HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lynbrook is the granddaddy of Dundalk MD
Posted by: SteveBannon ()
Date: July 07, 2017 07:40AM

Dundalk suburbs looks like Lynbrook area did in the 90's !
Brick houses with blue collar whites and manicured yards!
I remember what downtown Springfield -Floyd avenue area NOT CONCORD CENTRE AREA, before Vietnamese moved in. Then, came salvadoreƱos and Springfield got really dangerous.

The only whites in that area quickly shuttle in & out of St Marks Lutheran church.

Do you think Dundalk will be the next Lynbrook?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lynbrook is the granddaddy of Dundalk MD
Posted by: Brick House ()
Date: July 07, 2017 11:32AM

Dunkalk, Oxon Hill, Wheaton, Beltsville, and a whole lot of other places used to be just like that.

Posted by: Dundalk ()
Date: July 07, 2017 04:24PM

LOL. You obviously haven't spent much time in Dundalk. Did you ever notice that every female between the ages of 14 and 40 is pushing a stroller? "Blue collar" doesn't accurately describe the demographic at all. Ring-around-the-blue-collar is more like it. Dundalk is like urban rednecks, similar to Manassass before it got overrun with beaners/hoolios, but much less wholesome, and much dirtier and grittier.

Date: July 07, 2017 07:01PM

Dundalk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL. You obviously haven't spent much time in
> Dundalk. Did you ever notice that every female
> between the ages of 14 and 40 is pushing a
> stroller? "Blue collar" doesn't accurately
> describe the demographic at all.
> Ring-around-the-blue-collar is more like it.
> Dundalk is like urban rednecks, similar to
> Manassass before it got overrun with
> beaners/hoolios, but much less wholesome, and much
> dirtier and grittier.
As I left the house I was buying aquarium supplies from, I saw a GORGEOUS girl pulled over on the shoulder with a flat tire. I was ready to play hero and help her out(I keep a Milwaukee impact gun in my car for moments like this), and a black guy was riding shotgun with the seat back lowered almost parallel! That sums up Dundalk. Zebra kids, non working baby daddy, and gorgeous young female shooting herself in the door!

Posted by: A Note to the Children ()
Date: July 07, 2017 07:42PM

Maybe you kids should talk to your parents about moving.

Posted by: poor white trash ()
Date: July 07, 2017 07:48PM

The black guy and zebra babies are the exception and not the rule. Dundalk is mostly poor white people, almost 81% Caucasian and only 10% Black. 91% speak English and only 4% speak Spanish. You're more likely to see a skinny, dirty, tattooed, shirtless white dude sitting in that passenger seat.

There really isn't a NoVa suburb comparable Dundalk. It is a former industrial area that is now very poor and still inhabited by descendants of the steel, sugar, and dock workers. Mostly white, almost no Hispanics, and very poor/uneducated.

Dundalk has been notorious for decades. Just Google "Dundalk jokes" or "Dundalk stereotypes"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/baltimore/599590-dundalk-deserving-its-reputation.html

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1995-10-17/features/1995290154_1_dundalk-brian-wilson-community-college
Attachments:
Dundalk.png

Date: July 08, 2017 11:27AM

Thank you for the data!

Posted by: Lynyrd Skynyrd ()
Date: July 08, 2017 07:35PM

Remember 98 Rock twisted tunes? They had one for Dundalk. I had almost forgot it until this thread. I found the song on YouTube and other stereotypes on 'Dundalkians' lol.

Devil went down to Dundalk..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ORs5KWi19U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC7UFJbRQyI Lolz!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.