HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Eluding The Fairfax County Police
Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: October 01, 2011 10:42PM

What do you think the best way would be to escape from the Fairfax county police..

By foot?

By vehicle? If so what reasonably priced vehicle would you choose for this job?

How would you get away from the helicopter if or when it became involved in the chase?

Any other ideas?

Id never run from the cops, seems like a dumb idea.. But I just wanna hear any wacky ideas you have for getting away.

Personaly id go for a new wrx. You got the AWD if you need to take it through some front yards or sidewalks. Good handling. And 305HP.

If the helicopter got involved id ditch the car after putting some distance between me and the ground units. go for the Arnold Shwartzenager Predator movie mud method as not to be visible to the aircraft's infrared FLIR system.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2011 10:45PM by friskydingo.
Attachments:
WRX_Photos_Exterior_Mobile_6.jpeg
images-2.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eluding The Fairfax County Police
Posted by: bloomquist ()
Date: October 01, 2011 10:50PM

friskydingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> blah blah blah

Harumph!

Date: October 01, 2011 10:53PM

bloomquist Wrote:
> friskydingo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > blah blah blah
>
> Harumph!

I have always wanted a good excuse to roll around in mud with no clothes on

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: October 01, 2011 11:38PM

­

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 04:09AM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: October 02, 2011 12:14AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> I always wondered if using one of those mylar
> emergency blankets would mask your heat signature
> well enough that the FLIR FCPD uses on their
> wouldn't see you. (Plus, they're easily shoplifted
> from your local Walmart or sporting goods store.
> They're in the camping section.)

Nothing really works well against the new generation of FLIR cameras. Your best bet is to hide under something hotter than you are so that you blend in. Underneath a warm car would work. Of course, in a crowd of people works too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2011 12:14AM by trogdor!.

Posted by: WVBB ()
Date: October 02, 2011 02:16AM

parking garage at the mall on a busy day

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 02, 2011 02:58AM

friskydingo Wrote:
> What do you think the best way would be to escape
> from the Fairfax county police..

Dial 267-555-0100. Even if you have a six star wanted level, that number will stop police pursuits. You mentioned the WRX, I found the Cognoscenti to be the best vehicle.

Posted by: Yucky28 ()
Date: October 02, 2011 03:06AM

Why on Earth would you want to give the obama supporter demographic ideas about how to escape the police after they invade your home, shoot you, rape your wife, rape your daughter and take a dump in your kitchen?

Fucking retards.

PS. You can totally avoid IR cameras if you know what you're doing...

Posted by: Any Moose ()
Date: October 02, 2011 07:11AM

Seems like to me you would need the following...

1). A car that blends in with all the others.

2). A car with a common color

3). If you were a bank robber or doing some other crime do it during a snow storm or during rush hour. (Using of course back roads and another car).

Posted by: Runnerup ()
Date: October 02, 2011 07:57AM

If you know what that helicopter is capable of, you'd know your odds of eluding the cops are pretty piss poor. You can run but you can't hide
From that thing.

Imagine grand theft auto, when you have a 5-star wanted rating. Kind of like that.

Posted by: Outlaw ()
Date: October 02, 2011 08:33AM

Back in Highschool I had 2 friends try. One of them tried running from the police on his Motorcycle. He had them going for about 15 or 20 minutes if I recall out in the area that is between Wapels Mill Road / The FFX Parkway / RT 29. It was at night. Eventually they had enough squad cars looking for him that he got caught. You can run and he was certainly fast enough to beat the cars but you can't beat the radio. I don't remember how much time he served as he was a minor but I think they took his license for a couple years.
2 other guys I worked with were coming back from DC wasted and thought it would be funny to go into Robinson through an access door on the roof. They got inside and the panel locked behind them and they didn't realize they tripped a silent alarm. The police showed up with a K-9 unit. He was able to make it outside and across Commonwealth on the backside of the school and into the woods before the dog caught up to him.

So to answer your question above I'd say rule out a Motorcycle, rule out to trying to out run them on foot. I'd probably go with the guy above and say get into a large crowd of people.

Posted by: Zoom Screech ()
Date: October 02, 2011 08:47AM

Any Moose Wrote:
> Seems like to me you would need the following...
>
> 1). A car that blends in with all the others.
>
> 2). A car with a common color

White van with no windows.

During the "DC sniper" period every single white van with no windows was suspect because there was at least one spotted in each area of a shooting.

The bad guys, of course, used a blue sedan that no one ever saw. This page: http://www.autoevolution.com/news-image/criminals-and-how-they-choose-their-cars-4197-5.html is appropriately titled lol!

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 02, 2011 10:43AM

Make sure you take them down Compton Rd.

Posted by: curious ()
Date: October 02, 2011 01:07PM

The answer is obvious. Buy a helicopter and then we'll finally have a good police chase to discuss on FU.

Posted by: robon ()
Date: October 02, 2011 01:55PM

I once was one of the passengers on a 4 door sedan occupied 4 times.
I didn't know the driver but one of the other dudes knew me.
to make the story kind of short. The driver got pulled over, (I think he was a habitual offender of some sort)
I worked for construction company and we all had this big black berry radio phones.
The driver was told to get out of the vehicle. We all had to get out of the vehicle and line up. He had some sort of drugs with him. I think the cop was calling for more officers to come. I refused to just seat and wait. H tried to cuff me. I hit him him on the face with the phone.
We were in herndon side of fairfax. I started running and he runned after me. I remember my dad telling me years ago. If I was running and I felt like my heart was coming out of of my thought the other runner would only colaps a few seconds later. That was when I was running track and field. So that was very true.
I could almost not run any more and I decided to give it a shut and still run for another 40 seconds. The officer could not run any more.
After that I pass rt 7 then reach the river and waded across some island. Then got to seven locks rd. Potomac.
I called my boss around 9 am and he came to pick me up from MD.
the herndon police had called the main office and they told the officer to FU!
i thought that was cool.
They had to tell the officer where I was leaving. They asked me first. so I could move. They never found me anyways and here I am.

Posted by: Bost Boy ()
Date: October 02, 2011 02:54PM

Yeah, between the pitt maneuver, stop strips, radios, K9's, steroided type A officers, and bears in the air, you're basically toast. You're gonna get a knee in your neck minimum, or if you're really lucky you get to piss yourself after being dart-wired. Really stupid to run...you're just compounding your jail time with a felony elude charge, and you could injure or kill someone else. How would you feel about that, eh? Always amazes me that there is no shortage of mo-rons that think running is a good idea when in most cases all they woulda got was a fine. When the video recorded thru the patrol car windshield is shown in court the judges face ain't gonna be pretty. You're goin' away.

Date: October 02, 2011 04:41PM

How about a motorcycle and night vision goggles?

Posted by: jdwalker ()
Date: October 02, 2011 08:27PM

I've got the best way to elude the Fairfax County Police.....don't do shit that's going to make them want to chase you!

Then you take away the need to elude them in the first place. Brilliant, no?

Posted by: Lists ()
Date: October 02, 2011 08:38PM

The helicopter circles an area for about 20 minutes and usually never finds anybody then returns to base. Years ago K-9 use to find people but the new K-9 units are basically as useless as the helicopter.

Posted by: Possibility? ()
Date: October 03, 2011 10:20AM

Run-flat tires will help you avoid the spike-strips - Bridgestone run-flat tires are supplied on most new model BMW cars so you'll need to steal/car-jack a BMW.
If you can't get a BMW it's best to use a motorcycle. But you 1st have to map out the area of your crime and place a U-Haul no more than 5 minutes away with a ramp that will allow you to drive up into the U-Haul. Hide in the U-Haul or drive off. If you stole the motorcycle make sure to dump it into a pond, lake or large river.
There's a pepper out there that screws up the noses of dogs and would help you avoid K-9.
As for the helicopter - if you're on foot jump into a storm drain but it's best to wait and do your crime after a heavy rain as that will clean out the pipes. Or, while not as good, grab a straw and jump into a creek, river or pool to hide your heat signature (but make sure you use the pepper to keep the dogs away from the creek, river or pool).
Also, to possibly keep up to date on where the Police or helicopters are you can now download a free Police scanner to your phone.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: October 03, 2011 10:23AM

Any Moose Wrote:
> Seems like to me you would need the following...
>
> 1). A car that blends in with all the others.
>
> 2). A car with a common color
>
> 3). If you were a bank robber or doing some other
> crime do it during a snow storm or during rush
> hour. (Using of course back roads and another
> car).

Basically watch the opening 15 minutes of "Drive".

Posted by: been there ()
Date: October 03, 2011 11:06AM

Possibility? Wrote:
> Run-flat tires will help you avoid the
> spike-strips - Bridgestone run-flat tires are
> supplied on most new model BMW cars so you'll need
> to steal/car-jack a BMW.
> If you can't get a BMW it's best to use a
> motorcycle. But you 1st have to map out the area
> of your crime and place a U-Haul no more than 5
> minutes away with a ramp that will allow you to
> drive up into the U-Haul. Hide in the U-Haul or
> drive off. If you stole the motorcycle make sure
> to dump it into a pond, lake or large river.
> There's a pepper out there that screws up the
> noses of dogs and would help you avoid K-9.
> As for the helicopter - if you're on foot jump
> into a storm drain but it's best to wait and do
> your crime after a heavy rain as that will clean
> out the pipes. Or, while not as good, grab a
> straw and jump into a creek, river or pool to hide
> your heat signature (but make sure you use the
> pepper to keep the dogs away from the creek, river
> or pool).
> Also, to possibly keep up to date on where the
> Police or helicopters are you can now download a
> free Police scanner to your phone.

Like comedian Chris Rock said, "if the police have to come after you, they're bringing an ass kicking with them".

Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: October 03, 2011 11:16AM

@friskydingo: I must be just as fucked up in the head as you cause I have also asked myself how to get away from the cops if a chopper got involved even though I am no criminal and have never considered evading the police.

But if I was trying to loose a chopper I think the only way to do it would be to drive through a forrested area. Any windy, narrow road with branches overhead might be your only chance. There is no way to outrun a chopper or move quickly enough to break the line of sight.

The only possibility I can come up with is to go somewhere the line of sight is broken (in this instance by trees) for you by the surroundings.

But I still think that running from the cops is rarely worth the added risks involved.

Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:04PM

jdwalker Wrote:
> I've got the best way to elude the Fairfax County
> Police.....don't do shit that's going to make them
> want to chase you!
>
> Then you take away the need to elude them in the
> first place. Brilliant, no?

Yeah right, blame the victim. At some point everyone is chased by the cops. You need to be prepared when it happens.

Always carry a snorkel so that you can lay underwater in a river. Also, make sure your extensive network of tunnels and bunkers are kept well stocked and you are able to navigate them in the dark.

Posted by: Run ()
Date: October 03, 2011 02:27PM

I'd drive to Hemlock Overlook and run down the BullRun-Occoquan trail.

Posted by: jdwalker ()
Date: October 03, 2011 02:45PM

poopstick Wrote:
> jdwalker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've got the best way to elude the Fairfax
> County
> > Police.....don't do shit that's going to make
> them
> > want to chase you!
> >
> > Then you take away the need to elude them in
> the
> > first place. Brilliant, no?
>
>
> Yeah right, blame the victim. At some point
> everyone is chased by the cops. You need to be
> prepared when it happens.
>
> Always carry a snorkel so that you can lay
> underwater in a river. Also, make sure your
> extensive network of tunnels and bunkers are kept
> well stocked and you are able to navigate them in
> the dark.

If you're running from the cops, you ain't the victim, bitch.

Posted by: Kingstowne ()
Date: October 03, 2011 03:19PM

As far as evading FLIR, on some crime documentary about Joe Palczynski, they explained that he figured out how to hide from the police helicopter by hiding beneath pine trees. Perhaps there is something about the resin in the needles that absorbs IR? Of course that was 11 years ago so the technology may have improved by then.

Another good tactic that I remember from a Tom Clancy book was where the bad guys lost a police chopper by ditching their car and going into a crowded shopping mall. However I cannot cite any real world cases of this being done.

Back in the 1990's I was pretty heavy into the police scanner hobby. I had three or four scanners and used to listen to the police calls all the time. The best ones were 10-80, chase in progress. Most of the time those ended in the suspect wrecking their vehicle and getting caught. It's nearly impossible to get away, and the biggest reason is that most people who are desperate enough to run are not trained to drive street vehicles at high speeds and almost always crash. The cops *are* trained to drive street vehicles at high speeds. Also, they have radios and helicopters.

Having said all that, I listened to literally dozens of chases but only once did the suspect escape. I was monitoring the Virginia State Police Division 2, and if there is a situation that warrants it, the dispatcher can flip a switch and link all the radio repeaters statewide together so you can listen in to incidents anywhere statewide. It was the middle of the night and they were chasing this guy out in the Shenandoah Valley, on Interstate 81. At some point he got off the interstate and headed towards West Virginia doing like 110. (I apologize but I no longer remember what road he was on). The officer in pursuit told the dispatcher to notify WV, and the dispatcher came back and said that WV would be unable to respond for an hour or so. I remember looking at the map and thinking, an hour? Shit that guy is going to be in WV in ten minutes! Ten minutes later the suspect crosses the state line and as soon as he did he got on some unmarked logging/fire road. The WV state police were nowhere to be seen. The VSP supervisor got on the air and told the officer to break it off and return to VA. That cop was PISSED, you could hear it in his voice when he acknowledged the order.

So if you get chased by the cops... give up and turn yourself in!
If you want to get stupid and run..

1) look for pine trees
2) look for a crowded shopping mall (hint: not Springfield or Landmark)
3) Bounce on the double put the pedal to the floor, and head for West Virginia.

Posted by: A dude ()
Date: October 03, 2011 08:08PM

alright, i'm not encouraging running from the police, but all you're really going to need to get away from the fairfax police department is a five minute emergency oxygen bottle that fits on a belt and your own two feet. there are lots of lakes in the area (Lake Accotinck, Burke Lake, Lake Braddock, Royal Lake, Crooked Creek, ECT.), and at any given time you're only about two or three minutes of running from a moderately sized body of water. once you reach a body of water, make sure you have at least twenty pounds of equipment on you so you sink in the water, then just swim underwater for five minutes.

Helicopter: Flir can't see through water

Popo (Cruiser): Cars can't go underwater and cars can't go on the footpaths around most of the lakes

Popo (on foot): are you kidding, only jesus can walk on water.

Popo-Doggie: can't smell you underwater/won't try either

With a five minute oxygen supply the average person should be able to go about 1/4 of a mile underwater, about four hundred yards, unless they have about fifty officers on the scene they can't cover that kind of shoreline. also, if you have a backpack you can carry more than one canister or a larger tank and have up to thirty minutes of time, enough to go over a mile underwater.

Date: October 05, 2011 02:01PM

jdwalker Wrote:
>
> If you're running from the cops, you ain't the
> victim, bitch.

Way to post 30 times in the 5 years since you registered.

Posted by: Arrest Proof Yourself ()
Date: October 05, 2011 08:00PM

Arrest Proof Yourself. It is that simple. Do not do anything you already know that is against the law. If you already know it is a crime (which is a form of wrong doing), do not do it. Once the police catch you, pull you over or call you using a land line (the telephone), you are in their system. It all starts once you are caught.

Posted by: Not too good of idea! ()
Date: October 07, 2011 12:05PM

Just ask this guy:

Eluding Police

11-18493

Fairfax Boulevard/Fairchester Drive – On October 7 at 4:49 AM an officer on patrol observed a motorcycle operating at a high rate of speed and attempted to stop it. The operator subsequently attempted several maneuvers to elude the officer until the motorcycle struck a curb at Fairfax Circle and fell down.

Larry Davis, 37, of 3070 Southern Elm Court, Fairfax, was taken into custody and transported to the Adult Detention Center where he was charged with felony speed to elude and his bond was set at $1,000. He also was issued a summons for speeding.

Date: October 07, 2011 02:25PM

I heard alot of counties won't chase motorcycles cause they usually end in fatalities. Any truth to that?

Posted by: Chasers ()
Date: October 07, 2011 02:40PM

poopstick Wrote:
> I heard alot of counties won't chase motorcycles
> cause they usually end in fatalities. Any truth to
> that?

I listened to fairfax county chase a motorcycle about 7 years. They had criusers going 100+ at times on i-66 in rush hour. They brought in the helicopter. The dispathcer finally called off the chase because it was to dangerous. I thought that was bullshit since the cars and helicopter were right with the motorcycle at that point.

Then I thought about it later and 100+ mph in a chase at rush... All that needed to happened was some mini-van mom pulls out and the cruiser takes the out family. The officer had already recorded the license plate so they sent cars to the registered address.

Posted by: BHDJ ()
Date: October 26, 2011 01:41PM

I just got a class 6 felony eluding charge along with like 10 misdemeanors...

I was on my honda cbr 600, practicing wheelies in an elementery school bus drop off point at 7 pm. My bike doesn't have plates or anything btw. Anyways, I'm crossing the road to go to my neighborhood to go home, and all of a sudden the blue lights and sirens come from a foot behind me. I took a right and lost him within 5 seconds.He even turned his lights and sh*t off. Well, a little further down the road I had to stop for some cars turning into their driveway, and what'd ya know, lights flash again from behind me. I pass the car infront of me (crossing double yellow charge) and head on down the road. I did about 135 but I always used my turn signals when I was passing ppl.
Anyways, I turned off a minute or so later and turned my bike off. the next day the police had knocked on every single one of my neighbors' doors asking about me, and eventually found me.

The answer to how to run from police is this: get away quickly before more officers can join, take lefts (police are taught to take rights), and hide for a few minuts before heading the oposite direction.

Posted by: i know ()
Date: October 26, 2011 01:56PM

hit the sewer system along a main road.

Posted by: AlmostHeaven ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:03PM

WV a good option for a run, but for the posted signs that say "For Law Enforcement Purposes, the Center of the Road is the State Line". You better know your way through WV before you try that.

Posted by: RUSerious?!? ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:08PM

BHDJ Wrote:
>
> ... take lefts (police are taught to take rights), ...
>

What idiot ever told you that? LOL!

Posted by: DontDoIt ()
Date: October 26, 2011 09:35PM

I had a friend that managed to escape the cops a while ago. He was driving near East FC metro coming from 7Cs when suddenly a cop car turns on the lights and sirens. He was driving his motorcyle( can't remember what was wrong, maybe the tags), but lucky for him it was rush hour and he just drove between the cars and then lost the cop by heading to Ballston and around. Anyways, the odds of escaping the cops once they get a chopper in air are not worth the risk, but I guess I could have a plan lol. So I would first have a back up vehicle parked at a busy mall( TCs for instance) and also a regular bike in the woods. I would start with a motorcyle making my way to the mall. Then I would make my way to the back-up vehicle using the mall's hidden( like for employees) corridors. Once I get to the back-up vehicle, I would drive to WV lol and head for the woods where the bike would be.Lol.

Posted by: 3rd DWI ()
Date: May 04, 2014 02:36AM

Well looky here

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.