HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Route 1 10pm last night--cops
Posted by: lortongal ()
Date: March 14, 2012 08:40AM

Anyone know what was going on last night around 10pm on route 1 alexandria? there were helicopters circulating, there were cops detouring traffic...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Route 1 10pm last night--cops
Posted by: obligatory ()
Date: March 14, 2012 09:01AM

The helicopters were indeed circulating donuts to the police below.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/78499-cops-use-chopper-to-buy-doughnuts

It is one of the great cop clichés, like having the DA on your back and playing by your own rules to get the case solved.

But officers in Albuquerque have taken the act of chomping on doughnuts to a new action-packed level.

Must sugar-loving cops get their doughnuts by strolling into a shop or by taking the squad car. But when you really need to munch on some sprinkles, there is a time when only a helicopter will meet your transportation needs.

Witnesses say two cops used a police chopper to buy a box of doughnuts from Krispy Kremes. The helicopter costs taxpayers about £40 an hour, but that didn't stop the pair swooping in for a snack.

They circled round their target several times before landing near the shop. Once officer jumped out, grabbed some doughnuts and then returned to the helicopter.

It then took off, sounding its siren as it went.

An employee at the doughnut shop said: 'I was angry, and I'm still a little angry. That's my tax dollars, your tax dollars. You've got no business flying in to get doughnuts.'

A police spokesman confirmed an investigation was underway.

'Between the two of them, I don't know how they decided that was a good idea,' he said. 'If they violated policy or procedure, they're going to get disciplined for it.'

-------------------------------------------------------
for good info, try:
Free online FCPD scanner feed http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15175/web
FFx County Fire and Rescue scanner feed http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=1620
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/78499-cops-use-chopper-to-buy-doughnuts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 09:03AM by obligatory.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: March 14, 2012 09:57AM

Probably another pedestrian running across the highway got hit.

Posted by: fart_muffler ()
Date: March 14, 2012 10:09AM

I don't get why people ask these types of questions. "Helicopters circling around whichever neighborhood," or "police cars all over so and so road," because no one ever gives a serious answer or even answers the question. Yet it's weird how people still ask the same questions.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 14, 2012 10:09AM

Yes,last night around 10pm on route 1 alexandria there were helicopters circulating, there were cops detouring traffic.

Date: March 14, 2012 10:13AM

My guess is that Jim Moran dropped a dollar and thought some child stole it. Police were called in to apprehend the monster child.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.