HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Has the world gone crazy? Answer: yes.
Posted by: ox ()
Date: June 06, 2017 11:12PM

Has the entire world lost it's collective mind? Yes. We as a world are going to hell in a very large hand basket and I'm not standing for nonsense any further.

The world began it's current downward spiral when television failed to quit at night. Ask anyone at around the age of ninety years old, and these people will mention a much easier life. These oldsters will say, back in the day, blah, blah, blah.

When you ask them about the song called the Star Spangled Banner, if they are remembering the olden days they will hum a little, perhaps even stand up to sing, men will feel so compelled to remove their hats, this would be a collected act here, some would salute in a certain direction, but not nearly all of them.

The song would start in low and then start to grow sort of like another song you might have heard if you read any books back in your younger days. Everybody knew the song so completely. Like another city at the bottom of a very large hill, these people, they all knew the song by heart.

So the song, whatever it was, it would play and television stayed quiet the entire night. People slept, tucked soundly in their very comfortable beds, like children being tucked in tight and waiting anxiously until the dawn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has the world gone crazy? Answer: yes.
Posted by: Asshole with half a brain ()
Date: June 06, 2017 11:33PM

I miss the National Anthem at the end of the broadcast day.

And, yes, we are drowning in a sea of idiots.

On top of that, my wife is the biggest pain-in-the-ass nag, but she respects the flag more the some of the Eagle Scouts I know.

What do you propose we do? Isis enlistment was beginning to sound like appealing alternative...

Re: Has the world gone crazy? Answer: yes.
Posted by: Buh bye ()
Date: June 07, 2017 11:46PM

I had a fcps teacher look me in the face once and tell me that children today are not taught anything patriotic in school anymore.

I pity the future.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.