HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
stop-sign ticket tossed out by judge, but why is my friend's name still in the Fairfax arrest/ticket search results?
Posted by: Aerator ()
Date: June 09, 2007 05:26PM

My friend got a stop-sign ticket. I was in the truck with her and
she really did "stop"(actually a rolling stop but she did slow down
to less than human walking speed)

Anyway, she went to court and pleaded with the judge. She hasn't
even had a parking ticket since she started driving at age 16.
She's 43 now, so it's pretty impressive not to have ANY ticket in
almost 30 years of driving. The case was dismissed.

However.... why is her name still showing up on the arrest/ticket
search? Shouldn't it have been removed?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stop-sign ticket tossed out by judge, but why is my friend's name still in the Fairfax arrest/ticket search results?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 09, 2007 05:52PM

The search isn't run by the county and not connected to the police or to the courts, so how would anyone know to take it out? Plus the search shows arrests/tickets, not convictions. Your friend got a ticket and that fact didn't change.

Re: stop-sign ticket tossed out by judge, but why is my friend's name still in the Fairfax arrest/ticket search results?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 09, 2007 08:41PM

the arrest/ticket database merely states who was arrested or who was issued a ticket. the outcome of the case does not effect the list.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Z ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:21PM

Who exactly is making the lists then? If its not the county then who is adding them all up. Sounds like a loser to me.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:55PM

The list is published weekly by the county. They are just being continuously downloaded and compiled here so that you can search back a few years.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 10, 2007 07:20AM

The state of virginia has a database that shows all the tickets listed here (and every other gdc ticket for almost every jurisdiction since the late 90's).

The disposition of the ticket will be shown, so if your friend is in a snit and feels she has to show people how she isn't guilty, then she can go to www.courts.state.va.us, go to general district court case info, pick her county or city, and show people she walked on the charge.

She is really overreacting, or you on her behalf. Public police, public roads, public records. Deal.

Posted by: mw451 ()
Date: June 12, 2007 06:39PM

I'm on the list too, Never ticketed or arrested. The date is wrong, and the charges are wrong. My case is currently "on hold" for 1 year, (10 months to go), and will then be dismissed and expunged.

But here I will stay listed for all the Intertubes to see.

mw

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:32AM

For crying out loud, it's a stop sign ticket, not cocaine possession or something. Just relax and take a deep breath - nobody gives a fuck about your minor traffic ticket, guilty or not, expunged or not.

And when I say nobody cares, I don't mean people on this site, I mean "everyone".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2007 12:32AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: Richard ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:32PM

Websters,

Stop: Verb
Come to a halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"

Doesn't say anything about slow down, roll or walking speed.

She must have had a nice rack for the judge to let her off.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.