HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Willian F Buckley
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: March 14, 2008 08:31AM

In thinking about William F Buckley after his recent death, the thing about him to me wasn't his big vocabulary but his soft but never the less dramatic presence on television. He would roll his eyes grin and lean foward. I very much expect television to reinvent a Buckley like character maybe on a reality TV show. Unfortunately for the country the conservatism he invented was like the Soviet Union which he felt was the number one threat. To say nothing about his Yale-Skull and Bones connection like the Bushes. Like the Atolia Komanie he was employed for a while by the CIA. What a productive person he was writting some thirty books including a book on celestial navigation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Willian F Buckley
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 14, 2008 08:36AM

Yes, and his impact on Fairfax, which is the topic of this section of the site, btw, is well-known.

Oh, wait, no it isn't, this is yet another off-topic rambling by some nut.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: March 14, 2008 09:46AM

Rod...I agree..Buckley was a genious when it came to espousing and nurturing the modern conservative movement...as much as I disagree with much of it. At least he could debate the topic intelligently and at the end you knew you had learned something. He was part of what many would call Eastern-elitists...him, Truman Capote...Gore Vidal...and few others I forget, could debate intelligently on any issue.

As is typical on here...the first comment from the 20 something crowd addressed which categoy you wrote this in...very light weight stuff...I guess since it didnt have a solution of either deporting or executing Mr Buckley that was the only other comment the could make...oh wait, they did throw in an insult...a well rounded Underground response.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 14, 2008 10:21AM

Saving the queen wasnt a bad book.... it was OK

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: March 15, 2008 01:51PM

Vince, why are you such a hater?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.