HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
kitten in fairfax cty
Posted by: not ()
Date: March 07, 2012 05:04AM

Ok to dispel as many BAD jokes as possible...I am not asian and going to eat them...I am not going to use them like pitbulls and fight them..

so...my question is where can I find a kitten w/out having to give my entire life history (fairfx cty animal shelter)then pay $130 or more after they decide if I'm an "acceptable parent"any pet stores that sell kittens?...not crazy about craigs list to sketchy...oh one more BAD joke...I am NOT looking for pussy....real answers would be appreciated..thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kitten in fairfax cty
Posted by: Dr. Dolittle ()
Date: March 07, 2012 08:05AM

Sure, take all the fun out of FFXU! Why be so selfish?

Posted by: Sarah McLaughlin ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:17AM

You don't want to fill out a form at the Animal Shelter, yet Craigslist is too sketchy? Perhaps pet ownership is too much work for you.

Date: March 07, 2012 10:22AM

I did'nt say I did'nt want to fill out a form at the animal shelter,I've gone that route in the past and have gotten animals....so...I am not some lazy ass____! who wants to go easy...I should have covered bleeding heart animal fools when I covered the joke part.....SARAH!!!!!

Now does anyone know where I can get a Kitten!!!!!

thank you

Posted by: nuttyturnip ()
Date: March 07, 2012 12:40PM

Have you tried the local Petsmarts? They do adoptions on Saturdays, I think.

Posted by: try this place ()
Date: March 07, 2012 12:51PM

providence park apartments, at the end of bob court, by the dumpster.

used to be a whole army of feral cats hanging out there, driving willie ( the little old lady on the first floor ) crazy.

you'll have the "pick of the litter", all to yourself, along with a heart thanks from willie.

Posted by: TabbysWidow ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:06PM

Posted by: Charles Barkley ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:32PM

TabbysWidow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's one.
>
> http://cl.jroo.me/z3/c/s/n/a/a.aaa.jpg

That's just turrrible.

Posted by: Washington Post? ()
Date: March 07, 2012 03:05PM

As far as I know, all of the pet adoption places are going to make you sign papers, and the kittens don't come free. On the other hand, those kittens are very well taken care of and socialized (I used to foster). You don't want a feral, and I wouldn't trust a pet store (been there, done that).

People used to put ads in the Washington Post for free kittens. Don't know if they do that anymore. You might look there.

Posted by: glick ()
Date: March 07, 2012 03:26PM

Petsmart in Springfield has more cats than they know what to do with. Go by anytime and check them out.

From the Fairfax Shelter:
How much does it cost to adopt an animal?
Dogs- $40.00
Cats- $30.00

Not sure where the extra $100 comes in but thirty bucks isnt that bad.

http://www.petharbor.com/results.asp?searchtype=ADOPT&friends=0&samaritans=0&nosuccess=0&rows=10&imght=120&imgres=thumb&view=sysadm.v_ftwy&bgcolor=333366&text=FFFFFF&link=FFFFFF&alink=FFFFFF&vlink=FFFFFF&fontface=arial&fontsize=10&col_hdr_bg=FFCC00&col_bg=FFFFFF&col_fg=333366&SBG=333366&zip=22030&miles=10&shelterlist='FRFX'&atype=&where=type_CAT&PAGE=2

Muggles on page two looks cool.

Posted by: 2 cents ()
Date: March 07, 2012 03:35PM

Petsmart usually works with adoption agencies. You can look at the cats at Petsmart, but you can't adopt one until the agency has an adoption fair. And again, you will have to fill out paperwork.

Date: March 07, 2012 03:58PM

glick Wrote:

> From the Fairfax Shelter:
> How much does it cost to adopt an animal?
> Dogs- $40.00
> Cats- $30.00
>
> Not sure where the extra $100 comes in but thirty
> bucks isnt that bad.

Yes, but the site also says you must pay a deposit for spaying/neutering before you can pick up the cat. That's where the extra $100 comes in. Still, you're going to have to do that anyway if you get a "free" kitten, so you might as well get it all done at the shelter.

Date: March 07, 2012 04:59PM

The $130 is as follows, $30 if the cat is spayed or nuetered,and hardly any are spayed/nuetered, the $130 is for non spayed cats,then a portion goes to take care of spaying when you go to an approved vet,approx $40,tried ffxcty

Posted by: Samhain ()
Date: March 07, 2012 05:10PM

Go to the pet store on Gordon Boulevard in Woodbridge. It is just called "Pets," and it way sketchy, but they always have kittens. If they don't have any, just ask when they will, because they probably know. If you have $100 bucks, then you will have a cat.

Posted by: Monty ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:15PM

Vienna Aquarium way back on Mill Street parallel to the W and OD trail/caboose sometimes has kittens available. Cash and carry. I always ask to hold the kittens and the employees are always super nice, even though I'm just visiting and not adopting.

Posted by: Jenny M ()
Date: March 07, 2012 10:54PM

The fees at the Fairfax Animal Shelter are very misleading. The last cat we got from them was not a very pleasant experience. The paperwork was no big deal, but we had to put our money down and the cat had to be sent to the vet of their choice which was way out 28 almost to Manassas. The fees they charged for the spay, shots, etc were way more than $100.00. All in all it was almost $300.00 for the whole deal. She is a wonderful cat, but cost much more than we had thought.

You might want to check Arlington County Animal Shelter. Their paper work is about the same, but they disclose all fees upfront.

Good luck!

Date: March 08, 2012 10:46AM

Do you run into problems adopting from a county shelter if you're not a resident of that county?

Posted by: best dog ()
Date: March 08, 2012 12:35PM

I'm a Ffx Co resident and adopted my dog from Arlington shelter. No problems at all. Good experience, great facility.

Posted by: Jenny M ()
Date: March 08, 2012 02:12PM

Fairfax, Alexandria and Arlington all take folks from adjoining areas. I'm not sure of other shelters, but if you are a NOVA resident those three will let you adopt.

Posted by: MarvinM ()
Date: March 08, 2012 10:58PM

I recommend driving out to Loudoun/Fauquier/Warren county and picking up local newspapers (or look online for the area's local newspapers) and checking the classified/free sections. Country folk aren't quite as uptight about this kind of thing. My sister found me a kitten that way. We had to go to W.V. to pick him up but he was free and no paperwork required. He is now a healhty, spoiled, 6 year old house cat named Newt. 8)

Posted by: John McLaughlin ()
Date: March 08, 2012 11:05PM

Sarah McLaughlin Wrote:
> You don't want to fill out a form at the Animal
> Shelter, yet Craigslist is too sketchy? Perhaps
> pet ownership is too much work for you.

LMMFGDAO! Nice post, "Sarah"! :)

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: March 09, 2012 01:33AM

try this place Wrote:
> providence park apartments, at the end of bob
> court, by the dumpster.
>
> used to be a whole army of feral cats hanging out
> there, driving willie ( the little old lady on the
> first floor ) crazy.
>
> you'll have the "pick of the litter", all to
> yourself, along with a heart thanks from willie.

Really, just wait until spring or summer. The feral cats will have litters one after the other.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: fff ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:37PM

Monty Wrote:
> Vienna Aquarium way back on Mill Street parallel
> to the W and OD trail/caboose sometimes has
> kittens available. Cash and carry. I always ask
> to hold the kittens and the employees are always
> super nice, even though I'm just visiting and not
> adopting.

Vienna Aquqrium recently moved to Leesburg.

Posted by: kitten torture ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:46PM

Dont let the poster named MrMephisto see a kitten, he will stomp it to death, he loves videos of animals being abused.

edit by Cary: This is an example of the type of trolling "Alias" brought. I will reveal the IP address in this instance since it's obviously a proxy or tor exit-node. This poster's IP address is 69.247.223.72 aka c-69-247-223-72.hsd1.mo.comcast.net. This poster is also responsible for the wave of anti-jewish and anti-catholic material on the board in recent days. Many of this user's post have been removed but I will add this comment to those which remain. Please see this thread for more information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2012 08:48PM by Cary.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.