HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone here s registered delegate for the Republican nominating convention?
Posted by: Proud Trumptard ()
Date: March 24, 2021 11:51AM

I wanted to register and vote for the nutcase Sergio De la Pena, the only official Trumptard running, but I don't know how and where to vote.

You have to go online and fill out a form to register to vote in the Republican "primary," which is not a primary, which I will do today. But, in order to vote in the "primary," you need to sign a pledge saying you will vote Republican in the fall. Since the vote is secret, can they sue me or put me in jail if I don't vote, or they say I didn't vote, Republican?

Also, I am in Kerri Delaney's district. How and who should I vote for on the Republican ticket?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone here s registered delegate for the Republican nominating convention?
Posted by: Red lion ()
Date: March 24, 2021 12:01PM

Screw the Republican Party of Virginia. They have taken voter suppression in primaries to the highest levels possible. Alienating voters is not a viable plan to win in the general election.

Posted by: Brian help ()
Date: March 24, 2021 12:14PM

BrianSchoeneman please address op's issues.

Posted by: Bannon=sux ()
Date: March 25, 2021 08:24AM

It’s called precinct fagget

You Bannon Incels believe all his bullshit.

Beto 2024!

Posted by: They need to be stopped ()
Date: March 25, 2021 11:22AM

It appears there will only be 38 places to vote in the Republican primary, and you do need to register to vote.

Why do they muck things up so much

Anyway, Younkin is being accused of falsifying or something.

Posted by: I will 'splain it ()
Date: March 26, 2021 11:11AM

In this year’s race for Virginia governor, Democrats are choosing their nominee via a primary on June 8, while Republicans are holding a convention a month earlier on May 8.

And that GOP convention has been the subject of controversy and potential worries.

Back in December, the party announced it was opting for a convention instead of a primary — for a GOP gubernatorial field that currently consists of four major candidates: state Sen. Amanda Chase; state Del. Kirk Cox, a former House speaker; businessman Pete Snyder, a former candidate for lieutenant governor; and businessman Glenn Youngkin, the former co-CEO of the Carlyle Group.

The move prompted Chase — a self-described “Trump in heels” who called for martial law to overturn the results of the 2020 election and flouted Covid rules on the state senate floor — to say she would run as an independent before later deciding against it. (The consensus thinking is that while Chase could win the nomination with a plurality vote in a primary, winning it at a convention will be much harder for her, because she’ll need a majority.)

Then earlier this month, the party said the convention would take place at an off-campus site at Liberty University, where delegates would drive up and cast ballots for their choices for governor, lieutenant governor and attorney general.

But the party later concluded that plan wasn’t feasible, so it’s now holding the convention at as many as 37 different satellite locations across the state.

And here’s where the convention process gets complicated, recalling memories of botched Iowa caucuses since 2008: In addition to those 37 satellite locations, Virginia Republicans are using ranked-choice voting to select their nominee. (Back in 2018, it took days for Maine officials to determine who won the state’s Second District congressional race via ranked-choice voting.)

On top of that, Virginia Republicans become delegates — and thus voters at the convention — by applying with the local party. And while the number of potential delegates isn’t capped (like you’d see at an ordinary nominating convention), their voting power is weighted by county/locality population and past GOP performance.

Multiple voting sites. Ranked-choice voting. An unlimited number of delegates. Weighting by locality.

It’s unlike any convention we’ve ever covered. And it’s far different from a state primary, what could possibly go wrong?

Posted by: Right honorable ()
Date: March 26, 2021 11:30AM

Remember in 2013, at a Republican Convention they ended up voting in the Right Honorable Reverend EW Jackson as the party's Lt. Governor nominee on the eighth round of voting?

a lot of people had gone home at that point.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.