HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VA unemployed benifts
Posted by: Jackie P ()
Date: August 04, 2011 02:11AM

I was layoff my job on May 10, 2010. I haven't had much luck getting a job since then. so am still unemployed for many weeks. I was on the VA unemployed ment website and its says the following. does it mean they will get out my weekly benfits at week 73 and not 86?

1) Regular Unemployment Insurance = up to 26 weeks
2) Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Tier I = up to 20 weeks
3) EUC Tier II = up to 14 weeks
4) EUC Tier III (for states with a TUR of 6.0%) = up to 13 weeks
5) State Extended Benefits (EB) = up to 13 weeks
Total = up to 86 weeks

Note: EUC Tier IV applies to states with a TUR of 8.5% providing up to an additional 13 weeks of benefits therefore raising the total to 99 weeks being reported.

This new legislation authorizes:

A) An individual to now receive compensation under the next EUC tier in sequence as they exhaust eligibility in a prior program. It also allows us to apply eligibility retroactively.
(Ex: Claimant exhausted Tier I with Benefits Week Ending 6-19-10. Tier II would be effective 6-20-10.)

B) The Federal government to reimburse states 100% of the benefit costs for the State EB programs. (Please note: The fact that the total unemployment rate for Virginia has dropped below 6.5% means that Virginia has "triggered off" of the EB program and we are unable to pay EB benefits beyond the week ending May 14, 2011.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VA unemployed benifts
Posted by: employed ()
Date: August 04, 2011 05:47AM

Get off the internet, copying and pasting in the middle of the night, and get a real job. Maybe if you weren't looking for a hand out you might have better luck getting a job

Posted by: yourdumb ()
Date: August 04, 2011 10:43AM

Did you read your post moron? What does B say? I'm sure if you were educated enough to have a job you could read that it says VIRGINIA IS BELOW 6.5%, which MEANS no EB OR Tier IV! You sure McDonalds won't hire you back?

Posted by: unemployed ()
Date: August 04, 2011 10:48AM

hey employed whose dick did you suck and wash to get the position your in now? So I guess if everyone wasn't looking for "handouts," we wouldn't have an unemployment rate right? WE HAVE THE WORST UNEMPLOYMENT RATE SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION YOU WOULDA COULDA SHOULDA BEEN AN ABORTION WHEN YOUR CRACKHEAD WHORE MOTHER SHIT YOU OUT OF HER PUSSY

Posted by: backdoor2thefuture ()
Date: August 04, 2011 11:21AM

"So I guess if everyone wasn't looking for handouts, we wouldn't have an unemployment rate right"

yes, especially since the rate in va is like 6%. If you magically stop unemployment insurance (especially in VA), that job that pays 300 a weeks doesnt seem that bad anymore.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: August 04, 2011 11:29AM

6.3% and climbing.

See a lot of Indians in Herndon/Reston/Sterling so there must be a lot of jobs. Of course, they're probably getting paid a lot less, which is easy since they live several to an apartment and Per diems aren't taxed.

Posted by: Employed ()
Date: August 04, 2011 12:52PM

Unemployed, http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/641167.html there you go, not that hard you lazy fuck

Date: August 04, 2011 03:34PM

backdoor2thefuture Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes, especially since the rate in va is like 6%.
> If you magically stop unemployment insurance
> (especially in VA), that job that pays 300 a weeks
> doesnt seem that bad anymore.

Have you ever worked a job that pays $300 a week? Basically working a remedial task that should be performed by a high school dropout? Get dicked around by some asshole who is so proud they never went to college and can push around people with a higher education for $13 an hour? Or basically work that job full time, not have enough time to concentrate on relevant careers, miss interviews, and feel that that $300 a week job is the best you'll ever get? Didn't think so. We all don't have the luxury and privilege of having a high paid career handed to us because we know someone.

Posted by: You should be fired ()
Date: August 04, 2011 04:01PM

You have some fucking nerve. You wont take just any job, you have your pride. That is your problem you are lazy and think you are better than some poor guy working the drive thru at Taco Bell. I have more respect for that guy than I ever would for people like you.
In my opinion anyone who collects unemployment should be required to take any job offered to them, I dont care what job it is.

As an employer I would look for periods of unemployment and ask why you couldnt work. If your answer is you couldnt find the right job then I would pass on hiring you. You would most likely be a work to the rule call in sick every Monday slug.

BTW I have worked cleaning tables and pumping gas so yes I have worked for less than $300 a week. Get off your ass and start working.

Date: August 04, 2011 05:58PM

You worked those jobs when the economy was still in decent shape number one. Number two most likely the guy working the drive through doesn't even have enough education to work anywhere else. Number three you're one to talk you have a nice job. A lot of fucking nerve, you would pass someone for hiring if they couldn't find a job in a toilet economy and because they were looking for something beyond "you want fries with that or hello sir may I help you?" It's called perseverance. You're the reason why dickhole employers like yourself exist and why we're still in a recession. I bet you have low enough character to "pass," someone for employment in favor of someone less educated because he either went to your school or is the relative of a friend of yours. Go to hell

Posted by: you should be fired ()
Date: August 04, 2011 06:10PM

You are damn right I would pass on you. You have a shitty attitude and you look down on other people doing jobs you would never do. You just keep waiting on that dream job that will never happen and a year from now you will be on here bitching about your unemployment checks expiring.

BTW I worked those jobs when Jimmy Carter was in office. If you think those were prosperous times you are a bigger idiot than even I belive. I was def over qualified to be cleaning tables but it was a job and it put money in my pocket.

I put it right down on my resume and I had some employers question why I would take such a job when I had a college degree. All were impressed with what they perceived as a strong work ethic. They were not turned off by the fact I did a job most people like you would not.

Posted by: you should be fired ()
Date: August 04, 2011 07:27PM

Against my better judgement I will try to help you out. First you have to lose the attitude that because you have a degree someone better hire you. The job market is cut throat today.

I recommend you figure out what kind of job you are seeking. Research the companies that hire for that position. Then go to those companies, if they do not hire you for that position apply for a lower grade job in the same company.
It is much easier to move up in a company where you already work than to break in cold from the outside.
I have seen people move up from a mail room to tech support in a matter of months if they have something on the ball. Only you can sell yourself.

Posted by: Paneer ()
Date: August 04, 2011 07:49PM

Les Wrote:
> 6.3% and climbing.
>
> See a lot of Indians in Herndon/Reston/Sterling so
> there must be a lot of jobs. Of course, they're
> probably getting paid a lot less, which is easy
> since they live several to an apartment and Per
> diems aren't taxed.

Indians in general are pretty well paid. Keep in mind they have work visas are are in general highly educated.

Indian friend i have has an H1 visa gets paid 67500 two years out of college (with a masters). His brother also with an H1 gets 93000 no masters.

Posted by: You have no clue... ()
Date: August 04, 2011 08:06PM

You should be fired Wrote:
> You have some fucking nerve. You wont take just
> any job, you have your pride. That is your problem
> you are lazy and think you are better than some
> poor guy working the drive thru at Taco Bell. I
> have more respect for that guy than I ever would
> for people like you.
> In my opinion anyone who collects unemployment
> should be required to take any job offered to
> them, I dont care what job it is.
>
> As an employer I would look for periods of
> unemployment and ask why you couldnt work. If your
> answer is you couldnt find the right job then I
> would pass on hiring you. You would most likely be
> a work to the rule call in sick every Monday
> slug.
>
> BTW I have worked cleaning tables and pumping gas
> so yes I have worked for less than $300 a week.
> Get off your ass and start working.

Maybe if you ever get and work a decent job, you'd actually understand What it takes to get and keep a decent job...douchebag..

Employers who offer decent jobs actually would understand... so we know you have no effin clue.. homie

Date: August 04, 2011 09:26PM

you should be fired Wrote:
> You are damn right I would pass on you. You have a
> shitty attitude and you look down on other people
> doing jobs you would never do. You just keep
> waiting on that dream job that will never happen
> and a year from now you will be on here bitching
> about your unemployment checks expiring.
>
> BTW I worked those jobs when Jimmy Carter was in
> office. If you think those were prosperous times
> you are a bigger idiot than even I belive. I was
> def over qualified to be cleaning tables but it
> was a job and it put money in my pocket.
>
> I put it right down on my resume and I had some
> employers question why I would take such a job
> when I had a college degree. All were impressed
> with what they perceived as a strong work ethic.
> They were not turned off by the fact I did a job
> most people like you would not.

1.) Not on unemployment. 2.) I got laid off twice since I've gotten my degree working in retail. Which by the way I didn't bust my ass in college for but I did it to keep myself busy and as a result had little time to apply for jobs, let alone go to interviews. I guarantee I've been through more grief and let down in the past two years than you will ever have to go through. And I also guarantee if you were in my shoes you'd slit your wrists you pussy. 3.) I'm busting my ass to get into the Army which by the way is like applying to a private sector job these days, not like before when if you breathed you could enlist regardless of weight, criminal background, or education. So don't call me lazy, right there you're full of shit! 4.) If what you wrote is true and you did have to take a job under you have obviously forgotten what hard times are like you fucking sellout!

Posted by: Uncle Sam ()
Date: August 04, 2011 11:03PM

unemployed Wrote:
> you should be fired Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You are damn right I would pass on you. You have
> a
> > shitty attitude and you look down on other
> people
> > doing jobs you would never do. You just keep
> > waiting on that dream job that will never
> happen
> > and a year from now you will be on here
> bitching
> > about your unemployment checks expiring.
> >
> > BTW I worked those jobs when Jimmy Carter was
> in
> > office. If you think those were prosperous
> times
> > you are a bigger idiot than even I belive. I
> was
> > def over qualified to be cleaning tables but it
> > was a job and it put money in my pocket.
> >
> > I put it right down on my resume and I had some
> > employers question why I would take such a job
> > when I had a college degree. All were impressed
> > with what they perceived as a strong work
> ethic.
> > They were not turned off by the fact I did a
> job
> > most people like you would not.
>
>
> 1.) Not on unemployment. 2.) I got laid off
> twice since I've gotten my degree working in
> retail. Which by the way I didn't bust my ass in
> college for but I did it to keep myself busy and
> as a result had little time to apply for jobs, let
> alone go to interviews. I guarantee I've been
> through more grief and let down in the past two
> years than you will ever have to go through. And
> I also guarantee if you were in my shoes you'd
> slit your wrists you pussy. 3.) I'm busting my
> ass to get into the Army which by the way is like
> applying to a private sector job these days, not
> like before when if you breathed you could enlist
> regardless of weight, criminal background, or
> education. So don't call me lazy, right there
> you're full of shit! 4.) If what you wrote is
> true and you did have to take a job under you have
> obviously forgotten what hard times are like you
> fucking sellout!

Applying to the Army? You must mean as an officer? enlisted is a fucking joke.

Did you try national guard? All branches of service? (they have different recruiting needs, Navy might be a good choice but army is the biggest).

Posted by: unemployed is a fag ()
Date: August 05, 2011 12:39AM

He's busting is ass....equals, he's a fat FUCK, and trying to loose the 300 pounds of being over weight. Keep trying bitch. You sure you don't want to apply at McDonalds? I'm sure you'll get all the big mac's you want without trying to lose a junk yards worth of spare tires.

Posted by: UnEmp ()
Date: August 05, 2011 07:47PM

I am unemployed as well. Have been for nearly 8 Months. I got my 26 weeks, and and now on EUC for 20. I HATE this! I want a job, but my field of work is specialized, and there isn't much out there for me. I have applied for other jobs, but it's just a tough time. Hang in there, and keep searching.

Posted by: FUCK_U_WELFARE ()
Date: August 05, 2011 08:47PM

"but my field of work is specialized"

what is your work specialized in?

Why did you limit yourself. Can you do something in between?

Posted by: its_not_welfare ()
Date: August 05, 2011 09:29PM

unemployed is a fag Wrote:
> He's busting is ass....equals, he's a fat FUCK,
> and trying to loose the 300 pounds of being over
> weight. Keep trying bitch. You sure you don't
> want to apply at McDonalds? I'm sure you'll get
> all the big mac's you want without trying to lose
> a junk yards worth of spare tires.

weight can be lost which means I can join, however in your case intelligence can't be gained so I guess you're always gonna be too retarded to join the military. As far as applying to McDonalds I would but I don't wanna take your job away and plus I don't feel like putting up with your mother coming in and taking one look at the menu and just saying ok. Anyways I don't wanna waste your time with the truth because I know you got to get back to doing what you best sucking another dick

Posted by: to--its_not_welfare () ()
Date: August 05, 2011 10:08PM

its_not_welfare Wrote:
> unemployed is a fag Wrote:
> -----
> > He's busting is ass....equals, he's a fat FUCK,
> > and trying to loose the 300 pounds of being
> over
> > weight. Keep trying bitch. You sure you don't
> > want to apply at McDonalds? I'm sure you'll
> get
> > all the big mac's you want without trying to
> lose
> > a junk yards worth of spare tires.
>
> weight can be lost which means I can join, however
> in your case intelligence can't be gained so I
> guess you're always gonna be too retarded to join
> the military. As far as applying to McDonalds I
> would but I don't wanna take your job away and
> plus I don't feel like putting up with your mother
> coming in and taking one look at the menu and just
> saying ok. Anyways I don't wanna waste your time
> with the truth because I know you got to get back
> to doing what you best sucking another dick

You really make yourself sound really educated.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: August 05, 2011 10:26PM

Paneer Wrote:
> Les Wrote:
> -----
> > 6.3% and climbing.
> >
> > See a lot of Indians in Herndon/Reston/Sterling
> so
> > there must be a lot of jobs. Of course,
> they're
> > probably getting paid a lot less, which is easy
> > since they live several to an apartment and Per
> > diems aren't taxed.
>
>
> Indians in general are pretty well paid. Keep in
> mind they have work visas are are in general
> highly educated.
>
> Indian friend i have has an H1 visa gets paid
> 67500 two years out of college (with a masters).
> His brother also with an H1 gets 93000 no masters.

I've worked with recent arrivals from India that were making less than 40K. There's seems to be a large variation in productivity and

There's a lot of Indian expats who came from their banking and telecom industry. They've been here for many years. I used to work at BT. I used to see a lot of recent arrivals from India, China, and Taiwan who were H1bs. If they were new with little US experience, they made less (40K) than comparable US graduates.

Posted by: News Bug ()
Date: August 08, 2011 03:59PM

The unemployed need not apply.

That is the message being broadcast by many of the nation’s employers, making it even more difficult for 14 million jobless Americans to get back to work.

A recent review of job vacancy postings on popular sites like Monster.com, CareerBuilder and Craigslist revealed hundreds that said employers would consider (or at least “strongly prefer”) only people currently employed or just recently laid off.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110725/ZNYT01/107253032?tc=obinsite

Posted by: actively seeking job ()
Date: January 01, 2012 05:25PM

It's tough finding ANY job out here, so I sympathize. I actually started looking for a new job a year before I was laid off due to budget cuts. I interviewed after work, on my lunch hour for any type of job, including entry level. I've had job offers rescinded (by email, no less!) even when I thought that I had that new job with a start date and could get off UE benefits. It's tough. There are simply NO jobs out here of ANY kind. It is my impression that employers are just collecting resumes/applications for when they start to hire again.

Posted by: working again ()
Date: January 01, 2012 06:23PM

I got laid off in 2009. I put ads on craigslist and started cleaning gutters and hauling junk for various homeowners. I made enough the first 3 months to get licenced and insured. My 20 year old pickup served me well. I got some ladders and started power washing homes and decks. The calls kept rolling in and I was having trouble keeping up. People were giving me tips to the tune of a couple hundred a week. At the end of the year I had made almost 60k. In 2010 I got a snow blade installed on my truck and made a KILLING that winter. In early 2011 I got hired by a local county government for a mere 50k but good health insurance and other bennies. I never had time to even think about applying for unemployment assistance.
Even now I do a little work on the weekends to supplement my current low salary.

If you want to work you can.

Date: January 01, 2012 11:01PM

Yes, you have to make it happen. In my area there are a lot of unofficial businesses/unlicensed daycare centers being run from the homes because they need to eat, feed the kids, and keep a roof over their heads. Many people sell their possessions. But I am looking for a job because I need health insurance as I have a permanent disability and I can't afford to pay for health insurance myself as I have a pre-existing condition ( which would cost me a couple thousand a month) or work 1099 as the taxes are too high for us. Even the so-called state funded high risk pools are out of reach for us. So I need to go the regular job route. My last FT job didn't pay much, but it had health insurance until they cut the budget. I am willing to take entry level and pay my dues; I've applied to entry level jobs in the hope that someone would cut me a break. And I don't tell prospective employers that I have a disability. During my last time of unemployment I worked call center because it at least paid minimum wage, although no health insurance, and I could flex my hours to do a job search and work. You just have to keep applying in the hopes of getting even a PT job for a while. I also look at 'retiree' jobs that don't pay much, but at least it would be something.

Posted by: pwjob ()
Date: January 02, 2012 09:36AM

Macy's always hires! They are bastards to work for and your managers will treat you like a retard but it pays ok in some cases. The only drawback is that they expect you to make it your life. You have to sell their sub prime store credit cards and make ridiculous sales quotas.

Date: January 02, 2012 03:19PM

I did that back in the 80s for five weeks. It was a terrible experience-I once had to work an 'Iron Day.' I was there from 8:30 AM until closing at 11 PM with only one break. It convinced me that Macy's was a terrible employer. Another time,we had a blizzard and nothing was moving--I got a call from the department manager who demanded that I ignore the State Police directive to stay off the roads, and come in to work and she was peeved that I couldn't get there! I guess she slept there over night just so she could keep her department running! I never made the sales quotas. The base pay back then was a $180 a week, if you could stand the abuse from managers and customers. I don't think they offered health insurance, either! Women employees were not allowed to wear pants on the floor. And to sell their clothing lines, they wanted you, the salesperson to buy the outfit and wear it at Macy's during your shift!I just couldn't buy into their hype or afford the clothes, so I left. Fortunately, I found a job in my field so I got on with my life and chalked it up to experience and I have great respect for anyone who works retail for a living....

Posted by: Mr Macy ()
Date: January 02, 2012 03:21PM

I try to fix that

Posted by: Hussein Obama ()
Date: January 02, 2012 05:48PM

Vote for my re-election, and I promise to keep you on the dole for another four years! Those damn Repukes expect you to work for a living - eff 'em! Work is for suckers - vote Dem, set your sights low, and let Uncle Sam take care of you!

Posted by: Obamarules ()
Date: January 02, 2012 07:34PM

Hussein Obama Wrote:
> Vote for my re-election, and I promise to keep you
> on the dole for another four years! Those damn
> Repukes expect you to work for a living - eff 'em!
> Work is for suckers - vote Dem, set your sights
> low, and let Uncle Sam take care of you!

That's groovy dude start a Tea Party!

Posted by: Asw ()
Date: January 02, 2012 08:14PM

Roooovey woovy duuuude. Start a negro party.

Posted by: bomble ()
Date: January 02, 2012 09:33PM

Worst speller in the world this guy. +1 for the hilarious response name

Date: January 03, 2012 03:21PM

No, I have always worked for a living. As hard as it is, I am still looking for employment (but not at Macy's!)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.