HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Drivers Charged In Tuesday Crash On I-66
Posted by: Sprawl and Crawl ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:27PM

Drivers Charged In Tuesday Crash On I-66
Incident that shut down HOV lane remains under investigation
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/drivers-charged-in-tuesday-crash-on-i-66-c8915968

A four-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon on I-66 West remains under investigation by the Virginia State Police.

Spokeswoman Deborah Cox said two of the drivers involved in the crash were charged with reckless driving and following too closely, respectively.

According to the department's preliminary investigation, the crash was a result of a chain reaction that began when a Dodge Caravan, traveling between Gallows Road and the Nutley Street exit, struck a Honda motorcycle. The impact pushed the motorcycle into a Subaru Outback, Cox said, which struck a Ford van.

All of the vehicles were traveling in the left HOV lane.

The motorcycle operator and the driver and passenger of the Subaru were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, Cox said.

The driver of the Dodge Caravan was charged with reckless driving. The driver of the Subaru was charged with following too closely.

The Tuesday afternoon crash shut down westbound traffic on I-66 between Gallows Road and Nutley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drivers Charged In Tuesday Crash On I-66
Posted by: Sprawl and Crawl ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:28PM

Here's the pic from the crash:
Attachments:
a3a296ce81c4c9d02f9451f86709cb13.jpg

Posted by: Commuter ()
Date: April 14, 2012 10:17AM

The way many motorcyclists weave through traffic and between lanes, it's kinda heartwarming to hear of them eating some pavement.

Posted by: Evil Kneival ()
Date: April 14, 2012 12:51PM

I know what you mean. Eat pavement losers!
Attachments:
motorcycle_accident-18591.jpg

Posted by: WTF? ()
Date: April 14, 2012 03:15PM

"traveling between Gallows Road and the Nutley Street exit"

There is no Gallows Rd. Exit...

Posted by: Yo youngin' ()
Date: April 14, 2012 05:32PM

Let me try to help;

If the article had put an "s" at the end of "exit", then it would have inferred Gallows Rd. had an exit.

It was laid out correctly.

It meant the crash occurred between GALLOW RD., which 66 travels under it, and the Nutley Street exit.

You're welcome.

Posted by: Koan Rebreather ()
Date: April 14, 2012 06:08PM

"The way many motorcyclists weave through traffic and between lanes, it's kinda heartwarming to hear of them eating some pavement."

Let's see...the driver of the minivan was the one that was charged, along with the other driver of the car...how did the motorcyclist deserve this?

You sound like a typical suburban fucktard....

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: April 16, 2012 10:20AM

MiniVans are worse, much worse than motorcycles.

Usually driving a minivan is some arrogant soccer mom on the phone.

I can just see this, the motorcycle "in the way" of the Dodge, and the cunt driving the minivan on his tail to "teach him a lesson".

It's the shit you see everyday here.

Posted by: A Cameraman ()
Date: April 16, 2012 04:51PM

"The way many motorcyclists weave through traffic and between lanes, it's kinda heartwarming to hear of them eating some pavement."

The woman in the minivan was driving so fast and following so close that she managed to push the Suburu into the back of a Ford van. I'm not seeing how the motorcyclist had anything to do with the accident, other than being unlucky enough to be caught in the middle.

On the other hand, if the person on the bike had been doing the -safe- thing and riding between lanes like you suggest then they wouldn't have been involved at all.

And while the minivan and the Suburu were following too close, I'd bet money that the actual cause of the accident was a self-centered, Prius-driving, HOV-lane-clogging 'commuter' who hit their brakes for no apparent reason.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.