HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
cops....court
Posted by: fairfax county ()
Date: April 17, 2011 01:43AM

i was caught stealing from jc penny and they are charging me with petty larceny. mycourt date is in a few days buton any ffx county website there is no trace of this incident. on the fairfax county district court for crime my case is no where to be found. not only that but my friend got a ticket and it was on that website the next day. i have never gotten introuble before and i know what i did was wrong, it honestly was my first time. im white, an A student and im going to my court date but i was wondering has anyone experienced something like this? could the cop throw the sheet away and not report it? what if he doesnt show up?not onlythat but this cop i told him to look me up by my ssn and he said i had plus 3driving points and nothing pending. so im MUCHO confused. pleaseleave comments! i think i had one chill ass cop that didnt care about 20 dollars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cops....court
Posted by: chill ass cop ()
Date: April 17, 2011 01:47AM

Better show up. You're looking at 6 months at least. Hope that $20 was worth it.

Date: April 17, 2011 01:50AM

lol if i was going to jail he would of taken me there already

Posted by: Don't Be So Sure ()
Date: April 17, 2011 03:09AM

Actually, you could still go to jail AND be fined depending on the outcome of your case. Also, it can take awhile for the information to appear on the county website, if at all. If you got a summons (carbon copy) from the arresting officer (And, yes, you were arrested though you may not have been cuffed and taken to jail.) you need to appear when it says to appear. Otherwise, you could have a warrant issued, which I doubt will happen though given the crime.

Date: April 17, 2011 12:46PM

im deffinatly gonna appear.

Posted by: .-. ()
Date: April 17, 2011 12:49PM

I somehow doubt you are white.

Posted by: petit larceny ()
Date: April 17, 2011 03:08PM

JC pennys are extremely serious about there security. I heard they have a very high tech security system that does not use any type of cameras but heat traced customer theft. anyways my friend once got busted from stealing from JC penny and all of the corporate people showed up to court. my friend stole a 15 dollar shirt. She went to court and she was charged with misdameanor petit larceny and the only option she was given was 15 days in jail. no probation, no community service, nofine. just jail time. you will definitely go to jail for a month 100 percent

Posted by: Alphonse Capone ()
Date: April 17, 2011 04:24PM

Who the hell steals from Pennys?

At least make it worth your while like that fat lady that stole hundreds of thousands from the PTA.

Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: April 17, 2011 09:30PM

r u a juvenile? they dont post juvenile case info online, if you we're informed of your ct date and ur a juvie, id suggest showing up, nothing puts a kid in a worse light than skipping court...

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 17, 2011 09:44PM

petit larceny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JC pennys are extremely serious about there
> security. I heard they have a very high tech
> security system that does not use any type of
> cameras but heat traced customer theft. anyways
> my friend once got busted from stealing from JC
> penny and all of the corporate people showed up to
> court. my friend stole a 15 dollar shirt. She went
> to court and she was charged with misdameanor
> petit larceny and the only option she was given
> was 15 days in jail. no probation, no community
> service, nofine. just jail time. you will
> definitely go to jail for a month 100 percent

Sounds like she had a pathetic defense attorney, and/or a rap sheet.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: istoleonce ()
Date: April 19, 2011 10:10AM

if you don't show, they'll put out a warrant for your arrest, then you'll have two counts against you.

get a lawyer. show up. plead guilty. bring as much supporting evidence of grades, honors, future college scholarships, proof of race (lol) etc.

sucks that you got nabbed by the cops. when i "shoplifted" i was over 18, and even though it was a very large amount of merchandice, they let me walk out of the store and said "you can't ever come back, we have a picture of you in our office"

i still go back every once in a while. but i dont steal things. learn your lesson kid.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 19, 2011 10:22AM

shoplifting is "big business" these days, that's why more cops are involved instead of just the store detectives.

When I was busted (back when great lizards roamed the Earth), the detective called my mom who had to come from work and get me. All she said was "I am very disappointed in you" and that was enough to turn my ass around, that's for sure.

Anyways, OP is prolly not looking at any jail time if yr a kid and AS LONG AS YOU GET AN ATTORNEY and not fuck around with this. Take it as serious as a heart attack. Might want to talk to the Prosecuting Attorney, see what they think about your case as well. That will give you a heads-up on what they are going to try and get from the judge. And yeah, you might get some slammertime. Consider it a lesson learned and GET A JOB, pay for yr crap nextime ;)

Posted by: Lawyer Dude ()
Date: April 19, 2011 01:55PM

Look, it goes like this. If you have no record, the judge will ask you if you would like to be intereviewed for the first-offender diversion program (in Fairfax County, this is called the OAR program). If you agree to the program, you will be expected to enter a plea of Guilty, and the case will be continud to set date about 6 months out. You will need to perform 50 hours community service, attend a one-time "class", and stay out of trouble for that 6 months. If you fulfill these requirements, the charge will be dismissed at the end of the 6 months (although not expungable).

If you don't want to do the program, the judge will likely give you a fine ($100 or $200 or so), but this will mean a permanent conviction.

Unless you plead not guilty and obviously perjure yourself on the stand, there's no way you're going to jail for this.

-Lawyer Dude

Posted by: ex ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:01PM

OP better get his butt lube ready. Sounds like he will be ripe for becoming a prison bitch.

Posted by: Fire ()
Date: April 19, 2011 09:14PM

Your color is irrelevant. The bottom line is that you are just another criminal. The only reason you are sorry, is because you got caught otherwise you would have been back to JC to steal more merchandise. So i hope you get at least 6 months in jail, hopefully you will learn your lesson. I have no empathy for guy/criminal like you. If you thought that was "cool", think again.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 19, 2011 09:19PM

@OP - listen to lawyerdude and not another single person on this thread. Found out from other legal eagles that he/she is indeed very correct in how the county will handle yr case, as long as it's the first time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.