is MUCH MORE than just a place children can play and is designed FAR differently than Clemyjontri (10 acres total). It's a different type of entertainment venue ENTIRELY.

You gotta hate kids pretty bad if you want to deny the disabled ones a fun day just cause they dont live here. Cause any able-bodied out of town kid can play for free at any other playground here............so that tells me right there that if we charge for this playground, we gotta charge for ALL playgrounds..................unless, of course, you are saying that cause they are disabled they should pay, is that it?

Anywho, I doubt anyone in the County would want to deal with the pretty obvious discrimination lawsuit that would come from that particular policy change - ADA was passed 22 yrs ago, lady - catch up with the rest of us, k?

edit - changed Burke Lake to Burke Lake Park (and the acreage size)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 12:25PM by Gordon Blvd.

Re: Now what sort of cold hearted little BITCH do you have to be to gonna want to charge ANY kid to play at a damn playground.....................
Date: June 12, 2012 11:58AM

@dhhhh - no fooling right? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then I say...................
Attachments:
op is a glorious winged faggot.jpg

Date: June 12, 2012 12:00PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> looks to me like that sign says "where EVERY child
> can play" so I say let 'em!!
>
> Charging ppl to get into Burke Lake (218 acres) it
> is MUCH MORE than just a place children can play
> and is designed FAR differently than Clemyjontri
> (10 acres total). It's a different type of
> entertainment venue ENTIRELY.
>
> You gotta hate kids pretty bad if you want to deny
> the disabled ones a fun day just cause they dont
> live here. Cause any able-bodied out of town
> kid can play for free at any other playground
> here............so that tells me right there that
> if we charge for this playground, we gotta charge
> for ALL playgrounds..................unless, of
> course, you are saying that cause they are
> disabled they should pay, is that it?
>
> Anywho, I doubt anyone in the County would want to
> deal with the pretty obvious discrimination
> lawsuit that would come from that particular
> policy change - ADA was passed 22 yrs ago, lady -
> catch up with the rest of us, k?

NO ONE is saying denying a disabled child. We are talking about all the able bodied out of county people. There are a lot of maintenance costs with all the equipment in the park vs open land in burke lake. Why is that so hard to understand.

Posted by: Puddin Taint ()
Date: June 12, 2012 12:17PM

> NO ONE is saying denying a disabled child. We are talking about all the able bodied out of county people. There are a lot of maintenance costs with all the equipment in the park vs open land in burke lake. Why is that so hard to understand.

Who is we?

Your petition says nothing about able-bodied people.

You created this petition with nothing to support your claim that it is "over used and worn out", you have nothing to support your claim that there is not "adequate money towards maintenance and repairs".

You also base your evidence on out of state license plates. There are tons of military families that live here, pay county taxes for their homes, but keep their cars registered out of state. Military families with disabled kids do everything they can to get posted here so they can take advantage of the great programs FCPS provides.

duhhhh is right... you're just an elitist who wants to keep the unwashed at bay.

Posted by: u are foolish ()
Date: June 12, 2012 12:18PM

Clemyjontri needs your help Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > looks to me like that sign says "where EVERY
> child
> > can play" so I say let 'em!!
> >
> > Charging ppl to get into Burke Lake (218 acres)
> it
> > is MUCH MORE than just a place children can
> play
> > and is designed FAR differently than
> Clemyjontri
> > (10 acres total). It's a different type of
> > entertainment venue ENTIRELY.
> >
> > You gotta hate kids pretty bad if you want to
> deny
> > the disabled ones a fun day just cause they
> dont
> > live here. Cause any able-bodied out of town
> > kid can play for free at any other playground
> > here............so that tells me right there
> that
> > if we charge for this playground, we gotta
> charge
> > for ALL playgrounds..................unless, of
> > course, you are saying that cause they are
> > disabled they should pay, is that it?
> >
> > Anywho, I doubt anyone in the County would want
> to
> > deal with the pretty obvious discrimination
> > lawsuit that would come from that particular
> > policy change - ADA was passed 22 yrs ago, lady
> -
> > catch up with the rest of us, k?
>
> NO ONE is saying denying a disabled child. We are
> talking about all the able bodied out of county
> people. There are a lot of maintenance costs with
> all the equipment in the park vs open land in
> burke lake. Why is that so hard to understand.

So are you willing to stand out there in a booth, determining who's disabled, who's not? Sometimes its hard to tell. It's been proven in countless research studies that people with disabilities and their siblings, friends all do better academically, emotionally, and on so many other important aspects that Clementyjori venues provide. Your petition is heartless, foolish, completely empty and is going nowhere. I seriously question your motives, as I have a feeling you are doing this to gain attention, and feel validated for some slight in life tjat you fee

Posted by: correction damn phones ()
Date: June 12, 2012 12:19PM

That you feel.

Date: June 12, 2012 12:26PM

Look, O.P. - bottom line is your petition is nuts. It's a playground. They are not gonna charge ppl to use the freakin' playground. WE. DONT. DO. THAT. HERE.

Posted by: sadasd ()
Date: June 12, 2012 01:04PM

added "The fee should be waived for families of the disabled."

What else do you want?

Date: June 12, 2012 01:04PM

To be perfectly honest, I've often wondered how long it would take the immediate surrounding neighborhood to claim that playground for their own to keep the ruffians out.

Posted by: qwqrw ()
Date: June 12, 2012 01:07PM

Puddin Taint Wrote:
> > NO ONE is saying denying a disabled child. We
> are talking about all the able bodied out of
> county people. There are a lot of maintenance
> costs with all the equipment in the park vs open
> land in burke lake. Why is that so hard to
> understand.
>
> Who is we?
>
> Your petition says nothing about able-bodied
> people.
>
> You created this petition with nothing to support
> your claim that it is "over used and worn out",
> you have nothing to support your claim that there
> is not "adequate money towards maintenance and
> repairs".
>
> You also base your evidence on out of state
> license plates. There are tons of military
> families that live here, pay county taxes for
> their homes, but keep their cars registered out of
> state. Military families with disabled kids do
> everything they can to get posted here so they can
> take advantage of the great programs FCPS
> provides.
>
> duhhhh is right... you're just an elitist who
> wants to keep the unwashed at bay.

"Use of the park has exceeded all expectations with nearly 200,000 children and adults visiting Clemyjontri each year. The resulting wear and tear on the park and its unique play equipment and surfacing material require continuing and expensive maintenance and repairs."

http://fairfaxparkfoundation.org/projects/clemyjontri.htm

Again you are stating a far reaching exception, they haven't had this issue with burke lake park. Where is the outrage there?

Date: June 12, 2012 01:08PM

duhhhh Wrote:
> To be perfectly honest, I've often wondered how
> long it would take the immediate surrounding
> neighborhood to claim that playground for their
> own to keep the ruffians out.

The petition states COUNTY residence, not just mclean.

Date: June 12, 2012 01:09PM

Why on earth are you petitioning the Governor and the State House and Senate? You probably should have included President Obama as well.

Elitist and stupid.

Date: June 12, 2012 01:23PM

sadasd Wrote:
> added "The fee should be waived for families of
> the disabled."
>
> What else do you want?

There's nothing to indicate the non-profit park service and it's current financial situation is unable to support the upkeep of this park.

Aside from your seemingly baseless financial claim backed up with no proof, what justification would there be for requiring a fee period, much less your also seemingly baseless claim that a significant enough number of out of county people use the park that it's causing undue wear & tear.

My suggestion would be to find something better to do with your day to day life than to sit around fuming and jumping to conclusions about license plates of people you know NOTHING about.

Posted by: asdas ()
Date: June 12, 2012 01:32PM

duhhhh Wrote:
> sadasd Wrote:
> -----
> > added "The fee should be waived for families of
> > the disabled."
> >
> > What else do you want?
>
>
>
> There's nothing to indicate the non-profit park
> service and it's current financial situation is
> unable to support the upkeep of this park.
>
> Aside from your seemingly baseless financial claim
> backed up with no proof, what justification would
> there be for requiring a fee period, much less
> your also seemingly baseless claim that a
> significant enough number of out of county people
> use the park that it's causing undue wear & tear.
>
> My suggestion would be to find something better to
> do with your day to day life than to sit around
> fuming and jumping to conclusions about license
> plates of people you know NOTHING about.

Have you been to the park?

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: June 12, 2012 01:35PM

I hope the homeless move into your beloved park and you step in their doody.

Date: June 12, 2012 01:43PM

qwqrw Wrote:
> duhhhh Wrote:
> -----
> > To be perfectly honest, I've often wondered how
> > long it would take the immediate surrounding
> > neighborhood to claim that playground for their
> > own to keep the ruffians out.
>
> The petition states COUNTY residence, not just
> mclean.

The lovely part about living in a region with such vast disparity in incomes and such relative closeness is the relative ease with which a more prosperous group can alienate a less fortunate group via manuevers that would seem miniscule and not problematic, thereby avoiding discrimination claims, while still achieving the end result of isolating the haves from the have nots.

Working off the assumptions that

A. You have 3 groups of primary users; immediate surrounding residents, fairfax county residents & others.

B. That 25 to 50% of all users are "others"

C. That those who live immediately surrounding the park would use it more often than someone from, say, Hybla Valley

You reduce 50% of the park's use by alienating anyone not from Fairfax (using the OP's claims of visitor levels).

Then you factor in that out of the remaining 50% of the users, 50%+ of those are probably from the immediate surrounding area and you see how this process effectively cordons off the park for the primary use of the immediate surrounding neighborhoods.

The fact that there is no sort of financial proof of this organization being in dire financial straits, unable to pay for maintenance at these parks, or operating at a net loss seems to be an indicator that the motivation behind this petition isn't really financial at all.

It's like me going to a bank, asking for a hardship re-fi because my house is to expensive for me to maintain when I'm already maintaining it, putting 10% into my 401k and putting $1000 a month into my savings.

Now, to top it all off by the time you factor in the cost of collecting these fees coupled with the number of people who wouldn't come anymore because of the costs, you very well may end up net negative on the idea and at the very least are not going to net much profit.

Certainly not enough to make a dent in the maintenance costs of this park if a $100k annual surplus isn't enough.

It's all around stupid.

Date: June 12, 2012 01:46PM

duhhhh Wrote:
> qwqrw Wrote:
> -----
> > duhhhh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > To be perfectly honest, I've often wondered
> how
> > > long it would take the immediate surrounding
> > > neighborhood to claim that playground for
> their
> > > own to keep the ruffians out.
> >
> > The petition states COUNTY residence, not just
> > mclean.
>
>
> The lovely part about living in a region with such
> vast disparity in incomes and such relative
> closeness is the relative ease with which a more
> prosperous group can alienate a less fortunate
> group via manuevers that would seem miniscule and
> not problematic, thereby avoiding discrimination
> claims, while still achieving the end result of
> isolating the haves from the have nots.
>
> Working off the assumptions that
>
> A. You have 3 groups of primary users; immediate
> surrounding residents, fairfax county residents &
> others.
>
> B. That 25 to 50% of all users are "others"
>
> C. That those who live immediately surrounding the
> park would use it more often than someone from,
> say, Hybla Valley
>
> You reduce 50% of the park's use by alienating
> anyone not from Fairfax (using the OP's claims of
> visitor levels).
>
> Then you factor in that out of the remaining 50%
> of the users, 50%+ of those are probably from the
> immediate surrounding area and you see how this
> process effectively cordons off the park for the
> primary use of the immediate surrounding
> neighborhoods.
>
> The fact that there is no sort of financial proof
> of this organization being in dire financial
> straits, unable to pay for maintenance at these
> parks, or operating at a net loss seems to be an
> indicator that the motivation behind this petition
> isn't really financial at all.
>
> It's like me going to a bank, asking for a
> hardship re-fi because my house is to expensive
> for me to maintain when I'm already maintaining
> it, putting 10% into my 401k and putting $1000 a
> month into my savings.
>
> Now, to top it all off by the time you factor in
> the cost of collecting these fees coupled with the
> number of people who wouldn't come anymore because
> of the costs, you very well may end up net
> negative on the idea and at the very least are not
> going to net much profit.
>
> Certainly not enough to make a dent in the
> maintenance costs of this park if a $100k annual
> surplus isn't enough.
>
> It's all around stupid.

The problem is that DC and Maryland are so close that there are a ton of DC and Maryland people coming to the park.

Date: June 12, 2012 01:48PM

duhhhh Wrote:
> qwqrw Wrote:
> -----
> > duhhhh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > To be perfectly honest, I've often wondered
> how
> > > long it would take the immediate surrounding
> > > neighborhood to claim that playground for
> their
> > > own to keep the ruffians out.
> >
> > The petition states COUNTY residence, not just
> > mclean.
>
>
> The lovely part about living in a region with such
> vast disparity in incomes and such relative
> closeness is the relative ease with which a more
> prosperous group can alienate a less fortunate
> group via manuevers that would seem miniscule and
> not problematic, thereby avoiding discrimination
> claims, while still achieving the end result of
> isolating the haves from the have nots.
>
> Working off the assumptions that
>
> A. You have 3 groups of primary users; immediate
> surrounding residents, fairfax county residents &
> others.
>
> B. That 25 to 50% of all users are "others"
>
> C. That those who live immediately surrounding the
> park would use it more often than someone from,
> say, Hybla Valley
>
> You reduce 50% of the park's use by alienating
> anyone not from Fairfax (using the OP's claims of
> visitor levels).
>
> Then you factor in that out of the remaining 50%
> of the users, 50%+ of those are probably from the
> immediate surrounding area and you see how this
> process effectively cordons off the park for the
> primary use of the immediate surrounding
> neighborhoods.
>
> The fact that there is no sort of financial proof
> of this organization being in dire financial
> straits, unable to pay for maintenance at these
> parks, or operating at a net loss seems to be an
> indicator that the motivation behind this petition
> isn't really financial at all.
>
> It's like me going to a bank, asking for a
> hardship re-fi because my house is to expensive
> for me to maintain when I'm already maintaining
> it, putting 10% into my 401k and putting $1000 a
> month into my savings.
>
> Now, to top it all off by the time you factor in
> the cost of collecting these fees coupled with the
> number of people who wouldn't come anymore because
> of the costs, you very well may end up net
> negative on the idea and at the very least are not
> going to net much profit.
>
> Certainly not enough to make a dent in the
> maintenance costs of this park if a $100k annual
> surplus isn't enough.
>
> It's all around stupid.

So is that a no? you haven't been to the park?

Date: June 12, 2012 01:51PM

We don't want your type here at Bushwood!
Attachments:
caddyshack hat.jpg

Date: June 12, 2012 01:55PM

> The problem is that DC and Maryland are so close that there are a ton of DC and Maryland people coming to the park.

And you know who those people are.

Date: June 12, 2012 02:05PM

qwqrw Wrote:

>
> The problem is that DC and Maryland are so close
> that there are a ton of DC and Maryland people
> coming to the park.

It's funny.

I've explained how the non-profit running the park is operating a significant annual net positive.

I've explained how operating at a significant annual net positive does not really indicate dire financial straits or impending financial doom.

I've explained how the lack of proof of impending financial doom does not support your analysis that the park is at risk of going under.

I've explained how your little plan could very easily result in a net loss for the park, not a net gain.

Yet all you keep coming back too, albeit grudgingly, is that people from DC & Maryland are using the park.

Your ALMOST there.

Just a couple more posts and you'll be ready for your Nicholson-esque breakdown where you finally snap and admit that your goal isn't about money, but about keeping the hoodrats out of your park.

I can see it now... "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

.... and to answer your question, yes, I use the park frequently. I live in the area. My 1 yr old is fascinated with the airplanes.

None of that has anything to do with you wanting to keep all those Maryland & DC people out of your park and your lack of a viable argument to justify it.

Posted by: Ignoramus ()
Date: June 12, 2012 02:27PM

OP is an ignorant heartless fool. Spend time on something you have researched. Really, use free time properly

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: June 12, 2012 02:29PM

I want evidence of the ratio of out of state license plates.

Posted by: tiredz ()
Date: June 12, 2012 02:48PM

duhhhh Wrote:
> qwqrw Wrote:
>
> >
> > The problem is that DC and Maryland are so
> close
> > that there are a ton of DC and Maryland people
> > coming to the park.
>
>
> It's funny.
>
> I've explained how the non-profit running the park
> is operating a significant annual net positive.
>
> I've explained how operating at a significant
> annual net positive does not really indicate dire
> financial straits or impending financial doom.
>
> I've explained how the lack of proof of impending
> financial doom does not support your analysis that
> the park is at risk of going under.
>
> I've explained how your little plan could very
> easily result in a net loss for the park, not a
> net gain.
>
> Yet all you keep coming back too, albeit
> grudgingly, is that people from DC & Maryland are
> using the park.
>
> Your ALMOST there.
>
> Just a couple more posts and you'll be ready for
> your Nicholson-esque breakdown where you finally
> snap and admit that your goal isn't about money,
> but about keeping the hoodrats out of your park.
>
> I can see it now... "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE
> TRUTH!!!"
>
>
> .... and to answer your question, yes, I use the
> park frequently. I live in the area. My 1 yr old
> is fascinated with the airplanes.
>
> None of that has anything to do with you wanting
> to keep all those Maryland & DC people out of your
> park and your lack of a viable argument to justify
> it.

Hoodrats? if you mean underprivileged people living in DC, I mind not because of their social or economic status but because they are not county paying residents. If Fairfax county residents of less socio and economic status want to visit by all means please come and use the park. I guess you don't mind people non paying people using up the equipment, over crowding the park and the parking lots then that's your opinion. I am tired of the long lines and the steady stream of out of county (assumed by the license plates) clogging up the park and not paying. Again where is your outrage for Burke park?

Date: June 12, 2012 03:24PM

Assuming that Out of state tags = non-county resident is a huge error on your part.

Posted by: Clemy for all ()
Date: June 12, 2012 03:54PM

OP - do you even have children?

And why do you care? Is Clemyjontri talking about shutting down? No. Is equipment falling apart due to poor maintenance? No.

Is this idiotic? Yes.

I will not sign your petition and will side eye those that do. It's ridiculous.

Posted by: There you go again ()
Date: June 12, 2012 04:19PM

This is typical of the liberal mindset under the guise of , social justice, makes it free for everyone make a few people pay, great until it goes bankrupt and everyone loses

Date: June 12, 2012 05:10PM

There you go again Wrote:
> This is typical of the liberal mindset under the
> guise of , social justice, makes it free for
> everyone make a few people pay, great until it
> goes bankrupt and everyone loses

Bankrupt? It's a damn County Park, dude. What are you, high?

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: June 12, 2012 06:28PM

I smell a Cruela de Ville type starting this petition. C'mon. For crying out loud, do you not have better things to do, like turning your 100 dalmations into fur coats or something? This park serves all, and thus it must continue for FREE. Seriously, buy a vibrator or something.

Posted by: Adam Smith ()
Date: June 12, 2012 06:29PM

FUCK YOU, OP! I'M BRINGING MY RETARD SON THERE AS MUCH AS I WANT AND YOU'RE NOT CHARGING ME BITCH!

Date: June 12, 2012 06:43PM

Now, now people, the negroes must learn that they are not welcome in Great Falls.

Please sign my petition now to preserve the sanctity of Great Falls!

Posted by: Bulldozer ()
Date: June 12, 2012 07:00PM

Given the stupid name for the park, it should just be bulldozed and returned to nature. Like the name Jack Kent Cooke tried to give to the area around Fedex. The stupid rich shouldn't be allowed to impose ridiculous names on the places around us.

Date: June 12, 2012 07:26PM

@Bulldozer - cant argue that :)
@Clem - next thing will be a petition to repave Old Georgetown Pike with white asphalt
NRA - beautiful imaginary, my friend. sooooooooo +1

Date: June 12, 2012 07:47PM

The post above IS NOT ME!!! Apparently my username has been hacked. I would appreciate if the administrator could remove it.

This is not a racial issue at all and We are not Racists!!! We once had a black maid. We loved her and treated her just like family. Unfortunately we had to let her go when she started to get a bit uppity and wanted a day off.

Anyways, please sign our petition! We just think that it is wrong for those people from DC and Maryland to bring their cripples and retards to our beautiful village.

It frightens young Chauncey III and the nanny has to bring him back far too early, interrupting my counseling sessions with Raul, the pool boy.

Date: June 12, 2012 07:53PM

is this your name?

like the fucking twilight zone

wonder how many people hacked your computer and will delete all your files for being such a cunt?

Posted by: Clemyjontri Just Got "Helped" ()
Date: June 12, 2012 08:16PM

> is this your name?
>
> like the fucking twilight zone
>
> wonder how many people hacked your computer and
> will delete all your files for being such a cunt?

LMMFGDAO! Well played! Awesome! :)

Date: June 12, 2012 08:42PM

Bulldozer Wrote:
> Given the stupid name for the park, it should just
> be bulldozed and returned to nature. Like the
> name Jack Kent Cooke tried to give to the area
> around Fedex. The stupid rich shouldn't be
> allowed to impose ridiculous names on the places
> around us.

Bulldozer, while the name is a bit odd, let's give credit to the lady who did do something pretty cool for local folks of all abilities. Yeah, that is a mouthful to get out for sure, but she did donate it. That alone kinda rocks, considering most people around here, take all they own and then some more.

Posted by: NRA 76 ()
Date: June 12, 2012 08:50PM

NRA 75 Wrote:
> Bulldozer Wrote:
> -----
> > Given the stupid name for the park, it should
> just
> > be bulldozed and returned to nature. Like the
> > name Jack Kent Cooke tried to give to the area
> > around Fedex. The stupid rich shouldn't be
> > allowed to impose ridiculous names on the
> places
> > around us.
>
>
> Bulldozer, while the name is a bit odd, let's give
> credit to the lady who did do something pretty
> cool for local folks of all abilities. Yeah, that
> is a mouthful to get out for sure, but she did
> donate it. That alone kinda rocks, considering
> most people around here, take all they own and
> then some more.

Seriously...+1. Bulldozer, if you don't like the name of the park then amass your own wealth and build your own. It was HER money, HER land so, yeah...HER rules.

Posted by: Clemyjontri needs your help white people ()
Date: June 12, 2012 08:50PM

>> wonder how many people hacked your computer and will delete all your files for being such a cunt?

My goodness! Do all of you from the "less desirable" regions of Fairfax use such vile language?

Chauncey II will not be pleased to learn that you cretins have erased all of his files.

Anyhow, please do understand our plight -- and sign our petition!

I am so thrilled to see that we are now up to six signatures, including Fuck You from Transylvania, NY and Die Cunt Die from Asshole, AL!

Posted by: Madzzzzz ()
Date: June 12, 2012 09:24PM

> is this your name?
>
> like the fucking twilight zone
>
> wonder how many people hacked your computer and

You mad bro

Petition to keep brown people out of Clemyjontri Park (like Burke Lake)
Posted by: Dejon Mustard ()
Date: June 12, 2012 09:43PM

Screw all of you racist bitches! I'm racing over right now to use your silly ass park!

Date: June 12, 2012 09:48PM

Clemyjontri needs your help white people Wrote:
> >> wonder how many people hacked your computer and
>
> My goodness! Do all of you from the "less
> desirable" regions of Fairfax use such vile
> language?
>
> Chauncey II will not be pleased to learn that you
> cretins have erased all of his files.
>
> Anyhow, please do understand our plight -- and
> sign our petition!
>
> I am so thrilled to see that we are now up to six
> signatures, including Fuck You from Transylvania,
> NY and Die Cunt Die from Asshole, AL!

Democracy at work. Yeah, sometimes it kicks ass :)

Date: June 13, 2012 08:18AM

tiredz Wrote:
I am tired of the long lines and the steady stream of out of county (assumed by the license plates) clogging up the park and not paying.

Cmon... we're ALMOST there. You can do it.

Your bullshit sense of entitlement is starting to show. Stop fighting it. Let it flow. Embrace your selfishness and bask in it's glory.

It's not about finances, it's not about concern for community parks or maintenance or disabled kids having such an amazing park.

Nah.... it's about weeding out some of the people using the park so YOU can have unrestricted access to the park whenever you want and don't have to wait in line like everybody else.

The fact that you singled out DC and Maryland folks specifically the way you did just indicates that your displeasure at having to look for a parking spot is heightened by the idea of WHO got your spot up front.

Posted by: republicans holla ()
Date: June 13, 2012 09:23AM

duhhhh Wrote:
> tiredz Wrote:
> I am tired of the long lines and the steady stream
> of out of county (assumed by the license plates)
> clogging up the park and not paying.
>
>
> Cmon... we're ALMOST there. You can do it.
>
> Your bullshit sense of entitlement is starting to
> show. Stop fighting it. Let it flow. Embrace your
> selfishness and bask in it's glory.
>
> It's not about finances, it's not about concern
> for community parks or maintenance or disabled
> kids having such an amazing park.
>
> Nah.... it's about weeding out some of the people
> using the park so YOU can have unrestricted access
> to the park whenever you want and don't have to
> wait in line like everybody else.
>
> The fact that you singled out DC and Maryland
> folks specifically the way you did just indicates
> that your displeasure at having to look for a
> parking spot is heightened by the idea of WHO got
> your spot up front.

This is real capitalism, screw this liberal freeloader shit. Just like all the northers who move south to escape high taxes and cheaper cost of living they come down to Virginia to suck up our resources. GTFO and go lick the boots of your precious community organizer.

Date: June 13, 2012 11:20AM

republicans holla Wrote:

> This is real capitalism, screw this liberal
> freeloader shit.

Yeah, just like real Republican capitalism.

Take a donation of land for a public park for free (freeloaders) and then try to charge *some* people to use it so its less crowded and easier for you to use.

BTW, FFX Parks Authority latest fiscal reports show a net positive change of 3.5% in assets between 2009 & 2010.

Every expense category for 2010 shows a net DECREASE in expenses between 2009 & 2010 in every category but Administration. Beyond that, Administration of the parks accounts for 20% of annual expenses, maintenance accounts for only 21%.

Fairfax Parks Authority is not in financial danger of not being able to maintain Clemyjontri Park. The Parks authority is operating at a net positive annually and improving their bottom line even in this period of economic turmoil.

Someone just doesn't want all that riff raff interfering with their use of their neighborhood park or infringing on their sense of entitlement.

"I can not believe Taylor and Susan had to actually WAIT 10 minutes for those other people to get off the swings. How RUDE of them to take up my parking spot and tie up the swings for 10 minutes straight. Couldn't they see us waiting?

We need to take our park back!

I swear, we should just start charging those people so they will stay away and let those of us who deserve the park enjoy it in peace & quiet."

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: June 13, 2012 11:34AM

republicans holla Wrote:
> This is real capitalism, screw this liberal
> freeloader shit.

If you want real capitalism, then buy a piece of land, develop and manage it from your own resources and charge admission. This was land DONATED to the county for use as a park and I believe donated resources were used to develop the park.

There are a few problems with charging admissions. First it costs money to do so, in some cases more than the revenue generated from the admissions. Second, depending on the location of the admissions booth you may develop traffic issues for surrounding areas. Third you have to police the property and surrounding neighborhood to deal with those who might be trying to avoid paying admissions. Fourth, the funds generated might not be reserved for maintenance on the one particular park, but instead may be diverted to other park needs or even to the County's general fund.

Der Marylanders Ist Verboten!!!
Date: June 13, 2012 11:34AM

oh.....alright. Maybe suggesting O.P a nazi is a little harsh of me .......................maybe..............

maybe not. But anywho, I'll just post a pic of O.P.'s dream of perfection would be. :)
Attachments:
confederate dream.jpg

Re: Der Marylanders Ist Verboten!!!
Posted by: Shocked in Springfield ()
Date: June 13, 2012 02:11PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> oh.....alright. Maybe suggesting O.P a nazi is a
> little harsh of me
> .......................maybe..............
>
> maybe not. But anywho, I'll just post a pic of
> O.P.'s dream of perfection would be. :)

Holy fuck...as I live and breathe...Blvd posts a pic and it's not unrelated?!?!?! (Pardon my double negative...)

Posted by: GFer ()
Date: June 13, 2012 02:25PM

> Now, now people, the negroes must learn that they
> are not welcome in Great Falls.
>
> Please sign my petition now to preserve the
> sanctity of Great Falls!

The park is in McLean, DB. We in bucolic Great Falls don't need to go to any damn public park - we've got our spacious back yards.

Posted by: Joe da' Plumber ()
Date: June 13, 2012 02:34PM

GFer Wrote:
> Clemyjontri needs your help Wrote:
> -----
> > Now, now people, the negroes must learn that
> they
> > are not welcome in Great Falls.
> >
> > Please sign my petition now to preserve the
> > sanctity of Great Falls!
>
>
> The park is in McLean, DB. We in bucolic Great
> Falls don't need to go to any damn public park -
> we've got our spacious back yards.

Enjoy your septic system and/or well, too...

Date: June 13, 2012 02:43PM

en route to clemyjontri park...

Posted by: Sure Thing ()
Date: June 13, 2012 09:07PM

NRA 76 Wrote:
> NRA 75 Wrote:
> -----
> > Bulldozer Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Given the stupid name for the park, it should
> > just
> > > be bulldozed and returned to nature. Like
> the
> > > name Jack Kent Cooke tried to give to the
> area
> > > around Fedex. The stupid rich shouldn't be
> > > allowed to impose ridiculous names on the
> > places
> > > around us.
> >
> >
> > Bulldozer, while the name is a bit odd, let's
> give
> > credit to the lady who did do something pretty
> > cool for local folks of all abilities. Yeah,
> that
> > is a mouthful to get out for sure, but she did
> > donate it. That alone kinda rocks, considering
> > most people around here, take all they own and
> > then some more.
>
> Seriously...+1. Bulldozer, if you don't like the
> name of the park then amass your own wealth and
> build your own. It was HER money, HER land so,
> yeah...HER rules.

Using this logic, you'd be fine with a big sign on the beltway that directs traffic to "FuckCockSuckingAssLicker NRA76 Park"
Just as long as the park was donated by a rich tool. Right?

Posted by: B ()
Date: June 13, 2012 10:44PM

I was just there today and noticed it was starting to look a little run down! And I heard a lot of people with foreign-sounding accents! OMG! They are flying in from Norway to use our park now!!

Date: June 14, 2012 07:38AM

@B - damn Norwegians........bringing their cheese here LoLz'
@sure - hey jackass. Park is a conglomeration of the names of the children used to live on the property, not some nasty words. Park is named that way cause of the HISTORY of the site. If you have trouble discerning between children and cussing then you need a foot up yr ass. And if you aint have nothing to give to the park, you have no reason to bitch about it's naming.
@Viscount +1
@Shocked - yr reading too much into my posts LoLz

Date: June 14, 2012 07:42AM

Sure Thing Wrote:
> NRA 76 Wrote:
> -----
> > NRA 75 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Bulldozer Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Given the stupid name for the park, it
> should
> > > just
> > > > be bulldozed and returned to nature. Like
> > the
> > > > name Jack Kent Cooke tried to give to the
> > area
> > > > around Fedex. The stupid rich shouldn't be
> > > > allowed to impose ridiculous names on the
> > > places
> > > > around us.
> > >
> > >
> > > Bulldozer, while the name is a bit odd, let's
> > give
> > > credit to the lady who did do something
> pretty
> > > cool for local folks of all abilities. Yeah,
> > that
> > > is a mouthful to get out for sure, but she
> did
> > > donate it. That alone kinda rocks,
> considering
> > > most people around here, take all they own
> and
> > > then some more.
> >
> > Seriously...+1. Bulldozer, if you don't like
> the
> > name of the park then amass your own wealth and
> > build your own. It was HER money, HER land so,
> > yeah...HER rules.
>
> Using this logic, you'd be fine with a big sign on
> the beltway that directs traffic to
> "FuckCockSuckingAssLicker NRA76 Park"
> Just as long as the park was donated by a rich
> tool. Right?

In defense of NRA 76, I have to say yes. Who gives a shit what its named? The main thing is the purpose, and it is a good one. And for Cruella de Villa to get her feathers ruffled up, wondering if this is you BTW, still no vibrator huh, is beyond ridiculous. The purpose of the park is where all can play, and I have seen children of all abilities and backgrounds using it, with families being able to interact in a positive manner. Oh, the horror! :)

Date: June 14, 2012 07:46AM

@NRA - I dont think the county would allow that though.........................not after all the trouble they went thru when they tried to change Hunter Mill Rd to RapeaMotherWithaFork Rd a while back....... LoLz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2012 07:46AM by Gordon Blvd.

Date: June 14, 2012 07:51AM

LOL Gordon!!!!! Funny shit!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: George Hanson ()
Date: June 14, 2012 09:00AM

doesn't Prince william and Loudon County spend pitiful amounts on its county parks?
So do fairfax county parks get overburdened from folks from these neighboring counties?
a fairfax county park system that has had its own budget gutted by the county government over the last few years just like the libraries

Date: June 14, 2012 11:25AM

@George Hanson ... nice try:

Loudoun spent $21.61 per resident in FY 2012
Fairfax spent $20.61 per resident in FY 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2012 11:26AM by Puddin Taint.

Posted by: GFer ()
Date: June 14, 2012 01:00PM

Joe da' Plumber Wrote:
> GFer Wrote:
> -----
> > Clemyjontri needs your help Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Now, now people, the negroes must learn that
> > they
> > > are not welcome in Great Falls.
> > >
> > > Please sign my petition now to preserve the
> > > sanctity of Great Falls!
> >
> >
> > The park is in McLean, DB. We in bucolic Great
> > Falls don't need to go to any damn public park
> -
> > we've got our spacious back yards.
>
> Enjoy your septic system and/or well, too...

That's the smell of freedom.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.