HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Inner loop of the Beltway
Posted by: Mad as hell ()
Date: January 04, 2012 09:16AM

I basically drive the stretch of the beltway from Springfield to 270 and back every day. So you can see I'm miserable. However, a couple weeks ago, the changes to the on ramp from 66 have ruined my life.

The innerloop of the beltway narrows down to 3 lanes before 66 merges! How is this acceptable?!! and how is there not more outrage?! The beltway has been 4 lanes in all spots for 20 years and now at this critical juncture it narrows to 3. If you look at traffic, there is a major bottleneck at this spot every day and it's not from incoming traffic from 66, it's from the merge after route 50. I understand that this controls the amount of traffic that flows through Tysons but it's ultimately a terrible engineering decision and creates more delays and more dangerous travel conditions.

Who is allowing this? Where is the accountability? We have put control of the beltway construction in the hands of a company that will profit from frustrated drivers and more traffic. This is completely bull and I can't believe no-one is addressing these issues.

edit by Cary: Shortened display name to "Mad as hel" from "Mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" to fix list-page formatting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 06:13PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Inner loop of the Beltway
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: January 04, 2012 09:40AM

If only the plans for the intersection had been published in advance by VDOT!!1!1!! Those who drive that stretch OBVIOUSLY would have read those and organized a respose and demand for change!!!!

Posted by: RoughBook ()
Date: January 04, 2012 09:47AM

hey MAD, move to Gaithersburg. Tomorrow. Please.

Posted by: MisterSpookey ()
Date: January 04, 2012 09:49AM

Mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I basically drive the stretch of the beltway from
> Springfield to 270 and back every day. So you can
> see I'm miserable. However, a couple weeks ago,
> the changes to the on ramp from 66 have ruined my
> life.
>
> The innerloop of the beltway narrows down to 3
> lanes before 66 merges! How is this acceptable?!!
> and how is there not more outrage?! The beltway
> has been 4 lanes in all spots for 20 years and now
> at this critical juncture it narrows to 3. If you
> look at traffic, there is a major bottleneck at
> this spot every day and it's not from incoming
> traffic from 66, it's from the merge after route
> 50. I understand that this controls the amount of
> traffic that flows through Tysons but it's
> ultimately a terrible engineering decision and
> creates more delays and more dangerous travel
> conditions.
>
> Who is allowing this? Where is the
> accountability? We have put control of the
> beltway construction in the hands of a company
> that will profit from frustrated drivers and more
> traffic. This is completely bull and I can't
> believe no-one is addressing these issues.

I am outraged you refuse to not have a stupid azz commute. That place wouldn't be a bottle neck if you weren't the worst life planner in the history of employed persons along with all the other donkeys who live in NOVA and work in MD.

Please tell me what ultra-super-duper industry you work in that you could find no other employmnet outside of the 270 corridor from SPRINGFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand an answer. And I demand you find a job somewhere in the state you live in. Immediately. kthx.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It seems to me, at the end of the day, with all that being said, that's not necessary.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: January 04, 2012 09:52AM

The VDOT section of Fairfax Underground has been advised and will take corrective action in the near future.

Posted by: Madder than Hell ()
Date: January 04, 2012 10:00AM

Mad as hell...=

Posted by: Omama ()
Date: January 04, 2012 10:26AM

When you are mad as hell and you don't want to take it anymore the best solution is to stop bitching and start a revolution or shut the fcuk up and go live a cave somewhere in Afganistan.

Date: January 04, 2012 10:27AM

I understand certainly on paper that I'm the idiot who lives where I do and work where I do. Trust me, if I could control it, I would.

I can say that I bought a new home 1 year ago in Fairfax County and used to work 10 minutes from my house. I had NO desire to change jobs but then was recruited by a company I can't name to do very high level stuff. What can I say? I'm smart and important with very specialized skills. So consider my horrible commute a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the good of humanity despite the fact that life-saving work I do that will never be recognized or credited to myself. You are all welcome for my sacrifice despite your unkind words and lack of appreciation.

Posted by: Mike the Brilliant One ()
Date: January 04, 2012 10:37AM

Mad as hell Wrote:
> I understand certainly on paper that I'm the idiot
> who lives where I do and work where I do. Trust
> me, if I could control it, I would.
>
> I can say that I bought a new home 1 year ago in
> Fairfax County and used to work 10 minutes from my
> house. I had NO desire to change jobs but then
> was recruited by a company I can't name to do very
> high level stuff. What can I say? I'm smart and
> important with very specialized skills. So
> consider my horrible commute a sacrifice I'm
> willing to make for the good of humanity despite
> the fact that life-saving work I do that will
> never be recognized or credited to myself. You are
> all welcome for my sacrifice despite your unkind
> words and lack of appreciation.

Posted by: 1995hoo ()
Date: January 04, 2012 10:40AM

The road is still under construction and the project isn't scheduled to be done until the end of this year. When it's finished, the configuration will involve four thru lanes in each direction on the "mainline" Beltway (read: general-access free lanes); two HOT lanes in each direction located to the left of, and separated by a barrier from, each direction's "mainline"; and, on the Inner Loop, a fifth lane on the right side of the "mainline" between I-66 and VA-7 where the new right-side entrance from I-66 will continue as its own lane to the VA-7 exit, where it will become an "Exit Only" lane. In other words, the "lost lane" to which the OP refers will be restored and an additional lane will be added.

But, of course, they have to finish the other construction to make room for all of that.

I don't understand why people act as though a change in the traffic pattern in an area that's still under construction is a final change, ESPECIALLY when the change is marked by an ORANGE SIGN. Orange signs are the standard for work zones and they indicate temporary conditions. If the lane drop were marked with a yellow sign, there would be more of a legitimate reason to complain. But narrowed lanes, traffic shifts, closures, etc., are all routine parts of a work zone. Sure, it stinks when it happens, but if they tried to restrict all the work to night hours only it would take at least twice as long to get anything done.

But the other question is, if you know the Beltway is a problem there, why do you continue to take the Beltway? Just as an example, you could take Gallows Road up to Tysons and then get on the Beltway at VA-123 after the bottleneck. (When I worked in McLean in the late 1990s and commuted from near Fair City Mall, I took Gallows to 123, then 123 to Anderson to Chain Bridge Road.) Or you could take the US-50 exit and then go through Fairview Park, left on US-29, right on Shreve Road; Shreve becomes Haycock and then you go left on Great Falls Street and follow to 123, go left, then take the first right to get back to the Beltway.

Date: January 04, 2012 10:48AM

A serious thank you to explaining it. I know it's not a permanent fix and I know the alternatives. It's just frustrating when you see that there is plenty of room to the right and left of the 3 lanes and it all seems poorly laid out. There are plenty of people crying foul that this is direct result of the fact that the majority of the work is being done by profiteers of traffic problems. Seems like a conflict of interest.

Posted by: RoughBook ()
Date: January 04, 2012 10:48AM

you are not welcome.

I hope your smart and important self is not working for a company that sucks at the tit of the Federal Government. If so, you'll be pumping gas soon. Uncle Sam is outta milk.

The National Debt is now at 100% of GDP, meaning the government is sucking the life out of the economy, and in DC metro a whopping proportion of that borrowed money is going to Raytheon, NG, Lockheed, and BAH for high end stuff that will be the first cut when the shit hits the fan.

You've heard of the dot com bubble, the housing bubble, etc.
Right now we have a Federal Spending bubble about to burst.

http://www.american.com/graphics/2011/deRugy%201.12.11.gif

Posted by: cry me a river ()
Date: January 04, 2012 11:06AM

Mad as hell Wrote:
>

So in other words you are very special, so special in fact you are better than many others like you . Because you are so important, other's activities should not upset you because it negatively affects the specialized skills which do so much good for the rest of us. Your moving , even though you DID'NT want to, is a sacrifice entirely based on doing good for others and is not in any way monetary.......Bullshit

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: January 04, 2012 11:16AM

Mad as hell Wrote:
>

My first thought after reading this was "Fuck you too." There are plenty of people around here that do important work. Trust me, you are not the only one. You chose to take the position, you chose to not move closer to said position. You CHOSE. I highly doubt anyone put a gun to your head and forced you to take the job and not move closer to it. It's all in your priorities. Clearly, your top priorities don't include a short commute.

This area has been famous for lousy traffic for fifty years. Get over it already or leave. You made your choices, now either deal with them, or do something to deal with whatever's bothering you. Coming here and bitching is a nice vent, but craigslist has a rants and raves section, go there and bitch.

Posted by: rrrrr ()
Date: January 04, 2012 12:27PM

Mad as hell Wrote:
>

Oh wow. This guy's really important!

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 04, 2012 01:46PM

justsayin Wrote:
> If only the plans for the intersection had been
> published in advance by VDOT!!1!1!! Those who
> drive that stretch OBVIOUSLY would have read those
> and organized a respose and demand for change!!!!

Because VDoT was SOOOO responsive to those who raised objections to other aspects of the whole Beltway HotLane fiasco.

Posted by: try calling a moving company ()
Date: January 04, 2012 01:49PM

rrrrr Wrote:
> Mad as hell Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I understand certainly on paper that I'm the
> idiot
> > who lives where I do and work where I do.
> Trust
> > me, if I could control it, I would.
> >
> > I can say that I bought a new home 1 year ago
> in
> > Fairfax County and used to work 10 minutes from
> my
> > house. I had NO desire to change jobs but then
> > was recruited by a company I can't name to do
> very
> > high level stuff. What can I say? I'm smart
> and
> > important with very specialized skills. So
> > consider my horrible commute a sacrifice I'm
> > willing to make for the good of humanity
> despite
> > the fact that life-saving work I do that will
> > never be recognized or credited to myself. You
> are
> > all welcome for my sacrifice despite your
> unkind
> > words and lack of appreciation.
>
>
> Oh wow. This guy's really important!

Mad as Hell has moved to the right place to be along many other really important people who think living here sucks but love raping the taxpayers with really important government jobs. His next complaints will be that the school board is run by whores, the police department unfairly targeted him, the firemen make too much, Dulles airport makes too much noise. I wish all the fucking carpetbaggers would move back to whatever paradise they left behind.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: January 04, 2012 01:57PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> justsayin Wrote:
> -----
> > If only the plans for the intersection had been
> > published in advance by VDOT!!1!1!! Those who
> > drive that stretch OBVIOUSLY would have read
> those
> > and organized a respose and demand for
> change!!!!
>
> Because VDoT was SOOOO responsive to those who
> raised objections to other aspects of the whole
> Beltway HotLane fiasco.

Agreed. Not bothering to look up such things and not doing as little as writing a complaint letter to an elected official who can actually force a response out of VDOT = ignoring it all until the months of work putting the change in place has actually completed and THEN complaining.

Posted by: saltmine ()
Date: January 04, 2012 06:16PM

Harder than walking into Mordor
Attachments:
35n038.jpg

Date: January 04, 2012 07:27PM

justsayin Wrote:
> Bill.N. Wrote:
> > Because VDoT was SOOOO responsive to those who
> > raised objections to other aspects of the whole
> > Beltway HotLane fiasco.
>
> Agreed. Not bothering to look up such things and
> not doing as little as writing a complaint letter
> to an elected official who can actually force a
> response out of VDOT = ignoring it all until the
> months of work putting the change in place has
> actually completed and THEN complaining.

Not sure what you are agreeing with me on, unless you missed the sarcasm in my post. Many of us DID contact elected officials and even VDoT officials early in the process to voice our concerns and objections. A great many more of our friends and neighbors participated indirectly by contacting leaders in their communities who were contacting these officials. And for many of us this contact had no noticeable impact whatsoever. Don't throw that "if only people were involved and informed" crap in our faces. WE WERE INVOLVED AND INFORMED.

Posted by: MisterSpookey ()
Date: January 04, 2012 08:00PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> justsayin Wrote:
> -----
> > Bill.N. Wrote:
> >
>
> > > Because VDoT was SOOOO responsive to those
> who
> > > raised objections to other aspects of the
> whole
> > > Beltway HotLane fiasco.
> >
> > Agreed. Not bothering to look up such things
> and
> > not doing as little as writing a complaint
> letter
> > to an elected official who can actually force a
> > response out of VDOT = ignoring it all until
> the
> > months of work putting the change in place has
> > actually completed and THEN complaining.
>
> Not sure what you are agreeing with me on, unless
> you missed the sarcasm in my post. Many of us DID
> contact elected officials and even VDoT officials
> early in the process to voice our concerns and
> objections. A great many more of our friends and
> neighbors participated indirectly by contacting
> leaders in their communities who were contacting
> these officials. And for many of us this contact
> had no noticeable impact whatsoever. Don't throw
> that "if only people were involved and informed"
> crap in our faces. WE WERE INVOLVED AND INFORMED.

Many? How many? Like Occupy Wall Street many? Or like we-four-donkeys-hanging-out-at-the-bus-stop waiting-for-our-kids'-school-bus-sipping-coffee-and-bitching-about-the-area-we-live-in many? Or do you mean the 'many' posts on FFU from the same 5 people pretending to be 'many'?

'Many', to me, given the size of the area and number of people who use the beltway would be 100,000+ or about 4% of the metropolitan areas population. I think 'many' to you is much lower and thus illustrates the epic failure.

Please provide a list of the 'many'. Please provide the list of techniques used in this grass roots ground swell of disapproval you unleashed on the elected officials.

It seems to me, at the end of the day, with all that being said, that's not necessary.

Date: January 04, 2012 09:14PM

Sorry if we didn't mobilize a mob for you. Next time I will be a little more considerate.

Here's a list of some of the activities I know about in my neighborhood: Civic Association meetings with speakers on the topic starting before construction began. Email trees where people were regularly posting updates on the project. A few different groups pushing different agendas, all of which were in contact with VDoT, with the Supervisor and with state legislative officials. Newsletter articles. No doubt there was also plenty of discussions on it at the bus stop, at the PTA and at little league games as well. (Don't underestimate the value of these in mobilizing neighborhood opinion.) Of course we were within hearing distance of the pile drivers and are near a major artery that is impacted by the construction.

Date: January 05, 2012 03:38PM

Wow, people are so mean. This started as a simple concern regarding incompetent civil engineering with out regard for safety of all citizens. And what about the simple fact that there is a major conflict of interest related to the people who are doing the work? Why isn't there a consensus here related to this outrage? Somehow this became more about me being an idiot for having such a commute in the first place rather than the concern I legitimately brought up.

Again, the world owes me a thank you for doing what I do and tolerating my commute. I am so special and my work is so important and affects the lives of so many, it is my duty to do it. Not civic duty, my duty to humanity. I had a choice to accept this job but kind of like how Jesus had choice to wear a cross on his back. So you see, it is my obligation to mankind and humanity. You are all ungrateful as I have sacrificed so much for so many people. How dare you!

Anyway, like I said, I was recruited and not looking for a new job and I had just bought a new house next to my old job. I'm not going to uproot my family and move closer to my new job so I accept the misery of the commute. That is my choice. But I also assume that the people who build the roads do it in a way that makes sense. That's where I thought we agree but hey, everyone made it about me so maybe I really am that important. You're welcome.

Date: January 12, 2012 10:02PM

Tom OOBBEE is my hero

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.