HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Woodson Football 'Trap'
Posted by: Bored Spectator ()
Date: March 04, 2012 07:32AM

Does anyone know if the Woodson coach has added any other plays to the playbook for next year. They ran the TRAP every damn play. Has the coach had a chance to go watch any Pee Wee football games to learn any new plays for his HS team this year? Worst coaching I've ever witnessed last season and I've been a local fan for many years. Apparently it is so bad that the football players around the school all joke about running the 'TRAP' every play.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woodson Football 'Trap'
Posted by: just watch and stfu ()
Date: March 04, 2012 08:23AM

Why dont you call him up and ask him yourself, he cant be that hard to locate. Im sure he would love to hear from another adult that cant volunteer their time but can volunteer an opinion.

Posted by: coachroach ()
Date: March 04, 2012 08:29AM

we're running new plays in the future for the team. We got the 'Coast Guard Guard,' the 'Battleturd,' the 'flying woman,' and the 'Warm Vagina.' Now I just gotta whip those maggots into shape by the start of next season or my name isn't Coach Roach!

Posted by: cavfan1 ()
Date: March 04, 2012 10:38AM

Bored Spectator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know if the Woodson coach has added
> any other plays to the playbook for next year.
> They ran the TRAP every damn play. Has the coach
> had a chance to go watch any Pee Wee football
> games to learn any new plays for his HS team this
> year? Worst coaching I've ever witnessed last
> season and I've been a local fan for many years.
> Apparently it is so bad that the football players
> around the school all joke about running the
> 'TRAP' every play.

Soundslike a parent who was unhappy because their kid didnt get the ball.
The staff did the best they could with what they had, which wasnt very much!

I saw them play at least 6 or 7 games, they did more then run the trap.They tried to mix it up and tried to be balanced. However, the players were not very talented, and didnt buy into the system.They tried to throw the ball, but the QB struggled.The only thing they had were Stokes and Dash. They tried to get the ball in thier hands as much as possible.

When a new staff comes in, it takes some time for them to get the program going. Look at Robinson, they struggled with a new staff.

The coaching staff will be fine, let them do their job.
This year you will see a much different team.

Posted by: Tank ()
Date: March 05, 2012 12:00AM

The offensive coordinator left to become a wrestling coach so it will be a new offense this season.

Posted by: Smart guy ()
Date: March 05, 2012 06:13AM

You idiot, the head coach ran that terrible offense last season. Wont get any better cuz Skill players are worse this upcpming season. Woodson has no rb, wrs, and the best qb is the young backup. The d might be better though. Played a lot of young guys on d last year.

Posted by: NOVA Coach ()
Date: March 05, 2012 07:46PM

I am a D Coordinator for a school in Woodson's league. (For the sake of your DSA calling my DSA, I will not say which school) and this is some funny sh*t I'm reading on here.

Now...I have never gone on Virginia Preps or anything like that and bashed a coach but lets be honest here folks. This Woodson coaching staff are a bunch of retards. I have never had an easier game to gameplan against. If they are on the left hash, they run sweep right. If they are in the middle they run trap, and if they are on the right hash...they run sweep left. AND THATS IT! I may be a bit biased because I have not had the opportunity to be a head coach so all I have to do is run a defense, and running an entire program can be overwhelming. However...they are retards and no one can make an argument against that. They are absolutely positively inept. It is the worst offense I have ever watched on a film. If you give that coach Centreville's or Westfield's players...those schools would have obviously won more than 2 games like Woodson did. But...They would have only won like maybe 3. Let the parents complain if they wish on here...I would too if I had a son on that team.

Posted by: LiarLiar ()
Date: March 05, 2012 10:23PM

NOVA Coach Wrote:
> I am a D Coordinator for a school in Woodson's
> league. (For the sake of your DSA calling my DSA,
> I will not say which school) and this is some
> funny sh*t I'm reading on here.
>
> Now...I have never gone on Virginia Preps or
> anything like that and bashed a coach but lets be
> honest here folks. This Woodson coaching staff
> are a bunch of retards. I have never had an
> easier game to gameplan against. If they are on
> the left hash, they run sweep right. If they are
> in the middle they run trap, and if they are on
> the right hash...they run sweep left. AND THATS
> IT! I may be a bit biased because I have not had
> the opportunity to be a head coach so all I have
> to do is run a defense, and running an entire
> program can be overwhelming. However...they are
> retards and no one can make an argument against
> that. They are absolutely positively inept. It
> is the worst offense I have ever watched on a
> film. If you give that coach Centreville's or
> Westfield's players...those schools would have
> obviously won more than 2 games like Woodson did.
> But...They would have only won like maybe 3. Let
> the parents complain if they wish on here...I
> would too if I had a son on that team.

This is complete Bullshit... OMG whats is going on with Woodson parents on here and really who cares? The team and school are irrelevant

Posted by: Joe Maune ()
Date: March 05, 2012 10:26PM

Bryce before you say anything, shut the fuck up

Posted by: Coach ()
Date: March 07, 2012 01:43PM

I've got news for all of you Woodson retards...its not just the parents and players who think you guys suck. Why are people even wasting their breath talking about your shitty school and football program. You guys suck and we will continue to beat the hell out of you until you guys make some major changes. #1 would be to stop blaming parents and players (I assume Bryce is a parent of some kid) and start realizing your coaches actually do suck and you really need to look in the mirror and stop assuming its only the parents and players that think you suck. because let me tell you...all of us coaches in the league KNOW you are complete garbage and this is just payback for knocking us out of the playoffs when you guys had Taylor as your coach. All the crap he talke...doesnt matter if hes at another school, we promised we would beat you for many years and we are LIVING that now!!

Posted by: insert "balls" ()
Date: March 08, 2012 08:08AM

Its not only Trap you have to stop. You better learn to stop Waggle, buck sweep and belly.

Posted by: retards ()
Date: March 16, 2012 05:38PM

insert "balls" Wrote:
> Its not only Trap you have to stop. You better
> learn to stop Waggle, buck sweep and belly.

Ohhhh no. 4 plays. They had more football plays back when they wore leather helmets. This is just another example of Fairfax County at its best. Hire a bunch of football coaches with the combined IQ of a squirrel. My 13 year old son seriously knows football better than this group of coaches at Woodson. Absolutely priceless.

Posted by: Worst Team in America ()
Date: March 22, 2012 10:06PM

I have to agree with 'retards'. My son plays pop warner and we went to a game last season and were very excited to watch a high school game. I could not have been more disappointed in what I saw. My sons team runs more plays than that...and I did not see any blitzes from the Woodson defense....and they had like 3 punts blocked. I am now looking into private school options for my boy. I refuse to let him play for a program that is most likely the worst coached in America.

Posted by: CavParent ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:20PM

These posts may be hard for some to read, But I have to agree with what they are saying. I am hoping for improvement and my son will still be playing. However, I am hoping the coaches took the offseason to get brushed up on some coaching training and clinics as it definately wouldnt hurt to do that based on what I saw as a spectator with a son on the team. This isnt just something the parents are frustrated with, my son and the majority of the team are all frustrated by the play calling and have zero confidence in this staff. Hopefully the staff got trained up and can gain the teams confidence back and have a successful season. Winning isnt everything, but it makes all that hard work and time they sacrafice worth it. Go Cavs!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.