HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What will happen if I completely stop watching the news for a month? (local Fairfax County news and national news)
Posted by: SquareEars ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:41AM

What will happen if I completely stop watching the news for a month? (local Fairfax County news and national news)

just a thought.... I actually haven't watched *any* news in the last week
and half because of work...

hmmmm....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What will happen if I completely stop watching the news for a month? (local Fairfax County news and national news)
Posted by: NotToWorry ()
Date: March 27, 2008 07:38AM

You'll probably just become a little better informed than average Fox News viewer. I mean, I guess you won't know as much about the Reverend Wright's sermons but I'm not sure that will hurt you.

Re: What will happen if I completely stop watching the news for a month? (local Fairfax County news and national news)
Posted by: Horst ()
Date: March 27, 2008 12:55PM

As horrible as 9/11 was, there are still many people around the world who
have not heard about it... I'm not talking about tribal people in Africa
or the Amazon jungle... I mean well-educated folks in Europe and Asia who
don't give a f**king rat's ass about the USA....

Just my three cents.

Posted by: theheisenberguncertaintyprinciple ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:05PM

Horst, you care to explain what that actually means? It means shit that they don't about it. How about this, let me ask you if you know of any recent major events in other countries. Of course some people are never informed, some simply don't care. We might hear about 400 people dying in a village riot in some third world country or a bridge collapsing and killing 900 near Islam, a bus falls over a cliff in Brazil and kills 43, I could go. But my point is, many people just don't have interest, maybe they are too busy with their lives. I will say, it's sad since a person should at least know what happened that day.

Anyway back to the topic's question. I think you will become a lot happier for a month. I always get depressed when watching the news. I wish they would talk about more good news, stuff that may not have the gore/carnage/crime details the average person looks for, but things that give you hope for society. I used to watch fox5 ALOT in the day, and am trying to cut back. I don't watch tv that much anymore now that I think about it, I will usually check cnn.com/us but that is also pretty depressing most of the time.

Posted by: gRAVIS. ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:49PM

9/11 is a hoax. It didnt really happen. Idiot. It was the spatula mAKING YOU ALL THINK IT HAPPENED, BUT IT WAS THE SPATULA TRANSMITTING SIGNALS THROUGH OUR BRAIN WAVES THAT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT HAPPENED. WHAT MORONS

Posted by: Concerned Parent ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:51PM

He's right, 9/11 is a hoax. It was South Lakes behind the world trade centers collasping.

Posted by: Native ()
Date: March 28, 2008 02:12AM

I have to agree w/ the poster w/ the very long screen name. 9/11 touched us so much because it happened near us and it was on every single news channel for the next couple of months after it happened. Not that the people on the other side of the world don't care it's just that it didn't carry the same impact as it did on us. I mean how many people know about chernobyl, it killed 4 times the amount of people as in 9/11 and the land is still contaminated 20 years later. I don't recall people making a big news splash about it here in the states. All because most people just don't want to have to worry about the events that don't touch our lives.

Posted by: What? ()
Date: March 28, 2008 07:09AM

Chernobyl didn't make news here in the U.S.? You've got to be kidding. I don't know where you guys are getting this shit. Every educated person in the world knows about 9/11. Anybody who doesn't know about Chernobyl here probably wasn't of voting age in the mid 80's. Get real people.

Posted by: The Truth ()
Date: March 28, 2008 08:48AM

You would have more time to start dumb ass threads that belong in off topic!! Go back to watching the news.

Posted by: E.J is still posting here ()
Date: March 28, 2008 08:59AM

Poor Expensive Jeans, he was gone one day and is already back trolling.

Posted by: hoax ()
Date: March 28, 2008 10:55AM

It was the spatula nigga!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 28, 2008 12:40PM

no, the real truth about 9/11 is all spelled out here: http://videos.repph.com/tv/south-park-10x9-mystery-of-the-urinal-deuce.html (go to 6:00)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: March 28, 2008 12:55PM

so... is there DNA in your shit?

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: March 28, 2008 01:18PM

SquareEars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What will happen if I completely stop watching the
> news for a month?

Don't stop watching....

Posted by: native ()
Date: March 28, 2008 03:00PM

hey gravis, I just got a raging clue

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.