HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sandra D. Allen - candidate school board FCPS
Posted by: Vote America! ()
Date: July 10, 2017 10:32PM

(this post exists to aid those who are not logged-in to facebook and may not be able to see otherwise)

file.php?2,file=292061,filename=Screen+Samerican_flag-1475851823-361-1484253128-

SUNDAY, JULY 9, 2017

Candidate for School Board Member At Large

Dear Voter,

My name is Sandra Allen, I am a mother of two boys in the Fairfax County Public School System. I am running for the School Board Member At Large position. I have been a member of the PTA and held various positions. Currently I am the Minority Achievement Program Representative at James Madison HS. I hold a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and worked in various positions in support of the Department of Defense prior to becoming a mother. I am running to help create a positive environment and experience for all students. I am not seeking donations or endorsements of any kind. I strongly feel this position should be non-partisan and driven solely by desire for student success. We need young intellectuals and self thinkers that will find their own purpose and calling when they become adults.

For two years now, I have been advocating for changes in the education system mainly with minority students. I have attended various forums in education and youth empowerment. I have communicated my findings with various leaders in our community and with school faculty at many schools. I strongly believe that we can work together to better the outcome for all students regardless of ethnicity and income. As a hispanic mother, I have encountered many road blocks and lots of closed doors. It is imperative to have leaders with vision and ideas on how to better the education of all students. Current issues are not recent, but a result of many years of neglect and lack of prioritization.

Some candidates say that they have extensive exposure and experience in the school system that makes them qualified for the job. I say, why then do these issues continue to linger until now…We need representatives that will speak and tackle issues no matter how unpopular they might be. We need representatives that will create trust with students and parents of all cultures. We need leaders that will not shy away and be strong visionaries with strong ethnics.

There are a lot of misconception and misinformations about cultures, learning capacity for the minority students and little identification of gifted minority students in early child development. I can help implement changes and provide ideas on how to help correct current issues in our school system. Schools should empower the young in a positive form by providing transparency, information and resources. Right now students have a lot apprehension on self-advocacy. We must follow the efforts that the UN has been implementing to empower the young. Students should not fear school or faculty, but love going to school to learn and make new friends.

Our focus should be to improve the communication with parents by streamlining how parents, educators and leaders communicate. In a big system such as Fairfax County Public Schools, many students get lost and have little support via parents due to lack of information and knowledge on how the system operates. Some students are left to fend for themselves with little or no advocacy. I bring with me a fresh perspective of knowledge from a citizen’s point of view and knowing full well what needs to be addressed within the school system. A School Board position is a responsibility that cannot be taken lightly. Education is a very important job for the success of each student. After many years of trying to work with the current system as a parent and a hispanic mother, I find it very important to have someone in this position of Leadership with experience from a citizen’s perspective. For many years minority and the low/middle class students have been neglected, because they lacked a voice for higher education.

As a mother and minority, I find the need to have a voice present that will advocate for student success and help decrease the current trend of Juvenile detention centers and alternative schools. I think with common sense decision directing the success of students we can bridge the education gap. Allowing all students to be seen as equals in a system currently catering a few. A school system that has become very diverse. We must remove biases so that all student can succeed and reach their highest potential. This will benefit them and thereby our society will in turn have high intellectuals open to various different views, and self thinkers.

I have hands on knowledge of the barriers currently present for families of low income and minorities that can detract from the success of students. I come from modest means. My goal is to help provide change to address current inequalities in the Public School System. Please consider voting for me on August 29, 2017.

Sincerely,

Sandra Allen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sandra D. Allen - candidate school board FCPS
Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 11, 2017 07:29AM

Statement may have been suitable for running for a PTA President but of very little use for the broader candidacy of the School Board. It is high in aspirational content but little in the very important means of attaining that goal. From what you can gather from the limited information on her Facebook page it is safe to assume that Allen as SB Member would mean more of the same spend first and deal with the consequences later governance that has led the FCPS to declining academic excellence with many pet projects and social experiments.

Posted by: ironhead ()
Date: August 27, 2017 04:07PM

Hello Ms. Allen,
Where do you stand with the issue of renaming of schools in Fairfax county, such as J.E.B. Stuart HS? Can you please make a formal announcement of your positon as soon as possible before the election on 8/29/2017.
Thank you.

Posted by: Trim the fat ()
Date: August 27, 2017 04:32PM

If she wants to kick illegals and gang members out of FCPS, She has my vote.

Posted by: priorities ()
Date: August 27, 2017 04:43PM

Trim the fat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If she wants to kick illegals and gang members out
> of FCPS, She has my vote.

School Board has nothing to do with that. But, if it did, I suspect that would be the last thing on her agenda--since it appears that the education of those kids is her priority.

Posted by: yeah, hell no ()
Date: August 27, 2017 04:59PM

priorities Wrote:
> Trim the fat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If she wants to kick illegals and gang members
> out
> > of FCPS, She has my vote.
>
> School Board has nothing to do with that. But, if
> it did, I suspect that would be the last thing on
> her agenda--since it appears that the education of
> those kids is her priority.

School costs too much and FCPS is renaming JEB Stuart for a million dollars and Ryan McElveen is pushing for transgendered bathrooms.

Our priorities are being ignored for this social engineering.

We waste millions on border jumpers who have no business being in America, let alone FCPS.

If she is against accountability, fuck her ugly ass.

Posted by: mcelveen ()
Date: August 27, 2017 05:07PM

The next issue on the School Board agenda?

sexual assault--it's McElveen's initiative.

Posted by: FCPS Purge Now! ()
Date: August 27, 2017 05:31PM

`
Attachments:
tim kaine ryan mcelveen.jpg

Posted by: Arbie ()
Date: August 28, 2017 05:46PM

yeah, hell no Wrote:
> priorities Wrote:
> -----
> > Trim the fat Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If she wants to kick illegals and gang
> members
> > out
> > > of FCPS, She has my vote.
> >
> > School Board has nothing to do with that. But,
> if
> > it did, I suspect that would be the last thing
> on
> > her agenda--since it appears that the education
> of
> > those kids is her priority.
>
> School costs too much and FCPS is renaming JEB
> Stuart for a million dollars and Ryan McElveen is
> pushing for transgendered bathrooms.
>
> Our priorities are being ignored for this social
> engineering.
>
> We waste millions on border jumpers who have no
> business being in America, let alone FCPS.
>
> If she is against accountability, fuck her ugly
> ass.

If you can't conduct yourself civilly here, perhaps you should keep your vulgar comments to yourself.

Posted by: ldmfy ()
Date: August 28, 2017 05:52PM

Up to the last line he did have a legitimate point.

Posted by: hein22031 ()
Date: August 30, 2017 11:11AM

Thank you so much for all of the people who voted in today's election. I'm proud to be the newest addition to the School Board, and it wouldn't have been possible without your help.

Today we took a stand to celebrate diversity here in our county. I will champion students who feel lost in our school system and I'm so excited to start. I'm honored that you supported my candidacy-- from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Posted by: USA1 ()
Date: August 30, 2017 12:53PM

you know, the more we "celebrate diversity", the more divided we become.
I don't care where you came from so long as you leave it behind you and become and please allegiance to the flag....the American flag! There can be only ONE!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.