HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Just in Fairfax police shooting
Posted by: pony man ()
Date: April 05, 2007 07:44PM

Father of cop killer Kennedy indicted on felony federal charges related to the shooting

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just in Fairfax police shooting
Date: April 05, 2007 07:46PM

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 05, 2007 07:53PM

Prosecutors said Brian Kennedy was a marijuana user for 10 years

You can actually be indicted for that?

Date: April 05, 2007 08:00PM

You cannot possess a firearm if you are addicted to narcotics or at least that is what it states on the ATF application to buy a firearm. It is a lot of other things too but off the top of my head I cannot remember them.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: April 05, 2007 11:16PM

Prohibited Persons

1. Anyone who has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year, excluding crimes of imprisonment that are related to the regulation of business practices.
2. Anyone who is a fugitive from justice.
3. Anyone who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
4. Anyone who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
5. Any alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa.
6. Anyone who has been discharged from the US Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
7. Anyone who, having been a citizen of the United states, has renounced his or her citizenship.
8. Anyone that is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
9. Anyone who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. (See the Lautenberg Amendment.)

Date: April 05, 2007 11:29PM

A big one is number 9. It was sneaked through by liberals. It is tough to comprehend but if a memeber of the military, any member, is convicted of a misdemeanor domestic assault they lose their job. This also goes for cops or anyone whose job requires them to be armed like FBI, DEA, ATF etc.

The basic job of any military member is to carry weapons in time of war. With this little amendment added they can lose their job over a minor scrap. You can be convicted of domestic assault by just making a threat and never actually laying a hand on your spouse.

Date: April 06, 2007 12:08AM

if a memeber of the military, any member, is convicted of a misdemeanor domestic assault they lose their job.

Well I can agree with that. It has nothing to do with liberal shit. If you can't control yourself and refrain from threatening your loved ones, you shouldn't be in a job that requires you to carry a weapon.

Posted by: :burpgun: ()
Date: April 06, 2007 06:02AM

Spoken like someone who's never carried a weapon OR been in a spousal relationship... Must be a wonderful world you live in there Meeper, filled with carebears and rainbows and unicorns, where everyone loves each other 100% of the time and never a cross word is spoken between them. Wait a minute, YOU ARE the Liberal Shit...

Date: April 06, 2007 06:40AM

never a cross word is spoken between them

LOL, what the hell are you talking about??

Date: April 06, 2007 07:09AM

Whoever posts as Burpgun is a troll. Do a quick search and you'll see how much sense this "guy" makes.

And for the record, I support the rights given to us by the second amendment. I don't live in a world filled with whatever nonsense he's talking about, I've witnessed domestic assaults happen firsthand and have had members of my family jailed for it, one within the past few months.

Date: April 06, 2007 07:44AM

A soldier returns from Iraq. He is at home and wants to go out for a beer with other returning soldiers. His wife blocks the door because she wants him to stay home. He pushes her, not hard, but to move her out of the way so he can leave. Bang he is arrested for domestic assault and loses his job. He has also been a soldier for fifteen years so his pension is gone. If that is what is deemed fair today let me know.

Date: April 06, 2007 08:03AM

Hahaha, that's such a ridiculous story, thanks for writing it, lol

This thread fuckin delivers.

pony man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A soldier returns from Iraq. He is at home and
> wants to go out for a beer with other returning
> soldiers. His wife blocks the door because she
> wants him to stay home. He pushes her, not hard,
> but to move her out of the way so he can leave.
> Bang he is arrested for domestic assault and loses
> his job. He has also been a soldier for fifteen
> years so his pension is gone. If that is what is
> deemed fair today let me know.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 06, 2007 08:29AM

Indeed, meeper, this is a classic thread. I love the guy's example doesn't include the husband being CONVICTED of domestic assault, which I believe would be the actual job-losing precedent.

Posted by: Gun Nut ()
Date: April 06, 2007 10:58AM

Don't worry the NRA is working on getting rid of those limitations. Everybody in Americia has the right to bare arms under the constitution!

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: April 06, 2007 11:24AM

Wow! I was surprised to read of the indictment of Brian Kennedy. When the shootings occurred, the press hinted at some sort of gun activity within the home but since I never heard any more about it, I just thought it was dropped. The entire family sounds like a mess. With shooting guns and smoking marijuana with the kid's friends. If I had a mentally ill kid, I would never have weapons around. I understand there is also a younger child in the family. I wonder if she does that bad stuff too. I hope not.

Trickie

Date: April 06, 2007 11:35AM

troll = one who uses sarcasm to demonstrate different opinion than TheMeeper (or pgens)

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 06, 2007 12:10PM

pony man Wrote:
> A soldier returns from Iraq. He is at home and
> wants to go out for a beer with other returning
> soldiers. His wife blocks the door because she
> wants him to stay home. He pushes her, not hard,
> but to move her out of the way so he can leave.
> Bang he is arrested for domestic assault and loses
> his job. He has also been a soldier for fifteen
> years so his pension is gone. If that is what is
> deemed fair today let me know.

Don't laugh. A buddy of mine got into an argument with his live in girlfriend. She scratched him and he pushed her away. She grabbed the phone and called 911. The cops showed up and arrested both for domestic violence. No marks on her. He had to spend $1500 to get a lawyer. He told me, "It was really f'd, all I did was push her and the next thing I knew she's dialing 911 and reporting me for domestic violence???" He left house immediately and waited in the driveway for the police to arrive.

LOL - She didn't have the money for a lawyer and asked him to borrow money for her case.

Posted by: 4wheeler ()
Date: April 06, 2007 01:24PM

Gun Nut Wrote:
> Don't worry the NRA is working on getting rid of
> those limitations. Everybody in Americia has the
> right to bare arms under the constitution!
>
> "A well regulated militia being necessary to the
> security of a free State, the right of the People
> to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

What limitations? The 9 on the above post? if that's the case i do have to worry. The last thing we need is more idiots gettings guns with the sorry excuse of "it's my constitutional right"

Date: April 06, 2007 05:22PM

meeper obviously you have never been to a court room for domestic cases. This happens every day. The person can be convicted just on making a threat and never actually making physical contact. After that the military or police department has no choice in the matter, they must be terminated from employment.
I hope you dont picture every domestic assault as a tv version of the woman crying with a black eye. Women account for almost as many arrests as men.

Do you doubt that men are convicted for domestic assault for something as small as a push ? If they are then the law applies. Where is the joke in the story?

Date: April 06, 2007 05:45PM

This burpgun "guy" is a fuckin weirdo

:burpgun: Wrote:
> troll = one who uses sarcasm to demonstrate
> different opinion than TheMeeper (or pgens)

Date: April 06, 2007 11:53PM

It will be interesting to see what evidence they have on this guy. According to the indictment, the father smoked pot with Michael's friends. But in reading the Washington Post story http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/05/AR2007040501714_2.html, much of that seems like hearsay.

Date: April 07, 2007 03:37AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> This burpgun "guy" is a fuckin weirdo

"troll" - In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll)

Not so weird I can't recognize hypocrisy...

Date: April 07, 2007 05:15AM

LOL, oh OK. Hang in there buddy, help is on the way.

:burpgun: Wrote:

> Not so weird I can't recognize hypocrisy...

Posted by: ECON202 ()
Date: April 07, 2007 01:00PM

What I want to know is how they got probable cause to search the house(for the warrant), I mean, they had already shot and killed the guy, so what's the point of searching his house?

It's pretty obvious that the police are just doing this to get revenge on the father.....even though he pretty much played no role in the shooting.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: April 07, 2007 01:25PM

Its pretty obvious you are a fucking idiot.

Quote from News Channel 4... "The grand jury indicted Brian Kennedy on six weapons and two drug charges. He is accused of lying on government forms to obtain an AK-47 and illegally possessing other guns that his son took to the Sully District station."

He knew his son was a nut, but still let him have access to the weapons he apparently illegally purchased. Not to mention smoking weed with said nut and not doing more to try to help him with his condition.

The police probably got the probable cause because this idiot went to a police station and shot two officers. And as with most murders, they have to do an investigation which would probably include checking out where he lived.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2007 01:25PM by Highlander.

Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: April 07, 2007 01:37PM

I have found that convictions for domestic assault are rare, especially for first time offenders involved in cases with slight degree of culpability. Most of the time, the victim refuses to testify, and they're satisfied as long as the defendant is required to seek counseling or anger management.

Posted by: wait4thetruth ()
Date: April 08, 2007 03:49PM

well it's obvious Highlander you are the total fucking idiot! wait until the whole story comes out. you'll be ashamed of what you wrote once you know the truth. don't believe all the media tells you because they're only telling you what the police say. there's a whole other sideo of this to come (which they don't want you to know)!

Date: April 08, 2007 03:58PM

wait4thetruth Wrote:
> well it's obvious Highlander you are the total
> fucking idiot! wait until the whole story comes
> out. you'll be ashamed of what you wrote once you
> know the truth. don't believe all the media tells
> you because they're only telling you what the
> police say. there's a whole other sideo of this to
> come (which they don't want you to know)!

What's the other side? that he was an innocent citizen that followed the law and just happend that the police is picking on him? get real

Posted by: CWP fan ()
Date: April 08, 2007 04:24PM

"The indictment filed Thursday said weapons and marijuana were found throughout the Kennedy townhouse"

This is hearsay??? After the search warrant the police have to file a list of items taken during the warrant. If they did take out guns and marijuana then that is a hell of a lot more than hearsay.

Where is all this cooperating that the father is supposed to have been doing. If I remember right after the incident he got a lawyer and refused to talk to the police.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: April 08, 2007 04:32PM

Take it easy on wait4the truth.....he got all his information on Kennedy's myspace page, so he must have some juicy gossip....

Other side my ass, there is no other side.

Posted by: CWP fan ()
Date: April 08, 2007 04:46PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the dad grabs a plea bargain. Otherwise he might not be so lucky before a jury from Virginia who most likely remember the event from a year ago.

Since the jury pool can come from as far west as Winchester I am not sure sitting down and toking marijuana with your son is looked on as a family value.

Date: April 08, 2007 05:46PM

CWP fan Wrote:
> "The indictment filed Thursday said weapons and
> marijuana were found throughout the Kennedy
> townhouse"
>
> This is hearsay???

Well, we know there was a marijuana user (now dead) living in the house. That will be the defense's argument.

> If I remember right
> after the incident he got a lawyer and refused to
> talk to the police.

In light of the indictment, that seems to have been the right move for him.

Date: April 08, 2007 06:48PM

trogdor! Wrote:

>
> Well, we know there was a marijuana user (now
> dead) living in the house. That will be the
> defense's argument.
>

Most likely that willl be the sorry excuse of the lawyers...put the blame on the dead son. As well as who bought all the guns in the house, let me guess, aha,,,the son. Otherwise why do you think that as soon as the shooting happend, the first thing dad say was that all the guns were "locked". He was already trying to put the blame on his son.

Posted by: wdtbt68 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 06:58PM

Too bad faggot

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.