HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
the Honorable Chief Judge Teena Grodner
Posted by: sydney's friend ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:39PM

The Honorable Chief Judge Teena Grodner refused residential Drug treatment for Sydney Hardy (DOB 3/16/91) going against at the request of her court appointed probation officer and parents. This past week, at a follow-up hearing to see how Sydney was progressing, the Honorable Judge was presented with a death certificate. Sydney had a heroin over-dose in Las Vegas. Obviously this Honorable Judge knew better than to help a child that was having substance abuse issues. Now she has blood on her hands. Fairfax County Judicial System = FAIL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the Honorable Chief Judge Teena Grodner
Posted by: repsonsible parent ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:53PM

sydney's friend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Honorable Chief Judge Teena Grodner refused
> residential Drug treatment for Sydney Hardy (DOB
> 3/16/91) going against at the request of her court
> appointed probation officer and parents. This past
> week, at a follow-up hearing to see how Sydney was
> progressing, the Honorable Judge was presented
> with a death certificate. Sydney had a heroin
> over-dose in Las Vegas. Obviously this Honorable
> Judge knew better than to help a child that was
> having substance abuse issues. Now she has blood
> on her hands. Fairfax County Judicial System =
> FAIL.

Can't forget the parents. Who lets their druggie 18 y/o go to sin city?

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:55PM

Obviously it was the judge/someone other than the junkie who made him OD.

OBVIOUSLY

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: October 26, 2009 02:33PM

"I sentence you to OD at a location outside the limits of Fairfax County. Court adjourned."

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 26, 2009 02:45PM

sydney's friend Wrote:
> FAIL.

file.php?2,file=3517

the justice system fails society again

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 02:54PM

Go Westfield!

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 26, 2009 03:08PM

Gravis Wrote:
> the justice system fails society again

The justice system is not a babysitting service. If rehab was so important for the parents, why did they think it was the responsibility of a judge to do so?

Because then the state would have to pay for their little fuckup?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Lordum ()
Date: October 26, 2009 04:12PM

When in Vegas get yourself a good hooker and drug it up! The city of Sin!

RE: Old pictures of Fairfax county, love em!
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: October 26, 2009 05:04PM

white-space.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 07:36AM by WingNut.

Posted by: eric867945 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 06:08PM

i dont understand the complaint? should all of the social liberals love this judical outcome? this person despite evidence to the contrary was allowed to "go free".

This person then freely chose to go to vegas and call it a life.

i would think that the parents are much more responsible then the judge. the parents had 18 years to raise a normal and functional member of society and they raised a heroin addict.

parents: FAIL

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: October 26, 2009 06:15PM

Its a fail on both parties, but since she's 18 the family can't make her go to rehab only a court order can. Even if she really wanted to become clean, heroin is almost impossible to kick without some serious professional assistance.

Posted by: FUckYoooooo ()
Date: October 26, 2009 06:25PM

Sydney deserved to die. So shut the fuck up and stop your whining.

Posted by: sydney's friend ()
Date: October 26, 2009 10:55PM

Fuck yoooooo,

I don't believe anyone "deserves to die". it's pricks like you, that tried to exterminate the jews, or worship Alah with such a fanatical zeal as to determine that none is as holy as you. well, I can already tell that you beat you wife, and look lovingly at the little boys at your local playground, so when your number is up..... you are just dirt for the crops.Enjoy it.

Posted by: FucYOOOOOOO2 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:07PM

It's drug addicts which tax the rest of our systems. That little shit pile wouldn't have done anything meaningful for the world. It's more likely she would have become a criminal to support her lifestyle.

I am sincerely happy she is dead. We can only hope the rest of them go just as quickly.

Date: October 26, 2009 11:17PM

i don't think the judge has blood on her hands at all. the dead kid has her own damn blood on her hands. FACT: if you don't shoot heroin you will not die from a heroin overdose

Posted by: FucYooe ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:21PM

Maybe it was her shit hole friends who didn't help her enough to get her to stop.

Some fucking friends. I hope they can sleep at night with all that "blood on their hands."

Posted by: MommaBear ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:41PM

FucYooe Wrote:
> Maybe it was her shit hole friends who didn't help
> her enough to get her to stop.
>
> Some fucking friends. I hope they can sleep at
> night with all that "blood on their hands."

Ah ha ha ha ha!

Seriously. she made her choices. Stupid choices that killed her. It's her fault, not anyone elses.

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:44PM

un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
> i don't think the judge has blood on her hands at
> all. the dead kid has her own damn blood on her
> hands. FACT: if you don't shoot heroin you will
> not die from a heroin overdose

Wait wait wait, since this is a heroin OD, Westfields HS has blood on their hands.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 27, 2009 12:19AM

repsonsible parent Wrote:
> sydney's friend Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Honorable Chief Judge Teena Grodner refused
> > residential Drug treatment for Sydney Hardy
> (DOB
> > 3/16/91) going against at the request of her
> court
> > appointed probation officer and parents. This
> past
> > week, at a follow-up hearing to see how Sydney
> was
> > progressing, the Honorable Judge was presented
> > with a death certificate. Sydney had a heroin
> > over-dose in Las Vegas. Obviously this
> Honorable
> > Judge knew better than to help a child that was
> > having substance abuse issues. Now she has
> blood
> > on her hands. Fairfax County Judicial System =
> > FAIL.
>
>
> Can't forget the parents. Who lets their druggie
> 18 y/o go to sin city?

Have you ever had an 18 yr old? How are you, as a parent, going to stop someone at that age from travelling to Las Vegas? If they have access to Money, that's it, you can't stop them.

Date: October 27, 2009 12:57AM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> Have you ever had an 18 yr old? How are you, as a
> parent, going to stop someone at that age from
> travelling to Las Vegas? If they have access to
> Money, that's it, you can't stop them.

So what did people expect the judge to do if the parents couldn't do anything?

Date: October 27, 2009 01:27AM

Clobbersaurus Wrote:
> Wait wait wait, since this is a heroin OD,
> Westfields HS has blood on their hands.

yes thats true. heroin was invented in a westfield bathroom 4 years ago and is only distributed by school officials. so they have tons of blood on their hands.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:21AM

un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
> i don't think the judge has blood on her hands at
> all. the dead kid has her own damn blood on her
> hands. FACT: if you don't shoot heroin you will
> not die from a heroin overdose

For some reason I do not believe the original poster posted all the relevant facts from the case. Or maybe it is just me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 06:21AM by Radiophile.

Posted by: Slapshot ()
Date: October 27, 2009 07:44AM

The world is a better place now...she was using up my air space. Good riddance!

Posted by: Artim ()
Date: December 10, 2009 09:22AM

Dear Sydny's Friends and family;
Judge Teena Grodner is up to be reappointed for the next 8 years. Her Interview is scheduled on 17th December 2009. and it is open to public. You should be there and speak up against her. Last year an abused Mother spoke about Judge Finch of Fairfax County and He is going Bye Bye very soon.
Here is to get Information. I would strongly recomend that all of Cydny's friends and family will be there for her and other young people who are at risk because of bad judgements of these Judges.

Please contact us: va.justlaw@live.com

http://misconductinvirginiafamilycourts.blogspot.com/2009/10/judicial-interviews-of-2009-richmond.html

http://mommygobyebye-virginia.blogspot.com/2009/09/mauled-mothers-mark-your-calendars-for.html

Posted by: Ashley ()
Date: December 11, 2009 02:44PM

Say wat you'd like, sin city, it happened to be vegas, she went there to be with her older sister, the reality is that a drug addict will find the drug no matter what city they are in, she became a heroin addict in Fairfax Virginia, so really save your disrespect of my mother and this family, the judge failed my sister, she was a child when she became an addict and was still a child when she died. There were opportunities to help her, my sister was forgotten by the judicial system, and we are the ones who have do live with this heartbreak every day, to you whom wrote the disrespectful comment, GOD help you and hope you're child doesnt die a tragic death and when someone you know does, and you feel our pain, perhaps you will have regrets of your awful words. Karma.....

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: December 11, 2009 02:56PM

So, what did the judge sentence her to, anyways?

Date: December 11, 2009 02:57PM

I appreciate your comment, my sister was an amazing girl, my mother did raise myself and my older sister whom are both making great lives for ourselves. All of these awful comments, these people dont know my family, we loved Sydney, she did make a bad choice and the fact, most dont know, she did not first shoot heroin into herself, someone else did, that person is already DEAD from an overdose, the peole Sydney was with the noight she died had hours to save the, they did NOTHING! They called our family and lied about who they were and where my sister was, we were on the other side of the country and could only beg these people to bring her to the hospital, TEN, count them, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ten hours later they realized she was not okay and brought her to the hospital, but it was too late, she was brain dead and died shortly after. We have to live with those memories! Sydney, made the choice, when she was a child, and reality is that it could have been anyone child. NO ONE can watch their child 24/7.

Date: December 11, 2009 03:34PM

rehab or jail would have been better, 18 yes, but a child, as any adult knows, that is exactly what an 18year old is. My sister was ill, she did not deserve to die, she loved life, she made a big mistake when she was 16 and all it took was one time to become addicted, and although we are told not to do things, like drugs, speeding, smoking, they all kill, but im sure we have all done one of them before. My sister was so smart, in so many ways, she greaduated high school a year early, she was funny and soooo beautiful. She had the biggest heart and loved her highschool sweetheart so much that after him begging her time and time again she finally caved and tried heroin, which we know now he was already addicted too. NO ONE SANE wants this for someone, and all the horrible things people have wrote, you do not know my sister or my family. Evil comments are just that, and unless you have lived with an addict, you know NOTHING!!!

Date: December 11, 2009 03:47PM

She was on probation, she had a dirty pee test and the probation officer let her go! As oppose to do her job and lock her up. Fairfax County failed my sister. She should have been locked up and put in rehab, and given a chance. We her family were trying to get her help. We didnt know enough about the drug or the addiction. We still dont. She had us fooled, and I say she, but Sydney was no longer Sydney, she was a addict, the drug, is what spoke to us,that told us all was fine when in reality it was not. We loved her so much and we trusted her. And if it had been Sydney, trust would have been enough, with an addict it is hard to know when they are well or sick, this is a horrible way to lose someone. Sydney was loved by so many people. She did not want to be sick. She in 2 weeks of moving cross country had a job and had applied to UNLV. She had big hopes and dreams for life, she wanted to one day get married and be a mother, she wanted also so badly to be an auntie. Her life was cut short. Laws need to change, people who let hours pass without getting an overdosed person medical help need to be criminally charged. If the world and people were not so money hungry, drugs would go away.

Posted by: eric5697 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 04:17PM

as you can tell by the lack of comments, no one really gives a crap....

ADULTS (over the age of 18) are fully responsible for their own decisions. Not the government. Plus if someone who is only 18 has these types of problems obviously there is a problem with the home life/parents.

Syd
Posted by: Sydneys bff ()
Date: December 11, 2009 04:44PM

You all are fucking idiots except Ashley. Lovvvvvveeeee you Sydney

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: December 11, 2009 10:02PM

As someone who has helped a friend through detox and then watched her fail at repeated attempts to get into a rehab facility, I think it is unnecessarily hard to get drug treatmet in this country. While I am unsure if there is conclusive evidence, I believe that studies have shown providing treatment is much more effective at reducing serious drug problems than criminal prosecution.

That being said, the judge was not responsible for this girl's life. I think that the friends and family are shameless for attempting to place blame on the judicial system. I suppose that their only excuse is the grieving process. If you really care about making a diffence, then look for volunteer positions in organizations committed to finding/providing/advocating for/educating about drug treatment.

Date: December 12, 2009 12:06AM

If you stop believing in something called "closure," you'll be better off. I mean that. There's no such thing.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: December 12, 2009 02:55PM

Relapse is part of recovery.

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: December 12, 2009 03:22PM

If the help was requested, it should have been given. The request was a cry for help, how do you deny that?

Date: December 12, 2009 05:04PM

The request was a cry for help from her parents and court-appointed probation officer. If an addict doesn't want to get well they won't.

Posted by: Judicial Activist ()
Date: December 12, 2009 09:53PM

The judicial interviews for the local Northern Virginia judges will be this Monday, Dec 14 from 5 pm - 9 pm in Fairfax. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD - ANYONE WITH INFORMATION ABOUT JUDGE GRODNER WHO WISHES TO SPEAK NEEDS TO BE PRESENT MONDAY, OTHERWISE THIS JUDGE WILL BE RE-APPOINTED!!

The Judicial interviews will be held at the NVRC (Northern Virginia Regional Commission) building. The NVRC is on the 5th floor of 3060 Williams Drive Fairfax, VA. That building is South of Merrifield. The conference room is at the back of their offices. I am sure they will have someone at the front desk who will be checking people in. That person should be able to direct you to the room.

The Google web site for the map is http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=dl&q=

The Judicial interviews are scheduled from 5 PM to 9 PM. Plan to be there a little early.

Posted by: Artim ()
Date: December 13, 2009 12:29AM

Ashley;
Please Plan to be in The judicial interviews for the local Northern Virginia judges which will be this Monday, Dec 14 from 5 pm - 9 pm in Fairfax.
Judge Grodner is up to be reelected., come with your family/friends and speak up.
I posted another article for Cydney:

http://misconductinvirginiafamilycourts.blogspot.com/2009/12/re-honorable-chief-judge-teena-grodner.html

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: December 14, 2009 07:16PM

Every addict wants to get over their addiction. It's two people your talking to as ashley pointed out. The addict and the person.

Date: December 15, 2009 12:20AM

No, I'm sorry, it's one person. They may lie, cheat, and steal, and you may think, "No way *so-and-so* would do this," but they do and they will. They will say to your face they want help. They don't necessarily mean it. I'm not saying they can't be helped, but until they hit bottom they don't think they have a real problem that they have to deal with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2009 12:21AM by Johnny Walker.

Date: December 15, 2009 09:02AM

Melanie Wrote:
> Every addict wants to get over their addiction.
> It's two people your talking to as ashley pointed
> out. The addict and the person.

Touchy-feely new age bullshit. The only way one can overcome addiction is by finding something they like more than their drug of choice, be it life, love, etc.

Posted by: Jamie Love ()
Date: December 16, 2009 10:00PM

You are an ass!! She was a human being!! Karma is a bitch, and it will come for you!!!

Date: December 16, 2009 10:34PM

Does karma ever do anything nice? Every single time I hear someone talk about karma, it's always doing bad shit. Do they think wishing bad shit to happen to people doesn't accrue bad karma? Do they think they get good karma for calling people names?

Someone please explain.

Posted by: Libertarian1 ()
Date: December 16, 2009 11:09PM

You'd really have to know a lot more about Judge Grodner to see if this is part of a trend or just a case gone wrong amidst a history of generally thoughtful jurist behavior. If the judge really just doesn't care she deserves all the criticism coming to her.

Either way Judge Grodner didn't invent the paradox of the 18 year old "adult." Institutions seem to find it easy to shut out parents when an 18-20 year old needs parental mentoring, but wait until Jr owes them money and see how fast they reveal the billing information to Mom and Dad. In reality 18-20 year olds are pretty much adults with training wheels. Ask any pediatrician and they will tell you that many kids aren't even all fully grown yet by that age. Ask your state legislators why they pretty much uniformly agree that kids of this age are not mature enough to be granted the right to legally imbibe alcohol. For goodness sake just talk to some of these knuckleheads if you can't think back to your own inglorious youth. Come on.

Posted by: a friend of syd's ()
Date: December 21, 2009 10:41PM

sydney isnt the first person in my life to die of an drug overdose. my father and brother both have died of drug overdose. so i can imagine just what sydneys mom and sisters are going through. every now and then i get angry over the fact my father and brother allowed themselves to go to a level of addiction so deep. but most of the time, i remember the people they were. drug addictions and abuse do not define a person. a person is defined by their soul.

many of you are being really disrespectful. yes everyone has their own opinions, but please keep all the negativity away. sydneys life was taken away way too early for anyone in the world. so please take all you hateful thoughts and comments away. many people are grieving over this wonderful girl, including myself, and your comments just make it harder. think of your family, how would you feel if someone you loved had died in one of the worst ways and you had a bunch of people who knew nothing about your loved one kept saying hurtful and mean things. please just let sydney rest in peace.

Posted by: Sydney's Friend Since MS ()
Date: January 11, 2010 01:40PM

okay racial comments are not needed... because i even found that offensive-- greatly offensive. i was a friend of Sydney's since middle school and we went to Hayfield together then South County, she was back and forth there and then left... i had not seen her for years and didn't know of her whereabouts until i heard she died; i was DEVASTATED. i knew her family and her mother pretty well and they were good people. there is no one to blame here really but her so-called "friends" in Las Vegas. they were the one's who left her lied for ten fucking hours. and besides i know people who take their kids on vacation to Las Vegas when they are young so don't blame the location. shit can go down ANYWHERE. but the judge probably should have helped her out if she wanted the help. people make mistakes and they deserve to be forgiven. this world is for everyone. she wasn't a fucking criminal; or anywhere close to being one so don't assume shit you guys. she was a sweet, funny, and caring girl. i miss her alot to and i wish i could have had the chance to say goodbye...
R.I.P Syd <3

Posted by: meshaoieofi ()
Date: January 11, 2010 10:38PM

it has nothing to do with the parents as she said the parents tried to help her go to rehab. they were probably devastated when they heard their child was a heroine addict. and if the judge took the time to make her go to a rehab center or something it wouldnt help the judge has other people to help. this girl sadly got caught up in some terrible stuff and the "fun" she was having caused her to die she obviously didnt want to stop. it was her choice a sad one but her choice.

Posted by: karma ()
Date: January 14, 2010 07:41PM

what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?

Posted by: brad pit ()
Date: January 23, 2010 06:46AM

tell dem parents to start taking care of there kids so Anjelina dont get any funny ideas about bringing more into my brood.
since when is it government job to do a parents responsibility....let me guess everyone wants a handout.

Posted by: Some Guy ()
Date: February 09, 2010 12:52AM

If you can't tell that your child has a drug addiction, you have failed as a parent. End of story. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but shying away from truth will always do more harm than good.

Parents, you have failed her.

If you're doing cocaine, heroin, meth, etc., regularly smoking weed, regularly binge drinking with your friends, you have failed as a friend. Get your minds out of the gutter and think for once, instead of acting like a god-damned animal all the time.

Friends, you have failed her.

Posted by: EB25 ()
Date: February 09, 2010 08:52AM

Ok, so I am confused...most of the people want freedom to do as they please with no government intervention, yet when something like this happens, we want to blame the government? You cannot have it both ways. While it is tragic when life is lost, I hardly feel this is the judges fault because, as many of you have said, she is an adult and cannot be forced to do anything to help herself.
While I know of many problems exist in the judicial system, this is not one. Many parents feel the need to blame someone else and this is likely why things turned out the way they did - parents never took responsibility for her problems.

Posted by: Friend of Sydney from childhood ()
Date: March 02, 2010 01:12PM

I can't stand reading all of these horrible comments strangers are writing about a girl they never even met. A lot of the things you people are saying are disrespectful and untrue. NO ONE deserves to die. Sydney was an amazing friend, daughter, and sister. When someone is addicted to drugs, they need help- which wasn't given to her. It was wrong of her to start of doing drugs, but everyone goes through peer pressure. Some are put under circumstances no one should ever be in. Her family is not to blame. I know her mother and sisters. They are the most caring, geuine, and loving people you could EVER meet. Please try to understand what her family is/ has been going through before you post those terrible comments.

Date: March 09, 2010 01:34PM

To ALL of Sydneys friends, I dont blame the judge, I just wish more would have been done to get her help, when someone is on probation and has a dirty drug test and are allowed to walk out of the office, FREE, whats the point of being on probation?

Sydney was an AMAZING girl, friend and sister. She loved the world, she loved her friends and her family so much. She loved hugs and being silly and talking in silly voices and making up nicknames for her friends, I taught her that! She was and is my sister. She lived a life of loving other and was one of the most caring people you did or could have ever met. She treid heroin only after months of trying to get her boyfriend, her highschool sweetheart whom she loved so much when she was well off of the drug to no avail. She didnt understand the addiction strength and though she'd try it to show her boyfriend he too could stop. She was yo0ung, nieve, she made a mistake a big one, but it was out of LOVE for someone she loved. She never knew the possibilities of this horrible drug until it was too late. She did not want to die, she loved life and everyone in her life. She wanted to "get well", but heroin is a bigger demon than any of us whom arent addicted could ever even begin to emagine. She didnt want to hurt anyone, the world is a little quieter without her beautiful laughter and the sun shines a bit dimmer without her beautiful smile. We would do anything to have her back.

This is not a pain or a loss that ever goes away, so when you leave your selfish comments here and insult my family and friends and go about your day, I hope you think twice about it, and choose to be a better person with self control, putting rude comments here about my sister or speaking of anyone in such hurtful ways makes you just as sick as my sister was, only even with addiction, she would NEVER have disrespected anyone they way people have done to her. Let my sister rest in reace, let our family honor our sister for the wonderful person she was. Aside from her addiction, the world would be a better place with more people like my sister in it. I love you Sydney!

Posted by: flimflam ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:26PM

I just hope the druggie managed to off herself before pumping out any subhuman babies. Boo f*cking hoo, another loser bites the dust.

Date: November 23, 2010 01:25AM

No one truly knows the next person's hardship unless they've experienced it first hand themselves as well! teena d. grodner is the most bias judge in fairfax virginia, she doesn't make rulings according to the evidence; she makes decisions based on her personal feelings towards whoever steps in her court room. teena d. grodner misuses her power of authority to render down harsh and cruel punishment, she's all about depleteing ones character and mocking them. A kangaroo court is what she allows with no sense of order...saying one thing, yet doing totally the opposite. teena d. grodner ripped my 9yr old son from me lacking evidence of CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT, because a racist social worker jos waldren broke the law by invading my rights to privacy and was caught by me in her act of doing so. So this prejudice, bias, racist white social worker jos waldren requested prejudice, bias, racist judge teena d. grodner to handle my case. The sad part about it the child abuse was never on me, in-fact I was at work when this incident at my apartment had even taken place. It was on my male friend who was watching my son for me at the time. They never arrested nor charged him with anything, fact of this story is," I AM INNOCENT!!!!!", but I still lost my son, my job, my apartment, my car, and MY LIFE IN GENERAL...NOW IT'S PERSONAL...I'M COMING FOR TEENA D. GRODNER, JOS WALDREN, AD LITEM, PROSECUTERS, FOUR POLICE OFFICERS; JUSCTICE IS GOING TO BE MINES

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: November 23, 2010 04:05PM

If a kid is having problems is it better to leave the kid with the parent who has been doing the work day in and day out for years, or is it better to switch custody to the other parent who has never done the job? Is a kid who is having serious problems having them because of the abuse, inattention or incompetence of the custodial parent, or is the kid having problems despite the custodial parent's best efforts? Would a kid be better off continuing to be raised in a nontraditional manner, or should the kid be moved to a more traditional environment? Is it better to leave a child in a substandard environment where the child is with people she loves and who love her, or is it better to give custody to some stranger who can provide a better environment? Is it better to let some juvie first time offender off with a warning for some minor crime so that it doesn't mess up the kid's future, or is it better to take stern steps now so that the kid will know that bad acts will have severe consequences? And when a judge knows that the state is only going to spend a very limited amount of money on programs for troubled youth, how does the judge determine whether it is better to spend some of those limited funds in this particular case?

These are the questions that judges have to decide. The evidence presented can help determine the facts. However even when the facts are not in dispute, they do not give the judge enough information to decide what is really the best course for the child. Children are unique, and what might be right for one may be wrong for another. In the end the judge will end up doing what she or he "feels" is right. When it comes down to such a nebulous basis you can pretty much bet that the judge's biases and prejudices will play a role.

Do judges sometimes decide these cases wrong? Yes. However, in most instances the kids lives were messed up before the judge heard the case, and for this the blame lies with the kids, their parents and others.

Posted by: some girl ()
Date: November 27, 2010 01:45PM

i had her as a judge once.. she is an awful woman. very biased. has her own agenda. she is a vile awful woman who does whatever she wants. she doesn't deserve to be called 'honorable'

Date: November 27, 2010 01:52PM

also about this judge. she favors boys. she also gave an illegal girl a more lenient punishment for doing much worse things than an actual citizen. i knew sydney a little. im very sad she had to even come around such an awful woman like grodner and that this woman even played a hand in her life, and in her demise.

Posted by: Who Cares ()
Date: November 27, 2010 02:09PM

Am I the only one who sees the silver lining?

One less parasite draining the resources of society. Who gives a fuck this pos died?

Date: November 27, 2010 02:25PM

Who Cares

if you dont care.. then why are you posting you worthless maggot. people are trying to stand up for something that actually matters unlike your pitiful life.

Posted by: Who Cares ()
Date: November 27, 2010 05:33PM

some girl Wrote:
> Who Cares
>
> if you dont care.. then why are you posting you
> worthless maggot. people are trying to stand up
> for something that actually matters unlike your
> pitiful life.

I'm posting because you fuckin morons can't grasp the concept of personal responsibility. It's not the judge's fault. If there's any blame to be placed, it should fall squarely on the shoulders of the deceased and her family.

Either way, it doesn't sound like the deceased was going to contribute anything to society so good riddance.

Posted by: Spyder ()
Date: November 28, 2010 03:35PM

Lets see. Perhaps the people who should be blamed, if we're breaking this down, is in progression: the government (for failing people), all of US for voting liberal time and time again, (we failed ourselves) the fucked up people who cooked up the heroin and the people who sold it to her. The parents who probably had the TV raise their daughter and not them. Her friends for most likely doing the heroin and got her hooked in the first place. Her for not being strong willed enough, due to lack of upbringing (parents), education (the government), peer pressure (friends) and probably 20 other things as well. So instead of saying things like, "Im glad shes dead" and "its all the judges fault!" lets feel pity for the weak sheeple who vote and procreate. =( Sad face.

Posted by: strates ()
Date: November 28, 2010 06:16PM

Jail time is a privilege, not a right. Maybe if she had been busted with possession instead of just hot urine the court system would have been willing to give her free rent. Short of that though, perhaps the family should have sent her story to A&E for an Intervention.

As for Teena Gardner, according to google, she has a long history of helping troubled teens with creative outlets.

http://connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=238226&paper=63&cat=104

good luck getting her off the bench.

Posted by: T-Rollz ()
Date: November 28, 2010 08:58PM

Margaret Ann Tyler Johnson Wrote:
> No one truly knows the next person's hardship
> unless they've experienced it first hand
> themselves as well! teena d. grodner is the most
> bias judge in fairfax virginia, she doesn't make
> rulings according to the evidence; she makes
> decisions based on her personal feelings towards
> whoever steps in her court room. teena d. grodner
> misuses her power of authority to render down
> harsh and cruel punishment, she's all about
> depleteing ones character and mocking them. A
> kangaroo court is what she allows with no sense of
> order...saying one thing, yet doing totally the
> opposite. teena d. grodner ripped my 9yr old son
> from me lacking evidence of CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT,
> because a racist social worker jos waldren broke
> the law by invading my rights to privacy and was
> caught by me in her act of doing so. So this
> prejudice, bias, racist white social worker jos
> waldren requested prejudice, bias, racist judge
> teena d. grodner to handle my case. The sad part
> about it the child abuse was never on me, in-fact
> I was at work when this incident at my apartment
> had even taken place. It was on my male friend who
> was watching my son for me at the time. They never
> arrested nor charged him with anything, fact of
> this story is," I AM INNOCENT!!!!!", but I still
> lost my son, my job, my apartment, my car, and MY
> LIFE IN GENERAL...NOW IT'S PERSONAL...I'M COMING
> FOR TEENA D. GRODNER, JOS WALDREN, AD LITEM,
> PROSECUTERS, FOUR POLICE OFFICERS; JUSCTICE IS
> GOING TO BE MINES

What a fuckin moron.

Im sorry Sydney
Posted by: friend ()
Date: December 25, 2010 07:21PM

I just found out what happened :( i remember sending her a friend request on facebook a while back. she never responded :( she was already gone. n til this day when i go on her profile it says "awaiting friend confirmation" :( I REALLY cannot believe this. it makes me sooooo sad that she died so young.

To her family and friend:

Im so sorry for your loss. I said a silent prayer for her tonight.... its xmas :( I pray shes in a better place and that God forgives her for abusing her body the way she did and that he lets her in through the gates of heaven.

Sydney:
Im so sorry if we ever had any disagreements. I wish i knew about ur problem. i wouldve tried to help really. i know wut its like. Hopefully you hear me tonight speaking to u. May you rest in peace.

Posted by: Resident of the real world ()
Date: January 10, 2011 11:21AM

The sad truth is the mother violated her on her probation to have an excuse to send her away. Then she paid for her to go to Vegas "sin city". This family should be ashamed of all there finger pointing and blaming of others. They knew she had a problem and chose to send her to Vegas as an answer. They love to play the blame game, but the fact is the only person to blame if the person who put the needle in her arm and that was Sydney.
This disfunctional family will never heal until they stop blaming everyone else. Instead of blaming the judge, the boyfriend and anyone else they can find and look within themselves. She had substance abuse problems for years that were ignored. She had over-dosed at least 3 times that I know of and never once received any help from her family. Sad, Sad, Sad

Posted by: robert fowler ()
Date: January 15, 2011 03:39PM

i am robert. me and sydney dated for years. she is the one girl that i ever loved and will ever realy love. they all blame me for her death. yes i was the one who showed her how to shoot heroin. yes if it wasent for me she might still be alive. but she was fucked up long before i came into her life. her sisters fucked her up long before i came into the picture. they gave her an eating disorder. she was always fat, never good enough, never pretty enough. so she overcompensated and looked to forget. she was aborabe, loving, loyal, smart, and nieve. she left for las vegas because her probation officer was going to piss test her and she had drugs in her system. she knew if she stayed she was going to jail. i think she also left to get away from the drug scene i had introduced to her.she left for a clean start. she was just a scared little girl through and through. she loved me more then any of you can ever understand. some mornings i wake up after dreaming about her and i just break down all over again realising that i will never have her again.she gave me a reason to want to live. and without her i will never be whole again. i am 42 days clean today. and the only reason i am clean today is because i know that thats all she ever wanted for me. she was always there when i needed her. no matter what. that is who she was.dont remember her for how she died. remember her for who she was.

Re: Im sorry Sydney
Posted by: robert ()
Date: May 22, 2011 04:17PM

sydney's mom didnt pay for her to go to vegas, i remember the day she left we had to go shoplifting just so she could have money to actually go to vegas. dont put this overdose on her mom she has had it hard enough.

Posted by: And You? ()
Date: May 22, 2011 04:40PM

sydney's friend Wrote:
> FAIL.

And where were you Sydney's Friend? Nowhere to be found as usual.

Posted by: aquestuons ()
Date: May 23, 2011 12:31AM

I'd imagine there was a defense attorney on this case that asked the court to NOT place this young and troubled girl in to jail or in-patient treatment. Although probation services and the parents may have wanted the best for this young person, the GAL, defense attorney, and the defendant herself may have begged the court to spare her the trauma of going to jail, having her terms of probation violated, and/or forcing additional services upon her. Judge Grodner is not the executioner here - hindsight shouldn't drive your hate and pain to believe that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.