HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Protas, Spivok and Collins
Posted by: debt buster ()
Date: September 09, 2010 11:28AM

The law firm of Protas Spivok and Collins is scooping up the residue from the collapse of Mann Bracken.

They're also dealing with junk debt buyers like Razor Capital.

Best thing to do, send the debt validation letter. If they persist, sue them in Small Claims Court.

http://protasspivokcollinswatch.blogspot.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Protas, Spivok and Collins
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 09, 2010 02:25PM

Are these one of those zombie debt collectors? Just ignore them and never admit to a debt. These guys are powerless until you admit to having an old debt that was written off.

You can spend years rebuilding your credit history and these parasite collection agencies come at you with ancient debt that can destroy your credit score just by you admitting to never paid on something that was forgotten.

Date: September 09, 2010 03:02PM

Protas, Spivok and Collins is my favorite 70s Super Group!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: lawyers suck ()
Date: September 09, 2010 03:30PM

they do have the power to sue you. they love the default judgement.

that's why it is correct to send the letter asking for validation.

Posted by: jane oden ()
Date: October 02, 2012 04:36AM

this firm is joke and id rather have a 5 year old run it than the partner's wife diane

Posted by: incompetent lawyer watch ()
Date: October 02, 2012 09:28AM

http://protasspivokcollinswatch.blogspot.com/

has updates on them.

Basically they are all show and no go.

They could not even beat Lisa McCants in court, she once cited "I am unemployed" as a defense as to why she should not pay a debt. Phil Collins (yes, that's his name) could not get the court to rule against her.

Demand debt validation. If they can't provide it, tell them to back off.

If they don't, the good advice is taking them to small claims court. Especially in VA< they will not want to waste the day, they will pay you statutory damages under the FDCPA.

If they put it on your Experian and won't remove it, then take Experian to court. In the past, Experian has been ORDERED to appear in court. But for VA, Abril Bedarf Turner may show up as she is from the area.

But the bottom line, tell Protas, Spivok and Collins to put up or shut up.

Posted by: matt spence ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:34PM

I had a judgement against me in 2008---I was served at a prior residence and recently they garnished my bank account---put a hold on $3000 of funds. I paid the original debt and am going to court to re-open/vacate the judgement. Is this the best option? Will they still have to provide validation of debt? I just want these people out of my life. please help/advice

Posted by: matt spence ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:35PM

Hey, will they settle in small claims court? I have had over $500 in fees due to their unfair collection of my money and stuff in VA. I am just wondering if you had success against them or any help would be great.

Posted by: certainly not a lawyer ()
Date: April 10, 2015 03:52PM

You should have had the original judgment set aside because service was no good.

Not sure if you can do that now, but if you could, debt would be outside the VA SOL and you'd be good.

You might want to mention this to them, also threaten them with sanctions for engaging in sewer service. They are far from the best lawyers in the world, they might back down.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.