HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jamie's General Bean closed
Posted by: Dude ()
Date: April 29, 2008 07:32AM

I noticed this morning that Jamie's General Bean has closed for good. I searched around a little this morning and could only find a posting on Don Bridge's website that said she had sold to another entrepreneur so that she could concentrate on other locations. Anybody know anything else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jamie's General Bean closed
Posted by: Nick 0'Teen ()
Date: April 29, 2008 11:05AM

She opened another location in Alexandria. The Centreville place has been running on empty for several months since She was focusing on the other store. Lack of product, not well maintained. I heard that employees just stopped working because of late or no pay. Too bad since it was a good hangout.

Date: April 29, 2008 11:12AM

I heard the same thing from a former employee there about late/no pay...

Posted by: asdfla ()
Date: April 29, 2008 01:08PM

It was 100% no pay. stupid bitch

Posted by: Tweener ()
Date: April 30, 2008 09:18AM

Too bad. That was a good coffee shop. A variety of coffees roaster at the shop. Better than the over-roasted stuff from SBucks. It did get run down at the end though. I thought the lease ran out in June. Maybe the pay was why it closed early.

Posted by: JAMIE RESPONSE ()
Date: April 30, 2008 03:55PM

I tried to keep this place open.

THe problem was all the asshole liberal hippie types that wanted to sip one cup of coffee for seven hours, use my free wi-fi, and steal my condiments.

FUCK THE HIPPIES WHO DRIVE ME OUT OF BUSINESS.

Posted by: MissingFreshBeans ()
Date: May 01, 2008 12:24PM

Sorry about the hippies, Jamie. I liked coming in for two pounds of fresh roasted beans every couple weeks and getting out quickly. It was a very good product and I'll miss it. Hopefully I contributed to your bottom line while you were there. Good luck in Alexandria.

I think you should focus your marketing on moving fresh, locally roasted beans. That's probably more profitable for you than a cup of coffee, right?

Posted by: JAMIE RESPONSE ()
Date: May 01, 2008 01:57PM

EVERY OTHER DAY I HAD A KOREAN COME IN TRYING TO BUY MY BUSINESS OR REQUESTING I HAVE A SIGN IN KOREAN.

THEN I HAD SPANISH DEMANDING I HAVE A BILINGUAL MENU AND STAFF.

MY BEANS WERE GREAT.

THE SAD THING IS PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK STARFUCKS IS WORTH THE $4.00 they pay for shitty coffee, heavy cream and sugar.

Centreville will be KOREAN-SPANISH by 2010

THE POLITICIANS IN THE SULLY DISTRICT ARE RETARDED>

Posted by: Brewed Thru ()
Date: May 02, 2008 01:51PM

Yeah, sure blame hippies because you're shitty business person. Why don't you just admit you fucked up and over extended yourself. Why don't you pay your employees what you owe them and stop blaming others for your stupidity. Your beans are overpriced just like Starbucks and just as burnt so STFU, racist cunt.

Posted by: Stupid Hippy ()
Date: May 02, 2008 01:53PM

You dumb douchebag.

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:14PM

I can't believe any of you are dumb enough to think that was the actual Jamie speaking here.

Gullible people.

Posted by: JAMIECANKICKYOURASS ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:46PM

Suburbanite,
I bet you are a dirty hippy.
FUCK OFF

Posted by: MaybeMaybeNot ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:51PM

Maybe it is her, maybe it isn't. I'm reserving judgment for now.

Suburbanite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't believe any of you are dumb enough to
> think that was the actual Jamie speaking here.
>
> Gullible people.

Posted by: Chris ()
Date: April 13, 2009 11:39PM

THis is a really late response but....

I worked for her. It is true she Wouldn't pay us on time and when she did, the check bounced. She is a bad person in general. A great lier, she managed to stay a float on that on fact. Everyday someone if not multiple people would call the shop asking for late payments on something, she lied to her employees, and customers constantly. Not to mention her Boyfriend/partner...he was not allowed to know she smoked. it is a shame because the coffee shop its self was probably the best in the area....oh yeah and she never payed the taxes she took from our vary small and late paychecks which was a blast during last years tax season... I just hope she learned her lesson for Alexandria.

Posted by: my gf worked there.... ()
Date: May 15, 2009 12:19PM

My gf worked there for a period of time...

One day she is behind the counter working and two men come in...

The guys "Are you Jamie?"
Her "No"
The Guys "We are here to repossess the smoothie machine."

They guys snatched up the machine and out the door they went! Damn you know its bad when they get your smoothie machine! HA HA!

It sucks it closed, the coffee was great and it was a great spot to chill and listen to music. Towards the end it got kind of weird with those strange people dressed up like animals hanging out though.

Seemed to me like she was robbing Peter to pay Paul to stay afloat. Everyone (including my gf) who worked there never got paid on time, or got their W2's on time for that matter.

Went by there the other day and it looks like another coffee shop is moving in, maybe this one will stay open.

Havent been to her spot in Alexandria yet does anybody know if its good?

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: June 10, 2009 08:34PM

Jamie is one of the worst people that I have ever met if only for her slanderous and manipulative ways. I worked for her and literally kept that store afloat NY MYSELF. Attempting to sell stock that had not been replenished watching it wither on the vine... Jamie still owes me 1500 dollars on unpaid work and has made zero effort to return any number of nearly 100 phone calls that I have left her. She didnt rob peter she robber her employees as she was stupid and a bad business person. Her new place in Alexandria is awful as well... pretty much a glorified convenience store with the food to match. My life has been made wose for ever having met Jamie and may lord help her if EVER the IRS does any checking in on her.

Posted by: I use to work there ()
Date: June 10, 2009 11:27PM

I stuck my cock in the beans.

Posted by: HIPPIE WHO GOT SICK ()
Date: June 24, 2009 07:12PM

THE TRUTH IS JAMIE YOU WERE EVITECTED FOR WRITTING BAD CHECKS AND SCAMMING PEOPLE. YOUR STORE WAS INFESTED WITH RAT CRAP. YOUR HOMEMADE PIES WERE FROM GIANT. YOUR FREEZES WERE FULL OF MOLD. YOU LEFT THE BULIDINDG IN A DIRTY AWFUL STATE. IT IS PUBLIC COURT RECORD YOU WERE KICKED OUT ON YOUR WRINKLED OLD CAN( NO PUN INTENDED) I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW YOUR BACK ROOM WERE YOU KEPT FOOD AND SUPPLIES WAS FULL OF RAT CRAP AND EXPIRED FOOD. SO QUIT THE LIES ON THE HIPPIES. HIPPIES ARE FOR PEACE YOU WERE ALL ABOUT FILTH.

Posted by: peace and rat crap ()
Date: June 24, 2009 07:18PM

HIPPIE WHO GOT SICK Wrote:
> THE TRUTH IS JAMIE YOU WERE EVITECTED FOR WRITTING
> BAD CHECKS AND SCAMMING PEOPLE. YOUR STORE WAS
> INFESTED WITH RAT CRAP. YOUR HOMEMADE PIES WERE
> FROM GIANT. YOUR FREEZES WERE FULL OF MOLD. YOU
> LEFT THE BULIDINDG IN A DIRTY AWFUL STATE. IT IS
> PUBLIC COURT RECORD YOU WERE KICKED OUT ON YOUR
> WRINKLED OLD CAN( NO PUN INTENDED) I WONDER HOW
> MANY PEOPLE KNOW YOUR BACK ROOM WERE YOU KEPT FOOD
> AND SUPPLIES WAS FULL OF RAT CRAP AND EXPIRED
> FOOD. SO QUIT THE LIES ON THE HIPPIES. HIPPIES
> ARE FOR PEACE YOU WERE ALL ABOUT FILTH.

I dunno.. I've seen some pretty filthy "hippies".

Also, it's not very peaceful when you type-shout.

Posted by: I use to work there too ()
Date: June 24, 2009 09:42PM

Jamie hired me just to harvest my liver for transplant. She had me stay late one night to help "clean", but instead of having me clean out a cooler, she sliced open my stomach and took my whole liver out. I have to filter toxins from my blood using Britta Pitcher filters now!

That's not the worst part, the worst part is everyone thought AIG and the big financial giants were all responsible for the near collapse of the economy? Nope, it was all Jamie's doing. Oh yeah, and she created ebola and the swine flu.

Posted by: Former Bean Counter employee ()
Date: June 24, 2009 09:47PM

Yeah,she did do all those things. And it was not just ebola and swine flu. She gave all the fags AIDS too.

Posted by: Me too - former Bean employee ()
Date: July 28, 2009 03:09PM

Omg! I just returned home about two weeks ago after awaking from a coma at Inova Centreville.

I worked for Jamie too; I am a great barista (and in need of a second job to help pay my medical bills).

I am suffering from the after effects of a contusion just above my right ear. I got struck in the head bad.

The last I can remember is having made an early morning visit (about 3:30 am) to Jamie’s new store to see if I could find out if Jamie’s filing cabinet in the back where she keeps all her financial shit had enough cash to pay me what she owed me ($817.49) while I worked for her in Centreville. The last I can recall is bending over the bottom drawer thumbing through some folders. Nothing since then, until I awoke at the hospital. A few days ago, my attorney learned (from Prince William County police) that Jamie was sleeping behind the counter in a sleeping bag (she couldn’t afford the rent on her apartment) and heard me in the back. She is currently in lock-up awaiting trial (no bail).

Posted by: Zombie Dr ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:55PM

my gf worked there.... Wrote:
> Towards the end it got kind of weird with those
> strange people dressed up like animals hanging out
> though.
>

Furries?

Date: July 28, 2009 09:47PM

There has been a banner there for a couple of months now stating that a bakery/cafe is coming soon. I can't really see any signs of progress. Anybody know any details?

Posted by: kimchee pete ()
Date: July 29, 2009 08:11PM

Dude Wrote:
> There has been a banner there for a couple of
> months now stating that a bakery/cafe is coming
> soon. I can't really see any signs of progress.
> Anybody know any details?

Me bets it'll be a "happy time korean big white rhino penis" bakery or something. It looks like that old TV show, "Aline Nation" around C'ville with all the Korean scribble about. I'm moving, Korean BBQ joints too beauncoup GI, they numba 10!

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: July 29, 2009 09:03PM

How did she get away with not paying people for so long? People working in a coffee shop are either students, or people who live paycheck to paycheck. AKA people who need the money bad. She should have been sued in small claim's court or arrested if she knowingly passed bad checks.

I'm amazed that the employees didn't just walk out after vandalizing the store and equipment first.

Posted by: Jamie's where? ()
Date: July 31, 2009 05:03PM

Really. Does anyone know if Jamie is currently in business anywhere? I just spoke to a friend who lives at Watergate at Landmark and he says he doesn't know of any Jamie's General Bean.

hmmmm?

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: July 31, 2009 05:48PM

kimchee pete Wrote:
It looks like
> that old TV show, "Aline Nation" around C'ville
> with all the Korean scribble about. I'm moving,

buh bye

Why doncha head out to Front Royal or Warrenton...

Take your noose and confederate flag along, too.

Posted by: Marge ()
Date: August 24, 2009 11:07AM

So. Does anyone know? Has Jamie given up or has she resurfaced somewhere? Misha's is good, but don't want to drive all the way to old town alexandria for fresh coffee beans. Beanetics in annandale is okay but their supposedly fresh-roasted beans seem to be as stale as those in the big bins at safeway and giant.

Posted by: Beaner ()
Date: December 03, 2009 11:14AM

Marge Wrote:
> So. Does anyone know? Has Jamie given up or has
> she resurfaced somewhere? Misha's is good, but
> don't want to drive all the way to old town
> alexandria for fresh coffee beans. Beanetics in
> annandale is okay but their supposedly
> fresh-roasted beans seem to be as stale as those
> in the big bins at safeway and giant.

Yeah, fuck her employee's. That bitch served good coffee. Now where can I get her coffee?

Date: May 03, 2010 07:24AM

This morning Jireh Cafe & Bakery opened in the spot that used to be Jamie's General Bean. I didn't have a chance to stop in, but it looks like it might be a Christian type place. Anyone have any details?

Posted by: Sean ()
Date: May 03, 2010 03:50PM

I dropped an upper decker there a few weeks ago and also shit in the urinal a couple days after that. I wonder if my upper decker is still afloat?

Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: May 03, 2010 10:06PM

With Jireh in the name it could be Christian. I have a born-again relative who always says Jehovah Jireh -- the Lord will provide or something.

Posted by: camr ()
Date: May 08, 2010 11:47AM

I've been to Jireh Bakery twice now. They've done an amazing job on the place. Great coffee, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, etc... Unbelievable cakes too (they almost look too good to eat). They're very friendly, offer samples of just about everything, have fair prices and keep the place very clean. The upstairs is really nicely done too. I don't know what Jireh means, but its likely a Korean word, since the owners are Korean. I supposed I'll ask next time I'm there. Regardless, I think they're doing everything right -- and judging by the number of people in the place this weekend, other people must think the same.

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: June 06, 2010 02:10AM

Former Bean Counter employee Wrote:
> She gave all the fags AIDS too.

Well done

Posted by: a worker ()
Date: September 26, 2010 07:47PM

She has 4 other stores. two of which are on Fort Belvoir, 1 in Bethesda and somewhere else. I currently work for her but will be quitting very soon as soon as I get another job. Our pay checks suck, we never get them on time and she does not pay us for all of our hours. She treats everyone like shit and expects us to bend over backwards for her.

Posted by: Minofstra ()
Date: February 09, 2013 07:28AM

I noticed this morning that Jamie's General Bean has closed for good. I searched around a little this morning and could only find a posting on Don Bridge's website that said she had sold to another entrepreneur so that she could concentrate on other locations. Anybody know anything else?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.