HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What are my chances of jail time?
Posted by: Falls Church new mom ()
Date: December 27, 2011 12:32PM

I got my first DUI charge in Fairfax County over the weekend. This is my third, my first two were in other counties. I was able to avoid jail time in both other cases because of a clean driving record, good lawyer and low BAC. I completed alcohol awareness classes and probation and got my license back last year after a three year suspension. Before anyone says anything, no I do not have a drinking problem, I rarely drink and when I do, I usually call a cab. My BAC wasn't very low this time - 0.19. Also, this time it's a felony because this is my third since 2002. I've been doing research and I see that in VA, most people spend six months in jail for this offense. Has anyone dealt with this before and maybe got less jail time? I just had a baby, I don't want to leave her for six months. Is house arrest a possibility in this county? Also, if anyone has any lawyer recommendations, please let me know. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What are my chances of jail time?
Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: December 27, 2011 12:44PM

I smell a troll, baiting people to post foaming-at-the-mouth replies.

Posted by: crazee ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:07PM

Really if this is true you deserve every bit of the mandatory minimum that is reccomended. Hopefully prosecutor will push for the maximum. .19 and you were on the road. That is fucking ridiculous. You do have a drinking problem. I wish you would crash into a tree and die you selfish bitch. I hope you get prison time

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:09PM

Don't feed the troll.

Yes, we all agree 3 DUI's and driving w/ a .19 is bad bad bad. Move along.

Posted by: Rage Against the Internet ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:10PM

I am from the internet and I am here to judge you based on your post.

You are a fucking bitch and deserve to die. Next time crash into a tree with your baby.

Burn in hell and rot in piss.

Posted by: toiletbrush ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:16PM

I will have to agree with the consensus here though, it is very tempting. Like leaving a fat kid alone in a Dunkin Doughnuts and telling him not to touch one thing!
Attachments:
enhanced-buzz-15854-1300424464-1.jpg

Date: December 27, 2011 01:25PM

Wow, there's some pretty big dick heads here, huh? I do not deserve to die and neither does my daughter. At least she wasn't in the car with me; then I would agree that I deserved to die.

I DO NOT HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM. I drink maybe once a month other than pregnancy. An addicted person uses their drug more than that!

Can someone delete my post, please? I don't need to be judged by any of you.

Posted by: Sinbad ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:25PM

100%

Date: December 27, 2011 01:29PM

Falls Church new mom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, there's some pretty big dick heads here, huh?
> I do not deserve to die and neither does my
> daughter. At least she wasn't in the car with me;
> then I would agree that I deserved to die.
>
> I DO NOT HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM. I drink maybe
> once a month other than pregnancy. An addicted
> person uses their drug more than that!
>
> Can someone delete my post, please? I don't need
> to be judged by any of you.

Was she delivered via the anal canal?

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Not Judging ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:31PM

You have a drinking problem when drinking causes you problems. You may realize it in jail but I doubt it.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:33PM

Falls Church new mom Wrote:
>I don't need to be judged by any of you.

And we don't need to be trolled by you.

Posted by: BYE ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:42PM

Have fun doin whatever people do in jail!

Posted by: Wise up ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:44PM

Falls Church New Mom:

You've been caught 3 times, so you've probably driven drunk at least 15 to 30 times.

You DO have a drinking problem. See
http://www.ncadd-sfv.org/symptoms/mast_test.html

You will get some jail time.

You probably will also have problems with custody of your child.

Get some help fast!! Start by going to a meeting daily, and OWN UP!

Posted by: FC something ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:57PM

Yabels Wrote:
> Falls Church new mom Wrote:
> >I don't need to be judged by any of you.
>
> And we don't need to be trolled by you.

+1000

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: December 27, 2011 02:16PM

3rd time is mandatory 1 year in jail

Posted by: crazee ()
Date: December 27, 2011 02:39PM

My best friend just lost vision in their left eye from windshield glass last week when they were rear ended by a drunk driver, by the way it was his third offense. What crime did my friend commit, taking time to drop off Toys for the Toys for Tots campaign. So next time you decide to casually drink and drive just do us a favor be a fucking adult about it or jump off a bridge.

Posted by: Sally Cornstalk ()
Date: December 27, 2011 08:35PM

uhhh yeah you do have a drinking problem. good luck with the felony

Posted by: Obvious ()
Date: December 27, 2011 08:44PM

Obvious troll is obvious?

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: December 27, 2011 08:59PM

Damn. Even with several posts calling her out as a troll, she still got a few bites.

Trollbaiting on this site isn't the ultimate internet bloodsport. It is a game of checkers where you start with all of your pieces kinged.

Posted by: fo ()
Date: December 28, 2011 12:57AM

" I was able to avoid jail time in both other cases because of a clean driving record, good lawyer and low BAC."

Just curious, but how did you have a "clean driving record" with the second DUI?

Posted by: Tots for Toys ()
Date: December 28, 2011 04:51AM

First, the person dropping off toys for Toys for Tots was totally gay, so no sympathy.

Second, if you blew a .19 I don't care about you.

Third, calling someone a troll is as gay as Toys for Tots.

Posted by: hfuhdh ()
Date: December 28, 2011 06:50AM

That's called a turd.

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
> Falls Church new mom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow, there's some pretty big dick heads here,
> huh?
> > I do not deserve to die and neither does my
> > daughter. At least she wasn't in the car with
> me;
> > then I would agree that I deserved to die.
> >
> > I DO NOT HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM. I drink maybe
> > once a month other than pregnancy. An addicted
> > person uses their drug more than that!
> >
> > Can someone delete my post, please? I don't
> need
> > to be judged by any of you.
>
>
> Was she delivered via the anal canal?

Date: December 28, 2011 09:57AM

0.19 is high for DUI purposes, but not *that* high. I was completely in control of myself. The only reason I was pulled over is because it was 3 AM and I have a tail light out.

I do not need help when I don't have a problem. I have not driven drunk 15-30 times. This was the first time I'd driven drunk since my last DUI. I have crappy luck, obviously. Everyone has driven after drinking at least once or twice in their lives. No one is perfect, so spare me, please.

I have retained a lawyer named Warren McLean. Has anyone here used him before? He seems to think he can get me found not guilty or plead down to misdemeanor DUI with minimal jail time.

Posted by: where? ()
Date: December 28, 2011 09:59AM

What bar were you coming from? Did the Citizen's DWI patrol nab you?

Date: December 28, 2011 10:14AM

I was coming from a friend's house in Ashburn. I was pulled over on route 28 near 66.

Posted by: easy way out ()
Date: December 28, 2011 10:18AM

You should have told the cop you didn't want to blow a breathalyzer but you were willing to blow something else.

Posted by: IThink ()
Date: December 28, 2011 12:44PM

On what date were you arrested? Was it a Saturday morning or a Sunday Morning at 3am by any chance? Was it a county officer or a State Trooper?

Date: December 28, 2011 12:55PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 12:55PM by Pinhead the Cenobite.

Posted by: u a fucktard ()
Date: December 28, 2011 12:58PM

my loser bro got dui#3 and spent 8 months in jail in prince william. hopefully the same will happen for ur irrisponsible fuck ass. hopefully ur baby will be given up for adoption while ur locked up. at least she might have a chance to grow up without a drunk for a mom

Posted by: where was your baby ()
Date: December 28, 2011 01:49PM

while you were out at 3am?

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: December 28, 2011 03:47PM

I don't even think your real but just out of curiousity how old were you when you got your DWI's? Were they separated by a long time?

And yeah, you do have a drinking problem unless having a baby and then going to jail was your plan all along. 3 DWI's, lawyer's fees, sleepless nights, uncertainty surrounding your newborn's well being... And that's just what you've told us about.

Maybe you don't have a problem. Maybe you just have REALLY bad luck. Either way, you sound like somebody who would be better off if she never drank again.

Ok. I took the bait.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: December 28, 2011 03:52PM

TheNorthman Wrote:

> Ok. I took the bait.

Yes, you did. And we're all worse off for it =)

Posted by: BrandonGMU ()
Date: December 28, 2011 06:36PM

People (especially those with a young child) who don't have a drinking problem and only drink "once a month" would never touch alcohol again without being positive somebody else would take them home. Hell, many would never drink again after the second DUI. If I were you, I'd be more worried about the baby's dad trying to get custody if he doesn't already. His friends and parents are probably in his ear saying how his kid is a risk by somebody who lacks self-control and is a serious threat to drive loaded with their kid in the car. I'd bet plenty of courts would agree.

Posted by: SIlly Sailor ()
Date: December 28, 2011 07:12PM

Good luck working at McDonalds.

Felony on record= fucked for life. Every Job all will deny because of it except the worst.

Real nice life you made for your kid there.

Date: December 28, 2011 08:25PM

This happened Saturday morning. Luckily for me, my husband/daughter's father is very supportive and our relationship is strong. He was watching over our baby while I had a night out for a good friend's birthday.

I am 29; my first DUI was at 20 and second was at 24.

I am scared of having a felony on my record for the very fact that employers will not like it. I am a stay at home mom right now, but would like to go back to work at some point.

Date: December 28, 2011 08:30PM

Oh boy....Somebody took the bait....

Posted by: George ()
Date: December 29, 2011 01:04AM

You have a drinking problem. go to AA and get some help with that. You will get jail time out of this one. You should have thought about your daughter and family before you got behind the wheel. If this is your third since 2002 I beleave they should give you the max. You need to learn not to drink and drive. If you want to kill yourself with the drinking thats up to you. Please don't risk others lives

Posted by: byeeeee ()
Date: December 29, 2011 02:16AM

3 DUIs in a 10 year period = 1 Year prison an license GONE.

no one is "unlucky" on JUST 3 occasions over years

you drink and drive often and have just been caught 3 only times

bait taken

learn the bus schedule or metro if you decide to go anywhere

this is one of the few crimes that is color and financially blind, you will be punished regardless of status or anything else

you could go to church every Sunday and own a 4 million dollar home have 4 kids and help the needy and you will still be treated like the "drunks" you THINK you are not one of

Posted by: same boat ()
Date: December 30, 2011 12:49PM

Hey There! I am not like the others on this site. I recently had a baby and my second oui. I also rarely drink, just very unlucky like yourself. DO NOT let anyone tell you that you are a bad mother!! I know how it is, and may go to jail myself. I feel terrible as I am sure you do as well. Please know that there are others like us out there. I am currently going to therapy, psychiatrist, and AA meetings. I would do anything to erase time, but we both know that cant happen. We must move forward and move on. Like the saying "It is always darkest just before the dawn!" I know that I had Post Partem...do you?

Please let me know if you need someone to talk to. I know i do.

Posted by: kc ()
Date: December 30, 2011 01:56PM

Just because you don't drink every night does not mean you do not have a drinking problem. You have a drinking problem because you continued your behavior after suffering negative consequences (twice no less). You are an alcoholic and the sooner you accept this, the better for you and your child. I hope they give you the maximum sentence, then, maybe, you will realise you have a problem with alcohol.

Posted by: kc ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:22PM

3rd offenses have a mandatory minimum 3 or 6 months jail depending on how many years since your last DUI. This is not eligible for suspension. License is taken away indefinately (you can petition after 5 years to get it reinstated). Also, a $1,000 fine.

Posted by: b ()
Date: December 30, 2011 08:35PM

If alcohol has caused you legal problems, by definition, you have an alcohol problem. So "Same Boat," while you may not be a "bad mother" you are not the mother you want to be, and neither is the OP.

The sooner you step up & stop denying, the better off your child will be - and that's the real point of all this, isn't it?

Posted by: b ()
Date: December 30, 2011 08:38PM

Please also notice that, unlike the majority of threads on FFXU, this one contains few hecklers and many people who are trying to tell you to smarten up & face your problem.

That in itself ought to tell you something!

Posted by: postpoppunk ()
Date: December 30, 2011 10:58PM

I am not anti-drugs...but...

If your drug of choice has caused ANY problems financially, emotionally, physically, mentally, legally or with your employment, family, friends --- well you have a (Drug of your choice here) problem. There is no argument, debate or exclusions, this is a fact. All the excuses you feed yourself only brings closer something tragic --- the problem here is that you may cause innocent people harm with your lack of self-control...that is unacceptable.

Now --- I know many people who enjoy their drug of choice while maintaining a positive and healthy state in all the above categories...more power to them...

A Minor Threat

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: December 31, 2011 12:43AM

You should drink all day from right when you wake up so you'll pass out before you can leave your house in the evening. DUI problem solved.

Posted by: yo ()
Date: December 31, 2011 06:00PM

For anyone who posts comments saying they hope this lady dies that is awful. Hopefully a drunk driver smashes someone you love tonight. Please write back if they do because i would love to laugh in your face. get a life

Date: December 31, 2011 06:49PM

Given how fucking selfish and self-absorbed she has been by risking the lives of innocent bystanders on not one, not two, but three ocassions, I say fuck her. She has not learned her lesson, and the only way that she will will be 1) by admitting she is a fucking drunk and getting on the wagon or 2) when she kills or maims somebody in her fourth "unlucky" incident.

Fuck her with a shit encrusted horse dick.

Posted by: G6 ()
Date: January 01, 2012 02:28PM

See if you could do rehab in lieu of jail time. That of course would require you to be away from your baby. Dear, you do have a drinking problem. Quantity doesn't matter...its what alcohol does to the person and it has caused you lots of trouble. Stop drinking and be prepared for some life changing things to happen from this last dui. Good luck.

Posted by: Schrute Farms ()
Date: January 01, 2012 02:34PM

is this a common 99%'er demographic? looking for a free pass and a handout to go with it?

Posted by: bye ()
Date: January 01, 2012 04:32PM

YOUR GOING AWAY FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by: no chance ()
Date: January 01, 2012 04:43PM

G6 Wrote:
> See if you could do rehab in lieu of jail time.
> That of course would require you to be away from
> your baby. Dear, you do have a drinking problem.
> Quantity doesn't matter...its what alcohol does to
> the person and it has caused you lots of trouble.
> Stop drinking and be prepared for some life
> changing things to happen from this last dui. Good
> luck.

Theres a 0 percent chance of that happening. Its a 3 DUI which is mandatory jail time and it is also a .19 DUI which is also mandatory jail time. Separating a kid from their parents is always tragic, but what kind of mother has she really been to the child is shes out getting hammered all the time. If she just had a baby she should have been home with it and not out getting hammered like that. What kind of mother was she going to be that night completely wasted and the next morning hung over. Worst case she goes home and breast feeds the baby and now the baby is hammered too.

At the VERY LEAST she should have not been getting behind the wheel afterwards. People make mistakes yes but this is the 3rd time. This reminds me of a teen mom story. Until she gets help and fixes her drinking issues the kid is probably better off not being around a drunk mom all the time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.