HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
High School Reps
Posted by: suzieq ()
Date: February 01, 2012 02:41PM

What are the reputations of the following high schools:

T.C. Williams
Mount Vernon
West Potomac

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Reps
Posted by: trolls troll ()
Date: February 01, 2012 03:40PM

suzieq Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What are the reputations of the following high
> schools:
>
> T.C. Williams
> Mount Vernon
> West Potomac

Trolling?

Clearly, you know they all suck.

Date: February 01, 2012 04:25PM

Possibly moving to that area and want to know which is the lesser of 3 evils. West Potomac?

Posted by: bad all around ()
Date: February 01, 2012 04:33PM

suzieq Wrote:
> Possibly moving to that area and want to know
> which is the lesser of 3 evils. West Potomac?

I suppose, if you had to pick one.

Why do you need to move to that side of the county?

Posted by: MV'er ()
Date: February 01, 2012 04:33PM

As a former MV'er. MV sucks, TC sucked when I was going to MV so pretty sure it's the same. West Potomac, unsure but here is the rule to follow......

Both MV and WP are off of Rt. 1, RT. 1 IS NOW JUST A GHETTO VILLAGE!!!

Date: February 01, 2012 04:50PM

We're actually moving back to the area from out of state -- My husband will be stationed at Ft. Belvoir but we aren't required to live on base, we'd just like to live close by. I grew up in the area (late 90s) and remember all 3 of those schools being pretty crummy. Seems like not much has changed, but was hoping one might be a slightly better choice than the others. Kind of surprised though given that there are some really nice areas around there (Belle Haven, Fort Hunt).

Posted by: none of them ()
Date: February 01, 2012 05:09PM

Just move slightly south and/or west of Belvoir and send your kid to South County. Or move a bit west and go to Hayfield. Those schools aren't the best in the county, but they are a hell of a lot better than the three you are looking at. Your commute won't be that much different either.

Posted by: WestPoParent ()
Date: February 15, 2012 07:12PM

I work on Fort Belvoir and have one child at West Potomac now, and another will be there next year. I'm not happy with the school-- some teachers are awesome, but most are just TIRED, and it shows. The kids don't like the school. I'm realistic enough to know that very few teens actually LIKE to go to school, but when there is a lot of school spirit and it's a fun place to be, they are at least proud of the school they attend. Not the case at West Potomac from what I've seen. there are so many "problems" and not much focus on making it a place kids want to come. South County is a great school... they have a lot of the same issues as west potomac, with regard to low income families who are struggling, but the kids LIKE their school... it's a happy place to go in the mornings. My oldest met some kids from there at an event today, and she was amazed there are high school kids who actually are bright people, are excited about life... that just doesn't seem to be on the agenda at West Potomac, unfortunately. I know of parents who work on Belvoir whose kids go to South County and their commute isn't bad. Hayfield is actually right outside one of the gates going into Belvoir. I haven't heard as much about that school, which may be a good thing, because no negative news is good news-- at least in this case.

Posted by: Cavalier ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:57AM

Make your husband do a longer commute for the sake of your children. Try Woodson High School area in Fairfax. One of the best schools in the area that is nationally ranked. It has a popular leadership program, involved teachers/parents, and lots of school spirit. One senior just got into Harvard.

Posted by: Voice of Reason ()
Date: February 17, 2012 09:11AM

Cavalier Wrote:
> Make your husband do a longer commute for the sake
> of your children. Try Woodson High School area in
> Fairfax. One of the best schools in the area that
> is nationally ranked. It has a popular leadership
> program, involved teachers/parents, and lots of
> school spirit. One senior just got into Harvard.

Try West Springfield, South County, Lake Braddock if you can't stomach WestPo.

Would NOT do Woodson - too far away from Belvoir and reputation is of a cliquish school with uncaring, dumb-ass administration. Ask Steve Stuban.

Posted by: NB ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:00PM

For God's dake, stay away from Mt. Vernon........it's been overrun by ghetto niggers.
West potomac is a little better, but still lots of ghetto trash from Route 1
TC Williams.......same thing...bunch of ghetto niggers from the city
Homeschool, if possible. If not, private school....if forced to go to public school, I'd say West Potomac out of those three.
You might want to move to an area further away from the negroes.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.