HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rep. Connolly to slug to work
Posted by: Mantua Mom ()
Date: August 20, 2010 07:17PM

Adapted from a Washington Post article by Ashley Halsey III
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dr-gridlock/2010/08/rep_connolly_to_slug_to_work.html?hpid=newswell

Northern Virginia U.S. Rep. Gerald E. Connolly plans to play the part of a slug on Friday.

As reported on the Post's Dr. Gridlock blog, the Democrat who is running for reelection to represent the 11th District says he plans to begin his day at 7:30 a.m. in the new Tackett's Mill commuter lot in Woodbridge. After driving south from his home in Fairfax, he will take his place in the slug line and catch a northbound ride into Rosslyn, where he'll switch to Metro and ride the rails to Capitol Hill and the Cannon House Office Building.

Connolly, a former chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, plans to spend two weeks in slug lines, and riding commuter trains and buses to try to convince voters that he cares about transportation.

"I learned early in my career that it is important to have a dialogue with those who are most affected by our region's dubious distinctions of having some of the worst traffic congestion in the nation," Connolly said. "Over the years, my constituents have provided me with many good ideas from their first-hand perspectives on our transportation needs."

Left unsaid is that Connolly is responsible for the region's traffic mess through his efforts to encourage unbridled building and immigration during his terms as Supervisor and the short time he has served in Congress.

Connolly said he plans to show up on several commuter routes, including:
Metro's Orange and Blue lines from Fairfax County into the District;
Virginia Railway Express from Prince William County;
Slug lines in Prince William and Fairfax counties;
A Potomac & Rappahannock Transportation Commission commuter bus from Prince William;

He also plans to drive what someone called the longest commute in America from Bristow along Linton Hall Road into D.C. Commuters from Bristow, located just outside of Manassas, have to decide daily whether to take the I95 or I66 corridor into work.

After the publicity campaign ends, Connolly will return to using his car for his weekly and sometimes daily trips from Fairfax to Capitol Hill. His Congressional plates make him exempt from HOV restrictions, and he has a free reserved underground parking space at the Capitol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rep. Connolly to slug to work
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 20, 2010 07:29PM

Who cares? I'm NOT convinced.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: Pissed as Hell ()
Date: August 20, 2010 09:32PM

More gimmicks from this ass clown. Unfortunately, that's all it will take for some to vote for the sewer sucker. He "cares", MY ASS.

Posted by: someonewhoknows ()
Date: August 21, 2010 02:40AM

Maybe he got "another" DWI...oh wait...that first one kinda.....evaporated

lol

what a goon

Posted by: Feckless ()
Date: August 21, 2010 08:39AM

Feckless Connolly. What a pandering, repugnant specimen. Can a person be any more pathetic than him?

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: August 21, 2010 08:59AM

Feckless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Feckless Connolly. What a pandering, repugnant
> specimen. Can a person be any more pathetic than
> him?

apparently not

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: CdC ()
Date: August 21, 2010 12:14PM

Vote the jerk out. He voted for 1.1 trillion dollar health care catastrophe and is now trying to act like he is concerned about debt.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.