HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ATT-Direct TV Scam
Posted by: Hate Scams ()
Date: November 13, 2018 08:42PM

I get this call from some boiler room in India. I can barely understand the bitch.

She had my name and address and knew I was an ATT and Direct TV subscriber and offered to lower my bills dramatically. Either this isa an inside job or they were hacked. To get this discount I was to prepay 3 months to show I was going to remain a customer and I was to use a prepaid Ebay card purchased at RiteAid or Safeway since it was a partnership special. They would not take a credit card.

Of course this whole thing smelled to high hell. They also gave me a special number to call 888 588 2434 in order to redeem this offer. I immediately called direct tv and the rep I talked to thought it was legit. I was transferred to ATT and was told it was a scam. WTF direct tv? Maybe the bitch I talked to was in on it. Really who in their right mind would prepay 3 months cell phone bill on an Ebay card?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ATT-Direct TV Scam
Posted by: OP is a flaming homo ()
Date: November 14, 2018 03:59AM

Suuuuuure!
Plus, who the fuck watches direct tv nowadays?
Stick to YouTube and Netflix biyatchhhhh!

Posted by: mfmux ()
Date: November 14, 2018 05:23PM

Asians in DMV have been caught sharing "Netflix" or other service with women via "multi-user passwords" they say was funded through their "church".

Let's keep talking about Direct TV i like the subject

Posted by: 6lcje ()
Date: November 14, 2018 05:30PM

Direct TV is (or was?) a Made in USA data product providing TV. It uses excess government satellite "in reserve" bandwidth.

Posted by: Hate scammers too ()
Date: November 17, 2018 01:08PM

Same crap scam happened to me about a month ago. Except they wanted me to use an amazon gift card. Same 888 number though. Must be an inside job.

They need to fire and maybe arrest someone. I called Direct Tv after and the rep wasnt sure if it was real or not

I was told later by AT&T that it is a scam.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.