HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Recent Fairfax Restaurant Closings
Date: January 16, 2012 09:13PM

I used to go the one in Springfield all the time. The chili was pretty good, and I agree it has slipped somewhat over time. I am not sure what other places have really good chili though.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: January 16, 2012 09:31PM

Clydesdale has some mighty tasty cili

Date: January 16, 2012 09:46PM

Where the hell is Clydesdale?

Date: January 16, 2012 10:01PM

Good question....I meant Clydes...stupid spell check on the iPad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 10:02PM by Hay Zeus.

Date: January 16, 2012 10:03PM

OK, I was thinking that but not sure. I am not a huge fan of Clydes chili. I like Clydes enough (Mark Center, Tysons, Restons, etc.), but their chili is nyeh....

Date: January 16, 2012 10:16PM

Well I'm not really sure what you look for in a chili..

Have you tried the chili from Firehouse subs?

Date: January 16, 2012 10:21PM

The old texas style chili from Hard Times is my ideal.

Posted by: Town-knee ()
Date: January 16, 2012 11:41PM

What about TT Reynolds? Basically kicked out of the City.

Posted by: Lamont Johnson ()
Date: January 17, 2012 02:34AM

"What about TT Reynolds? Basically kicked out of the City."

And yet fairfax city puts up with all the shit from IKON's

I don't think t.t.'s caused nearly as much trouble in all its years as IKONS seems to created in its few short years

maybe t.t.'s was behind in paying taxes but surely they could have worked out a payment schedule of some kind rather than the concerted effort to close down t.t.'s

Date: January 17, 2012 08:06AM

TT's shouldve gave up on having live music and focused on being a nice pub. Nothing against live music but the place was to damn small.

Posted by: chili mac ()
Date: January 17, 2012 09:21AM

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The old texas style chili from Hard Times is my
> ideal.

My problem with that Hard Times Texas chili is it can be really, really greasy, especially later in the day. I might as well eat it on the toilet at that point to cut down the time I am going spend running to the bathroom.

Posted by: Biggus Dickus ()
Date: January 17, 2012 09:54AM

When I was younger, I used to go to the DC 101 Chili Cookoff. Fab stuff there.

One of the better chilis I ate was one called "Two Flush" chili.

It was true!

Posted by: Ffx diner ()
Date: April 28, 2012 02:33PM

Heard Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers was looking at the former KFC location in Fairfax City.

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: April 28, 2012 03:35PM

Quizno's and Duk Wo both closed at Main Street Marketplace in Old Town

Posted by: Burger Boy ()
Date: April 28, 2012 03:37PM

Fatburger in front of Borders' Books closed.

Posted by: nuttyturnip ()
Date: April 28, 2012 03:55PM

Since when was there a Fatburger in Fairfax? I'm not that upset, since the one in Columbia, MD was nothing to write home about.

Posted by: Mr. Empowerment ()
Date: April 29, 2012 08:32AM

I believe the Quiznos in Vienna, on Maple, has closed. They seem to be dropping like fries. I can stand Quiznos food but found the employees at several ones I tried just plain nasty. I guess the employees get treated worse than other fast fooders?

The new Firebox Hamburger in Tysons, next to Taco Bell, was pretty good. Hamburger was way better than what you get at Foster's Grille these days.
ample parking behind the building and enter through back entrance to Subway.

They serve beer and have a couple decent HDTV's. Have a burger and beers and watch a ballgame. Then sleep it off a bit in your car in the back lot before heading home past the Vienna police speed trap on route 123.

Posted by: meep ()
Date: April 29, 2012 11:13AM

I don't know anything about IKONS, what trouble is it causing?

Posted by: Bill Cosby ()
Date: April 30, 2012 09:10AM

horny whites women on the prowl for todays outstanding young black man

Posted by: res ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:43PM

If anyone is in the restaurant industry, can you comment on whether this is normal to have so much turnover?

BTW, if its true that Ruby Tuesday is changing over to seafood I would not be surprised. I was there a couple months ago and it was laughable how their trying to be like a Mike's or something (a little more upscale) but their dishes were bland and small. To many bean counters I guess.

Posted by: spargelfest ()
Date: April 30, 2012 10:16PM

res Wrote:
> BTW, if its true that Ruby Tuesday is changing
> over to seafood I would not be surprised. I was
> there a couple months ago and it was laughable how
> their trying to be like a Mike's or something (a
> little more upscale) but their dishes were bland
> and small.

What I love about Ruby Tuesday's new look is that the entrees are increasingly miniscule, but they place them on large plates that accentuate how little you're receiving.

Posted by: Jeff1248 ()
Date: May 06, 2012 07:04PM

Fosters Grill was kicked out bc the owners didn't pay their rent so the sheriffs office served a notice.

Elevation Burger is coming to the Turnpike Shopping Center and possibly Fair Oaks Mall.

McDonalds wants to demolish and rebuild their restaurant next to Paul vi high school, but the approval process is dragging. The manager told me that it took 6 months just to get approval to fix the flag pole. Sheesh.

StoneHot pizza on route 50 is getting great reviews for their food. They opened 3 months ago.

For those looking for a decent Chinese meal, try 100 celcius in the harris teeter complex on 50. Food is good, decor is great, restaurant is clean, and they were positively reviewed twice by the Washington Post. Service is iffy.

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: May 07, 2012 12:16AM

Jeff1248 Wrote:
> For those looking for a decent Chinese meal, try
> 100 celcius in the harris teeter complex on 50.
> Food is good, decor is great, restaurant is clean,
> and they were positively reviewed twice by the
> Washington Post. Service is iffy.

They have two menus - 'traditional' and 'American' Chinese food. The American version is better than what you get at almost any local restaurant, but it is worth trying the dishes on the other side of the menu. While I am not big on offal, there are items like Chicken in Hot Pot that are outstanding and the dumplings are some of the best I have had. Service, however, is very inconsistent and the food sometimes comes out to the kitchen at glacial speeds even when there are few people there. Surprisingly busy during lunch, you can always count on at least one large table of Asians eating there which seems like a good sign.

Posted by: Fancyfox ()
Date: May 07, 2012 12:24AM

The Diner you are refering too was the new style of Silver Diner that they were trying out. You ordered off an electronic menu before you sit down and then a server brought you your food. It just didn't make it. Mamma Lucia's closed, it was run by the husband and the other one ran by the wife is still at Fair City Mall, it was just around the corner from Silver Diner. There was a Mexican place that didn't make it either, it was across from the Wine House in the city courtyard area.

Posted by: bingo ()
Date: May 07, 2012 11:34AM

I heard Fast Eddies on Route 1 will close soon.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: May 07, 2012 01:59PM

We need a Tudors Biscuit World.

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: May 07, 2012 02:03PM

I miss Carlos O'Kelly's. :(

Posted by: Kamp Washingtonian ()
Date: May 07, 2012 08:50PM

I miss TT Reynolds. :(

Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: May 07, 2012 09:38PM

The mexican place was a Austin Grill Express, the only one of its kind that sadly fell victim to lack of exposure, and before Thompson Hospitality could ruin it.

Posted by: tallguy ()
Date: May 07, 2012 09:47PM

hi

Posted by: shortguy ()
Date: May 07, 2012 09:48PM

hi

Posted by: Angry White Man ()
Date: May 07, 2012 09:59PM

Angelica's i believe is operated by Jews from Russia, not Russians per se.

Russians tend to show a better face to those that are not their kind vs. their own. With Jews from Russia, it seems to be the inverse. I have no explanation for this observation that I routinely witness.

Your mileage will very, this is just an observation.

Posted by: till hazel ()
Date: May 08, 2012 04:30AM

"Fosters Grill was kicked out bc the owners didn't pay their rent so the sheriffs office served a notice"

did they not pay their rent cause they didn't have much business?

"The Diner you are refering too was the new style of Silver Diner that they were trying out. You ordered off an electronic menu before you sit down and then a server brought you your food. It just didn't make it"

Spot taken over by George Mason University for some kind of food prep program

"Mamma Lucia's closed, it was run by the husband and the other one ran by the wife is still at Fair City Mall,"

The Mama Lucia in downtown Fairfax City closed due to lack of business. I believe the hsband and wife team have since divorced and she owns Mama Lucia at Fair city Mall outright. I remember when the husband started MaMa Lucia way back when with 2 other guys who dissappeared along the way. I liked the steak and cheese but in the last few years they have spanishized the food and add sweet peppers to the steak and cheese. Yuck!

does anyone go to Woody's Ice cream anymore? Drove past recently on a lovely evening and not much of a crowd. always thought that was mediocre new location.

Posted by: max schell ()
Date: May 08, 2012 04:33AM

"I heard Fast Eddies on Route 1 will close soon"

too many fights? fairfax city and centreville locations still seem to be doing pretty good business

Posted by: like a big pizza pie ()
Date: May 08, 2012 04:43AM

btws, the old Vinny's in Fairfax City , new name(new owner?) still Italian faire. looks like its about ready to re open. sign out front says now hiring.

Date: May 08, 2012 02:40PM

They're trying to clean up Richmond Highway in that area. Lot's of Hispanics and blacks go there so of course now it's a shithole. Residents are complaning about noise, fights etc. so they're going to tear it down and put condos there.

Posted by: JUV ()
Date: May 08, 2012 02:42PM

You mean Fast Eddies?

Date: May 08, 2012 02:43PM

Yes

Posted by: Marty S. ()
Date: June 20, 2012 08:29PM

What happened to Temel Turkish restaurant on old pickett rd. they seemed busy on the weekends

Posted by: Clegg ()
Date: June 21, 2012 07:31AM

WTL said,"Glory Days sucks. The food sucks. The decor sucks. The beer selection sucks. The prices suck. It's like Applebee's with old Big Screen TVs."

Recently tried Glory Days for the first time in a year. It's still the same overpriced yuck. But the tv's are fairly decent and the bartender at Pan Am is way better than at a lot of other restaurant/bars in the immediate area. The Glory Days in Reston seems to be an all baseball restaurant for your tv sport's viewing and can be quite crowded due to the lack of other restaurants in that area.
Too much noise drives my old ears crazy. rock and roll done did i guess

Posted by: Mr. Wainwright ()
Date: June 21, 2012 07:43AM

"My problem with that Hard Times Texas chili is it can be really, really greasy, especially later in the day"

I haven't had problems with acid reflux in years but on two recent occasions I've gone for Hard Times Tuesday chili mac special and awaken in the night by that greasy burning feeling coming up the throat. Arrrrggghhh!
Do they only prepare the chili once a day and dispense all day long from that?

I'd say more of a bar than a restaurant these days. Have any you all been to Manassas HT? Quite a sideshow they got out there. Kind of entertaining for people watching but the food, oy. Fairfax strikes me as more of a bar than a place to go eat decent food.

Posted by: CERTenly3456765 ()
Date: June 21, 2012 11:23AM

Tippy's will never close, Tippy's ROCKS!

Posted by: KjdJX ()
Date: June 21, 2012 09:47PM

Stopped by last weekend, and (as someone noted above) Temel's is closed. Damn.

Posted by: Jason K ()
Date: August 29, 2012 04:00PM

Temel Turkish restaurant closed, no news on what is going to replace it. An applicant tried to open a convenience store there but was declined. The former Duk Wo location is set to become Prince Sushi. The former Quizno's location is set to become a Subway (which might close the Main Street Old Town location across from Eastwinds)

Posted by: Glory Days Grill in Burke closing? ()
Date: August 29, 2012 04:20PM

I have heard that the Glory Days Grill in Burke will soon be closing and going out of business. Does anyone know why? Health code violations?

Posted by: FatChick:OneTrick ()
Date: August 29, 2012 04:35PM

Glory Days Grill in Burke closing? Wrote:
> I have heard that the Glory Days Grill in Burke
> will soon be closing and going out of business.
> Does anyone know why? Health code violations?

Look, we get it. You're mad. He came in your face, zipped up, and left. But you're just being insane now.

Vinnies
Posted by: Gary ()
Date: September 24, 2012 01:01PM

Yes, thankfully, Vinnies is closed FOR GOOD. I worked there over 14 years as a chef and I never saw mismanagement, misappropriation and just plain meanness as I did during that time. Greed, complacency and spite kept that place from being the successful restaurant that it was in the 80's and early 90s. I left there back in 2004 and I have NEVER been back! :-)

Posted by: Sucks To Be You Alex ()
Date: October 01, 2012 04:40PM

I knew the owner of the former Temel restaurant, lets just say this place closing couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole. I was doing business with this Turkish prick (first mistake I know) in Annandale mind you, and the dipshit tried threatening me by claiming to be an Alexandria police officer. Couldn't provide a badge, now the scumbag has no business, LOL.

Posted by: Vienna Native ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:27PM

"In other news the end has come as it does for all. Bar-B-Que Country in Vienna has finally bit the dust. It was a mere shadow of its glory days back in the 1990's when it had some of the best bar-b-que in town. I think argument between father and son led to the downfall of the company. The Bar-b-que Country in Vienna had been asian owned for a number of years and the food just weren't the same. baffling how it held on so long. rarely saw anyone in the joint in recent years when I went to Cenan Bakery. Rumor that the son has a barbque place somewhere in the hinterlands, like Warrenton?"

I knew one of the sons, Paul, and have been to the father's house many times.

They did have some of the very best BBQ in this area, and still was some of the best you could find around here. It is a shame that they went out of business. The last remaining location is at the intersection of RT-17 and RT-29 in Warrenton. It had the other son's Toyota Tacoma parked out front with a BBQ Country sign on it for the longest time.

People talking about Teenozytoon, that place definitely should go out of business. I have no idea how it is still in business, the parking lot looks like an absolute dump. I'd never eat there after just seeing it. Also, FYI, it was a Sizzler back in the 80's/early 90's.

Date: October 16, 2012 04:39PM

Is that the Barbeque Country Jamboree in Vienna?

God, I used to love that place when I worked in Tyson's. Lotta good memories. I never would have believed it would last as long as it has.

Posted by: Cousin Luigi ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:07AM

"Is that the Barbeque Country Jamboree in Vienna?

God, I used to love that place when I worked in Tyson's. Lotta good memories. I never would have believed it would last as long as it has."

it closed about a year ago for good but it had been a shell of its former self for years

i believe another 9sheesh) Italian restaurant is going the spot

Vinnie's turned into a place called Casa Italia, been open a few months now. don't think business is hopping.

about the glory Days Grill in burke. Only been a few times but the place always seems packed with customers more so than a few other Glory Days I've seen

Posted by: glory days in burke ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:33AM

word on the street is that the glory days in burke will be closing soon and a big drug store of some kind, like a cvs, rite aid, or walgreens will go in that space.

Posted by: Laaughing ()
Date: October 18, 2012 05:14AM

glory days in burke Wrote:
> word on the street is that the glory days in burke
> will be closing soon and a big drug store of some
> kind, like a cvs, rite aid, or walgreens will go
> in that space.

Maximum error. You couldn't be more wrong.

Posted by: glory days in burke ()
Date: October 18, 2012 05:42AM

Laaughing Wrote:
> glory days in burke Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > word on the street is that the glory days in
> burke
> > will be closing soon and a big drug store of
> some
> > kind, like a cvs, rite aid, or walgreens will
> go
> > in that space.
>
> Maximum error. You couldn't be more wrong.

hey, i'm just passing on what i've heard. what have you heard about glory days?

Posted by: Cousin Luigi ()
Date: October 18, 2012 07:38AM

"word on the street is that the glory days in burke will be closing soon and a big drug store of some kind, like a cvs, rite aid, or walgreens will go in that space"

isn't there already a CVS in that shopping center? and rite aid company is in such bad finacial shape that they probably haven't opened a new store in several years and I think Walgreens has probably slowed down it's expansion efforts in Fairfax County cause so many of the other ones are doing medicore business

Posted by: Austin Grill Springfield ()
Date: October 18, 2012 11:02AM

The Austin Grill location in West Springfield will be closing at the end of the year. After many years with an exclusive restaurant agreement with the landlord, that agreement ended in 2010. Since then, the shopping center recently added a Monte's Steakhouse, Burger Joint, and Thai Restaurant. AG's sales at this location are down 33% since 2010. Please visit our other locations in Olde Towne Alexandria, Silver Spring or DC

Posted by: Glory Holes ()
Date: October 18, 2012 11:13AM

Just called the Glory Holes in Burke and asked when they are closing down. They made it very clear they are not closing down that location, no matter what the internet says.

Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: October 18, 2012 11:44AM

Austin Grill Springfield Wrote:
> The Austin Grill location in West Springfield will
> be closing at the end of the year. After many
> years with an exclusive restaurant agreement with
> the landlord, that agreement ended in 2010. Since
> then, the shopping center recently added a Monte's
> Steakhouse, Burger Joint, and Thai Restaurant.
> AG's sales at this location are down 33% since
> 2010. Please visit our other locations in Olde
> Towne Alexandria, Silver Spring or DC

Could not happen to a bigger group of assholes. Thompson Hospitality has ruined everything it has touched, including Marvelous Market and Austin Grill.

Posted by: Lortonite ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:40PM

Austin Grill Springfield Wrote:
> The Austin Grill location in West Springfield will
> be closing at the end of the year. After many
> years with an exclusive restaurant agreement with
> the landlord, that agreement ended in 2010. Since
> then, the shopping center recently added a Monte's
> Steakhouse, Burger Joint, and Thai Restaurant.
> AG's sales at this location are down 33% since
> 2010. Please visit our other locations in Olde
> Towne Alexandria, Silver Spring or DC

Where did you read this? The place is definitely not what it used to be, but it's still packed with people each time I've been there. I give that steakhouse 2 years tops.

Posted by: Austin Grill Springfield ()
Date: October 18, 2012 03:47PM

Lortonite Wrote:
>
> Where did you read this? The place is definitely
> not what it used to be, but it's still packed with
> people each time I've been there. I give that
> steakhouse 2 years tops.

I work there. Overheard one of the Corporate Division Managers talking to our GM yesterday! Lease is up 12/31/2012. Gave Landlord 90 day notice of non-renewal.

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Fairfax City
Posted by: Freddy ()
Date: December 29, 2012 07:48AM

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers under construction in the former KFC location in Fairfax City next to Outback Steakhouse on Fairfax Blvd. Check it out at www.freddysusa.com.

Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Fairfax City
Date: December 29, 2012 04:29PM

Freddy Wrote:
> Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers under
> construction in the former KFC location in Fairfax
> City next to Outback Steakhouse on Fairfax Blvd.
> Check it out at www.freddysusa.com.

That sign has been up for months. Is there an ETA?

Posted by: JGR ()
Date: December 30, 2012 04:13PM

Austin Grill changed its menu a short while back and eliminated most of the interesting dishes. Not surprised that it's closing in Springfield. The rest are going to be closing soon too.

Posted by: Taco Bell ()
Date: January 04, 2013 11:37PM

Looks like the Taco Bell in Fairfax City is gone.

Posted by: Fairfaxian ()
Date: January 09, 2013 12:11PM

Austin Grille is still open in Springfield

Date: January 09, 2013 01:15PM

nuttyturnip Wrote:
> Freddy Wrote:
> -----
> > Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers under
> > construction in the former KFC location in
> Fairfax
> > City next to Outback Steakhouse on Fairfax Blvd.
>
> > Check it out at www.freddysusa.com.
>
> That sign has been up for months. Is there an
> ETA?

Lots of new construction on the building. Looks like a second floor is going in, but who knows for sure.

Posted by: Ray ()
Date: January 09, 2013 08:03PM

Marlin and Rays, done.

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: January 10, 2013 06:26AM

shhh- yall ain seen nufin yet. We are about to see an economic colapse like never before. The government and I mean at all levels has been robbing society for so long and for so much it's just about to cave in. Mcdonald's may survive but the parking lot and drive thru's will be full of panhandlers. Oh and yes there will be assaults and murders there as well.

Date: February 01, 2013 07:17PM

Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers on Fairfax Blvd - Construction going on and drive thru being added. Opening must be just around the corner.....

Date: February 01, 2013 07:57PM

Opening in March as well as Penn Station East Coast Subs at Kamp Washington.

Posted by: Colin Kaepernick ()
Date: February 03, 2013 11:15AM

Oh my lord, the ABC at James Swart Circle is gone. The end of times is near.

Posted by: Foster Brooks ()
Date: February 04, 2013 02:52AM

"Oh my lord, the ABC at James Swart Circle is gone. The end of times is near."

I know that fire lane violations never get enforced but that store location and all the alkies parking their cars by the front door just looks like a number of bad accidents waiting to happen. And the store is right next door to a bar which I guess is good for the bar when it needs to stock up, although business ain't all that great these days, but really ABC board even with the business consultant advocating opening lots of locations that was one piss poor location. Move into old John's Place instead?

Posted by: that location cursed ()
Date: February 04, 2013 02:54AM

"Opening in March as well as Penn Station East Coast Subs at Kamp Washington"

lemme guess is Penn State(hmmm don't know about that name these days)East Coast Subs opening up in old Straw Hat location or in strip mall with Duncan Dohnuts?

Posted by: Rhett Lobstare ()
Date: February 04, 2013 02:58AM

"Marlin and Rays, done."

Great TV's but I've always been a little leary of sea food and sports myself.
Seemed like a nice bar set up but no one hardly went after the remodeling . Probably lousy location contributed. Needed some signage and former Hooters girls who aged out. whats that like 25?

Posted by: Dickey ()
Date: February 04, 2013 11:27AM

that location cursed Wrote:
> "Opening in March as well as Penn Station East
> Coast Subs at Kamp Washington"
>
> lemme guess is Penn State(hmmm don't know about
> that name these days)East Coast Subs opening up in
> old Straw Hat location or in strip mall with
> Duncan Dohnuts?

Dickey's BBQ is going in the old Straw Hat location.

Posted by: BBQ Biter ()
Date: February 05, 2013 01:00PM

Dickey Wrote:
> that location cursed Wrote:
> -----
> > "Opening in March as well as Penn Station East
> > Coast Subs at Kamp Washington"
> >
> > lemme guess is Penn State(hmmm don't know about
> > that name these days)East Coast Subs opening up
> in
> > old Straw Hat location or in strip mall with
> > Duncan Dohnuts?
>
>
> Dickey's BBQ is going in the old Straw Hat
> location.

Dickey's is ok, but that location can't keep anything open. Good luck, it's been "opening soon" for about 4 months now.

Date: February 05, 2013 03:22PM

Fast Eddies on Richmond Hgwy is finally closing. What a dump!

Posted by: Kings Highway ()
Date: February 05, 2013 03:24PM

bingo Wrote:
> Fast Eddies on Richmond Hgwy is finally closing.
> What a dump!

It's Richmond Highway, what do you expect?

Date: February 06, 2013 01:31AM

Dickey's is opening in March.

Date: February 06, 2013 09:54AM

The ABC store on James Swart Circle isn't closed. According to the sign in the window, they're remodeling, and will reopen in a few weeks.

Posted by: Foster Brooks ()
Date: February 07, 2013 03:07AM

"The ABC store on James Swart Circle isn't closed. According to the sign in the window, they're remodeling, and will reopen in a few weeks"

Still think that's a lousy location. Should move it to old John's Place location or somewhere without the obvious traffic problems.

I guess a call to state representative and state senator is called for

killjoy....i'm not saying close it just move to a different location

Posted by: Pedro says si' ()
Date: February 19, 2013 07:05AM

Noticed that Tippy Taco's in Fairfax City is no more(sorry certeesh). Had not eaten their in years usually go to Merrifield for watery ground beef tacos and the Saturday old fart computer nerds meetings. Sorry to see another long time toothless Fairfax biz bite the dust. Any rumors about the long or short term lifespan of the other Tippy Taco's in the county?

Tippy's in toothless Fairfax being replaced by a Kabob place. What not a Korean barbeque? Wonder if its same owner but dropped out of Tippy chain?

Posted by: where? ()
Date: February 19, 2013 07:24AM

Taco Bell Wrote:
> Looks like the Taco Bell in Fairfax City is gone.

where was this taco bell.....i can't frigg'n place it for the life of me

Posted by: CERTenly3456765 ()
Date: February 19, 2013 07:27AM

Pedro says si' Wrote:
> Noticed that Tippy Taco's in Fairfax City is no
> more(sorry certeesh). Had not eaten their in years
> usually go to Merrifield for watery ground beef
> tacos and the Saturday old fart computer nerds
> meetings. Sorry to see another long time toothless
> Fairfax biz bite the dust. Any rumors about the
> long or short term lifespan of the other Tippy
> Taco's in the county?
>
> Tippy's in toothless Fairfax being replaced by a
> Kabob place. What not a Korean barbeque? Wonder if
> its same owner but dropped out of Tippy chain?

Worst news ever

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: February 19, 2013 09:21AM

"where was this taco bell"

In the new plaza @ 50/Fairfax Blvd. w/5 Guys, Shella Bakery, Starbucks...

Date: February 19, 2013 09:35AM

Freddy Wrote:
> nuttyturnip Wrote:
> -----
> > Freddy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers under
> > > construction in the former KFC location in
> > Fairfax
> > > City next to Outback Steakhouse on Fairfax
> Blvd.
> >
> > > Check it out at www.freddysusa.com.
> >
> > That sign has been up for months. Is there an
> > ETA?
>
>
> Lots of new construction on the building. Looks
> like a second floor is going in, but who knows for
> sure.

looks like it's ready to go, construction done

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: February 19, 2013 05:35PM

Seems like there are lots of restaurants and not enough grocery stores.

Name Wrote:
> The KFC near Fairfax High school closed.
>
> The Ruby Tuesdays near KMart closed.
>
> Thoughts? Know of any other recent restaurant
> closings?

Posted by: gxkdu ()
Date: February 19, 2013 05:40PM

Starvin Marvin off off 236 and 395 closed. Great steak and cheese

Posted by: budweizzer ()
Date: February 19, 2013 07:16PM

Anyone eaten at the wine house in downtown fairfax?

Posted by: Camel the Manimal ()
Date: February 19, 2013 07:28PM

Brian Spilner Wrote:
> Whats the deal with that place down on 50 past the
> Harley Dealership. Has a weird name like Zytino or
> something. Place has had weeds growing out of the
> parking lot for years that could use one of these
> to clear sorry my image posting skills suck. Maybe
> someone can fix the link. Place always has lights
> on during the day for some reason.
>

Come smoke. You enjoy. Open after 5pm. Many good looking persians. All persians good looking though.

Persian pride <><>_<><> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNdh2PEJz0

Posted by: PizzaramaShack ()
Date: February 19, 2013 10:21PM

Looks like the Pizzarama by where Border's used to be is gone.

And, it's not a restaurant, but it looks like Radio Shack is gone, too.

Posted by: Jazzy Juice ()
Date: February 19, 2013 10:29PM

budweizzer Wrote:
> Anyone eaten at the wine house in downtown
> fairfax?

Yes - it's actually not that bad. It's a great place for a casual date.

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: February 19, 2013 10:53PM

"Radio Shack is gone, too"
Yep. BTW, give me your address, phone #, email addy, and blood type

/after buying a flippin battery @ RS...

Date: February 20, 2013 12:38AM

The Radioshack spot is vacant, but Pizzarama is set to become a Jimmy John's soon!

Posted by: Lady Fairfax City ()
Date: February 20, 2013 02:29AM

"Looks like the Pizzarama by where Border's used to be is gone.

And, it's not a restaurant, but it looks like Radio Shack is gone, too."

Oh man, fucking end of an era in Kamp Washington/Fairfax City. The tears on my pillow bespeak the pain in my heart. Virtually nothing left of Kamp Washington from just 15 years ago unless its been remodeled over. Advanced Auto Parts(?) was originally a Peoples. Went in to get wiper blades cause the a-hole at the former Herb Gordon dealership didn't change the blades but charged me for it. No I won't go back cause its the Auntie Wainwright effect(Last of the Summer Wine) I'm just going elsewhere. Anyways I asked about the old storage space under the store. I remember as a wee one having a ice cream sundae at the counter of Peoples and seeing them send inventory down thru the floor. I think this was fairly common method of storage at a lot of drug stores in those days.
Older laborer at Advanced said yeah still there but not much use for storage cause access was thru small door out back but would make great place to store a body cause no one ever went in there anymore.

Wonder if Joe Ardinger has gotten the news. He use to frequent Pizzarama quite a bit. He'll be bummed. Hey weekend ain't here but I need a can o' beer or 6 on this bummer news.

Wish I had space for the Pizzarama sign. Big part of Fairfax City history. Perhaps Fairfax City museum might have space. Shame they don't see the importance of 20th century Fairfax City history? Even John Mosby would say whats a matta you!
btws, old time Fairfax City-ers former mayor John Russell passed away in Dec. 2012 at 89 I believe and former FHS principal RT just passed away at only 84. Was younger than I thought when he was principal. Must have been the bow tie.
Old times here are not forgotten Look away look away...... but there should be a John Jackson street in Fairfax City!

Date: February 25, 2013 09:04PM

China Star at Fair City Mall is gone.

Posted by: PieFace ()
Date: February 25, 2013 09:14PM

Joe's Pizza in Fairfax City is closed.

Posted by: I've eaten there ()
Date: February 26, 2013 07:56AM

budweizzer Wrote:
> Anyone eaten at the wine house in downtown
> fairfax?

Yes. I read the Yelp reviews and was tentative about going. I found the food to be good, the service was good and the wine was good.

Would I go there again? With another groupon, Yes. Without out another groupon maybe.

Hugs

Date: February 26, 2013 04:22PM

Jason K Wrote:
> China Star at Fair City Mall is gone.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They better have relocated somewhere. *sniff* braised beef *sniff* lamb in sizzling pot *sniff* chili chicken...

Date: February 26, 2013 07:48PM

Jason K Wrote:
> China Star at Fair City Mall is gone.

Never mind, false alarm.

Pages: Previous12345AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.