HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why, oh why... Alison Friedman or Dan Helmer, with all the money spent on ads, etc. in Northern VA, what happened?
Posted by: Wa$n't it their turn? ()
Date: June 13, 2018 09:11AM

The California carpetbagger and the outraged veteran, wasn't it supposed to have been their turn, at least for one of them?

The Alison Friedman commercials were terrible, the way she practically was crying in each. Guess that wasn't the message to identify with.

Same with Dan Helmer. The ads didn't connect, and his comparative one about the "threat from the cave" was asinine.

Here's to Friedman going BACK to California and taking her politics and agenda with her. Same with Helmer, wherever he came from.

The most interesting thing though, I hadn't heard of the (D) who won the primary. Maybe in a list, I saw the name before, but nothing to get my attention. Not sure if that's good or bad, as she flew under the RADAR. Understand she's already a politician, so perhaps she knows the game.

Comstock won her slot in the primaries last night. I was surprised, given the number of Shak threads on this site.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why, oh why... Alison Friedman or Dan Helmer, with all the money spent on ads, etc. in Northern VA, what happened?
Posted by: Jennifer Wexton ()
Date: June 13, 2018 09:29AM

Jennifer Wexton is the most qualified Dem of the bunch; she’s a state senator and has ties to the region. She’s the only one who could take out Beltway Babs in November.

Re: Why, oh why... Alison Friedman or Dan Helmer, with all the money spent on ads, etc. in Northern VA, what happened?
Posted by: BruceKleinIIIx ()
Date: June 13, 2018 09:44AM

The Democrat Party is not what it was just a couple of decades ago. Today it is comprised of the newcomers that love to suck off of the taxpayer provided robust welfare system.

Dear Fan Base, were you aware that those provided refugee status get benefits for LIFE regardless of income.../

Did you know that businesses opened by immigrants get 7 years to operate without paying taxes on revenue and are approved for small business loans ( up to two million dollars ) fairly easily where a native born such as myself must hire a lawyer to fight for the same assistance. Don't forget to stop by the Bagel Shak today and get 1 dozen everything bagels, need more red wine, vodka and limes, patch holes in yard, purchase more BB for my squirrel pea shooter, drop off mail and don't forget to get that nice mini skirt for the newly hired maid.

Posted by: ykte3 ()
Date: June 13, 2018 11:52AM

Can we now agree that former members of the military should not post pictures of themselves in uniform or flight jackets as part of their campaign materials?

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: June 13, 2018 04:10PM

She has plenty of time to file to run for Sheriff but there is always the possibility that Stacey Kincaid will have executed everyone in the jail by the time that the election rolls around.

Posted by: Wa$n't it their turn? ()
Date: June 14, 2018 12:32PM

ykte3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can we now agree that former members of the
> military should not post pictures of themselves in
> uniform or flight jackets as part of their
> campaign materials?

Agreed. Helmer was relying on an image, way too much.

And for Friedman, she's properly moving back to CA next week, once school's out. Or maybe didn't even wait that long. One can only hope.

One thing came out of this for sure. My neighbors who put campaign signs in their yards to support these two, I now know who's on my "ignore list" for the community, and it was the usual suspects. Bye.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.