HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Kavanaugh is a Drunk - He Lectures About It
Posted by: Federalist Drunk ()
Date: September 19, 2018 07:54AM

In April 2014, Kavanaugh gave a speech to the Yale Law School Federalist Society in which he recalled drinking and partying in law school.

I am approaching my eighth anniversary on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. I am approaching the 24th anniversary of my graduation from this school. That means I am approaching the 24th anniversary of my organizing 30 classmates in a bus to go to Boston for a Red Sox game and a night of Boston bar-hopping, only for us to return falling out of the bus onto the front steps of Yale Law School at about 4:45 a.m. One friend of mine, Steve Hartmann, actually had a Labor Law final the next morning. (I checked with him just yesterday to confirm that it was Labor Law.) True story.

On the bus, he actually had his book out and was reading his notes while people were doing group chugs from a keg. He got a P. I think the people doing the group chugs got H’s. Fortunately for all of us, we had a motto, what happens on the bus stays on the bus. Tonight, you can modify that to what happens at the Fed Soc after-party stays at the Fed Soc afterparty.

We had a good run my third year. We got our work done, but we had our share of fun. During our third year class party, it was a beautiful night then as it is tonight. We were at the Lawn Club. No one had done their SAWs. Most people didn’t even have their topics yet. But we didn’t care that night. We had a memorable evening. It is fair to say that we had a few drinks. Indeed, as a classmate of mine and I were reminiscing and piecing things together the other day, we think we had more than a few beers before the banquet. Might have been at Toads. Not a good idea.

Anyway, toward the end of the evening a friend of mine who shall remain nameless—and this is a story that is really about a friend of mine, not about me where I am disguising myself as a friend of mine—my friend broke a table in the Lawn Club reception area. Smashed it into multiple pieces. I actually still possess a photo of him sprawled on the floor on top of the table. How’d did he break it, you might ask? The old-fashioned way. He lost his balance and fell into the table, drink in hand, and the table collapsed. My friend was a big guy.

Now, you might think that we would have quickly left the Lawn Club after that, with some sense of shame. But you’d be wrong. My friend actually tried to get another drink at the bar. Proving something I have always known—that bartenders have a lot more common sense than many law school students—the bartender refused to serve my friend.

But that’s where one of our many fond memories of Yale Law School came in. Professor Steve Duke, who himself might have had a few cocktails, came to the rescue and told my friend that he would take care of the situation and argue his case to the bartender. His actual words, as we recalled the other day, were “I’ll take your case.” And sure enough, Steve Duke—or as we called him for reasons too bizarre to recall now, the Dukie-stick—won the case and got my friend some more beers. That’s probably one Professor Duke deserved to lose. The moral of this story: I suppose there are a lot of them. But here’s one I like: Don’t ever let it be said that Yale Law professors are not there when you most need them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kavanaugh is a Drunk - He Lectures About It
Posted by: Rich white guys can rape ()
Date: September 19, 2018 08:38AM

Rich white guys can rape all the children they want - get used to it.

Posted by: The Dixie Wigger ()
Date: September 19, 2018 09:49AM

Now OP whats your story , singing loudly in church

Big deal you have nothing here at all

What the American people have seen is a woman who's a liberal professor in liberal crazy California who has marched against Trump and wants to resist and obstruct and is in collusion with California Democrats to try to stop the presidents appointed SCOTUS pick at the very last minute with a SHE SAID only

Posted by: What about Bill? ()
Date: September 19, 2018 12:16PM

I bet she never marched or protested
Bill Clinton.

Posted by: Kavanaugh Devils Triangle ()
Date: September 19, 2018 01:14PM

Kavanaugh doesn't want to be asked about his high school yearbook, either. Among the many accomplishments listed next to his senior photo is the Devil's Triangle. The Devil's Triangle is slang for when two men have sex with one woman. There's an extremely good chance that this yearbook reference is a direct allusion to the Christine Blasey Ford incident.

Down the Hatch!

Attachments:
Kavanaugh-Yearbook-Page-redacted.jpg

Posted by: try and relax ()
Date: September 19, 2018 01:32PM

The Dixie Wigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now OP whats your story , singing loudly in church
>
>
> Big deal you have nothing here at all
>
> What the American people have seen is a woman
> who's a liberal professor in liberal crazy
> California who has marched against Trump and wants
> to resist and obstruct and is in collusion with
> California Democrats to try to stop the presidents
> appointed SCOTUS pick at the very last minute with
> a SHE SAID only

I merely cited the contents of a speech Kavanaugh gave - those are his words not mine or anyone elses. Why are you so upset?

Kavanaugh was a binge drinker as were his friends at the time. We are talking about getting so drunk bartenders wont serve you anymore. This is precisely how Ford described Kavanaugh as he attacked her. I do find it amusing you are upset at what you believe is 'Democrats to try to stop the presidents (sic)appointed SCOTUS pick...' Do you recall when GOP did this to Obama for over 200 days? What is the rush all of a sudden?

Posted by: Just Simple Logic ()
Date: September 28, 2018 06:48PM

And to think that Kavanaugh has testified that he has never been "blackout" drunk--HA!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.