HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Laurel Hill Kidnapping attempt
Posted by: concerned parent ()
Date: October 09, 2007 08:14PM

I received a recorded call from FFX Co public schoos tonight that two young girls were approached by a white van with MD plates today and a man inside grabbed one of the girls and tried to pull her into the van. She managed to get away. BE CAREFUL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Laurel Hill Kidnapping attempt
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:06AM

o for a sec i thought you said Lauren Hill...

Posted by: ? ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:36AM

Didn't something else happen near Laurel Hill area before? Kids were walking home from school and they were robbed? And didn’t some kids get beat up? I bet this is hurting the real estate over there. Boy, I’m glad I didn’t buy a house in that area, it sounds like a terrible place to live.

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: October 10, 2007 11:20AM

Creepy! That kid must have been terrified each time he ran to a house and nobody was home...

Attempted Abduction in Lorton Area

Police responded to the 8100 block of Bluebonnet Drive in the Laurel Hill community for a report of an attempted abduction on Tuesday, October 9. A 12-year-old boy was walking to school around 8:30 a.m. on Rhododendron Circle. When he reached Native Violet Drive, he heard a horn blowing from a van. The boy ignored the horn and continued walking. The driver continued blowing the horn near the 8100 block of Bluebonnet Drive and appeared to be slowly following the boy. The boy used a cellular telephone to call his father, who directed him to call police.

The boy ran to the nearest house on Bluebonnet Drive to get help, as the van turned around. No one answered at that house so he ran to a second house and got no response. The van appeared next to him, the passenger rolled the window down and grabbed the child’s arm. The victim escaped and made it to another home, this one on Rhododendron Circle. The residents there were able to help him inside. The victim was not injured and the suspects fled in the van.

The vehicle was described as an older-model, Ford panel van with faded, orange lettering on the side spelling “Tiling Co.” There was a picture or drawing of tiles under a phone number. The suspect was about 30 years old and Hispanic. He had long, brown hair and an unshaven face. He wore a white, V-neck shirt and a light green cap. The suspect also had two tattoos. One was on his neck drawn like a necklace with two lines, the other on his right forearm. The driver of the van appeared to be about 40 years old, also Hispanic.

Anyone with information about the van or suspects is asked to call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477 or Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Date: October 10, 2007 11:30AM

wow wouldnt it have been nice if they cought the phone number or plates?

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 10, 2007 12:33PM

I blame door-to-door solicitors for finding "empty" houses. If I heard a knock on the door when I wasn't expecting anyone I'd ignore it too, assuming it was a salesman or school boosters kid or something. Maybe if we didn't have those fuckin annoying people knocking on our door every second we'd check the door when someone knocked.

Date: October 10, 2007 12:56PM

in the 8 years I've lived in VA.. i've had maybe one soliciter...

who i think was a ex-crackhead.. i just found it wierd when I open the door fast and kinda stepped into it he backed way up and was like "no trouble"

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 10, 2007 01:23PM

A WHITE guy robbed a bank!

Check October's police report
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/

It's interesting to see the ethnic groups that fill the police blotter and county jail. I wish that the criminal illegal aliens would be reported, sent to jail or prison, and deported.

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: October 10, 2007 03:03PM

I always get the fucking Mormons or Jehovah's Witness or whoever they are trying to give me bibles and shit.

Its not that Im not religious, I just dont want their shit.

That REALLY sucks for that kid though...trying to find help when some psycho is out trying to get you into the van.

Date: October 10, 2007 03:09PM

speaking of mormons.. I'd never seen one till i moved here.. and theyre all over!

just like the movies.. black pants, white shirt, black tie.. and a mountain bike.. camel pack optional.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 03:09PM by bdimag.

Posted by: Ohh Please ()
Date: October 12, 2007 01:51PM

LAUREL HILL? FAIRFAX STATION? MASON NECK? IT's all LORTON Morons... Home of the Sewage treatment plant A.K.A. "The Stink Hole" The dump, and numerous crappy welfare apartments off route one.. Just because you bought a McMansion next in a toilet doesn't mean its no longer a toilet. Boo Hoo.. someone broke into my $500K luxury townhouse built right next to crackhead condos!

Posted by: duh ()
Date: October 12, 2007 07:40PM

bdimag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> speaking of mormons.. I'd never seen one till i
> moved here.. and theyre all over!
>
> just like the movies.. black pants, white shirt,
> black tie.. and a mountain bike.. camel pack
> optional.

You must be thinking of another bunch...

Sen. Orrin Hatch and Bill Marriott of the hotel chain wear regular business suits. Steve Young wore a San Francisco 49ers uniform a lot.

The Amish all dress the same...but they ride in horse-drawn buggies, not bikes...

Posted by: Andrea ()
Date: October 13, 2007 03:52AM

I was going to say, you were probably thinking of Amish.

I HAVE seen some around here, they were crossing the street near Fair City Mall ((unless they werent Amish, but Im pretty sure they were.))

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.