HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fairfax County Police Kill Again
Posted by: Aaron Brown ()
Date: November 14, 2009 12:52AM

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Fairfax County Police are investigating a police-involved shooting that left one man dead.

Police say an officer was attempting to make a traffic stop at Route 1 and Fort Hunt Road around 1:30 p.m. Friday.

The officer ended up shooting and killing the driver of the car. It is not known why the officer fired his weapon.

The location of the killing is north of the Route 1 IHOP.

(Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Police Kill Again
Posted by: ian l ()
Date: November 14, 2009 01:14AM

It's protecting and serving, what we tax payer pay them to do

Posted by: ian l ()
Date: November 14, 2009 01:15AM

and welcome to the real world of virginia, macaca

Posted by: Guy ()
Date: November 14, 2009 02:35AM

The suspect tried to flee and produced a gun, therefore the police returned fire and killed him. I know someone who witnessed the whole thing,

Posted by: J Bob ()
Date: November 14, 2009 06:58AM

I bet he was opne of those Route 1 gangbangers.

Vince 1 sucks a fat dick with Mr. Mephisto.

Posted by: Alex City ()
Date: November 14, 2009 09:04AM

Aaron Brown Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Fairfax County Police are
> investigating a police-involved shooting that left
> one man dead.
>
> Police say an officer was attempting to make a
> traffic stop at Route 1 and Fort Hunt Road around
> 1:30 p.m. Friday.
>
> The officer ended up shooting and killing the
> driver of the car. It is not known why the officer
> fired his weapon.
>
> The location of the killing is north of the Route
> 1 IHOP.
>
> (Copyright 2009 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Fairfax didn't kill your pot smoking, pancake stealing ass fucktard....

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: November 14, 2009 09:08AM

From the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/13/AR2009111302934_pf.html

Driver dies after being shot by Fairfax officer
Investigators probing why gun was fired in traffic stop on Route 1

By Tom Jackman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, November 14, 2009

A man was shot to death Friday afternoon by a Fairfax County police officer during a traffic stop on Route 1 near the Capital Beltway, police said, and they could not explain why the officer fired his gun.

Police did not release the dead man's name, and details of the shooting were still being pieced together. The shooting occurred in the northbound lanes of Route 1 between Huntington Avenue and Fort Hunt Road about 12:38 p.m., said Officer Bud Walker, a police spokesman.

A Fairfax officer was trying to stop a green Chevrolet Blazer sport-utility vehicle, Walker said. He said he did not know whether the driver emerged from his car or whether he had a weapon or otherwise threatened the officer. The officer was not hurt.

After he was stopped, the driver of the Blazer headed north on Route 1, but Walker did not know whether he was shot before or after he fled.

After the driver was shot, his Blazer collided with the driver's side of a Nissan Sentra entering Route 1 from an access road, Walker said. The Sentra's driver was not seriously hurt.

The man who was shot was taken to Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Walker said.

Only one officer was involved in the shooting, but other officers were on the scene, Walker said. There were no passengers in the Blazer, but three small dogs were inside. Animal control officers took the dogs.

Traffic on northbound Route 1 was diverted onto Huntington Avenue until 10 p.m., but southbound Route 1 was open.

Homicide detectives, internal affairs investigators and Fairfax Police Chief David M. Rohrer all were at the scene of the shooting.

The incident was the second fatal shooting involving Fairfax officers this year. In April, an officer shot a man who was dragging a naked woman to a car at knifepoint in the Fairfax City area.

To view comments:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/13/AR2009111302934_Comments.html

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: November 14, 2009 10:11AM

If the officer was threatened with deadly force then it will have been justified. Circumstances will likely bear that out. No law enforcement officer should be criticized for shooting an individual who is shooting at them or is threatening to shoot them or someone else.

This doesn't appear to be a case like Aaron Brown's where the authorities had the inconvenient, niggling, annoying problem of non-law-enforcement witnesses to the event. Nor will we likely have to read through an investigative report that spends pages and pages using physics to try to justify why an officer jumping into the path of a moving vehicle is thereby justified to use deadly force in "self defense."

Dead Man Identified
Date: November 14, 2009 06:26PM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/D/DC_POLICE_INVOLVED_SHOOTING_VAOL-?SITE=VAROA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Va. man shot, killed by police

Advertisement

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) -- Virginia police responding to a report of a theft in progress shot and killed a suspect.

Fairfax County Police identified the man Saturday as 52-year-old David Alan Masters of Fredericksburg. The shooting happened Friday at about 1 p.m. Masters was shot after failing to stop his car for police.

Three officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave pending the results of an investigation. Putting the officers on leave is a routine measure.

Any witnesses with information are asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS or the Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Click here for copyright permissions!

Copyright 2008 Associated Press

Posted by: Whatevers ()
Date: November 14, 2009 11:52PM

I'm sure that 52-year-old punk had it coming to him. He picked the wrong county to not stop in.

Advice to witnesses: Do not come forward until the cover-up story is released. Then call the Post.

Posted by: concerned citizen ()
Date: November 15, 2009 12:11AM

No where in any article does it say the "victim" in this shooting displayed a gun. fcpd are just scared and act on impulse. this is not the first time nor will it be the last. they will always be cleared but quite honestly most police are as bad or worse in morals and in character as these so called criminals.

Posted by: Jeester ()
Date: November 15, 2009 01:34AM

Let this be a lesson to all shoplifter!

Learning from the best
Posted by: Know the Facts ()
Date: November 15, 2009 09:04AM

Let us not forget that Fairfax County boarders P.G. County. The joint operations are proving very effective and our police department is learning how to shoot citizens suspected of minor violations, just like P.G. County has done for decades. After all, it is so much easier to gun them down on the street then to strangle them while they are in jail. That requires several corrections officers to cover up, whereas the on-the-street coverup is much easier.

Re: Learning from the best
Posted by: Sadly ()
Date: November 16, 2009 02:03AM

It's Monday. This is now old news. Don't expect the funeral to be in the news.

Posted by: Fredericksburg.Com ()
Date: November 16, 2009 12:34PM

Posted on Fredericksburg.com... apparently this is the daughter of David Alan Masters:

"My dad had quadruple bypass open heart surgery 2 years ago, they gave him a pacemaker and a defibulator. They pulled him over, he got out to try to show them his chest, got back in his truck and they shot him, that is how he 'struck' another vehicle, it rolled forward. And it was not to run over a officer."

Posted by: huh ()
Date: November 16, 2009 01:14PM

I guess orgon donation is out of the question then.

Re: Dead Man Identified
Posted by: SSTyrannis ()
Date: November 16, 2009 05:57PM

The above comment (@1:14) plus a few others brought to us by the Beavis and Butthead generation.

Posted by: more to this story ()
Date: November 16, 2009 06:06PM

um,,,I remember the last time I got pulled over, I dont remember jumping out and showing cops any medical hardware. I am smelling mental case on this one.Also all the cops were needed at the scene for the copious amount of attorneys racing to Rt 1 to clinch the civil case.

Date: November 16, 2009 11:57PM

From the WaPo. Not looking good for tho popo's:

"He was shot at least once while sitting in the Blazer in heavy traffic.

Fairfax police would not say Monday whether Masters did anything to threaten the officers, whether he had a gun or whether he had the stolen flowers in his Blazer. Police said the officer who shot Masters, a 26-year-old with six years on the force, had hired a lawyer and was refusing to speak with investigators. They declined to identify the officer. "

His crimes: Picking flowers from in front of a business that looked abandoned. Failure to stop for the police while stuck in traffic.

Posted by: DupontJay ()
Date: November 16, 2009 11:59PM

The police officer "had hired a lawyer and was refusing to speak with investigators"

When I entrust a public official with power of life and death over me, I kind of expect him to, I dunno, TALK TO INVESTIGATORS AFTER HE SHOOTS SOMEONE.

Our police culture is completely morally bankrupt.

Date: November 17, 2009 06:40AM

Man killed by police was theft suspect
EX-GREEN BERET WAS SHOT IN SUV
Three Fairfax officers on administrative leave

By Tom Jackman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A man who was fatally shot by Fairfax County police Friday was a former Green Beret who was suspected of stealing flowers from outside a Route 1 business shortly before he was killed.

David A. Masters, 52, of Fredericksburg also suffered from bipolar disorder and did not own a gun, said his ex-wife, Gail Masters. He was driving his green Chevrolet Blazer north on Route 1 near the entrance to the Capital Beltway when he declined to pull over for officers, police said. He was shot at least once while sitting in the Blazer in heavy traffic.

Fairfax police would not say Monday whether Masters did anything to threaten the officers, whether he had a gun or whether he had the stolen flowers in his Blazer. Police said the officer who shot Masters, a 26-year-old with six years on the force, had hired a lawyer and was refusing to speak with investigators. They declined to identify the officer.

That officer and two others, a 27-year-old with three years of experience and a 38-year-old with 15 years of experience, were placed on administrative leave with pay. Fairfax, unlike most departments in the Washington area, does not release the names of officers involved in shootings. Chief David M. Rohrer did not respond to a request for comment, and police spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings said Rohrer could not discuss the case because he will be ruling on the officers' possible internal disciplinary cases.

Masters was a cabinet-maker and woodworker who had his own business in Fredericksburg with his ex-wife until a bad accident in 2006 damaged his arm and prevented him from working. In 2007, Masters had a severe heart attack, underwent quadruple bypass surgery and had a pacemaker installed, Gail Masters said.

"He was my best friend," she said. They saw each other every day, even after they divorced in 2004, after 12 years of marriage. "He could get along with everybody. If you needed something, he'd give it to you," she said.

Masters was the son of an Army officer and traveled the country growing up, his family said. He was born in Washington state, went to high school in Rhode Island and served in the Green Berets in the mid-1970s, Gail Masters said. In recent years, he'd had a series of minor run-ins with police, including drunken driving arrests, and an incident last year in which he walked into a Fredericksburg bank and declared that he was a federal agent. He was charged with misdemeanor impersonation of a law enforcement officer and placed on probation.

On Thursday, the day before the shooting, he allegedly ran through a red light in Fredericksburg and then did not stop for the police, according to court records. He was pulled over and charged with recklessly eluding police and running a red light.

The next day, Masters apparently pulled up outside E.P. Mowing & Landscaping on Route 1 in the Mount Vernon area. Mike Pisfil, 21, looked out the window and saw the green Blazer, then saw a man pulling large red Peruvian flowers, called pompos, out of a black planter outside the office.

The flowers were each at least four feet high, Pisfil said, and the man's arms were black with potting soil from ripping them out of the planter. Pisfil said he asked the man, "What are you doing?" The man said, "I thought no one was here."

Pisfil said the man tossed the last of 10 flower plants inside the Blazer, dunked his hands in a nearby vase filled with rainwater, briefly raised his fists to threaten another employee, then hopped in the Blazer and drove off.

That was at 1:05 p.m., Pisfil and police said. Pisfil jotted down the Blazer's license plate number -- "F001," which looks like the word "fool" -- and called 911. An officer stopped by to confirm the details, Pisfil said. "The whole thing was very odd," Pisfil said.

About 20 minutes later, officers spotted the Blazer near the Huntington Avenue intersection and signaled for it to pull over, said Officer Don Gotthardt, a spokesman. The Blazer began to pull over, but then took off again, but not at a high speed because traffic was heavy, Gotthardt said. "He literally was not able to go anywhere," Gotthardt said.

Just before the intersection with Fort Hunt Road, Masters was shot. The Blazer headed through the intersection and collided with another car.

Gotthardt said three officers were present, and none of them had been interviewed by detectives. Gail Masters said police told her that her ex-husband had opened his jacket while sitting in the driver's seat and that the officer might have thought he was reaching for a weapon. "He didn't deserve to get shot for that," she said.

Staff researcher Meg Smith contributed to this report.

Posted by: Not There ()
Date: November 17, 2009 09:59AM

"Officer Don Gotthardt, a spokesman, said three officers were present, and none of them had been interviewed by detectives."

Because they need time to create, coordinate, and rehearse a plausible explanation?

Is not UNPAID leave the immediate sanction for failure of an officer to cooperate with an investigation?

Posted by: not enough facts ()
Date: November 17, 2009 12:58PM

I can understand why it is easy to be skeptical of the police here.

But there are not enough facts known to draw any conclusions.

And I am not sure about the refusing to speak to investigators conclusion, either.
A statement that relates that I will cooperate, but only after I have had a chance to confer with counsel is not tantamount to not cooperating. Again, it is not easy to know what is happening here.

Posted by: pappa g ()
Date: November 17, 2009 03:18PM

It's funny, when a true bad guy requests an attorney, the police are chastised for not getting a confession. However, when the police officers in this case use their right to counsel, they are corrupt. How about waiting for the facts to be known then make your statements. Remember innocent until proven guilty is for all the people - not just for the bad guys. Police Officers don't give up their constitutional rights.

Posted by: not enough facts ()
Date: November 17, 2009 04:29PM

Lucy - you are making assumptions (e.g. unarmed man) that may or may not be true.
And there's enough strange information about the victim that leads me to believe the facts may be complicated. Ex Green Beret that has been convicted for impersonating a police officer? Raised his fists to an employee while stealing plants? All of the facts need to come out.

If your comments are intending to demonstrate imperfections in the system, ok, maybe if you would explain them in detail we could be persuaded. But none of us yet know what happened.

Posted by: Lirt ()
Date: November 17, 2009 05:36PM

The officer is now refusing to cooperate with prosecutors and has hired his own attorney.

Posted by: impressed ()
Date: November 17, 2009 10:05PM

DupontJay Wrote:
> The police officer "had hired a lawyer and was
> refusing to speak with investigators"
>
> When I entrust a public official with power of
> life and death over me, I kind of expect him to, I
> dunno, TALK TO INVESTIGATORS AFTER HE SHOOTS
> SOMEONE.
>
> Our police culture is completely morally bankrupt.

WOW! I'm really impressed that you could type a reply like this while in the midst of being the "Lucky Pierre". Go contract Botulism (bad meat in the can). PS. Daddy never loved you and and Momma really wanted a Girl now go jump off a bridge, if you're butch enough.

Posted by: EmilyB ()
Date: November 18, 2009 09:59AM

How can we stop them from doing this again?

Why aren't we entitled to know all of the information, such as the officers names? They wear their identification on their chest, clearly it's public information.

Everyone should file a complaint at their local police station:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/inside-fcpd/internal-affairs.htm#Whatisthebestwaytofileacomplaint

OBVIOUSLY the victim was unarmed. Had he been armed, there'd be no interview, no story, no investigation. It would be a simple case of a guy trying to shoot at police, and the police simply protecting themselves. But that isn't what happened here. He was no threat to the police.

How many times are the Fairfax County Police going to get away with this?

Last year, a 22 year old officer sped through a red light WITHOUT THE SIREN ON and killed a local woman named Ashley McIntosh. A Washington Post article gives the name of the former officer, a big step in the right direction! http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/12/AR2009081202248.html

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: November 18, 2009 10:32AM

OBVIOUSLY if Ashley McIntosh was wearing her seatbelt, she'd be alive.

OBVIOUSLY you should wirte a book on police investigations.

OBVIOUSLY you work at a Palm Reading shop since you know all the answers.

OBVIOUSLY you should shut the fuck up.

Posted by: emilyb having too much time on her hands ()
Date: November 18, 2009 11:31AM

EmilyB Wrote:
> How can we stop them from doing this again?
>
> Why aren't we entitled to know all of the
> information, such as the officers names? They wear
> their identification on their chest, clearly it's
> public information.
>
> Everyone should file a complaint at their local
> police station:
> http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/inside-fcpd/in
> ternal-affairs.htm#Whatisthebestwaytofileacomplain
> t
>
> OBVIOUSLY the victim was unarmed. Had he been
> armed, there'd be no interview, no story, no
> investigation. It would be a simple case of a guy
> trying to shoot at police, and the police simply
> protecting themselves. But that isn't what
> happened here. He was no threat to the police.
>
> How many times are the Fairfax County Police going
> to get away with this?
>
> Last year, a 22 year old officer sped through a
> red light WITHOUT THE SIREN ON and killed a local
> woman named Ashley McIntosh. A Washington Post
> article gives the name of the former officer, a
> big step in the right direction!
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic
> le/2009/08/12/AR2009081202248.html

Yes this is clearly tied in to the Roswell incident and the Kennedy assasination. As Highlander said,STFU. Unless you are a relative or his attorney you should be worrying about something that really matters...

Date: November 18, 2009 11:39AM

If the police were justified in shooting him, they would have immediately told us that he was armed, dangerous, and had to be shot. They would have told us there were no other options, and all available options had been exhausted.

But he was driving, got pulled over, kept driving, got stopped by traffic getting on the beltway (anyone from here knows how horrible it always is) and then was shot to death. If the police were justified in shooting him, why can't they tell us what happened?

this video goes into almost all available detail of the shooting. Which isn't much

http://cfc.news8.net/videoondemand.cfm?id=52831

Posted by: ASk why ()
Date: November 18, 2009 11:42AM

EmilyB Wrote:
> If the police were justified in shooting him, they
> would have immediately told us that he was armed,
> dangerous, and had to be shot. They would have
> told us there were no other options, and all
> available options had been exhausted.
>
> But he was driving, got pulled over, kept driving,
> got stopped by traffic getting on the beltway
> (anyone from here knows how horrible it always is)
> and then was shot to death. If the police were
> justified in shooting him, why can't they tell us
> what happened?
>
> this video goes into almost all available detail
> of the shooting. Which isn't much
>
> http://cfc.news8.net/videoondemand.cfm?id=52831

Well why dont you drive up to Chief Rohrer's office, demand some answers and report back if its that important to you!

Date: November 18, 2009 12:10PM

Any reactions to the update?

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2009/111809updateofcshoot.htm

Printer
Friendly Text
Size Text
Only homepage > police > news releases:
Update on Officer Involved Shooting

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release: 09/317/0191/drg(2)
November 18, 2009

Update: Officers Interviewed
A thorough and professional investigation is underway into the officer-involved shooting on November 13, 2009. Any investigation of this nature typically requires interviewing large numbers of witnesses, collecting and processing forensic evidence, and conducting lab tests and this case is no exception. Preliminary results, however, indicate no gun was found inside Master’s car.

All three of the primary officers involved in this incident have now been interviewed as part of the criminal investigation. Two officers spoke to investigators on Friday and the third set up and kept an appointment on Tuesday.

Two officers have returned to normal duties. The third officer will be on restricted or administrative duties when he returns to work next week.

No further release of information about this incident is anticipated until after completion of the criminal and internal investigations.

Officer Involved Shooting
Mount Vernon Police District – On Friday, November 13 shortly after 1:00 p.m., officers were dispatched to the report of a larceny in progress at a business in the 8800 block of Richmond Highway. Prior to their arrival, the suspect fled. An officer spotted the suspect vehicle in the area of Richmond Highway and Shields Avenue. He called for assistance and additional patrol units responded. A traffic stop was attempted, but the suspect did not stop until he encountered heavy traffic. During the subsequent traffic stop the suspect was shot in the upper body by an officer. The suspect vehicle continued a short distance until it struck another motorist’s vehicle near Richmond Highway and Fort Hunt Road. The driver of that vehicle did not require medical transport. Officers immediately began CPR on the suspect while waiting for rescue to arrive.

The suspect was transported to Inova Mount Vernon Hospital and pronounced dead a short time later. He has been identified as David Alan Masters, 52, of 1536 Jefferson Davis Highway in Fredericksburg, Virginia.

Crime scene technicians responded to process the scene, along with detectives from homicide and internal affairs. Three officers directly involved in this incident have been placed on routine, administrative leave pending the results of parallel criminal and administrative investigations.

The Fairfax County Police Department would like to hear from anyone who might have been a witness to this incident. Please use the contact information at the bottom of this release.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Posted by: cyber ()
Date: November 18, 2009 12:17PM

yes, and I speak for many.., please get a life instead of sending breaking news updates to others who are just as capable of using their computers.

Date: November 18, 2009 12:34PM

You don't speak for me... I appreciate them and it is appropriate they appear in the thread they are being discussed in.

Posted by: Doesn't Matter ()
Date: November 18, 2009 12:58PM

I think maybe he was being sarcastic?

Date: November 18, 2009 01:22PM

Update: Officers Interviewed

A thorough and professional investigation is underway into the officer-involved shooting on November 13, 2009. Any investigation of this nature typically requires interviewing large numbers of witnesses, collecting and processing forensic evidence, and conducting lab tests and this case is no exception. Preliminary results, however, indicate no gun was found inside Master’s car.

All three of the primary officers involved in this incident have now been interviewed as part of the criminal investigation. Two officers spoke to investigators on Friday and the third set up and kept an appointment on Tuesday.

Two officers have returned to normal duties. The third officer will be on restricted or administrative duties when he returns to work next week.

No further release of information about this incident is anticipated until after completion of the criminal and internal investigations

Date: November 18, 2009 01:27PM

Can anyone tell me why FCPD would allow this officer return to work next week???

Posted by: Ron Burgundy ()
Date: November 18, 2009 04:31PM

cyber Wrote:
> yes, and I speak for many.., please get a life
> instead of sending breaking news updates to others
> who are just as capable of using their computers.

Yeah, I think you're speaking for yourself.

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: November 18, 2009 05:28PM

Ron Burgundy Wrote:
> cyber Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > yes, and I speak for many.., please get a life
> > instead of sending breaking news updates to
> others
> > who are just as capable of using their
> computers.
>
>
> Yeah, I think you're speaking for yourself.

No, he's basically just reposting http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/default.htm which coincidentally is a RSS feed that can be subscribed to.

Date: November 18, 2009 06:43PM

concerned citizen Wrote:
> Update: Officers Interviewed

Okay, having this posted once was enough. Once is good, twice or more is bad.

Posted by: Genie-4Runner ()
Date: November 18, 2009 06:50PM

Highlander Wrote:
> OBVIOUSLY if Ashley McIntosh was wearing her
> seatbelt, she'd be alive.
>
> OBVIOUSLY you should write a book on police
> investigations.
>
> OBVIOUSLY you work at a Palm Reading shop since
> you know all the answers.
>
> OBVIOUSLY you should shut the fuck up.

OBVIOUSLY if the decedent was in the proper lane of travel.

OBVIOUSLY if someone didn't just finish a doobie before getting behind the wheel.

OBVIOUSLY if Fairfux didn't hire a round-heeled legacy in the first place.

There you go, all fixed.

Don't fret the deceased's momma will get a big pay day and go blow it all at an Indian casino.

Date: November 18, 2009 08:19PM

Didn't know others knew the poor, innocent kindergarden teacher smoked da ganja...didn't want to hit ( no pun intended) on it here.....but ohhhhhhh well.

Date: November 18, 2009 08:22PM

pgens Wrote:
> concerned citizen Wrote:
> -----
> > Update: Officers Interviewed
>
> Okay, having this posted once was enough. Once is
> good, twice or more is bad.

WHAT?!?!?!?!? Tom "Jackoff"Jackman was wrong? Bully I say....BULLY!! Jackman must have used Emily as a source.

Posted by: Grrrr ()
Date: November 18, 2009 10:30PM

concerned citizen Wrote:
> Update: Officers Interviewed
>
> No further release of information
> about this incident is anticipated until after
> completion of the criminal and internal
> investigations

What we know so far:

David Alan Masters is still dead.

The weapon originally mentioned by the police did not exist.

The crime being investigated was the picking of four-foot flowers.

The police fired through Mr. Master's closed front seat window to kill him.

Though stuck in traffic when he was shot, Mr. Masters car rolled forward after he was shot, colliding with another vehicle.

A witness who tried to help the unconscious Mr. Masters was ordered away by police.

Posted by: Geezus ()
Date: November 18, 2009 11:00PM

To EmilyB and all you other jurors in the court of public opinion ready to crucify this guy based on misinformation:

1. It is common for a police department not to release the names of people involved in an ongoing criminal investigation. Until the shooting is deemed justified, it is a criminal AND administrative investigation.

2. The lack of a gun doesnt mean shit. It may raise questions, but the bottom line is that if the officer perceived that he, or anyone else, was at risk of imminent serious bodily harm or death, he was justified in shooting the suspect, period. Have we all overlooked the fact that the suspect was driving a potentially deadly weapon? The circumstances suggest that atleast one of the officers was on foot when the shots were fired. Just because he didnt have a gun does not mean he did not pose a threat and the shooting was unjustified. It does, however, explain alot of the what and why in this case.

3. Your quote "OBVIOUSLY the victim was unarmed. Had he been armed, there'd be no interview, no story, no investigation. It would be a simple case of a guy trying to shoot at police, and the police simply protecting themselves. But that isn't what happened here. He was no threat to the police. "

Are you fucking stoned? The guy could have come out with a pistol in both hands blazing, and there still would be interviews, and investigation. You are simply an idiot.

4. In 2009, based on the monday morning quarterbacking everyone does of the police (case in point, this thread), If I was in this position and shot someone - justified or not - retaining counsel and deferring interview for a few days would be a good idea. Have you ever shot and killed someone? Do you have any idea the psychological impact that has? Interview immediately afer the incident does no one any favors - investigators or involved officers. Especially in a case that is justified, but not cut and dried, hiring an attorney isnt glaring evidence of inpropriety - its common sense.

And if the "conspiracy theory" of coverup and taking care of their own held true, why in the hell would the officer need to hire a lawyer and defer the interview?

5. The focus on the guys only crime being "picking flowers" is assinine. That was only his first crime (larceny) that precipitated the event. We still dont know exactly what happened after that...so at best we can only say that "the only crime we know of was STEALING flowers".

I suggest that eveyone weigh the FACTS as they come out on this one, as opposed to jumping to conclusions. Tom Jackoff has already misreported information atleast once.

Posted by: Kriste ()
Date: November 18, 2009 11:39PM

Officer Geezus: You know that these three officers will receive the best representation available while they answer questions from sympathetic investigators. They know the stakes are high... if they don't come up with a believable explanation justifying the killing, the FBI will be called in.

David Alan Masters will receive a funeral, paid for by his family.

History tells us that police in Fairfax County (and Alexandria) who shoot unarmed suspects always have probable cause.

Just saying.

Posted by: Emily's Friend ()
Date: November 19, 2009 12:13AM

Geezus Wrote:
> To EmilyB and all you other jurors in the court of
> public opinion ready to crucify this guy based on
> misinformation:
>
> 1. It is common for a police department not to
> release the names of people involved in an ongoing
> criminal investigation. Until the shooting is
> deemed justified, it is a criminal AND
> administrative investigation.

You are correct. It is just a matter of time before the shooting is deemed justified. That's the entire point of this thread.

>
> 2. The lack of a gun doesnt mean shit. It may
> raise questions, but the bottom line is that if
> the officer perceived that he, or anyone else, was
> at risk of imminent serious bodily harm or death,
> he was justified in shooting the suspect, period.
> Have we all overlooked the fact that the suspect
> was driving a potentially deadly weapon? The
> circumstances suggest that atleast one of the
> officers was on foot when the shots were fired.
> Just because he didnt have a gun does not mean he
> did not pose a threat and the shooting was
> unjustified. It does, however, explain alot of
> the what and why in this case.

Actually, after claiming that he had a weapon, the fact that now he did not does mean shit. Big shit.

>
> 3. Your quote "OBVIOUSLY the victim was unarmed.
> Had he been armed, there'd be no interview, no
> story, no investigation. It would be a simple case
> of a guy trying to shoot at police, and the police
> simply protecting themselves. But that isn't what
> happened here. He was no threat to the police. "
>
> Are you fucking stoned? The guy could have come
> out with a pistol in both hands blazing, and there
> still would be interviews, and investigation. You
> are simply an idiot.

But he wasn't armed. And saying he was armed with a vehicle traveling at slow speed (or stopped) is a stretch. Want to bet whether the officers submitted blood/urine to help to determine whether they were the ones "blazing" recently?

>
> 4. In 2009, based on the monday morning
> quarterbacking everyone does of the police (case
> in point, this thread), If I was in this position
> and shot someone - justified or not - retaining
> counsel and deferring interview for a few days
> would be a good idea. Have you ever shot and
> killed someone? Do you have any idea the
> psychological impact that has? Interview
> immediately afer the incident does no one any
> favors - investigators or involved officers.
> Especially in a case that is justified, but not
> cut and dried, hiring an attorney isnt glaring
> evidence of inpropriety - its common sense.

Look in the eyes of someone who was just killed. It's nothing like TV. Much more creepy. Like they still had something they wanted to say to you.

>
> And if the "conspiracy theory" of coverup and
> taking care of their own held true, why in the
> hell would the officer need to hire a lawyer and
> defer the interview?

Why could the three officers not simply tell the investigators what happened as soon as the investigators arrived at the scene?

>
> 5. The focus on the guys only crime being "picking
> flowers" is assinine. That was only his first
> crime (larceny) that precipitated the event. We
> still dont know exactly what happened after
> that...so at best we can only say that "the only
> crime we know of was STEALING flowers".
>

Actually we do know: he was killed.

>
> I suggest that eveyone weigh the FACTS as they
> come out on this one, as opposed to jumping to
> conclusions. Tom Jackoff has already misreported
> information atleast once.

Is this the misreporting you refer to:

"Officer Don Gotthardt, a spokesman, said three officers were present, and none of them had been interviewed by detectives."

Posted by: Slappy ()
Date: November 19, 2009 01:01AM

Emily's Friend Wrote:
>
> But he wasn't armed. And saying he was armed with a vehicle traveling at slow speed (or stopped) is a stretch.
>

So, are you willing to stand in front of my vehicle while it is traveling at slow speed (or stopped) so we can prove/disprove your implication that the vehicle is not a threat to anyone?

Date: November 19, 2009 01:43AM

You are a cop, you must be with what you wrote. FCPD is corrupt, they are no better than PG county cops. And of course he will be cleared but he over reacted, acted on impulse. He should not be permitted to return to work next week and he should be criminally charged. The cop was wrong! These cops out of the Mt. Vernon district are horrible. I am a proud member of I hate the fairfax police.

Posted by: kglkgl06 ()
Date: November 19, 2009 02:08AM

The FCPD is currently working with the team that constructed the "involuntary muscle reflex" defense that FCPD used in the shooting of Anthony Culosi a couple of years ago.. where the FCPD SWAT team member shot Culosi in the chest as Culosi was standing in the doorway of his condo calmly talking to other FCPD personnel...

I have little doubt that the FCPD officer will get off of this [my opinion] wrongful death...

Ask yourself, how many people have blasted FCPD cops recently??? [yeah they had the crazy with the AK a couple of years ago] but generally hardly any FCPD cops been shot by bad guys... then ask how many people have the cops killed recently with no justification?? .. seems to me Cops been killing way too many innocent civilians...

personally I'm fearful of the FCPD cops... they are way-way too quick on the trigger... reach in your coat [where alot of people carry their wallet] and get shot??

Posted by: Fuck niggers ()
Date: November 19, 2009 08:48AM

Fuck niggers.

Date: November 19, 2009 10:05AM

1. In most departments, Officers are not allowed to have lawyers with them during administrative questioning, and they are compelled to answer the questions or they face termination.

2. Based on the details reported, and video/pics of the scene that were on TV, I will go on record as saying that that the 'involuntary muscle reflex' defense will not apply or have any bearing on this case.

3. Where did anyone officially say that the officers 'thought' the guy in this case had a gun? I heard it speculated by the media, and suggested as a possible explanation here, but as far as I know, it has not been confirmed.

Everyone on this thread seems to think that if someone isnt holding a gun or shooting at a cop, using deadly force isnt justified. That is simply not the case. And to draw sweeping generalizations comparing one shooting to another is completely rediculous. "Trigger happy this" "Knee Jerk That"...I wonder how many thousands of people are dealth with on a weekly basis that DONT get shot?

Quote: "Officer Geezus: You know that these three officers will receive the best representation available while they answer questions from sympathetic investigators. They know the stakes are high... if they don't come up with a believable explanation justifying the killing, the FBI will be called in. "

The FBI could get called in either way. And as for the "sympathetic" investigators - I seem to remember quite a few criminal charges against cops from this department in the last couple of years. So you are telling me that they won't overlook a DUI or fraud, but they WILL sweep a shooting under the rug? Defies logic. You know damn well that a civil suit is going to be filed on this thing with god knows how many independent 'investigations'.

Quote: "History tells us that police in Fairfax County (and Alexandria) who shoot unarmed suspects always have probable cause."

From what I remember of the Culosi shooting, the issue of probable cause never came into play. His shooting death was not 'justified', and the explanation/reasoning came down to understanding why and how such a horrible mistake was made. Probable cause presumes an intentional shooting (justified or not). This was was categorized as an accident from day one, so it doesnt apply to your argument. As for the other 'unarmed' suspects shot, I refer you back to my original statement that just because someone does not have a gun, doesnt mean that deadly force is not justified.

Just saying.

Posted by: mjhlaw ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:12AM

"History tells us that police in Fairfax County (and Alexandria) who shoot unarmed suspects always have probable cause."

Tell that to Sal Culosi.

Posted by: mjhlaw ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:15AM

"History tells us that police in Fairfax County (and Alexandria) who shoot unarmed suspects always have probable cause."

I would add that probable cause is not a sufficient legal standard to justify DEADLY FORCE.

Posted by: Dead Nigger ()
Date: November 19, 2009 10:28AM

I would add he is a dead nigger.

So now he is a good nigger.

Posted by: Just Saying ()
Date: November 19, 2009 11:39AM

No one mentioned so far in this thread is (was) of the color referred to in the previous post.

Just saying.

Date: November 19, 2009 11:44AM

he was white

Posted by: really ()
Date: November 19, 2009 12:05PM

mjhlaw Wrote:
> "History tells us that police in Fairfax County
> (and Alexandria) who shoot unarmed suspects always
> have probable cause."
>
> Tell that to Sal Culosi.

Sorry , he cant hear you, hes dead

Date: November 19, 2009 04:08PM

Mhjlaw - I suggest you read the initial post that I quoted from. But thank you for bringing that up. But I think that a disussion regarding 'objective reasonableness' will get lost in this thread.

Date: November 19, 2009 05:25PM

Emily, Kristie and Concerned Citizen - You all have no clue of the evolution of an investigation. I ask that all of you never call the police again, move to another country and enjoy your life. Perhaps all of you should sit in a court room and watch the daily grind and see the injustice that occurs everyday. Really bad people getting light sentences by liberal judges. The people they harm are everyday hard working folks who for lack of a better term; are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

So the next time you are getting raped, robbed, beaten, etc - call your lawyer and ask for help, better yet, handle it yourself. You all seem to have the answers that corruption is rampant. But never call the police. Why should they waste their time helping you when good people need their help. Enjoy your life on planet Zorbo!

Posted by: Emily, Kristie and Concerned Citizen ()
Date: November 19, 2009 05:39PM

pappa g Wrote:
> Emily, Kristie and Concerned Citizen - You all
> have no clue of the evolution of an investigation.

Go ahead Papa G, enlighten us on the evolution of an investigation.

Or shut up.

Date: November 19, 2009 06:14PM

Here's to you three - Investigation - gather facts. While you all want to jump to conclusions; we should let the process proceed.

Do any of you know about the behavior this subject exhibited the day before in another police encounter in the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area? Probably not - he refused to stop for the police after running a red light and displayed erratic behavior. That's a fact. In the Fairfax Incident - Do any of you know what commands were given the subject? Do we know if he responded? Do we know if he moved his hands or moved out of view from the officer? Was he on a misson to committ "suicide by cop"? Remember that action is quicker than reaction. Perception is not always reality. Just a few things to ponder.

Posted by: wuht_______ ()
Date: November 19, 2009 08:14PM

pappa g Wrote:
> he refused to stop for the police
> after running a red light and displayed erratic
> behavior. That's a fact.

an dat is resn enuf to shoot him becas he pissd off anothr cop somewher else? dam man u are boinked in teh head

Posted by: whatthefuck? ()
Date: November 19, 2009 08:27PM

wuht_______ Wrote:
> pappa g Wrote:
> -----
> > he refused to stop for the police
> > after running a red light and displayed erratic
> > behavior. That's a fact.
>
> an dat is resn enuf to shoot him becas he pissd
> off anothr cop somewher else? dam man u are
> boinked in teh head

What fucking language is this post in?

Posted by: Cracker ()
Date: November 20, 2009 01:35AM

It's called Ebonics. It is a language that Professor Kwanza invented.
You not down wit it yo?

Niggers, Chinks, Spics, CamelJockeyz, and Jews. FUCK em in thier POOP CHUTES!

Posted by: E, K, and CC ()
Date: November 20, 2009 01:40AM

pappa g Wrote:

> Do any of you know about the behavior this subject
> exhibited the day before in another police
> encounter in the Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area?
> Probably not - he refused to stop for the police
> after running a red light and displayed erratic
> behavior. That's a fact.

Yes, read about the Fredericksburg incident in an earlier news story.

In the Fairfax Incident
> - Do any of you know what commands were given the
> subject? Do we know if he responded? Do we know if
> he moved his hands or moved out of view from the
> officer? Was he on a misson to committ "suicide
> by cop"? Remember that action is quicker than
> reaction. Perception is not always reality. Just
> a few things to ponder.

You ask many questions, oh wise one. But you don't provide answers. Let's try this again:

pappa g Wrote:
> Emily, Kristie and Concerned Citizen - You all
> have no clue of the evolution of an investigation.

Go ahead Papa G, enlighten us on the evolution of an investigation.

Or shut up.

Posted by: Harry.P.Noss ()
Date: November 20, 2009 01:58AM

Ok the evolution of an investigation goes a little something lime this.
A short trip to the dumpster, some homeless person waxes the lead detective
off. Then the lead detective pulls story out of his ass. Good thing the bum bitch wasn't sucking his asshole or he might have lost it. The he submitts the fabrication and any forgeries to the captain. Usually a bunch of racial slurs are exchanged at this point. Then the case is solved

Posted by: Kriste ()
Date: November 20, 2009 02:02AM

The lack of an explanation has caused this story to grow legs:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/19/AR2009111904105.html?hpid=newswell

Our first witness has talked with the WaPo. 300 feet away. Like standing between the goalposts on a football field and describing what happened between the posts at the other end. Yet he does confirm that the police were not in harm's way when one decided to fire into the vehicle. Apparently shattering the REAR driver-side window and striking the driver in the shoulder, killing him.

So nice for the reporter to provide policy statements:

Fairfax police policy states that "deadly force shall not be employed to apprehend a fleeing misdemeanant."

Unless this was a felonious flower fetching, the fatal finish is flawed.

The policy also says: "Shooting at or from a moving vehicle shall be avoided except to defend an officer's or citizen's life or protect them from serious physical injury or when the escape of a felon will pose an imminent threat of death or serious physical injury to an officer or other person. . . . The safety of residents and innocent bystanders is of paramount importance."

The car that the dead driver hit was driven by an innocent bystander. Firing three shots on Route 1 on a sunny afternoon could have had other consequesnces as well.

Posted by: periodimpostor ()
Date: November 20, 2009 02:03AM

colon walls no lube butt rape xmas lights fuck minorities that about covers it.

Posted by: Sweeney Todd ()
Date: November 20, 2009 12:03PM

One shot = Possible accidental discharge of firearm

Three shots = Execution

Posted by: Sideshow Bob ()
Date: November 20, 2009 05:07PM

I love the cops, or cop lovers, on here who say, "If you're so right, don't call us. Call your lawyer." Because we cops are NEVER wrong. We NEVER make a mistake. We would NEVER shoot someone in the back, for no reason, as they're driving away. We are COPS. And even though you pay our salary and are technically our bosses, go fuck yourselves if you don't like what we do.

Posted by: linda louu ()
Date: November 20, 2009 06:23PM

Actually, this is a warning to all bipolar
people who forget to take their meds...

Date: November 20, 2009 07:48PM

Sideshow Bob Wrote:
> I love the cops, or cop lovers, on here who say,
> "If you're so right, don't call us. Call your
> lawyer." Because we cops are NEVER wrong. We NEVER
> make a mistake. We would NEVER shoot someone in
> the back, for no reason, as they're driving away.
> We are COPS. And even though you pay our salary
> and are technically our bosses, go fuck yourselves
> if you don't like what we do.

You don't pay shit. STFU.

Date: November 20, 2009 08:15PM

Sweeney Todd Wrote:
> One shot = Possible accidental discharge of
> firearm
>
> Three shots = Execution

Not true... training tells you to shoot three times when you are going to shoot.

Date: November 20, 2009 10:05PM

Your Quote:

Re: Fairfax County Police Kill Again Posted by: Kriste ()
Date: November 20, 2009 02:02AM

The lack of an explanation has caused this story to grow legs:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

"Fairfax police policy states that "deadly force shall not be employed to apprehend a fleeing misdemeanant."

Unless this was a felonious flower fetching, the fatal finish is flawed. "
-------

You guys are completely missing the point and ASSUMING that he was shot simply to make an apprehension, and based on the initial crime. Even a fleeing felon (lets say the flowers were worth 10K, which I doubt) under TN v Gardner would not justify the shooting in this case based on what we know.

This further substantiates what I said before that just because the guy didnt have a gun, doesnt mean that the cop didnt perceive an imminent threat to serious bodily injury or death to himself or someone else that was there AT THE SCENE WHERE THE SHOOTING HAPPENED. We don't yet know what that reason was, but I am sure we will find out. Maybe it will be objectively wrong - and in that case he effed up. But I doubt anyone here will be happy unless some piece of sleeper information comes out that he (the suspect) had a gun - this is shortsighted and ignorant. There are vital details regarding the end of this incident that have yet to be revealed...and those details have been established here by nothing but speculation and misguided opinion.

Additionally -- Multiple rounds (if the witness account is acurrate) indicate an intentional discharge -- not an accidental one as some dumbass with bs 'inside information' posted referring to 'involuntary muscle reflex'. For whatever reason - the cop made the conscious decision to shoot based on what he was presented with and his perceptions at that moment. It has nothing to do with the underlying crime. You steal a pack of gum, and a cop tries to stop you, and you - in some way - present a threat indicated above, the cop shoots you - is he or she wrong? Hell no. The petty theft precipitated the contact, and justified detention and further investigation - that's it.

One witness account doesnt mean shit (and the account was questionable at best). Remeber that sniper shooting in 2002 with an "eye witness" that turned out to be inside when it happened and completely lied his ass off? I am not saying that this is the case here - but it underscores the importance of taking a single witness statement with a grain of salt. If the suspect was shot MORE or LESS than 3 times - this witness is greatly discredited - not necessarily because he lied, but because the number of gunshots is a pretty big detail. If he got THAT wrong, how can you accept his account of more minor details as accurrate?

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: November 21, 2009 12:30AM

Maybe I'm just a idiot, but can't you shoot someone who, and I believe it may apply to this case, who habitually puts the lives of the public in danger by fleeing in a vehicle (deadly weapon). isn't he committing a felony just by eluding? Or is elude a misdemeanor? If the cop has his gun drawn and considers you a threat To people in the area, he may shoot. I would asume there were pedestrians and people on the sidewalk and if the cop thinks you may run someone down if given the chance. I SAY CAP HIS ASS! Maybe next 59 year old punk will stop when the chase is over!

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: November 21, 2009 12:32AM

Fuckin stolen flowers. ::shaking head::

Date: November 21, 2009 08:11AM

pgens Wrote:

> Not true... training tells you to shoot three
> times when you are going to shoot.

I've been trained. No, it doesn't.

Date: November 21, 2009 10:08AM

Geezus Wrote:
>
> "Fairfax police policy states that "deadly force
> shall not be employed to apprehend a fleeing
> misdemeanant."
>
> Unless this was a felonious flower fetching, the
> fatal finish is flawed. "
> -------
>
> We don't yet know what that
> reason was, but I am sure we will find out.

The police would have more credibility if the "reason" was announced on day 1, instead of waiting until they could sit down with the lawyers, go through the list of acceptable reasons, and find one that might be plausible.

> You steal a pack of
> gum, and a cop tries to stop you, and you - in
> some way - present a threat indicated above, the
> cop shoots you - is he or she wrong?

Yes, the cop is wrong. Better to let the villian flee with the pack of gum (or pancakes) than for the cop to place himself in a position where use of deadly force becomes "necessary."

Posted by: Dead Nigger ()
Date: November 21, 2009 11:23AM

Face it, this nigger(I know he's white), would not be dead if he knew how to follow directions.

Posted by: Guest ()
Date: November 21, 2009 08:17PM

Posted by: Guest Reader ()
Date: November 21, 2009 08:34PM

Guest Wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

Interesting WHY the officer must restrain from using deadly force on a fleeing suspect:

"The Court of Appeals held that the killing of a fleeing suspect is a "seizure" for the purposes of the Fourth Amendment, and is therefore constitutional only when it is reasonable."

Fourth amendment: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Hence the phrase, "taking a life."

Posted by: SSTyrannis ()
Date: November 21, 2009 08:52PM

Mr Ed:
>Maybe I'm just a idiot, but can't you shoot someone who, and I believe it may apply to this case, who habitually puts the lives of the public in danger by fleeing in a vehicle (deadly weapon).

Has high-speed ever been mentioned in this incident? No. Was the suspect moving at the time of the shooting? No. The only collision the Blazer had was AFTER the shooting, doubtlessly precipitated by it. Further, piecing bits together suggests that he was shot in the back, or at least from behind.

Have you asked yourself why we haven't seen footage from any police vehicle-mounted camera? Prediction: if such exists, it will show a vehicle moving so slowly and/or oddly as to suggest imbalance on the part of the Blazer's driver.

>I would asume there were pedestrians and people on the sidewalk

Well, if there were, where are they? As has been pointed out elsewhere, pull the intersection up on Google maps and you'll find "a six lane divided highway with a tiny median strip down the center, which has absolutely no pedestrian access."

>I SAY CAP HIS ASS! Maybe next 59 year old punk will stop when the chase is over!

Good for you. How brave. You don't even have the brains to figure out how old Mr. Masters was. Someone who was a Green Beret deserves a hell of a lot more than opinions like yours.

Oh, and backtracking some distance, B&Butthead, you prove my point.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 21, 2009 09:29PM

SSTyrannis Wrote:

>
> >I would assume there were pedestrians and people
> on the sidewalk
>
> Well, if there were, where are they?

There were witnesses, including several in cars. Some stayed and were interviewed; others took off. The dash cam recorded several license plates but it is unknown whether they have been found and interviewed yet. Witnesses were advised not to talk with others because all would be subpoenaed and would need to hire their own legal representation.

Date: November 22, 2009 12:04AM

Witness Wrote:
Witnesses were advised not to
> talk with others because all would be subpoenaed
> and would need to hire their own legal
> representation.

Since when does a witness need an attorney?

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: November 22, 2009 12:36AM

Highlander Wrote:
> Witness Wrote:
> Witnesses were advised not to
> > talk with others because all would be
> subpoenaed
> > and would need to hire their own legal
> > representation.
>
>
> Since when does a witness need an attorney?

there you are, ill cut your head off!

Posted by: donavon ()
Date: November 22, 2009 01:20PM

looks like someones getting a raise and paid leave woot woot woot!

Posted by: Asswipe ()
Date: November 22, 2009 04:41PM

Green betterI actually didn't know his age off the top of my head nor did I care to be exact. Point, he's to old to be acting like a teenager. Hence the fucker got shot. Brainwashed ex berret brains all over passenger seat.

Posted by: No Victim ()
Date: November 23, 2009 10:22AM

Virginia Commenwealth attorney Robert Horan has never charged or for that matter prosecuted a Fairfax County Police officer invovled in any type of wrongful shooting death. No help from the current Commenwealth Attorney either. Business as usual here in Fairfax County. The "BLUE CODE" is in full effect within the FCPD, the so called LAPD of the east coast. So everybody needs to really watch themselves. Do not put yourself in a position were this can become your reality. Do the research yourself for the past 15 years on wrongful deaths related to FCPD shootings it will astound you.

Hows that "HOPE" and "CHANGE" working out?????!!!!!

Date: November 23, 2009 11:17AM

I'm going to start wearing body armor whenever I leave the house.

Posted by: too much drama ()
Date: November 23, 2009 12:12PM

^^^^^^

yes cause we all know the police are the true bad guys of the world and they roam the streets just looking for ppl to kill

Posted by: wiki ()
Date: November 23, 2009 12:27PM

People killed last year in VA by sharks 0
People killed last year by police in FX 0
People killed last year in VA by a family member 250 plus

Where do you need to be careful?

Posted by: BS ()
Date: November 23, 2009 02:27PM

wiki Wrote:

> People killed last year in VA by a family member
> 250 plus
>

Provide a source for this number or STFU.

Hint: Total murders in Virginia in 2008 was 368.
Source: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/vacrime.htm

See, not that hard.

Posted by: watching your back ()
Date: November 23, 2009 02:50PM

BS Wrote:
> wiki Wrote:
> -----
>
> > People killed last year in VA by a family member
>
> > 250 plus
> >
>
> Provide a source for this number or STFU.
>
> Hint: Total murders in Virginia in 2008 was 368.
> Source:
> http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/vacrime.htm
>
> See, not that hard.

I would bet a family member of yours has or is considering adding you as a statistic.

Date: November 23, 2009 05:56PM

"yes cause we all know the police are the true bad guys of the world and they roam the streets just looking for ppl to kill"

No one's saying that. The police aren't evil, nor are they unstable, violent monsters who could snap at any second and take someone's life. Most cops are good and honest people; they just have to deal with a lot of things daily that you or I cannot understand, so naturally it changes them a bit. But most cops, under their tremendous stress, can stay normal and stable individuals. The problem is that some of them ARE unstable and violent, and they need to be taken off the force IMMEDIATELY. The majority of cops aren't like this at all. The majority of cops are honorable people who just want to serve and protect their community and do their best to rid the area of crime. But that doesn't change the fact that one FCPD officer shot and killed an UNARMED man, and he had no good reason to do so. And he'll be back on the streets in a week (I think the article said he was on paid leave for two weeks). The reason people are upset is because they don't want to see this happen again. So what we (not we here, but we who are involved with the legal proceedings, and policy reform [HOPEFULLY]) really need to do is figure out what needs to change so that this never happens again. Psychological evaluations on the cops yearly, a drug test immediately following an incident like this, and a pay increase, which would also mean an increase in education necessary to become a cop. Basically, we need to ensure only the best people become police officers. Not just any psychopath who wants to be the law and carry a gun because they have a grudge against [insert race, sex, religion, economic status, age, whatever here].

Date: November 23, 2009 07:58PM

How do you know he had "no good reason to do so"? Were you there when it happened?

No one knows what the fuck happened other than who was there. I love how fucktards make up bullshit and believe it. They guy could have done something that made the cop believe he had a weapon or the cop could have said fuck it and shot him. None of you fucks from Tardville, VA know, so STFU.

Posted by: Cyber know it alls suck ()
Date: November 23, 2009 08:37PM

EmilyB Wrote:
> "yes cause we all know the police are the true bad
> guys of the world and they roam the streets just
> looking for ppl to kill"
>
> No one's saying that. The police aren't evil, nor
> are they unstable, violent monsters who could snap
> at any second and take someone's life. Most cops
> are good and honest people; they just have to deal
> with a lot of things daily that you or I cannot
> understand, so naturally it changes them a bit.
> But most cops, under their tremendous stress, can
> stay normal and stable individuals. The problem is
> that some of them ARE unstable and violent, and
> they need to be taken off the force IMMEDIATELY.
> The majority of cops aren't like this at all. The
> majority of cops are honorable people who just
> want to serve and protect their community and do
> their best to rid the area of crime. But that
> doesn't change the fact that one FCPD officer shot
> and killed an UNARMED man, and he had no good
> reason to do so. And he'll be back on the streets
> in a week (I think the article said he was on paid
> leave for two weeks). The reason people are upset
> is because they don't want to see this happen
> again. So what we (not we here, but we who are
> involved with the legal proceedings, and policy
> reform ) really need to do is figure out what
> needs to change so that this never happens again.
> Psychological evaluations on the cops yearly, a
> drug test immediately following an incident like
> this, and a pay increase, which would also mean an
> increase in education necessary to become a cop.
> Basically, we need to ensure only the best people
> become police officers. Not just any psychopath
> who wants to be the law and carry a gun because
> they have a grudge against .

WTF planet are you from, PERFECTVILLE??? I guess you never made a mistake at your job? I guess in your insignificant life, a sorry will fix things. Welcome to the real world, try going out into it just once bitch.

Posted by: too much drama ()
Date: November 23, 2009 09:02PM

ok Emily, so you want better educated cops, that will solve this issue right? I know its already been discussed ad nuasium on here, but doesnt FFXco require a bachelors degree already? When we have a a police force full of Dr. Officer's and the same happens again, then what will be your reasoning? I do agree with you that some ppl are just psycos and yes some are cops, but unfortunatly you dont find out just how psycho some ppl are until a situation like this happens. This isnt like Ft. Hood where all kinds of warning signs we're ignored out of PCness. Nobody thought the two columbine kids were nuts until they actually went nuts! What im saying is you cant predict stuff like this, thats why they go through all that training and stuff, but obviously nothing is 100% fool proof, i still think FCPD is one of the better agencies in the metro area. im sure someone can compare their shootings to other agencies nationwide and we're still on the lower end. It shouldnt have happened, yet it did, life is not predictable

Posted by: Reverend ()
Date: December 02, 2009 12:32AM

I live on the highway near Belvoir/Mt.Vernon. I remember seeing this guys green chevy several times driving like, and acting like, he was in a fierce verbal arguement with a passenger..but..there was nobody else in the Blazer with him. The FOO1 plate always stuck out to me. "Why the fuck would anybody put that on their plate?". Idk exactly where Mr. Masters lived but Ive been seeing FOO1 for years. Just new he was some nut that drove like he was drunk most of the time because he was literally having some great tirade with himself with big sweeping hand and arm gestures weaving, sudden braking out of nowhere etc....

Ive been stuck behind FOO1 in traffic many times over the years come to think of it. Same green chevy etc..Id say 70% of the time he was going psycho but I did indeed see him drive somewhat normally now and then....

His record over the previous couple years ESPECIALLY walking into a bank and yelling out how he was a federal agent? CMON! Leading police on a chase in Fredricksburg the day before? Pulling up to a local business, walking into their flowerbed and rip 4 foot flowers out of the ground? Shaking his fist at an employee? Not stopping again? The only reason he did stop was because it was the intersection of Huntington and Rt.1 in full up rush hour. The exits to 495 are right there....

He, according to the Post, was the first in his lane at the red light. Jumping out of his truck and reaching up into his jacket? Repeatedly? Getting back into his truck and of course losing it again like Ive personally seen him do for YEARS with the big sweeping arm motions? Reaching up into his jacket again in a big sweeping motion while also taking his foot off the brake and just begin to PULL AWAY BEFORE SHOTS WERE FIRED? Wearing his old green beret the whole time nonetheless?

The officer who fired the shots WAS on foot out of his vehicle in traffic. IDK about the other 2. Due to overwhelming evidence to this point....

SUICIDE BY COP!!!

Had the officer NOT shot him he WOULDVE KILLED PPL!!! Another chase? THERE? All officers involved to that point had his info on their computers. Dude had already led police on one chase LESS THAN 24 HOURS EARLIER and seemed to fully intend to lead them on another...this time....nope....

SUICIDE BY COP!

How the fuck are the cops supposed to know he has all that heart gear when they ARE NOT PRIVY TO NEARLY ALL HEALTH INFO DUE TO CURRENT HIPAA LAWS???

3 shots were perfectly appropriate. The officer was well behind the Blazer when he jumped out, raved like a lunitic incomprehensibly like Ive seen him do a dozen times myself while shoving his hand up under his jacket exactly where most shoulder holsters would be, disobey all officer commands for compliance, jump back in his Blazer and begin to pull off while still making big motions up into his jacket...

I really do feel sorry for this guy....a Green Beret? He was veeeery obviously delusional nearly all the time over the last couple years according to the Post and I cant help but agree with my eperiences over the years trying to get around FOO1 out on the road several times over the years around Belvoir, Springfield, Woodlawn and Mt.Vernon, as he weaved all over the road jamming on the brakes out of nowhere as he vehemently argued with..himself apparently...

The 3 shots were because the officer was at a greatly disadvantaged angle to him being behind and to the left of the vehicle ON FOOT. 3 shots to make sure at least 1 hits him and stops him....

I pray for Mr. Masters as he was quite obviously a tortured soul that had basically just finally lost any last remblance of sanity he had been hanging onto for the last several years....

A true tragedy...but had the cop not stopped him...there first in line at the light of Huntington and Rt.1 in freaking rush hour with the 495 exits in front of him on the right...the chances ARE extremely high that he WOULDVE KILLED SOMEBODY OR WORSE. The man failed to comply with anything except rush hour traffic thus never actually stopping at all, when his vehicle wasnt stopping he was outside his vehicle babbling incoherently failing to comply with any of the officers commands AGAIN thus he did not "stop" even then...

For now...Im no freaking prosecutor/defender the case could easily turin 360 degrees into something totally different Idk...

SUICIDE BY COP
Deadly force totally and completely justified-
Subject did indeed pose a mortal danger to anybody and everybody around him with his vehicle-
Subject had a record of non-compliance and leading police on chases-within the previous DAY..
He HAD to be stopped, the risk posed to everybody at that intersection, the cops on foot, and the carnage he couldve easily wreaked on 495 and ultimately total non compliance.....

it really was a horrible and tragic situation and my thoughts and prayers are with all involved,

there truly was NOTHING else the officers could do...allowing the chase to go on any further would have been totally and completely negligent on the cops part...

....RIP...

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.