HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jack Dale: "You trust me!"
Posted by: Million Dollar Spin Dept ()
Date: November 21, 2011 05:39PM

Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Superintendent Jack D. Dale has released the results of a recently implemented trust and confidence survey of FCPS parents and taxpayers that measured their opinions about a number of issues related to the school system.

The assessment was distributed during September and surveyed nearly 13,000 parents and non-parent taxpayers to determine their overall level of trust and confidence in the school system.

Survey participants were asked questions about their trust in the system as well as access to information, understanding of that information, and their agreement or disagreement with that information. The results showed that 81 percent of parents surveyed and 63 percent of non-parents believe that FCPS is a trustworthy institution, and that FCPS is providing students with the right education for the 21st century (80 percent of parents and 55 percent of non-parents agreed). The majority of respondents agreed that teachers are effectively preparing students for the future (81 percent of parents and 54 percent of non-parents agreed). Eighty-six percent of parents and 61 percent of non-parents agreed that FCPS respects the cultural diversity of students and their families.

“Individuals with a direct relationship to schools, such as parents, tend to be more positive about their feelings than people who don’t have a direct connection, like many of our taxpayers,” said Dale. “We can see in these responses that most parents feel very satisfied with FCPS, but that we have some work to do to improve our outreach with some parents and our non-parent residents, whose taxes support the school system.”

Survey recipients were also asked how they received information about the school system, and whether or not they received the information they wanted or needed. Seventy-six percent of parents feel informed about major decisions in a timely manner, while only 34 percent of non-parents feel informed.

“One of the reasons for doing a survey was to determine how we could improve our communications with our parent and non-parent communities,” explained Dale. “We learned that our non-parent community feels it does not have enough information about a number of topics, including our student achievement goals, the budget, and the announcement of major decisions. This is an area that we will be focusing on improving in the near future.”

The survey revealed that the majority of parents trust FCPS to provide accurate communication about school system issues (81 percent), followed by their local school (59 percent).

For complete results, visit www.fcps.edu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack Dale: "You trust me!"
Posted by: Data Analysis ()
Date: November 22, 2011 12:17AM

This data reveals:

One fifth of parents and one third of non-parents surveyed do not believe that FCPS is a trustworthy institution.

20 percent of parents and 45 percent of non-parents do not believe that FCPS is providing students with the right education for the 21st century.

And almost 40 percent of non-parents do not agree that FCPS respects cultural diversity.

Non-parents would include those whose children graduated from FCPS and know how well prepared they were for the future.

Conclusion: There are a lot of people who don't believe the FCPS publicity releases, or don't read them.

Posted by: Janie Says ()
Date: November 22, 2011 06:55AM

FCPS is great because Great Leader tells us so. Thos who don't agree are not getting the message.

From Patch: School Board Chairwoman Janie Strauss (Dranesville) said the results confirmed what she has heard from the community.

"Parents in the community see FCPS as a high-quality school system," Strauss said. "We see the individual parents getting a lot of their information from what we send out, and this is good. Going forward, we clearly have to find ways to communicate with the nonparents in a cost-effective way."

Posted by: Idiots ()
Date: November 22, 2011 07:26AM

The results confirm that the douchebags and trolls of the Fairfax Underground are full of crap, and are once again full of crap.

Posted by: $5 units ()
Date: November 22, 2011 07:27AM

Jack Dale is a fat fuck.

Posted by: Trolls ()
Date: November 22, 2011 01:49PM

Idiots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The results confirm that the douchebags and trolls
> of the Fairfax Underground are full of crap, and
> are once again full of crap.

The results confirm that a growing number of voters in Fairfax County no longer believe the puff pieces coming out of Dale's office. Self-promotion only goes so far when you spend too much and teach too little.

Posted by: Delusional ()
Date: November 23, 2011 01:25AM

Jack Dale hired a consultant to design and perform the survey to give the results he wanted. Cost over $100,000. Included select focus groups, whose members now say they were disgusted by the entire process. How he continues to fool the school board and the press is beyond anything I could imagine.

Posted by: Janie ()
Date: November 25, 2011 06:46PM

Dale said the survey cost $10,000....which means $10,000 was paid to the consultant company. Question, what was the cost in FCPS staff time?

Posted by: Liar Liar pants on fire ()
Date: November 27, 2011 12:44PM

10K my a$$. Most legitimate polling firms will charge 15-25K for a survey that size. A search of the District Management Council on the Internet shows that much smaller school districts are paying almost seven times more for similar services that what Jack Dale "claims" FCPS paid. Dale is a %$#@ liar who will never tell taxpayers the truth.

Posted by: The Facts of Dale ()
Date: November 27, 2011 12:46PM

This man is a con artist, plain and simple. Yes, he used to be a math teacher. Yet his ego wont allow him at schools. Hes too important now unlike other sups of FCPS.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.