HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
MethHeads On Alert
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:05AM

Saw this on Fark:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=946111

I especially enjoyed our fearless admin, Cary, getting in a word in the comments section. Getting in a mention for FFX Underground was pretty cool.

Personally, I'm just irritated to be looked at like I'm running a meth lab when I go to buy a box of Actifed. The allergy ingredient in that cannot be found in any other medication that can be pruchased in the U.S., period. I would be okay with this law if Triprolidine was available as a solo medication, but for some reason I do not understand, it's only found combined with pseuodephedrine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MethHeads On Alert
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:14AM

RESton Peace,
   only drug addict would be against this law! how dare you claim to have allergies!   xD

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 18, 2006 07:01AM

The irony being that I am totally addicted to allergy medicine and would never consider wasting it to make meth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2006 07:03AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 18, 2006 08:30AM

I get sick of handing over a driver's license for the "real stuff" too. Annoying. I wish they'd start carding people and writing down info at Wal-Mart for buying shelves. Because shelves could be used to help organize stuff in a meth lab.

Date: October 18, 2006 08:50AM

I mean, seriously, I was just out a few days ago trying to buy 2 tons of industrial fertilizer for a "project", and the guy starts hassling me about regulations and ID.

I mean, what does he care? I just really want to fertilize a lot of shit.

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: October 18, 2006 09:34AM

Fuck Meth, I'm glad they are cracking down. Younger kids are going to get a hold of this stuff and fuckup there lives in no time.

I do think our Drug Information to kids in this country is fucked. Rather then saying METH is worst then Marijuana they label them all equally as bad. A lot of people get hooked on this stuff and don’t know anything about it. Thank goodness for http://www.erowid.org/ If only the government was smart enough to inform kids of the effects, dosages, history, user experiences. I think a lot of people would think twice before doing drugs.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 18, 2006 10:25AM

Check out face of meth at http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/photos/gallery.ssf?cgi-bin/view_gallery.cgi/olive/view_gallery.ata?g_id=2927

What do expect from a drug that's recipe includes battery acid and Draino.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 18, 2006 12:04PM

Out west is where it's at for meth.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:02PM

I agree it's a pain to have to ask and then show ID for cold or allergy medicine. The only good thing about it is now I know which kind is bad if one has high blood pressure. The kind with that meth stuff in it shouldn't be taken if you are on blood pressure meds. Now I have to take the kind that makes me sleepy. They even have Crest White strips behind the counter. Does that have meth in it too????

Trickie

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:04PM

Draino...that stuf is poison, It will burn your pipes if you don't flush it out fast and burns your skin and is just bad.

And hey I know about the industrial fertilizer. They think the entire country is named Tim Mcveigh.

Ya know they make real ANFO for blasting in quarries, etc and that stuff is crazy. 10 40-lb bags will take out a cliff.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 19, 2006 10:03AM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 10 40-lb bags will take out a cliff.

will it take out people that arent named cliff too?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 19, 2006 10:14AM

Probably take out a Cliff and a Norm

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: October 19, 2006 08:36PM

I don't care about showing an ID, but that doesn't seem to be an option. I went to 4 pharmacies tonight and none of them are carrying original formula Actifed anymore.

I've been taking Benedryl and Phenylephrine HCl - neither are helping. I WANT MY ACTIFED! It may knock me out for 12+ hours, but at least I feel better when I wake up.

Does anyone know where you can still buy it?

Signed,
Disgruntled Allergy Sufferer

Date: October 20, 2006 09:42AM

Can you order it online perhaps at Drugstore.com? That stuff keeps me awake. I like Coricidin better. Good luck.

PS. Your name is very pretty.

Trickie

Date: October 20, 2006 10:31AM

No, I tried to order some online a few weeks ago. Each major website adheres to law requiring in-person id to buy the drug, and none would sell it to a VA resident online. I'm not willing to spend the time going to every other website, because usually you don't get the info that you need to be in-person until you go to check out.

It won't matter soon, anyway... whoever makes actifed has either stopped making the old formula or will stop making it by the end of the year, I read. Total bullshit, the new formula isn't even close.

Posted by: TrickiL ()
Date: October 20, 2006 12:17PM

That is so weird. One time my girlfriend and I were gonna go on a diet so we ordered diet pills on line. They were even a controlled drug like an amphetimine. I am embarrassed to even admit this but they worked. I lost 15 lbs for my class reunion and fit into this totally cute black dress from the Gap!!! Anyways, all we did was give them our credit card and fill out a questionaire on how fat we were. ( we made it up and lied about our ages!) The pills were pricy and my house was never cleaner, but after they ran out, I never did it again. I can't believe Actifed is this hard to get!!! Totally stupid policy!!!!

Trickie

Date: October 20, 2006 01:05PM

whoa - you're a lesbian? Niiiiiice.

And yeah, nothing better for cleaning an entire house without realizing it than ampethamines.

Date: October 20, 2006 02:40PM

Oh no Reston Peace, I am not a lesbian at all. When I said "My girlfriend" I just meant my friend. I mean, I like Melissa etheridge music and I DO have a Subaru, but the lesbian lifestyle is not for me. I have been happily married for 28 years. However, one of my very best friends is a lesbian and so is my nephew. He is a homo and lives in Fort Lauderdale. I am his favorite aunt. he even took me shopping in Florida to this store called Gaymart!!! But I do think people should not be mean to homos and not make fun of them. So if you are one, there is nothing wrong with it.

Hugs to Reston Peace,
Trickie

Date: October 20, 2006 02:44PM

Meth will help you lose weight quick. Of cousre it will also eat away at your brain, gums and everything else too!

It's great for getting that perfect prisoner of war look.

Posted by: lol........ ()
Date: August 22, 2020 09:49PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.