HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
regarding my ticket
Posted by: julie ()
Date: May 02, 2011 01:48PM

The speed limit is 35mph unless the 25mph sign is flashing which it was not. I got my ticket at 226p. Not sure when the signs start but the officer told me they were in effect. Another person who was ticketed by the same officer was in court before me and she told the judge that the speed limit of 25 was not flashing. The judge asked the officer if he checked to see if the 25mph sign was flashing. He replied yes. The judge sided with the officer. Just saying we all better be careful from 220p on and not go above the 25mph. It's too hard to prove otherwise. I'm poorer but wiser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: regarding my ticket
Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: May 02, 2011 02:03PM

You were probably yapping on your cell phone and didn't see the flashing lights.

Posted by: HoeMoaner ()
Date: May 02, 2011 02:11PM

What street was this?

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 02, 2011 02:36PM

I fought the law, law won.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 02, 2011 02:40PM

julie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just saying we all
> better be careful from 220p on and not go above
> the 25mph. It's too hard to prove otherwise. I'm
> poorer but wiser.

If this street is in Gainseville or on the way there, be warned that drivers that live there expect you to go 10 miles over the posted speed limit because they read that sign and "limit" to them means "minimum." I don't get it because going over the speed limit is a "speeding" ticket, but they insist they are correct.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: May 02, 2011 02:58PM

"The judge asked the officer if he checked to see if the 25mph sign was flashing. He replied yes." Shocking. It is amazing how often the police officer did exactly what the judge asked him about. Sometimes they actually do it and sometimes they don't, but they are almost always "smart" enough to say "yes" when the judge asks them about it. Surprisingly very few drivers seem to think to double check for themselves and fewer drivers still think to get it on tape.

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: May 02, 2011 03:06PM

There are flashing 25MPH signs on Poplar Tree in both directions, the one headed to Stone Road works pretty much 100% of the time, the one headed to Westfield Blvd almost never works. The Sully Park Drive flashing signs, both directions, seem to work pretty much 100%.

View Larger Map

Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: May 02, 2011 03:14PM

Did you bother to go back and check on the light to see if it was flashing or go the next school day at the same time and check it out. A simple cell phone pic at the same time would go a long way.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 02, 2011 04:25PM

Bill N Wrote:
> Surprisingly very few drivers seem
> to think to double check for themselves and fewer
> drivers still think to get it on tape.

People bring videocassette recorders with them? Why do that when most modern phones will capture video?

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: May 02, 2011 06:23PM

justsayin Wrote:
> Bill N Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> > to think to double check for themselves and
> fewer
> > drivers still think to get it on tape.
>
> People bring videocassette recorders with them?
> Why do that when most modern phones will capture
> video?

It's an expression, but since you ask...I'm not saying you cannot use your cell phone to MAKE the recording. However, most courts in this area will not allow you to bring your camera equipped cell phone into the courthouse, and some judges won't bother looking at cell phone recordings. You need to find out in advance what the court will allow re the format to present to the court.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.