HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS SUmmer school
Posted by: George P ()
Date: April 13, 2012 01:40PM

MY 2 DS. Are faling Classes in High School. My son is a Freshman in High school and his failing Biology and Algebra. My other son is a Sophmore and his failing Geomtery. I couldn't find any infomation about summer school on the website. All I found was online summer school. Does anyonne know if they still ofrer summer school at fcps? Last year my son had to attend online summer school for a class he failed but earned an D and didn't learn shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS SUmmer school
Posted by: George ()
Date: April 13, 2012 01:41PM

FYI THE DON'T LIVE WITH ME SO DON'T BLAME ME FOR THEM FAILING. IS SUCH A QUESTION IM ASKING. WHERE CAN THEY GO TO LEARN THE SUBJECT WITHOUT BEING IT ONLINE.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: April 13, 2012 01:47PM

George - how about this, take action and be accountable for your failing children. After all, based on your posts, it is your ignorance and DNA that could be causing your children not to succeed. Help your children learn during the school year, not once they've failed. There is no such thing as summer school when working a white collar job. This summer you should find your children jobs paving roads and driveways.

Always here to help. Next question?

Date: April 13, 2012 01:50PM

I HAVE A GOOD JOB THANKS YOU VERY MUCH, I WORK AT DULES AIRPORT WITH TSA. I EARNED ABOUT 34,877 YEARLY. MORE MONEY THEN YOU WILL EVER SEE.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: April 13, 2012 01:51PM

Try calling your kid's school and asking them.

Date: April 13, 2012 01:55PM

Shadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try calling your kid's school and asking them.

They told me about the online summer school, but I want to know if they have a prative summer school that their grades will transfer when the new school year starts.

Posted by: dules ()
Date: April 13, 2012 02:09PM

I'm sure you do work at Dules Airport. They would never allow someone as retarded as you to work at Dulles Airport!

Posted by: keep calm. ()
Date: April 13, 2012 03:23PM

George Wrote:
> I HAVE A GOOD JOB THANKS YOU VERY MUCH, I WORK AT
> DULES AIRPORT WITH TSA. I EARNED ABOUT 34,877
> YEARLY. MORE MONEY THEN YOU WILL EVER SEE.

First off, George, please don't type in all-caps.

Secondly, 34k is not a lot of money- I made 34k when I was 19, and I'm a woman and still don't have my degree :)

Thirdly, summer school will probably only be offered if they were completely failing ALL their classes. It might be best to just let them repeat the classes to save you money. Or you can send them to Pimmit Hills or Mountain View alternative high school for just those classes but I believe there will be a fee. Don't quote me.

You can also try sylvian or one of those learning centers for a tutor for your kids since your TSA job takes up so much of your time. Good luck! :)

Posted by: Here's the word ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:19PM

I don't think FCPS has summer school (was cut a couple years beack). I heard that a lot of people go to school at Word of Life for summer school.

Posted by: Call local school ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:32PM

George,
They do not offer summer school classes anymore.
Talk to one of the advisors at the school and see if they recommend a tutor or something else.
Good Luck!

> MY 2 DS. Are faling Classes in High School. My
> son is a Freshman in High school and his failing
> Biology and Algebra. My other son is a Sophmore
> and his failing Geomtery. I couldn't find any
> infomation about summer school on the website.
> All I found was online summer school. Does anyonne
> know if they still ofrer summer school at fcps?
> Last year my son had to attend online summer
> school for a class he failed but earned an D and
> didn't learn shit.

Posted by: do ()
Date: April 13, 2012 08:42PM

Summer school was cut way back during the budget crunch, but it never completely went away.

Word around FCPS is that summer school will be increased quite a bit this summer.

It actually saves money if some dumb fuck is only a course or two shy of graduation. If you can remediate them during the summer and be rid of them for good, it's cheaper than having them around for another school year.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.