HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Religious Library Worker
Posted by: Finch ()
Date: October 12, 2007 10:11PM

So apparently there's a homeless gentleman who volunteers at the local library with a bike that has all these signs on it about God not existing and man being a plague and such. I've only seen his bike once, but apparently he's pretty well known at the soup kitchens and stuff.

Anyone have pictures of his bike, or know who I'm talking about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Religious Library Worker
Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: October 12, 2007 10:31PM

Dude...that bike has been there for YEARS. When I volunteered at CRL in 2002, was the first time I saw it. I don't have pictures, but I know what you are talking about. I'm surprised nobody has just stolen or taken it down. Still, that guy is making good use of his first amendment.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: October 13, 2007 12:15PM

Dude what library? Haha I'm not too familiar with most of them...

I do remember this homeless dude who dressed up like Jesus Christ and held up signs by TJ high school...Haha a classy guy, always waved if you honked at him.

Posted by: felin ()
Date: October 13, 2007 12:31PM

He's a really ice guy. Leave him alone.

Date: October 13, 2007 12:43PM

Which bum are you referring to?

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: October 13, 2007 12:52PM

Please we do not refer to them as "bums" anymore. In Hillaryspeak they are homeless and financially challenged.

Date: October 13, 2007 01:08PM

Well Hill can suck my cockadoodledoo...

I'm sure she would love to tax the hair off my balls to buy them Iphones or something...

ehh fuck it, I'm not impressed with any of the candidates so far...

Date: October 13, 2007 01:14PM

No, you are thinking of some other person Stinkfist. This is in Centreville, and I've never seen the guy.

Posted by: Finch ()
Date: October 13, 2007 02:44PM

Felin, I'm not trying to start this thread as anything negative.

Personally, I think the guy has to be cool if he lives such an interesting life.

I'd just like to learn more about him, is all.

Sounds like the kind of person I could write a story about.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 13, 2007 04:36PM

So evidently he used to live near the library and rode his bike there. (Maybe in the mexican aprtments before they got taken down?)

But he moved to maryland. Now he straps his bike to his car each morning and drives here to shelve books. He still brings his bike so he can excercise his right to free speech, but some soccer moms or who ever rich people they were, compalined to the library about it.

SO there was a big bru-hah-ha (always wanted to use that word) over it. THe guy won, but he has to put his bike farther away from the entrance I think.

Date: October 13, 2007 05:28PM

Thanks for the update. I would have been so pissed if he wasn't permitted to bring his bike anymore.

Posted by: dirtyharry ()
Date: October 13, 2007 08:39PM

He rents a room in the town homes next to what was once Sunset Knolls, the MS-13 HQ of centreville. The wacko arsonist guy also lived there, till his arrest. Strange group of folks in that end of town. The townhome development has gun happy security guards that love to illegally detain "trespassers". Walk down the sidewalk between 7pm-2am and they are likely to throw the cuffs on you. A lawsuit waiting to happen.

Posted by: hellothere ()
Date: October 14, 2007 09:53AM

I don't remember a wacko arsonist story line. What was that all about?

Posted by: dirtyharry ()
Date: October 17, 2007 02:50AM

Two years ago a nut that lived in the town homes across from the Centreville library was lighting dumpsters in the area. He also destroyed the fence between Sunset Knolls & the condos, and started a fire in a dumpster behind the Centreville post office. He also loved pulling fire alarms. Fairfax County Arson investigators staked out the Knolls and nailed him in the act. The guy was working at a Centreville restaurant last I hear. A real whack JOB, looked like Charlie Manson and was at the Shade Tree all the time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.