HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Don't drink at bars in fairfax
Posted by: joe ()
Date: December 15, 2006 10:21PM

http://www.ravnwood.com/archives/000881.php

The police will arrest you for drinking in a bar... Only in Fairfax...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don't drink at bars in fairfax
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 15, 2006 11:03PM

This was a long time ago homeslice

Haven't heard of that happening around here since then...

Posted by: park1 ()
Date: December 16, 2006 12:06AM

all late...

Posted by: a-drunk ()
Date: December 17, 2006 03:40PM

Simply put, dont leave the bar. You dont have to do anything they say unless being arrested. Also, you dont need to be given a breathalyzer for a drunk in public charge.

Why did the bar let this happen, its private property and they should never
be there unless called.

Posted by: 459 ()
Date: December 17, 2006 08:57PM

You deserve to be cuffed and beaten with a night stick if you drink at Jimmys. What a redneck hole in the wall that dump is.

Date: December 17, 2006 09:09PM

What a redneck hole in the wall that dump is

459- can you please tell us where all the cool places to drink are in FFX?

I've never been in Jimmy's and now that you've warned us, I doubt I'll ever go in there. Thanks.

Fill us all in on all the cool hangouts dude, stuff like "where would 459 hang out"? You seem cool bro, hook us all up.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: December 17, 2006 09:58PM

cool hang outs? Glory days ofcourse....only place you can drink to death.

Date: December 17, 2006 10:53PM

Glory days

I've been to the Herndon location. It's pretty much like a Fridays in a strip-mall.

Date: December 18, 2006 12:46PM

meep my boy. Good news, there is a party in your mother's mouth tonite. We are all coming.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: December 18, 2006 04:35PM

While it may belong to a certain person it is not private property if they serve alcohol. They give up quite a few rights when they get to sell booze.

Even a private affair like a wedding reception is open to law enforcement if they serve alcohol under a state permit. Not like in a private home but at a banquet hall.

Posted by: lurker ()
Date: December 18, 2006 06:07PM

Personally I avoid Herndon because the cops are a-holes. Herndon cops have scared off all the good citizens from the area and now only low income people live there.

That what they get for writing tickets for 28 in a 25 mph, plus going into bars to bust people for drunk in public. Of course they did nothing to stop illegals hanging out at the 7-Eleven and even added a day labor center.

That's some f-d up policing.

Try Ned Devine's if you must live in Herndon.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: December 18, 2006 06:18PM

That's because they know if they mess with the illegals at the 7-11 they'll probably get greenlighted by MS-13.

So they just fuck with the people they know won't fuck them back.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: December 18, 2006 06:39PM

Makes me miss Las Vegas that much more. You can legally walk down the street with a drink in your hand and no one f's with you. I maybe saw three cops the whole time I was there for four days on the strip.

With the gambling, drinking and strip clubs I never saw one problem where the police were needed. I think if people are just left alone to have some fun there wont usually be a problem. The tight conservative laws in Virginia are what makes most the problems here.

Date: December 18, 2006 07:58PM

Las Vegas that much more. You can legally walk down the street with a drink

It's actually against the law in Vegas (well, at least on the Strip it is, which is technically not LV), but the police there usually don't enforce it. I saw a cop outside of Harrah's 2 years ago and asked him about it.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: December 18, 2006 11:06PM

New Orleans is the only place I know of in the US that allows open container but I'm pretty sure it's most if not all of Louisiana. If a whole place is cordoned off and only 21+ wristbanded or some shit are allowed inside then they might open up a few block for new years in Vegas or something. You gotta love 24 hour bars/liquor stores in Nevada though, and legal prostitution (in smaller counties). I made it a point to drink on the streets in Europe just because I could and can't here.

Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: December 18, 2006 11:19PM

I was in Savannah GA about three years ago and I told the bartender, "I'm just going to finish this and then I'm heading out." She said, "Honey, this is Savannah, you can take the beer with you and drink it as you walk around." Very cool walking around the streets in the evening with people drinking beers.

Even stranger was standing on a sidewalk of main city street talking to a cop and enjoying my beer.

Date: December 19, 2006 10:56PM

meep my boy
Attachments:
459church.jpg

Date: December 20, 2006 10:17AM

Your creativity is boundless. Your mother should be proud.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: December 20, 2006 01:03PM

I was at jimmy's the night all that went down, and yes they were picking people out at random, as a matter of fact that woman that was picked up was sitting right next to me. Scared the crap out of me. I dont think it will be happening again, the state senate and a couple county commissioners got an earfull and told the police they are never going to do that again...it all got quietly swept under the carpet.

Date: December 20, 2006 01:03PM

one other thing,
459 are you even old enough to drink?
Did you have a bad experience trying to use your fake ID there?
For such a shitty bar its always packed on a friday/saturday nights, and the drinks are cheap and the people are great..

Let me give you some perspective on redneck bars so you can properly gauge your bars next time
the following are redneck bars

Sully's -chantilly
Paines biker bar- the burg
the shade tree ( now even shadier) cville
Spanky's - leesburg

And the winner is

Piggy's -front royal near va/wva border
all I have to say is...put your Carhart coat on and git in y'er truck

Date: December 20, 2006 02:17PM

Hey Take A Shit,

It doesn't suprise me you were in Jimmy's. The only reason your red necked ass didn't get tuned up by Fairfax' finest is that you were most likely passed out under your barstool in pool of your own vomit, they didn't see you.
The thought of you beaten with a nightstick makes my xmas most merry.

Date: December 20, 2006 03:09PM

I just cant imagine where the motivation comes from every morning for you to pull your head just far enough out of your ass to post random crap on this site.

I feel sorry for you, I feel sorry for the brothel that raised you, and I feel sorry for the community you live in.

have a nice christmas.

-Take a Shit.

Posted by: 495 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 09:40PM

the fact that you were sorry 3 times in the above msg indicates that you are one sorry individual. Perhaps a drink or 10 of Jimmys might ease your pain.

Date: December 21, 2006 03:16PM

is that all you have..come one 495. I thought you would give us some more of the wonderful crap that spews from you. And just for grins...what happened at that bar that made you so angry ..or are is this like all the other posts you made..full of shit..

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: December 21, 2006 10:54PM

The job of a Police officer is to "Protect and Serve." I don't see how arresting drunk people having fun in a bar qualifies. Extremely poor judgement by the officers.

Posted by: 495 ()
Date: December 22, 2006 08:27AM

I got kicked out of Jimmys the one time I was there.
I wasn't wearing a dirty flannel shirt and I had all my teeth.

Posted by: Terminator ()
Date: January 03, 2007 06:15PM

This would not happen to be the same 459 of tysons corner that used to talk on the cb is it? If it is You owe me some radio equip!!

Posted by: Y9nYX ()
Date: August 07, 2016 10:27AM

DOnt drink and drive in Fairfax.

Posted by: hdXGm ()
Date: August 07, 2016 07:44PM

Imagine you are sitting down to dinner and drinks with a few friends in your local tavern. Several policemen Gestapo dressed in riot gear show up to your table, and ask you to step outside. Your after-dinner small talk is interrupted while the officer gives you a field sobriety test outside the restaurant. If you blow more than a .08 (about 3 drinks), you are written a citation for being drunk in public.

Sounds crazy doesn't it. You aren't behind the wheel, you aren't out staggering around, you are simply sitting down to dinner and drinks with a few good friends. Well, it is a reality in Fairfax County, VA.

The Fairfax Station Times reports several incidents of Gestapo-like harassment.

Fairfax County Police are targeting Reston and Herndon area bar-restaurant patrons suspected of having one too many drinks.

Jimmy Cirrito, who owns and runs Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, said 10 or so officers who showed up in SWAT-like garb were intimidating and unnecessary. He also noted that police seemed to be tagging people at random, despite police telling bar owners they had undercover officers in the bar, calling in and giving descriptions of particular individuals.

"They tapped one lady on the shoulder--who was on her first drink and had just eaten dinner--to take her out on the sidewalk and give her a sobriety test," Cirrito said. "They told her she fit the description of a woman they had complaints about, and that they heard she was dancing topless."

Police public information officer Sophia Grinnan tries to hide the harassment behind 'good intentions'.

"It has less repercussions than driving drunk and is a safer way to battle DWIs," Grinnan said.

I'm no Rhodes Scholar, but isn't driving a fundamental component of DWI? As long as people have a sober ride home, and aren't getting rowdy, what is the problem?

Hopefully any citations will be thrown out in a court of law. Searches and seizures such as these are invasive and completely unreasonable. Perhaps a good scolding from a no-nonsense judge will set the Fairfax Gestapo straight.

(Article via Jenn with two 'n's, a Northern Virginia based staff writer at Ravenwood's Universe.)

UPDATE: The Washington Post notes that those failing the sobriety tests were "charged with public drunkenness and spent the night in jail."

Posted by: vote no on the meals tax ()
Date: August 07, 2016 07:46PM

The meals tax would have a negative impact on bars. Vote AGAINST it.

Posted by: YHyJ4 ()
Date: August 07, 2016 07:51PM

i'm sorry but your wrong according to self adimssion of the defendant

it's only legal to bring a case into an American court of the injured party complains (in some cases police can "automagically" file a claim, ie for traffic violations: but in many cases they are actually NOT allowed to troll for infractions and file them)

defense admits a citizen had complained

this means that the woman should have been, had the judge beleive the complain to rise the the occasion of a hearing, be told to go to the courthouse (without weapons and police at first, mind you)

it would be 'POLICE STATE' if no one complained but the police themselves trolled and jailed. and while you may feel that happens: please cite a case where it did. because it wasn't this case.

however that is simply not what happend

FURTHERMORE - MANY CITIZENS HAVE BEEN HARASSED BY FX CO GOV AND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE MISSING, THE AREA TURNED INTO A HAVEN FOR ILLEGALS

I HARDLY THINK IT'S APPROPRIATE TO RECALL SUCH A SMALL MATTER FROM 2003

unless you can show otherwise. was there jailtime did you say?

come to think of it oops good think i though before stopping ...

your competely right that the STANDARD FOR DRIVING,DWI, is not also the standard for "slovenly/rowdy" debauchery in public

(or say, an alcoholic consuming large ammounts to get their fix in public - display of heavy addiction)

Posted by: FDYUF ()
Date: August 07, 2016 07:56PM

now it stands to questio for the rest of us, not have seen who filed the original complain or it's content,

whether the original complaint also complained she had driven home after, that it was her habit

in that case the police CERTAINLY WOULD be required to take her keys and tell her to get a cab to the courthouse

not being a criminal offence but a scoff, they would have no right for 3 beers, having her keys, to use weaponed threat to seize her and bring her to the court

she's supposed to go voluntarily. and the judge must decide if it's legal to use weaponed force to go get her if she (after soberign) does not arrive.

that is all, it's simple.

use of militia to arrest before a magistrate is seen is illegal unless (violence or flight) calls for immedaiate action

this obviously didn't call for immediate action and i'm also sorry i wasn't there to see her shirt off

i would prosecute the judge and the person who file the complain from what i know today

Posted by: giddyup ()
Date: August 07, 2016 11:20PM

Who is worse? The person who revives a 10 year old post or the people who start responding without even checking the date.

Posted by: Norris ()
Date: August 07, 2016 11:46PM

Giddyup, that was inappropriate.

Posted by: Important Update ()
Date: August 08, 2016 09:24AM

Elvis just died!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.