HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
random unimportant rant
Posted by: rpg ()
Date: April 12, 2012 10:59PM

Just wanted to rant but feel free to flame me all you want. Rode on 66 east one day and somehow missed the exit for 495 so i got off at the next available exit which goes to Tysons. Was in a rush to go to a family event so I made an illegal u-turn on leesburg pike between tysons and Fairfax square, knowing that there was a no u-turn sign. Not surprisingly i got pulled over immediately after. Admitted fault and received the first ticket of my life. Went to court to pay the fine. OK fine learned my lesson and paid for it. But noooo i just found out my insurance rate went up. Its not enough to just admit fault, skip class to be at court, wait for hours and pay the fine huh? Fucking hate life right now. Sorry, it has been a bad few months. Thanks for listening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: random unimportant rant
Posted by: ... ()
Date: April 12, 2012 11:20PM

You chose the wrong place to look for sympathy. Guess you figured driving doesn't come with consequences huh? Take a driving class, get your points back, and show your insurance. Maybe they'll lower your rate back down.

Posted by: jeanny ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:34AM

and obviously the poster above takes the opportunity to pile on cause he is not a human being and does not make mistakes other than every single thing he does-sorry to hear you are having a bad time "random unimportant rant", there are no humans here unfortuneatly, to listen, they eat their young.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:19AM

@Jeanny - I dunno. () at least had the intelligence and honour to give O.P. tips on what to do to fix the issue. I was told once by someone very wise that only a fool will tear a man down without being willing to take the time to help him back up. And () did that, at least in that post above. Just point that out, is all/
@() - they prolly wont. Economy and all that. LoLz
@rpg - happened to me too like a decade ago. Was going to a new jobsite, missed the Innerloop ramp without thinking about it, then took the Rt 7 ramp and BAM! It's sad to say this, but it's better to pull over on the shoulder (maybe back up, I dunno) if you miss the Beltway cause there's no other way to get off the highway without a ticket without luck. :(

Posted by: Judge Judy ()
Date: April 13, 2012 04:55PM

rpg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wanted to rant but feel free to flame me all
> you want. Rode on 66 east one day and somehow
> missed the exit for 495 so i got off at the next
> available exit which goes to Tysons. Was in a rush
> to go to a family event so I made an illegal
> u-turn on leesburg pike between tysons and Fairfax
> square, knowing that there was a no u-turn sign.
> Not surprisingly i got pulled over immediately
> after. Admitted fault and received the first
> ticket of my life. Went to court to pay the fine.
> OK fine learned my lesson and paid for it. But
> noooo i just found out my insurance rate went up.
> Its not enough to just admit fault, skip class to
> be at court, wait for hours and pay the fine huh?
> Fucking hate life right now. Sorry, it has been a
> bad few months. Thanks for listening.

My verdict...The OP is a huge...
Attachments:
crybaby.png

Posted by: FCPD ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:07PM

Oh stop being so emotional, OP! Christ...You made a U-Turn against posted signage. That's illegal and you deserved a ticket for it. Drivers who get tickets (even their first) are more likely to cost insurance companies more money in claims than drivers who don't get tickets, therefore raising your premium is a proven, appropriate business decision by your insurance company.

If you receive points on your license, volutarily take a Viginia driver improvement class AND continue to avoid tickets which will reduce/eliminate points and slowly return your insurance premium to where it was.

Finally, I re-bid ALL of my insurance (home, life and auto) everytime my premium is/are due. I don't change companies all that often but, I suspect in the 23 years I've been paying insurance, this practice has saved me about $1,000.

Posted by: welcome to the machine. ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:22PM

If that is all you have to worry about,,you can have my problems with death, taxes, a fucked up ex, dying loved pet, and getting fucked over.

If everyone threw their problems up in the air, you may just be lucky enough to catch your own.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.