HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nevermind I think Elliot is still on. DC101 is changing direction with music.
Posted by: allivant ()
Date: September 19, 2007 10:03PM

Not that I listened ever. I turned on this morning and all I heard was 80s rock/metal.

Junkies > EITM

vaburbia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2007 10:46PM by allivant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Haha, that hyena Elliot is not on DC101
Posted by: DCRTV Reader ()
Date: September 19, 2007 10:08PM

Why do you say Elliot is gone? According to DCRTV, he was on this morning, and after Elliot, the harder stuff started playing, but made no mention to Elliot being gone. The DC101 website still lists him as an on-air personality.

That having been said, I sure hope he's gone. He's fucking awful.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 19, 2007 10:09PM

heard him this morning. you be smokin the pot.

Date: September 19, 2007 10:21PM

from dcrtv

DC101 Gets Hard - 9/19 - Ever since the end of Elliot Segal's show this morning, Clear Channel's DC101 has swung into a heavy metal, hard rockish mode. A stunt? A new midday or weekly feature? A format flip? The station's website at dc101.com now features an on-air playlist featuring Warrant, Jackyl, Poison, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Dokken, and Tesla. Hmmm. DC101 normally leans in an alternative rock direction.....

vaburbia.com

Date: September 19, 2007 10:22PM

damn i think my friend read the wrong. i think they've just changed format. reading comprehension tsk tsk.

vaburbia.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2007 10:25PM by allivant.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:16PM

DCRTV Reader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That having been said, I sure hope he's gone. He's
> fucking awful.

Me too. From the little I've heard of it, the whole thing sounds painful. It's like listening to a broken record. He says something not-really-funny, and one of his Ed Mcmahons on the mic laughs way too hard. The whole morning talk format is something I wish would crawl away and die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2007 11:17PM by trogdor!.

Re: Nevermind I think Elliot is still on. DC101 is changing direction with music.
Posted by: O&A Party Rock! ()
Date: September 20, 2007 01:12AM

It was a one day thing. They are back to normal. Just a pitiful cry for some attention. I hope DC101 goes away like HFS did, Crappy DC broadcast stations. I'll stick with my XM.

Re: Nevermind I think Elliot is still on. DC101 is changing direction with music.
Posted by: Bulldog ()
Date: September 20, 2007 04:00PM

O&A Party Rock! Wrote:
> It was a one day thing. They are back to normal.
> Just a pitiful cry for some attention. I hope
> DC101 goes away like HFS did, Crappy DC broadcast
> stations. I'll stick with my XM.

Yeah because YOU KNOW we need another EL ZOL!

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: September 20, 2007 04:40PM

O&A Party Rock! Wrote:

I can't afford XM, so DC101 is my only option.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Date: September 20, 2007 05:42PM

O&A Party Rock! Wrote:

I can't even fill up a set of presets on my radio. XM is great but I don't know if I'll renew for $13/mo. I mainly listen to Lucy, Ethel, Fred, and the Golf Network.

vaburbia.com

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: September 20, 2007 06:27PM

XMradio is the only way to go. XM is like moving from mono AM to stereo FM. It is awesome! Great music. Loves the 80's and 90's channels. I also love the fact that I can get the all game scores in real time. Great to be able to flip the dail and see what the scores are in each game.

As for DC101, I have about 20 old CD's they can have. The CD's will probably double their current playlist. Just let me know where to send them.

Posted by: Squeeb ()
Date: September 20, 2007 07:28PM

DC101 has been dead for years. All I listen to is 106.7

Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: September 20, 2007 10:02PM

Sirius>XM

Posted by: XM for life ()
Date: September 20, 2007 11:23PM

Sirius sucks. I hope they don't merge.

Posted by: 70chip ()
Date: September 21, 2007 12:55AM

Personally I prefer local broadcast radio.. I enjoy hearing local people talk about local things.. local sales, local concerts, local events, local issues. I really do not want some national program director deciding for the entire country what I should be listening to. Local flavor is the spice of life. Not to mention ALL satellite radio has a bitrate or sample rate of a really lousy MP3 file. I believe its like 96K/sec Thats pathetic.. even the lamest Mp3's are sampled to atleast 196K/sec .. Maybe its my years of playing guitar and listening, but the low sample rate on satellite really makes the music sound stale, cold, and hollow. Btw - DC101 for DECADES was the local hard rock station with Howard Stern of all people getting his first shot at a big market. National Satellite radio isn't going to discover talent like Howard...

Date: September 21, 2007 10:03AM

Actually the bit rate on newer XMradio sets and satellite channels is much higher, but that's not really the benefit of the higher quality of sound found from satellite radio like XM.

FM is a modulated radio signal and when the signal encounters frequency noise it adds that noise to the signal\station sound. Satellite radio is able to filter out noise by using rate sampling and noise elimination algorithms when uncompressing, thus a clearer sound. FM and AM technology is rather "dumb" technology it only knows to repeat what it receives including static.

As for hearing new great talent, there is FAR more offered on XM radio than local FM. I guess if you want to limit yourself to only hearing talent in the DC area, then local DC radio stations would do that. Personally I can't find any talent on any DC radio or playlists I like, except maybe Elliot, but he is broadcast nationally.

I'm not knocking local radio, but nothing compared to XMradio. I sometimes listen online to local radio stations at beaches or places I like. The ads are half the fun, nothing like hearing waves 2 feet, lifeguards are asking to be becareful today and there will be a crabfest at the fire dept tonight. Or, small town bum-f radio that really cracks me up; "Mrs. Johnson cow got loose."

http://www.us1radio.com/portals/0/us1radio.asx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2007 10:26AM by Lurker..

Posted by: Still love my XM ()
Date: September 21, 2007 10:33AM

If we had a station in the DC area like WNRN in charlottesville I would not need my XM. But till DC radio stops sucking I'll stick with my XM.

Date: September 21, 2007 10:41AM

FYI - Still Love XM - WNRN online - http://www.wnrn.org/music/wnrn.asx

Posted by: Still love my XM ()
Date: September 21, 2007 11:05AM

Can't get online radio in my car yet :) Soon as I figure that out I'll get rid of my XM. But I do listen to WNRN online when I'm at work/home.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.