HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Congressman James P. Moran has a Democratic primary challenger
Posted by: FastFreddie ()
Date: March 10, 2012 02:09PM

Maybe this will send him back where he came from. :)

http://www.shuttleworthforcongress.org/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Congressman James P. Moran has a Democratic primary challenger
Posted by: Pilot Project ()
Date: March 10, 2012 02:28PM

Seems kind of weird and wonky. USNA and HBS graduates usually can hold on to their jobs longer. This guy seems to have been laid off from every place he's ever worked.

Not a big Moran fan, but I think he'll chew this guy up and spit him out in five minutes.

Posted by: honest jim has a challenger ()
Date: March 10, 2012 04:30PM

Dwerp
Attachments:
jim-moran.jpg

Posted by: honest jim is the man ()
Date: March 10, 2012 05:14PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A3237-2000Apr12?language=printer

The parents of the 8-year-old boy who allegedly tried to steal Rep. James P. Moran Jr.'s car Friday by claiming he had a gun have filed a complaint with an Alexandria magistrate and hired a lawyer, saying that their son did nothing wrong and was cursed and manhandled by the congressman.

The child merely admired Moran's Toyota, the parents said, adding that Moran (D-Va.) then grabbed the boy by the neck and cursed at him.

Moran, who disputed the parents' contentions, has not pressed charges against the boy but was obviously conflicted about how to proceed yesterday. Twice he reversed his decision, first telling a reporter he had decided to prosecute, then calling back an hour later to say he would not.

Poor Jim I bet he will be almost as stressed over this news as when an eight year old tried to carjack him.

Posted by: Convincing ()
Date: March 11, 2012 12:39AM

I just read Shuttleworth's campaign site. Quite an accomplished man, seems perfect for representing Alexandria and Arlington.

So, for those of us who would like him to retire Jim Moran, aside from sending money, what can we do to help?

Posted by: vote ()
Date: March 11, 2012 03:29AM

Convincing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read Shuttleworth's campaign site. Quite
> an accomplished man, seems perfect for
> representing Alexandria and Arlington.
>
> So, for those of us who would like him to retire
> Jim Moran, aside from sending money, what can we
> do to help?

Vote in the primary if it hasnt already passed, spread the word. The usual campaign stuff

Posted by: Alexandria voters ()
Date: March 11, 2012 09:28AM

The only thing more moronic than Jim Moran are the idiotic voters who keep electing this foul, corrupt, and incompetent jerk. Libs are incapable of learning or holding their dirty politicians to any standard of decency. Jim Moran is Alexandria's Marion Barry. Count on Moran to be re-elected in a landslide.

Posted by: I like honest Jim ()
Date: March 11, 2012 01:41PM

A loud mouth obnoxious Irishman, you dont see that everyday
Attachments:
medium_jim_moran_110408.jpg

Posted by: heyidiots ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:21PM

Moran is a great congressman

Posted by: Otis Campbell ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:23PM

heyidiots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Moran is a great congressman

If you don't believe it just ask him.

Posted by: ham bone ()
Date: March 12, 2012 04:30PM

I'm a Republican but have long been resigned to the fact that this District will be in the hands of a Democrat. That being said, there is no reason it needs to be in the hands of an incompetent Democrat. I always wondered how Democrats allowed this buffoon to stay in office. We live in a very educated, politically astute, and intelligent region. Surely the Democrats can put up someone better than Moran.

I don't know much about this Shuttleworth, but I will be voting for him in the primary. ANYTHING is better than Moran. I will be encouraging my Republican friends, neighbors, and colleagues to do the same.

Who knows? Maybe if enough rational Democrats combine with the GOP voters, we can finally get rid of Moran.

Posted by: Troop ()
Date: March 12, 2012 05:53PM

www.retirejimmoran.com

Posted by: blah moran ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:28PM

He keeps getting in because people in his district would vote for anyone as long as there is a D next to their name. Than you have a good percentage on government entitlements which is alwyas good for democrats.

Posted by: geney ()
Date: March 12, 2012 06:38PM

well we have Dave Albo so you can't get any worse than that

Posted by: Jason Howell ()
Date: March 15, 2012 10:38AM

Hello Fairfax Underground,

My name is Jason Howell and I am also running against Jim Moran but as an Independent.

I've lived in Northern Virginia for 25 years and have been in private industry for 20 years. Last Summer I was disgusted while watching the Congress debate and create the debt crisis. As a former accountant I was dissapointed that our debt got downgraded for the first time in 236 years. I knew this meant we'd pay more for our debt, suffer a weaker dollar and have higher gas and food prices.

The downgrade happened not because of our economoy but because of our politics. We have a clear choice in November this time: a 21 year incumbent that predates the internet and cell phones or 21st century innovation. For example we spend a lot of $$ on road and metro expansion when we know we'll never build our way out of traffic. I would facilitate more incentives for federal workers and contractors to stay home -off the roads. Companies like Booz Allen and Accenture already offer something like this called "hotelling." We have the technology.

I have made my choice. I have chosen to step outside of my comfort zone, step forward in front of all of you and step up to the civic duty of my generation to model success for future Americans.

Please carve your initials into the wall of history by replacing an incumbent with an Independent. Vote for me, and I will start voting for you.

www.VoteJasonHowell.com

Posted by: Amber Burrows ()
Date: March 15, 2012 10:50AM

I wish I lived in Congressional District 8 so I could vote for Jason Howell! If you do live in Arlington, McLean, or Alexandria please do yourself a favor and check out: www.votejasonhowell.com. It is time we had an Independent in Congress!! (and not just any Independent, but this one!)

Posted by: Felix Jarusewic ()
Date: March 15, 2012 11:35AM

Jason, if you can do anything to reduce the amount of traffic on the roads, it would be a godsend. I love the "hotelling" concept as I agree that we cannot build ourselves out of this mess. Population is well ahead of the infrastructure and these recent "improvements" only reduce the drives between bottlenecks.Sitting in traffic and idling at $4.00 a gallon is costly and to us business owners, unproductive. I like your thinking! Let's hear more.

Posted by: Mena Yousef ()
Date: March 15, 2012 11:57AM

Amen Jason! You've got my vote. We seriously need someone new in the 8th district. I am tired of the same divisive politics we see every day. I am tired of seeing the same politicians make the same empty promises that yield the same empty results. And I am sick and tired of the same politicians getting cozy with the large corporate donors so much that the majority of the voters (like people in the 8th district) don't have a voice anymore.

The only way we can fix this is to rally around an Independent like yourself and help you get a victory against Moran in November. I look forward to seeing you go toe-to-toe with a 21-year incumbent who has forgotten the real people that matter: us.

Posted by: Michael ()
Date: March 16, 2012 02:00PM

You have my vote Jason! Anyone but Moran in 2012! He has worn out his time in office and I think you are a great fit for the 8th Congressional District.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.